Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,404 members, 7,861,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:52 AM

Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 (11090 Views)

Photos From Deji Of Akure's Son's Wedding... / Deji Of Akure's Swag Photos At His Son's Wedding / Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by AreaFada2: 11:27am On Dec 02, 2013
Ogbeche77: For this calamity to end, I think the people of Akure should do the right thing, recall the previous Deji of Akure that was dethroned.. If one Oba isn't dead another one shouldn't be ascend the throne . It a tradition, any attempt to float this leads to premature death and further calamities in the land... The people of Owo tried it and failed....

The way they depose kings in some parts of Nigeria makes me wonder. In African culture, there's nothing like ex-Oba, only late Oba.

Sure even Kings make mistake but the tradition also provides for settling such issues.

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by adaptor4all: 11:43am On Dec 02, 2013
ichommy:

Fish seller from Burundi, he also an actor in Burullywood.
Hope he didn't have Buruli ulcer
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Davo93(m): 11:47am On Dec 02, 2013
Ogbeche77: yes the former Deji was a disgrace but the kingmakers should have chosen a regent till the oba's demise. Then they can choose a new Deji
Better idea!
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by adaptor4all: 11:56am On Dec 02, 2013
I see a movie coming outta dis 1..what title befits it
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Bamsdayo(m): 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
think it's 77
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by sunnyprof: 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
We looked at the King and not the woman who provoked him to the extend he beats her up. Now you said he was fighting. Lets be considerate, some so called wife of the mighty are devilish and will do anything to tarnish your image. They take whatever they do for granted with the 'Blackmail' trap that because of your position, you can do nothing. That was what happened I suppose.

King or no King, the man in him will give it out one day, but the issue was that his people (or enemies) did not cover up that incident as it is done in most cases, especially if they are benefitting from his positioning.

His matter should be revisited, and if he shows enough remorse, he can be re-installed.
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by LyfeJennings(m): 2:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ogbeche77: For this calamity to end, I think the people of Akure should do the right thing, recall the previous Deji of Akure that was dethroned.. If one Oba isn't dead another one shouldn't be ascend the throne . It a tradition, any attempt to float this leads to premature death and further calamities in the land... The people of Owo tried it and failed....

Abegyyy,READ UR HISTORY WELL
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Jarus(m): 3:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
There is high rate of turnover in that office.
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by cumpaddre(m): 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
ichommy:

Fish seller from Burundi, he also an actor in Burullywood.
Lmao
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by cumpaddre(m): 3:24pm On Dec 02, 2013
Babzilla:

THE NIGGER WHO BEAT HIS WIFE SOME TIME BACK
AND THEN THE YOUTHS KICKED HI A$$
Wow! Really
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by rhames(m): 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
cumpaddre: Who is he

Even if u do not know him, why not respect his title or the fact that he is dead?
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by klax(m): 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2013

Yes you may be right but the question is who told you this epistle and where did you read such epistle at least for others to get the fact too. Moreso the dethroned Deji is never a man to be crown in the first place according to information and fortunately for him he was crowned and he unleashed unfortunate terror on the people of the land. In addition I guess what you are to say is that the Akure people should look for a way to kill the dethroned Deji because surely that animal called Deji(Dethroned) does not worth to even be a king servant talkless of becoming a king so bro. forget it that he would be return back to that palace and if your people in Akure do such that means Akure people are "COWARDS" which I know "THEY ARE NOT" its better the throne is vacant than that "No Home Training Hooligans"(NHTH) to come back to the palace as king.

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Davo93(m): 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
sunnyprof: We looked at the King and not the woman who provoked him to the extend he beats her up. Now you said he was fighting. Lets be considerate, some so called wife of the mighty are devilish and will do anything to tarnish your image. They take whatever they do for granted with the 'Blackmail' trap that because of your position, you can do nothing. That was what happened I suppose...
I doubt if you are from the Yoruba descent...

No matter what may have inspired his commando style, at that point he accepted to be the king of the town, he is bound by some rules and regulations.

He is not expected to have descended SO LOW to the extent of going to his In-law's house to deface his wife with hot ashes. It is not only cruel of any human being that act but highly .... Let me just don't continue. It is a very bad omen for him.
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Xfactoria: 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2013

Take that back bro...deposing a King is not new to Yoruba culture. In fact, allowing the deposed King to live is magnanimity. If it were to be in years past, in the days of old, "won ma si igba fun ni" (meaning, they will open calabash for him and he would die immediately).
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2013
X-factoria:

Take that back bro...deposing a King is not new to Yoruba culture. In fact, allowing the deposed King to live is magnanimity. If it were to be in years past, in the days of old, "won ma si igba fun ni" (meaning, they will open calabash for him and he would die immediately).

so dats wat it means to 'si igba fun eyan'....i neva knew dat...
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Nobody: 5:04am On Dec 03, 2013
Looks like an angel of death has been unleashed in that Akure
No be the same place where dead body get aksidenti?
And many other sudden deaths
The Christians in that area should pray
The former Deji beat up his wife,shortly after she dies of unknown causes and now a new Deji dies
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Devalx: 6:59am On Dec 03, 2013
michaeltornwini: may is soul RIP
why did u forget the 'H'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paintings Of The Moors Of Europe / My Wife-To-Be Is An "Osu" / Beautiful Northern Sudanese.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.