Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,569 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. (4920 Views)

Bible Verse That Called God A Drunkard / Why Do Self-Confessed Criminals And False Pastors Sell CDs ? / Was Jesus A Black Man?yes He Was (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:56am On Dec 01, 2013
Matthew 11:19

19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

The above passage is jesus trying to justify his lack of self-control when it comes to eating and drinking. It is a well established fact that jesus couldn't do without alcohol. There are many passages in the bible attesting to this. He even brought his own strong drink to a wedding. When he knew we was going to be arrested and probably killed for saying nonsense, he tried to institute a ministry of drunkenness by asking his disciples to always drink in his remembrance.

There are many things we don't know about jesus one of which is how he gets money to buy all this wine as he was jobless and homeless.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by Thavik(m): 10:08am On Dec 01, 2013
Re u happy nw? K
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by debayun(m): 10:08am On Dec 01, 2013
Buhahahahahahaha I look at ur future and I laff wish I would b dere wen u will look bck at all d nonsense uve said and regret it and wished u had followed d truth dat is so obvious anyhw man jst continue time will tell who is right or wrong
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by saintvc(m): 10:27am On Dec 01, 2013
Op is drunk

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by Davidson267(m): 10:32am On Dec 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Matthew 11:19

19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

The above passage is jesus trying to justify his lack of self-control when it comes to eating and drinking. It is a well established fact that jesus couldn't do without alcohol. There are many passages in the bible attesting to this. He even brought his own strong drink to a wedding. When he knew we was going to be arrested and probably killed for saying nonsense, he tried to institute a ministry of drunkenness by asking his disciple to always drink in his remembrance.

There are many things we don't know about jesus one of which is how he gets money to buy all this wine as he was jobless and homeless.
Guy u smoke wet weed?...somtin is after u
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 01, 2013
Hahaha... op cirosly r u drunk... wat is a drink?
is water, wine dat has alcho, or wine dat dont v alcho, u should v read wel 2 knw y he made dat statement. nt jt bring out a single verse. he did confes anytn he ws sayn wat pple cal hm... read again pls nd dnt be mis guide by d devil. pple cn say wat u rnt dat dosnt mean u re...
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by larrymoore(m): 10:39am On Dec 01, 2013
This is a minor blasphemy, it is not punishable under the jewish law. U are forgiven, carry on.
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 01, 2013
mr.ceo63:
is water, wine dat has alcho, or wine dat dont v alcho, u should v read wel 2 knw y he made dat statement. nt jt bring out a single verse. he did confes anytn he ws sayn wat pple cal hm... read again pls nd dnt be mis guide by d devil. pple cn say wat u rnt dat dosnt mean u re...

There's no smoke without fire.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin alfa no go kill person wt laugh
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:02am On Dec 01, 2013
mr.ceo63:

The bolded in the op was jesus talking about himself.
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:03am On Dec 01, 2013
For all of you attacking me, the scripture bears me witness.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by Graviton(m): 12:15pm On Dec 01, 2013

The above passage is jesus trying to justify his lack of self-control when it comes to eating and drinking. It is a well established fact that jesus couldn't do without alcohol. There are many passages in the bible attesting to this. He even brought his own strong drink to a wedding. When he knew we was going to be arrested and probably killed for saying nonsense, he tried to institute a ministry of drunkenness by asking his disciples to always drink in his remembrance.

I can't remember Jesus being female, from your username it can easily be deduced that you are a Muslim trying to discredit Christianity. Get a life, man...Alfa indeed
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
Graviton: I can't remember Jesus being female, from your username it can easily be deduced that you are a Muslim trying to discredit Christianity. Get a life, man...Alfa indeed

You can't even understand your bible. No wonder you are a xtian. Lost school fees.
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by Graviton(m): 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You can't even understand your bible. No wonder you are a xtian. Lost school fees.
I'm a christian and proud (read my signature) did you bother to read the preceding verses?. He was comparing himself to John, he stated that john did not eat because he was a vegetarian and he got criticized for it and now that the Son of man emerged he decided to do the exact opposite of John but people also condemned him.

In essence, all he is saying is "you can't please people, try to please God instead"

Read and Enlighten yourself, sir...don't "excerptualize" (reading mere excerpts) always try to read everything before you speak, it could save your life

Matthew 11:16-19
New International Version (NIV)
16 “To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:

17 “‘We played the pipe for you,
    and you did not dance;
we sang a dirge,
    and you did not mourn.’
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

Your signature gives a rather explicit overview of what you are really after but no matter. In case you haven't noticed, greater individuals than yourself have tried to ridicule Christianity and the gospel continued to wax strong. So carry on, propagate the gospel.

Peace!

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by rooftech: 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
you will soon need jesus ,before the end of this week .God bless you.
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
Graviton: I'm a christian and proud (read my signature) did you bother to read the preceding verses?. He was comparing himself to John, he stated that john did not eat because he was a vegetarian and he got criticized for it and now that the Son of man emerged he decided to do the exact opposite of John but people also condemned him.

In essence, all he is saying is "you can't please people, try to please God instead"

Doesn't change the fact that he was a drunkard. He said it himself. See the bolded on the op.
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
rooftech: you will soon need jesus ,before the end of this week .God bless you.

grin grin grin grin
why should I need a dead ogogoro drinker? you xtians are very funny indeed. ha!
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by DKJaleel: 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
even the atheists understand the bible better than the so called christians...instead of them to defend and explain what the scriptures mean, they go about telling how crazy you are...
That's expected of those who dont have a clue of what they carry about..

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by Graviton(m): 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Doesn't change the fact that he was a drunkard. He said it himself. See the bolded on the op.
I have updated my post, he was not a drunk. People said he was...if your friends believed everything exaggerated criticisms people said about you, would you have any friends left?

He was telling us how people criticized him
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2013
Graviton: I have updated my post

Are you trying to say that jesus was wrong when he said this?

Luke 7:34

34 But I eat my food and drink my wine, and you say, ‘What a glutton Jesus is! And he drinks! And has the lowest sort of friends!’
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by lirusehn(m): 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
lolz
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by Graviton(m): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

34 But I eat my food and drink my wine, and you say, ‘What a glutton Jesus is! And he drinks! And has the lowest sort of friends!’
now this is just plain silly.

..and I wonder if I can continue to tolerate your naivety. I will answer your question with an explanation

Imagine a man walking down the road and for some time he has been wearing a certain pair of shoes, now overtime, people begin to presume thats the only pair he owns.

Jesus is referring to the judgmental nature of humans; how they sometimes refer to shrubs as big trees.

If you still don't understand then I'm sorry the devil you referred to in your signature has indeed blinded not only your spiritual awareness but your academic faculties to the extent of not understanding a common plain English text.

You must have noticed you get a lot of views but very little comments on this thread, that might be because a lot of people are finding it rather disparaging to continually explain simple texts such as this to people like you.

Misinformation is the world's most undisclosed cause of death, many a time people drink drugs without reading prescriptions. I decided to comment as I felt I was also according someone the privilege accorded me and I felt you needed help as you were probably misinformed.

God help you, Dear brother...This is my last comment on this thread, a word is enough for the wise.

Cheers
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by Graviton(m): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

ehen...before I forget, Jesus loves you and he is ever so willing to take you back and forgive your sins as he forgave mine.

I gave my life to Jesus in 2011, I was 16 then and the peace I have felt these 2 years has more than convinced me of his existence. I'm 18 now and I believe that you have a chance to experience his limitless love.

PM me if you change your mind, much love!
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by Josydaky(f): 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
saintvc: Op is drunk
Seconded
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by Sharingan: 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
Ok is quite ridiculous dat you're usin a verse to propagate a more ridiculous assertion.You blindly quoted mattew and luke,if had read the passage,you would've understood that they are both sayin the same thing albeit different accounts.you nid 2 get your facts straight and just like graviton has pointed out.Christ was teaching against double standards and d fact that you cannot please everybody by anything you do.
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by FOWOSIRE: 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
Yeah Jesus said it and he is not denying or not claim responsibility for his actions. unfortunately, he is working by a constitution that does not condemn drinking. what is condemned in christuanity with proper understanding is the loss of self in the act. truth is God or Jesus do not need an advocate and do not deny their actions. if you feel their actions are wrong, it is based on your right to your opinion and if you are a muslim, you might as well be angry at one of the prophets, maybe not the last and most powerful but one of God's own as claimed by the Quran. trust me if deeds in the bible are used to judge God, some will admit God should go to hell, at least pharaoh's heart was hardened by him, and he caused a bear to kill some kids because they were laughing at a prophet. so there is no point in advocating or condemning anybody, just pay attention to your relationship with him and leave people to their rights to their choices it wasn't as if he was forcing kids to drink and or others for that matter. so my point is mind your fucking business.
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by FOWOSIRE: 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
Yeah Jesus said it and he is not denying or not claim responsibility for his actions. unfortunately, he is working by a constitution that does not condemn drinking. what is condemned in christuanity with proper understanding is the loss of self in the act. truth is God or Jesus do not need an advocate and do not deny their actions. if you feel their actions are wrong, it is based on your right to your opinion and if you are a muslim, you might as well be angry at one of the prophets, maybe not the last and most powerful but one of God's own as claimed by the Quran. trust me if deeds in the bible are used to judge God, some will admit God should go to hell, at least pharaoh's heart was hardened by him, and he caused a bear to kill some kids because they were laughing at a prophet. so there is no point in advocating or condemning anybody, just pay attention to your relationship with him and leave people to their rights to their choices it wasn't as if he was forcing kids to drink and or others for that matter. so my point is mind your fucking business. peace
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by FOWOSIRE: 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
and lastly, for him to have confessed makes him bettet than most of us who are more liars and hippocrytes, sorry not sure about ma spelling of hippocrytes, is hippo, hyppo, crites, or crytes? please help out.
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by highyo: 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2013

May God forgive you for you do not know what you are doing
and I pray since whatsoever I pray in the name of Jesus will be so
then I pray in Jesus name that the lord will arrest you the way he arrested paul and you will end up protecting the name of Jesus you are trying to mock, and you will end up in heaven and praise that Jesus for ever and ever in Jesus name
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
Graviton: now this is just plain silly.

..and I wonder if I can continue to tolerate your naivety. I will answer your question with an explanation

Imagine a man walking down the road and for some time he has been wearing a certain pair of shoes, now overtime, people begin to presume thats the only pair he owns.

Jesus is referring to the judgmental nature of humans; how they sometimes refer to shrubs as big trees.

If you still don't understand then I'm sorry the devil you referred to in your signature has indeed blinded not only your spiritual awareness but your academic faculties to the extent of not understanding a common plain English text.

You must have noticed you get a lot of views but very little comments on this thread, that might be because a lot of people are finding it rather disparaging to continually explain simple texts such as this to people like you.

Misinformation is the world's most undisclosed cause of death, many a time people drink drugs without reading prescriptions. I decided to comment as I felt I was also according someone the privilege accorded me and I felt you needed help as you were probably misinformed.

God help you, Dear brother...This is my last comment on this thread, a word is enough for the wise.

Cheers

Same old excuses. Even jesus tried that excuse but he already admitted to drunkeness.

Let me tell you a proper analogy. It's like a lazy man that says "I stay home and don't work they complain and call me lazy, my cousin here goes to work everyday but is still very poor, they call him foolish, But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

This statement while being true comparatively does not remove the fact that the man was lazy and was just trying to justify his laziness by pointing out that those that work are also mocked. That's what jesus was doing.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
highyo:
May God forgive you for you do not know what you are doing
and I pray since whatsoever I pray in the name of Jesus will be so
then I pray in Jesus name that the lord will arrest you the way he arrested paul and you will end up protecting the name of Jesus you are trying to mock, and you will end up in heaven and praise that Jesus for ever and ever in Jesus name

you've been doing this same prayer for weeks now. Is your god deaf or deliberately ignoring you?
Re: Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. by nkwachiabel(m): 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

you've been doing this same prayer for weeks now. Is your god deaf or deliberately ignoring you?
you're just a foooool OP. Its ur Mohammed that's a drunkard. What do u think u knw abt the bible How abt ur Koran Now, let us have
a closer look at what the Koran says about the infidels
(unbelievers):-
Slay the unbelievers wherever you
find them(2:191)
Make war on the infidels living in your neighboorhood
(9:123)
When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you
catch them (9:5)
Kill the Jews and the Christians if they
do not convert to Islam or refuse to
pay Jizya tax (9:29)
Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable (3:85)
The Jews and the Christians are
perverts; fight them (9:30)
Maim and crucify the infidels if they
criticise Islam. (5:33)
The infidels are unclean; do not let
them into a mosque (9:28)
Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron
rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies (22:19)
Do not hanker for peace with the
infidels; behead them when you
catch them (47:4)
The unbelievers are silly; urge the
Muslims to fight them (8:65)
Muslims must not take the infidels as
friends (3:28)
Terrorise and behead those who
believe in scriptures other than the
Qur’an (8:12)
Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorise the infidels
(8:60). I pray God will touch u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Similarities between 2014 prophecies of MFM (G•O) and RCCG general overseer / A Touching And Amazing Testimony Of An Ex Muslim (MUST READ) / Interceding in Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.