Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

7 Facts About Praise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Facts About Praise (5541 Views)

A Must Read ! These Quotes And 7 Facts Are Proof Of God's Existence / Praise/worship Songs In Your Language / What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Facts About Praise by yommyuk: 8:23am On Dec 01, 2013
PRAISE IS GOD’S ADDRESS

Psalm 22:3
But You are holy, O You Who dwell in [the holy place where] the praises of Israel [are offered].- Amplified bible.

Praise is God’s address; it is where He lives. If you want to be where God lives, you must offer Him praise.. Praise is God’s throne. Our praise does not make Him a King; He is a King whether we praise Him or not. But when we praise Him, we offer Him His throne. We welcome Him and recognize His Kingship. Praise is God’s dwelling place and His throne.

THE WAY INTO HIS PRESENCE

Psalm 100:4–5
“Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations”

Praise is the way into God’s presence; the way into His gates and courts is with praise and thanksgiving. If you want to get into God’s presence, that is the only gate.

Isaiah 60:18
“Violence shall no more be heard in your land, nor devastation or destruction within your borders, but you shall call your walls Salvation and your gates Praise”

TIME FOR GOD TO BLESS HAS ARRIVED

Psalm 106:47
Deliver us, O Lord our God, and gather us from among the nations, that we may give thanks to Your holy name and glory in praising You.

God saves us and brings us together to fellowship with Him and with one another because He wants us to give thanks to His name and to triumph in His praise.

Like many of us, King David had been through a long dark period in his life. but he came through it all.

Psalm 30:11-12
“You have turned my mourning into dancing for me; You have put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, To the end that my tongue and my heart and everything glorious within me may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever”

OUR GARMENT OF PRAISE

Praise is part of our spiritual clothing.

Psalm 61:3
“To grant [consolation and joy] to those who mourn in Zion—to give them an ornament (a garland or diadem) of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment [expressive] of praise instead of a heavy, burdened, and failing spirit—that they may be called oaks of righteousness [lofty, strong, and magnificent, distinguished for uprightness, justice, and right standing with God], the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”

Whenever we put on the garment of praise, every burden, stress and heaviness of the heart is lifted.

A WAY FOR GOD'S DELIVERANCE

ISAIAH 61:3
"Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me, and to the blameless I will show my salvation.”

Through praising God we open the way for Him to intervene supernaturally on our behalf. There are many examples in Scripture where the intervention of God is brought about by praise.

Let’s look at one well-known example in 2 Chronicles. A strong alien army was invading Judah, and King Jehoshaphat realized he did not have the military resources to meet this army. So he resorted to spiritual weapons instead. Before they marched out to the battle, in accordance with God’s instructions, this is what they did:

2 Chronicles 20:21-22

After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the LORD and to praise him for the splendor of his[c]holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying:
“Give thanks to the LORD,
for his love endures forever.”
As they began to sing and praise, the LORD set ambushesagainst the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated.

It sounds crazy, but it worked. When God’s people praised the Lord, God intervened and dealt with their enemies. The story of Paul and Silas in the prison also comes to mind.(Acts 16:25)

If you want the supernatural intervention of God on your behalf in a difficult or impossible situation, the key that will release it is your praise. And usually it’s at a time when you would least feel like praising God in the natural.

A SPIRITUAL WEAPON

Psalms 8:2
Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies,

The enemy and the avenger” is Satan. We need to silence him because he is accusing us before the throne of God day and night.

Matthew 21:16
“Yes. Have you never read, ‘Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have perfected praise’?

When we offer God perfect praise in the unseen realm that our natural eyes cannot penetrate, we silence Satan. We shut him up and we take from him his great weapon of accusation. No wonder the devil doesn’t want you to praise God.

THE SCARIFICE OF PRAISE

Jeremiah 33:10-11
“This is what the LORD says: ‘You say about this place, “It is a desolate waste, without people or animals.” Yet in the towns of Judah and the streets of Jerusalem that are deserted, inhabited by neither people nor animals, there will be heard once more11 the sounds of joy and gladness, the voices of bride and bridegroom, and the voices of those who bring thank offerings to the house of the LORD, saying,
“Give thanks to the LORD Almighty,
for the LORD is good;
his love endures forever.”
For I will restore the fortunes of the land as they were before,’ says the LORD.

If you praise God when you feel happy and everything is going well, that’s good—but it is not a sacrifice. When everything is going wrong and you still praise God, that is a sacrifice. It costs you something to praise God when you don’t feel like it, but that is the time we most need to praise Him. We should praise God for three reasons: He is good, His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.

CONCLUSION

Hebrew 13:15-16
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

It is well. God bless wink
Re: 7 Facts About Praise by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 01, 2013
erybody shout hallelujah!!! who get talking drum,bring am asap
Re: 7 Facts About Praise by musty001: 11:55am On Dec 01, 2013
na so o
Re: 7 Facts About Praise by musty001: 11:55am On Dec 01, 2013
na so o
2nd,3rd 2 comment o
i'm having a feeling,dis thread gonna make fp

(1) (Reply)

How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. / What Does Bible Says About Bribes And Corruption? / “jesus Not Coming Back By The Looks Of It” Admits Vatican

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.