Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow (41111 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole Donates Items To IDP Camp In Edo (Photos) / Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) / PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Ngokafor(f): 4:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
...nice gesture from Mr uncouth Governor himself Oshiomole. He was smart enough to attempt this playing to the gallery for selfish political reasons,all thanks to technology that exposed him.
..anyway,as much as we now know he is a sadist,i guess he will learn to keep his emotions in check next time.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by ohisola(f): 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
Oshiomole is a widower the woman is a widow
Hummmmmm grin grin

Do u smell what I smell.
FATE

O Lord use any means you deem fit to bless me. Amen
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by justicejaco(m): 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
I salute dix governor,he's done well...No man z perfect
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
Click 'LIKE' if you think nollywood is @ d verge of shooting a movie with this script "GO AND DIE". Trust nollywood!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by akahp(m): 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Now that the video went viral, he apologized and rewarded the widow. What else do you want him to do ? What's the point looking behind when the governor himself realised his mistake and own up to it ? That is whom I call a real man !
ur superbly stup1d!! He dint realise his mistake until pple started makn contributions 2d woman, dats wen he knw dat he can actualy do dis nd ur here singing his praise, calling him a ril man, 4dis? Arent u being senseless? He wud av bn a real ril man had it bn he did dis since, u get dat? OKWE!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by sarutobie(m): 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
coogar:

you are correct......
anyone complaining after this gesture is a hypocrite with a political agenda. it takes a lot for a governor to apologise to a petty trader. the woman herself accepted the apology - the matter was between them & not with the noisemakers here.

oshiomole has done the needful - case closed!
If he gave her 2mil and she forgave him then that settles it IMO..its a happy ending for that widow.Oshiomole goofed but who cares(right now) a widow's life and her children(if she has) has been uplifted.God be praised.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Feraz(m): 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
berem:
Are you from Edo state, NO!

Is the money not meant for Edo people? Yes it is!
Is she an Edo woman,yes she is!

Does she pay taxes? Yes she does!

Why are you drinking water for another person's thirst?
Speaking from both sides of your mouth right? Keep it up. Had it been a PDP governor, we won't hear the last of this from you. You were one of the people shouting Peter Obi is wasting Anambra's money despite the state not being your state of origin. Hypocrisy at its best...

If Oshiomhole hadn't been caught on camera and the video viral on social media, would he have done this? Wise move. Let's see what PDP will say about this...

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by shakur07(m): 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
Should I Go And DIe because. He GAve d Go and die woman 2 millllla...
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by georgecso(m): 4:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sometimes in life you have to go down to later rise again...from grass to grace.. God works in ways we least expect.. Public Shame and humiliation has brought her financial breakthrough... Just like the public shame and humiliation Christ endured. God will use those persecuting you today to bring the desired positive change in your life... hit like to claim this blessing...
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by plaindealer: 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
Just a few days ago, it was he didn't go far enough and he must invite the woman and apologize to her face to face and obviously, the man took your wonderful advice and did exactly what you asked for, but it's still the same anger, bitterness and pettiness..

What do you people really want or you are just aimless and confused souls with no sense of purpose and direction?

Bottom line, we have a happy ending so look for another issue to exploit with your tribal and political hangups because this issue is over and done with..

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by eliz1: 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
OMAJE4: If he actually apologised to her personally then thats commendable but Oshiomhole must stop justifying his action by claiming the widow indulged in street trading, She didnt. It doesnt matter if she's been made to admit doing some kind of wrong to trigger the Governors wrath but its evident She wasnt trading but only waiting for a bus to pick her wares and her supposed crime was keeping her goods at the side of the road which clearly isnt street trading.
Genuine repentance can only come when we admit our mistakes wholeheartedly and seek forgiveness. Someone please tell that to Osho, the woman may be happy and better off today but we still know there's an arrogant and unrepentant tyrant in Edo state govt house.

we should stop pointing fingers but praise God for the platform he used to blessed the woman, if it was in Lagos the woman would find herself in kirikri prison. thank you baba Adams l am not a fan to APC but l your fan and GEJ's fan also, carry go baba
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by lyvin: 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
Since he apologised. He is forgiven.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by OgologoDimkpa: 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ngokafor: ...nice gesture from Mr uncouth Governor himself Oshiomole. He was smart enough to attempt this playing to the gallery for selfish political reasons,all thanks to technology that exposed him.
..anyway,as much as we now know he is a sadist,i guess he will learn to keep his emotions in check next time.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by OgologoDimkpa: 4:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
Feraz: Speaking from both sides of your mouth right? Keep it up. Had it been a PDP governor, we won't hear the last of this from you. You were one of the people shouting Peter Obi is wasting Anambra's money despite the state not being your state of origin. Hypocrisy at its best...

If Oshiomhole hadn't been caught on camera and the video viral on social media, would he have done this? Wise move. Let's see what PDP will say about this...
You know her very well smiley
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by plaindealer: 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
Side note:::

The governor and the people of Nigeria dodge a very important bullet and the bullet = The woman in question is not IGBO.

Thank God Almighty for denying us that potentially dangerous, tribal, ethnic, political tsunami and calamity.

Amen..

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by kalohkaloh: 4:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
Good move. I remember I suggested this move to Oshio Baba in my comments when the incident happened, though my recommendation was for him to give the woman 50K to rent a shop and for him to also set up a fund for street hawkers to borrow and rent shops after which anyone selling on the road can now be sanctioned. I also pointed out that President Obama was in a similar situation not long ago and he had to visit the victim and drank beer with him. Oshio Baba has shown that he is mortal afterall and that no one is above mistake. A genuine repentance as demonstrated by him is what matters. Just like King David, he has already obtained God's forgiveness notwithstanding what haters on this forum are saying. I wish the same genuine repentance can be demonstrated by FG on ASUU matter!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
PDP and Dan Orbih should match that with their paltry N250k. grin
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by niceeric(m): 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2013
I don't know how this gesture towards the woman suddenly took the raw hate I had for the Governor when I first heard d 'gist' away but I must say he did the right thing...it brings up a verse in the Bible that said sumfin like there's great amusement and joy in heaven when a sinner repents of his sins.
PS:-I know a lot of Governors,Ministers etc who would never swallow their pride and do this sort of reconciliation...but sha Bros Adams na second chance u dey ooo
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Feraz(m): 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
plaindealer: Side note:::

The governor and the people of Nigeria dodge a very important bullet and the bullet = The woman in question is not IGBO.

Thank God Almighty for denying us that potentially dangerous, tribal, ethnic, political tsunami and calamity.

Amen..
Whoever mentioned tribe here? Trying to start up something eh?
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by komek(m): 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
Buh when he said "Go and Die", there was a video footage, now that he has appologised, 'Go and Dine', all we are seeing is a photoshoped material.

We need the video or it did not happen.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by MyJoe: 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
Symphony007: This is getting rather ridiculous. Giving government money to a woman because you insulted her. What about the other thousands of widows in edo state who you did'nt tell to go and die. Development does'nt come to them until they are insulted. Nigeria is a really disturbed nation. 2 million for one woman. This money would have gone a long way to help a couple of people. Rather you choose to spend it on one woman for political and social correctness.
Unfortunately, Nigeria is not a place where people actually think. So this obvious point is lost on everyone. Sad. This governor has robbed tax payers of N2m to pay for this foolishness and we have to clap for that!

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by uzeba(m): 4:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
But it takes only a courage man to did what he did.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by uzeba(m): 4:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
That is how it should be. God just allow that incidence to happen so he can change the status of widow in this country.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by plaindealer: 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
Feraz: Whoever mentioned tribe here? Trying to start up something eh?

We are still healing from the Lagos relocation abi deportation fiasco and we learn and pray from experience..
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Feraz(m): 4:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
MyJoe:
Unfortunately, Nigeria is not a place where people actually think. So this obvious point is lost on everyone. Sad. This governor has robbed tax payers of N2m to pay for this foolishness and we have to clap for that!
Even though we know the obvious, you better clap oh or you'll be labelled 'anti-progressive'
plaindealer:

We are still healing from the Lagos relocation abi deportation fiasco and we learn and pray from experience..

I understand but try not to create issue when there is none before the attack dogs are unleashed....cheesy
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Pee2k3: 4:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
D woman is a widow and oshomole is a widower. U ar thinking wat am thinking? Osho baba should marry d woman nah abi ?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by akahp(m): 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
Reptyle:

Errrr...and you know this because he consulted you about the "real reason" he offered the apology right?
ur rili tryn hard 2convince me dat ur IQ is xo low. Isnt it obvious? Ok ansa me pls, y dint he do dis since, b4 d contributions 4rm pple? Patiently waiting 4ur response
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by eluquenson(m): 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2013
He has shown a remorse to the statement made. I hereby forgive him and will never say anything in regards to this story anymore. Go and sin no more Mr. Governor your sins has been forgiven undecided
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by plaindealer: 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2013
Feraz: Even though we know the obvious, you better clap oh or you'll be labelled 'anti-progressive'
I understand but try not to create issue when there is none before the attack dogs are unleashed....cheesy

The only issue here is you losing sleep over what I said.

If you feel like starting your tribal wars, go ahead, but don't make me your excuse or even include me or my post. Take responsibility for your own actions and quit hanging on other people's irrelevant comments.

Please, find something better to do with your time and ignore me ASAP...
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by plaindealer: 4:46pm On Dec 02, 2013
MyJoe:

And what's wrong with spending state resources on your subjects to better their lives? Abi the woman is from MARS and not Edo state?
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by vowiski(m): 4:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
The governments in Nigeria donates money like water is very ridiculous.. cheesy
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Feraz(m): 4:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
plaindealer:

The only issue here is you losing sleep over what I said.

If you feel like starting your tribal wars, go ahead, but don't make me your excuse or even include me or my post. Take responsibility for your own actions and quit hanging on other people's irrelevant comments.

Please, find something better to do with your time and ignore me ASAP...
Nah, I don't do tribal fights. Thanks all the same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Idahosa: Oshiomhole Refused To Believe Obaseki Has Finished Him Politically / Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review / Zahra Buhari Gets Customized LV Marriage Boxes From Indimi Family (photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.