Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. (4803 Views)

To What Aim Is BBA, Is It For Moral Acts Or Immoral Acts?. / Big Brother Africa - Eroding Our Cultural And Moral Values In Nigeria / Big Brother Is Bad For Africa - Let Us Fight Moral Exploitation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. by Mrshroud: 6:31am On Dec 02, 2013
Well, i stayed up late on t.v watching this movie called 'apocalypto',Produced & directed by Mel Gibson .

Actually, i first watched the movie in 2007 or so, but then i couldn't quite grasp the storyline, but today after watching this movie once again, i can't help but spot the dangerous combination of fear of death & strongwill to survive. 'Jaguar paw' the main character of the story is chased to the extreme, having narrowly escaped been used as a human sacrifice, his will to survive at all cost becomes the blueprint for an inverse arrangement where the haunted hunted (jaguar paw) becomes the ghost Hunter.

In my opinion, The moral lesson of this movie is, NEVER UNDERESTIMATE MAN'S SURVIVAL INSTINCTS.

If you've seen the movie, pls share yours.
Re: The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. by Afam4eva(m): 7:05am On Dec 02, 2013
It's only when a man is faced with potential death that he does the unfathomable. When i was young, there was this fence that i found difficult climbing but when i was being chased by an angry guy, i didn't know how i flew over. That was a survival instinct and that's what Jaguar paw exhibited in Apocalypto. He did what he couldn't have done ordinary. From from being chased by a jaguar to jumping off the top of a water fall and so on.

4 Likes

Re: The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. by Mrshroud: 7:18am On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva: It's only when a man is faced with potential death that he does the unfathomable...
You're correct sire.
Fear unzips hidden potentials.
Re: The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. by khanivorous(f): 9:20am On Dec 02, 2013
The most dangerous animal is the cornered one

I remember when he jumped off the waterfall and survived... He then shouted to his hunters and was like:

Na me be jaguar paw; I dey my territory now; if you think say your beans reach mine, come try me for my home zone
Re: The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. by VillageBoi(m): 9:36am On Dec 02, 2013
Hmmmmm OP... I thought it was a simple enough movie to grasp shocked Hope you enjoyed a good 6yrs figuring it out wink Well done!
Re: The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. by semid4lyfe(m): 10:48am On Dec 02, 2013
VillageBoi: Hmmmmm OP... I thought it was a simple enough movie to grasp shocked Hope you enjoyed a good 6yrs figuring it out wink Well done!

Wicked. . . .ROFLMAO

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. by Mrshroud: 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
khanivorous: The most dangerous animal is the cornered one

I remember when he jumped off the waterfall and survived... He then shouted to his hunters and was like:

Na me be jaguar paw; I dey my territory now; if you think say your beans reach mine, come try me for my home zone
hahahaha.
And tru tru d niggaz nor fit fall im hand for im territory o.
Imagine the way their boss take die.
He had that look in his eyes like. " this nigga... So you defeated me."
Re: The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. by Mrshroud: 12:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
VillageBoi: Hmmmmm OP... I thought it was a simple enough movie to grasp shocked Hope you enjoyed a good 6yrs figuring it out wink Well done!
nice question bro.
In 2007 i wasn't an adult, my comprehension skills were low, and besides i didn't have as much interest in movies as i do now.

Dat been said. How is ur rural village?
I hope u sense the sarcasm in my voice. Village boy. Now run off to the stream.

1 Like

Re: The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. by Okonjoiweala(f): 12:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mr shroud:
nice question bro.
In 2007 i wasn't an adult, my comprehension skills were low, and besides i didn't have as much interest in movies as i do now.

Dat been said. How is ur rural village?
I hope u sense the sarcasm in my voice. Village boy. Now run off to the stream.
lol... ... I love e-taunts.
Re: The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. by Vivly(f): 12:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
I've seen the movie too. Great movie. Thing is, it's just like any other action movie where the main character or hero survives at the end after been faced with death by the villains. Most kids have already realized this from their 'actor and boaz' films that the good guy after facing near death experiences overcomes the badguys who always happen to be more in number. Apocalypto falls in that line. Nothing special.
Re: The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. by Mrshroud: 3:46pm On Dec 02, 2013
Vivly: I've seen the movie too. Great movie. Thing is, it's just like any other action movie where the main character or hero survives at the end after been faced with death by the villains. Most kids have already realized this from their 'actor and boaz' films that the good guy after facing near death experiences overcomes the badguys who always happen to be more in number. Apocalypto falls in that line. Nothing special.
hmmm... That's a very narrow analysis of movies.
Re: The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. by Vivly(f): 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mr shroud:
hmmm... That's a very narrow analysis of movies.
hmmm... How do you watch your movies? Do you see each film having a unique script that hasn't been played before?
Re: The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. by Okonjoiweala(f): 4:57pm On Dec 02, 2013
Vivly: I've seen the movie too. Great movie. Thing is, it's just like any other action movie where the main character or hero survives at the end after been faced with death by the villains. Most kids have already realized this from their 'actor and boaz' films that the good guy after facing near death experiences overcomes the badguys who always happen to be more in number. Apocalypto falls in that line. Nothing special.
you hit the hammer on the nail.

(1) (Reply)

Why Some Local Tv Stations Do Not Go On 24 Hour Transmission / Watch All Big Brother Africa The Chase Shower Hours Free / Nollywood Actor Chiwetalu Agu Caught Molesting A Woman In The Bush [movie Set]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.