Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

The Origin Of The Igboman - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Origin Of The Igboman (3852 Views)

What Is The Origin Of Clapping/applause And Why Is It So Widespread? / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! / The Origin Of The Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by tpia: 11:20pm On Jul 27, 2008
@ Ibime: I currently happen to be reading up on the origin of the Bantu, and the general consensus seems to be that they originated from a part of west Africa around the Nigerian-Cameroon region.

Am still trying to find out how they got there before spreading out to east and central Africa.

am also checking out your link, by the way.
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by Ibime(m): 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2008
I managed to finish reading my link. . . . . now I know why Igbos and Zaires bare so much resemblance  grin

The Kwa people came from East Africa and settled the Middle Belt and Northern Nigeria somewhere around 600 BC or so. The Kwa people then split into two groups, the Ooyegbola and the Ugbo. The Ugbo then gave birth to the EFA. Anyway, a few generations before, the ORU people from Sudan had settled in the Lower Niger and the East. The Oru then married and joined forces with the Bantu from Central Africa and East Africa. The Ugbo then moved South and joined forces and intermarried the Oru and The Bantu. Finally, the EFA people came to prominence around 10,000 AD and they mixed with everytribe South of the Niger-Benue confluence including the Ibo.

ORU (Sudan) + EFA (East Africa) + UGBO (East Africa) + BANTU (Central & East Africa) + OTHERS = IBO

Their UGBO ancestors originated from East Africa and settled the
Niger/Benue (North) region in antiquity. Before settling in the eastern
region. . Their ORU ancestors originated from the Sudan and settled the
Lake Chad region then, Nupe region, then Benin region, Lower Niger.
Their Efa ancestors originated from the Niger/Benue (North) region in
antiquity after splitting from the UGBO. Their Bantu ancestors
originated from east and central Africa in antiquity. While others
originated from ancient Palestine. They collectively gave birth to the
Igbo People as we know them today.
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by Queenisha: 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2008
toshmann:

grafikdon cheesy
abi o, when i look my skin as i black like idi amin grin i come de wonder wether i no be igbo grin grin
abi i be hybrid cheesy
please there are dark skinned igbos too . . .like me. and the majority of igbos are dark skinned. igbos may have more light skinned people than . . say . . hausas or yorubas . . . but the majority of igbos are dark skinned. i belong to that majority. and i love my skin cheesy

i am handsome cheesy
yes, na me talk am cool

Nothing do you Tosh my bro.
Dark skinned men rock!
I never liked those yellow banana like men anyway
a  black man should look like a man  not yellow like over ripe mango  grin
Tufiakwa!!
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by freshB2: 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2009
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by comfort3: 11:00pm On Apr 03, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.igbonews.co.uk/html/okija2.html#500-okija
500 Okija victims recount ordeal
The Day Okija 'Gods' Invaded Reps' Chamber
Okija Shrines Priests Confess
Ngige speaks on Okija, warns troublemakers
The Okija shrine horror
House in rowdy session over Okija shrines
Okija Invasion, Deliverance for Nigerians
God Intervened in Okija, Says Cleric
Top politicians use fake names in Okija shrine register
Okija shrines were 419 tools
Those killed by Okija shrine are criminals – Chief priest
Don’t tarnish Igbo image, Achuzia insists
Aambra Govt to Acquire Okija Shrine
Okija: IG Gets Presidential Order, Ohanaeze Disowns Shrine
Okija community defends shrine, vows to resist acquisition
Anambra To Acquire 'Evil' Forest
Police Seal off Okija Shrines
Shocker for IGP at Okija shrines
Okija People are not Cannibals, Says Monarch
Raid on shrines: Police recover 50 corpses, 20 skulls
INSIDE HORROR SHRINE- Inside Okija horror shrine
Police uncover 10 fresh shrines, Ohanaeze scribe slams raid
Okija Shrine of Death- HOW WE GET HUMAN SKULLS-Chief priest
In Okija, The Gods Are To Blame For Killings
Wabara: Why Are Igbo Forests Not For Tourism?
More corpses recovered

grin wink
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by freshB2: 12:40am On Apr 04, 2009
Sorry lady

being Jelous of someone doesnt help your own current state/condition. SHOW ME ONE SINGLE /TRIBE/CITY/COUNTRY/RACE THAT IS FREE FROM RITUALS/OCCULTIC PRACTICES.

If you havent got any sensible thing to say, with all due respect diminish before you turn into mbe in Okija shrine
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by Abagworo(m): 9:39am On Apr 04, 2009
@fresh-b.all igbos are not from nri.infact very few are.nri people believe they are direct descendants of eri but are viewed in most igbo communities as strangers.there are mainly four groups of indigenous igbos who believe to know their root.they are aro,idu,nri and oru.aro from crossriver,idu from benin,nri from israel and oru 'insitu'.oru is the oldest of the group of people known today as igbos and thats where i'm from.the orus have faced a lot of wars and migrations.they occupied almost the entire southern nigeria before all these benin,oduduwa,nri and others re-arranged them.they form majority of todays southern igbo.
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by freshB2: 3:36pm On Apr 04, 2009
do tell me more.
I know Oru, that should be a combination of Olu and the surrounding Igbos around it, right? Oguta and Orsu-obodo in Oguta LGA are from Delta i should think.

I do know theres an arguement about Nri and Aro-Chukwu - which is the olderst Igboland. I have suspected Nri as Jews as are my people, but i never researched on this. i just stumbled on the Nri website few nights while i was looking for Igbo language tool for one of my young cousins who doesnt understand and speak igbo.

werent taught about these histories when we're young in school and unfortunately though without harm, i didnt live in my town nor did i experience a family live from age ten as i lived alone from then onward. nonetheles I have always heard that there are evidences in Aro-Chukwu that Igbos are from Isreal as Jews. in fact one of the destroyed evidences was the Aro-Chukwu long juju destroyed by the whites. I heard its or was found in Isreal too. watching one of the ikeji videos posted on youtube, i saw Perikoma (unsure about spelling) describe Igbos as Isrealis (Jews). {remember, Perikoma is originally from Aro-Chukwu}. and looking at the beautiful cultures in Igboland, theres hardly any room for doubt (when compared with Jewish cultures in the Bible) that Igbos aren Jews.

I am from Aro-Chukwu (Okigbo as others choose to call it), though i dont live in Aro-Chukwu - you all know the story, same as other Aros; how our families got scattered during slave trade in order to have access to more (not nice to say). I was born in Oguta lived in every where and every place but not Never been to Aro-Chuwku my land because my parents fear i will scatter their family again if i go back to Aro-Chukwu (some uncles that went back to Aro -Chukwu never came back to Oguta as they prefered to stay in ththere). 

so i havent got my own first hand story to tell about Aro-Chukwu, however, i do know that Aros arent from cross river. they are migrants there thats why they share bounderies with the Calabers.
infact a Calabar ladys hi to me in London when i introduced myself to her as an Aro-Man was "you know we are enemies.". I dont forget that, she reminded me that we've fought wars, maybe the wars are still ongoing, i dont know.
i know that the Aros are warriors but I LOVE TO KNOW WHERE EXACTLY I CAME FROM THOUGH I TELL PEOPLE WERE JEWS
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2009
Igbos Originally From Ethiopia
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-64627.64.html

"igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-226540.0.html

(1) (2)

The Trade House Abuja / Africas Got Talent!! / Where Does The Name Yoruba Come From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.