Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,820 members, 7,956,090 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:31 AM

You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... (910 Views)

Understanding What Sin Is, And How To Be Forgiven / Did The Pope Really Say Sins Can Be Forgiven Via Twitter?? / Would Satan Be Forgiven If................? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by dammygoody(m): 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
I was totally frightened this morning in the Church,when I came across a portion of the Bible.............Mark 3:28-29.
Vs 28"Verily I say Unto you,all sins shall be Forgiven unto the sons of men,and blasphemies wherewithsoever they shall blaspheme.
Vs 29 "But he that blaspheme against the Holy Ghost(spirit) hath never forgiveness ,but is in danger of eternal damnation.

I was baffled,what if I had committed this sin unknowingly,what is going to happen to me,eternal hell fire?God Forbid.
My Question is; in what way can we blaspheme the Holy Ghost?.
Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by nwaobitex: 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
me i dont know too
Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by GSKing: 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
mtcheeeeww, gullible lots!
Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by dammygoody(m): 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
GSKing: mtcheeeeww, gullible lots!
do you have to abuse............
Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by bizmahn: 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
Just check the dictionary meaning of blasphemy.That should somewhat guide you into the understanding.
Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by dammygoody(m): 1:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
I've checked it but need Practical illustrations............
bizmahn: Just check the dictionary meaning of blasphemy.That should somewhat guide you into the understanding.
Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by majalisa(m): 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2013
dammygoody: I was totally frightened this morning in the Church,when I came across a portion of the Bible.............Mark 3:28-29.
Vs 28"Verily I say Unto you,all sins shall be Forgiven unto the sons of men,and blasphemies wherewithsoever they shall blaspheme.
Vs 29 "But he that blaspheme against the Holy Ghost(spirit) hath never forgiveness ,but is in danger of eternal damnation.

I was baffled,what if I had committed this sin unknowingly,what is going to happen to me,eternal hell fire?God Forbid.
simply not accepting Christ as ur lord and savior is d blasphemy d bible refers to..my opinion sha
Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
It me calling something else God, just like christain and Babalawo use to do.
Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2013
To abuse the holyspirit, insult Him, if u read d story well, wat led to that statement was dat the pplw said d power jesus exhibited was demonic. In plain terms its like sayin a pastor is using evil spirits instead of shutting up if u aint absolutely sure.
Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by dammygoody(m): 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2013
majalisa: simply not accepting Christ as ur lord and savior is d blasphemy d bible refers to..my opinion sha
hmm............I'm actually thinking about that ............thanks for the contribution anyways
Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by dammygoody(m): 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
majalisa: simply not accepting Christ as ur lord and savior is d blasphemy d bible refers to..my opinion sha
hmm............I'm actually thinking about that ............thanks for the contribution anyways
chris baba: To abuse the holyspirit, insult Him, if u read d story well, wat led to that statement was dat the pplw said d power jesus exhibited was demonic. In plain terms its like sayin a pastor is using evil spirits instead of shutting up if u aint absolutely sure.
yea i was thinking about that also............one really need to be careful
Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by GSKing: 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
dammygoody: do you have to abuse............
How does that sound to you? Is "gullible lot" an abuse?

1 Like

Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by Alwaystrue(f): 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
dammygoody:

Mark 3:28-30
28  Truly and solemnly I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever abusive and blasphemous things they utter;
29  But whoever speaks abusively against or maliciously misrepresents the Holy Spirit can never get forgiveness, but is guilty of and is in the grasp of an everlasting trespass.

30  For they persisted in saying, He has an unclean spirit.

Isaiah 5:20
That is why we should be careful of what we say and guard out lips. James 3:2.

Judging people and and judging their actions righteously are not the same thing.
Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by dammygoody(m): 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2013
GSKing:
How does that sound to you? Is "gullible lot" an abuse?
I'm sorry,i probably saw something else..lol
Alwaystrue:

Mark 3:28-30
28  Truly and solemnly I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever abusive and blasphemous things they utter;
29  But whoever speaks abusively against or maliciously misrepresents the Holy Spirit can never get forgiveness, but is guilty of and is in the grasp of an everlasting trespass.

30  For they persisted in saying, He has an unclean spirit.

Isaiah 5:20
That is why we should be careful of what we say and guard out lips. James 3:2.

Judging people and and judging their actions righteously are not the same thing.
Good,I like that version of the Bible,what version is that please? ...........speaks abusively against or maliciously represents.......... much more clearer and practical,thanks so much sister,God Bless you.
Re: You Cannot Be Forgiven For This One... by Alwaystrue(f): 10:25pm On Dec 01, 2013
^^^^^^
That is good to know you understand better.
It is Amplified version.

(1) (Reply)

The Imminent Rapture / 'It's Your Fault.' Hillsong Founder Told Victim Of Child Sex Abuse / Time To Revise The Koran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.