Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year (3738 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Visits President Buhari Today (Photo) / Rochas Okorocha Campaign For Akinwumi Ambode In Lagos State / We Won't Spend N60bn On Mobile Phones For Farmers - Dr. Akinwumi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 02, 2013
Del.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by collynzo2(m): 10:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
Aigbofa:

Didn't Obasanjo brought your from obscurity to become vice president of Nigeria. These people are winning recognition on their own merit. It has nothing to do with the clueless man who appointed them.
Didn't he also appoint Stella Oduah? Bloody hack.
Who says Stella Odua is not receiving awards too?
GEJ's ministers are working.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
How convenient is it for a die hard tribalist to forget the president who projected those guys thereby putting them in prime positions for these achievements. Some of us have maintained that the hatred some people have for GEJ is simply because of where he comes from and nothing more.

How many of us knew who Akinwumi Adesina was until the Ijaw fisherman won an election and made him the minister of agriculture? Some have even argued that people like Akinwumi Adeshina are reaping where they did not sow as they played no role in the hardwork that went into the success of GEJ in the 2011 elections. Some of the current ministers, if they were in the country then, may even have voted against GEJ in the 2011 elections. But GEJ means well for this country and was only interested in putting square pegs in square holes post-2011 elections and so he invited people like Adeshina to come and contribute their quota to national development.

The same is applicable to the guy who was recently elected ICAO president- he was nominated and promoted by the same Ijaw fisherman and Stella Oduah that some people hate so much.

One thing is sure, whether haters like it or not, these international recognitions are further endorsement on the direction the President and his team are going. Fortunately for us, the world is looking beyond the propaganda, hateful politics and lies of LOSERS and die hard tribalists.

Congratulations, Akinwumi Adeshina!
Congratulations Nigeria!!
Congratulations GEJ!

Go and bury your head in the sand hypocrite. When someone elected by your drunken fisherman succeeds, you congratulates Jonathan but when they are indicted of fraud, you shift blames. Why should Jonathan take the credit of a performing minister but won't accept the failure of others ?

If the president has nothing to do with his nomination for the award, the he has no chance to be congratulated !

5 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Go and bury your head in the sand hypocrite. When someone elected by your drunken fisherman succeeds, you congratulates Jonathan but when they are indicted of fraud, you shift blames. Why should Jonathan take the credit of a performing minister but won't accept the failure of others ?

If the president has nothing to do with his nomination for the award, the he has no chance to be congratulated !
I am not in the mood for endless debate with tribalistic goats. Fact is you and I never knew who Adeshina was until he was appointed a minister by the same GEJ you hate so much. GEJ gave Adeshina the platform and Adeshina made good use of that platform. That is a fact. And it is only a big fool that will forget the one who gave him the platform to shine. If some others who are given similar platforms failed to shine or mis-uses it, that is their business and lost opportunity. End of story

5 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by Akanbiedu(m): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2013
Inferiority complex.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 03, 2013
congrats on ade, still not convinced. I pray you make me eat my words
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:42am On Dec 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Stella Odua, Iweala and Allison Madueke had more presidential support than him if you are talking about Jonathan's factor in this. It's not always about noise but what you've got in your brain and that has paid off for him !
upper cut!!!

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by geeez: 8:53am On Dec 03, 2013
Congrats bro

You make us proud

Even the more visible ones clearly have no ideologies and can't win this in two lifetimes

It's in the DNA

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by MidasT(m): 8:54am On Dec 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

First it was Adeyemi Michael Winning Grierson British Documentary Award and now Akinwunmi Adeshina winning the Forbes Africa person of the year, thank you guys. I'm proud of you.

Keep repping odua nation.
Ethnic Goat, i wonder y people like u were born in this age? You belong to the caves. Becos he is a yoruba man, u hailed him, forgeting that nigerian from other ethnic background had achieve mind blowing things and we applauded them as nigerians, not as hausa or ibo, or fulani. U need to fall back to 2go, nairaland is obviously too sophisticated for you.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by APCstakeholder(m): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2013
Dr Akinwunmi Adeshina is just one out of the rest!!His methodology to issues in the Agricultural transformation is unparalled and worthy to be emulated.Though am a strong APC Apologist,bt dis is one man that have shown that one doesnt need to have executive powers in order to make economic impact to the society.I greatly wish that GEJ retains this great achiever cum goal getter in his next cabinet reshuffle..Congrats The Man of The Year...Dr AKINWUNMI ADESHINA
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:02am On Dec 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
How convenient is it for a die hard tribalist to forget the president who projected those guys thereby putting them in prime positions for these achievements. Some of us have maintained that the hatred some people have for GEJ is simply because of where he comes from and nothing more.

How many of us knew who Akinwumi Adesina was until the Ijaw fisherman won an election and made him the minister of agriculture? Some have even argued that people like Akinwumi Adeshina are reaping where they did not sow as they played no role in the hardwork that went into the success of GEJ in the 2011 elections. Some of the current ministers, if they were in the country then, may even have voted against GEJ in the 2011 elections. But GEJ means well for this country and was only interested in putting square pegs in square holes post-2011 elections and so he invited people like Adeshina to come and contribute their quota to national development.

The same is applicable to the guy who was recently elected ICAO president- he was nominated and promoted by the same Ijaw fisherman and Stella Oduah that some people hate so much.

One thing is sure, whether haters like it or not, these international recognitions are further endorsement on the direction the President and his team are going. Fortunately for us, the world is looking beyond the propaganda, hateful politics and lies of LOSERS and die hard tribalists.

Congratulations, Akinwumi Adeshina!
Congratulations Nigeria!!
Congratulations GEJ!
I've known Akinwumi Adeshina when he was abroad before Goodluck Jonathan made him a minister.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:06am On Dec 03, 2013
collynzo2: Who says Stella Odua is not receiving awards too?
GEJ's ministers are working.
If Stella Oduah won an award, I don't know, but one thing is sure, it will be prior to the 255m scandal. Her travelling to London to take an award where she was disgraced is a slap on Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by biafranqueen: 9:08am On Dec 03, 2013
Well done! Agri industry in the Eastern region is really picking up, thanks to Federal Grants and support. He has done well, we are proud of you!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by babane15: 9:30am On Dec 03, 2013
adino: Which State is he from? I hope it is not Osun (too cute for that State). Hope he is from Lagos sha.
This is how a Lagos Governor should be: PERFORMING, FOCUSED,ENERGETIC, SENSIBLE and BRILLIANT among other positives. But, sorry for his state sha because we the people of Nigeria need him as Agriculture Minister Till 2019. We can loan him out after that, Oga Adesina "You Are Blessed"

He is from Ogun State, Ijebu to be precise. Well done son. Bigups
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by zopaks: 9:58am On Dec 03, 2013
The Guy is good.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by Tobbie9(m): 10:04am On Dec 03, 2013
babane15:

He is from Ogun State, Ijebu to be precise. Well done son. Bigups
, ijebu guys are just brilliant, congrats to him
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by fabulous4u: 10:13am On Dec 03, 2013
I want to personally congratulate the minister for agriculture on this new feat and pray his strides in repositioning the Nigerian agric sector on the part of growth will be actualized.
I'm not a Yoruba person but, that will not make me dismiss the dividends of the hard work of a Yoruba man
to all ethnic apologists esp the Yorubas(not all though ) I recall sometimes back when Gej was listed among the times most influential persons in the world,you guys dismissed it under the excuse that he got it because he was the president of the most populous black nation in the world but suffered from selective amnesia that there were many past presidents of this same country that never made the list.
please you tribal bigots should grow above hate and try to love before you judge.
I don't expect my appeal to change you guys but there is no harm in trying

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 03, 2013
django1: What did he do that qualified him for that honor.
He's by far the best Federal Minister of Agriculture we've had. He's completely transformed the sector with some very dynamic policies that are seeing unprecedented investment in Nigerian agriculture by local and international players. If he's there till 2019, Nigeria will meet local demand and become a net food exporter, without a doubt.

............................[img]http://www.mydailynewswatchng.com/wp-content/themes/sahifa/timthumb.php?src=/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Dr.-Akinwunmi-Adesina.jpg&h=330&w=660&a=c[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by engrfcuksmtin(m): 10:37am On Dec 03, 2013
Adejoro74:

GEJ-appointed man wins award. Without GEJ looking for him and engaging him he could not have made it. Congrats to Adesina and to GEJ
Sorry Adeshina is well known to some us before his appointment, he has consult for Food and Agricultural Organization, several countries to formulate viable and successful Agricultural policies. But we are all wondering what become of him now in GEJ government; he has good ideas which he has sold to the government most especially the one's on rice and cassava but they are almost dead on arrival as a result of saboteurs, and bad implementation.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by DisGuy: 10:56am On Dec 03, 2013
hmm upon all the fertilizer cabals he systematically put out of business; I wonder why this minister didnt need a bullet proof car cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by fabulous4u: 10:58am On Dec 03, 2013
Dis Guy: hmm upon all the fertilizer cabals he systematically put out of business; I wonder why this minister didnt need a bullet proof car cheesy
and please who told u his car is not bullet proofed ?

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by trillville(m): 11:07am On Dec 03, 2013
Obasanjo nominated him to be minister so Obasanjo deserves some credit too.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by taharqa: 11:12am On Dec 03, 2013
ROSSIKE:
He's by far the best Federal Minister of Agriculture we've had. He's completely transformed the sector with some very dynamic policies that are seeing unprecedented investment in Nigerian agriculture by local and international players. If he's there till 2019, Nigeria will meet local demand and become a net food exporter, without a doubt.

............................[img]http://www.mydailynewswatchng.com/wp-content/themes/sahifa/timthumb.php?src=/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Dr.-Akinwunmi-Adesina.jpg&h=330&w=660&a=c[/img]
Without a Doubt!!..... I spent d larger part of yterday's Evening watching Videos from diff sources on d Agric Transformation led by this man, and was Woo-ed. I particularly watched most that had to do with Rice, esp this year's Dry Season Rice farming (1st time in Nigeria's history, I think Or in a really long time) And some Rice Mills that have opened up in d last 2-3 years (I watched d Video of about 7 of them although they said there was about 14 that have opened- IRS Mills in Kano, Labana Mills in Kebbi, Adani in Enugu, Kuarra Mills in Kwara, and 3 in Ebonyi). I am gathering the Videos and accompanying Articles, so as to open a thread here soon

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by taharqa: 11:16am On Dec 03, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: Sorry Adeshina is well known to some us before his appointment, he has consult for Food and Agricultural Organization, several countries to formulate viable and successful Agricultural policies. But we are all wondering what become of him now in GEJ government; he has good ideas which he has sold to the government most especially the one's on rice and cassava but they are almost dead on arrival as a result of saboteurs, and bad implementation.
Will just SHUT it?? Ie Sharrap!!.... By d way, you write and reason way worst than my Kid Nephew. Kilode?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by juman(m): 11:36am On Dec 03, 2013
Congrats.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by sholay2011(m): 11:57am On Dec 03, 2013
Congrats sir!!!! cool I really respect this man.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by tomakint: 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
taharqa: Without a Doubt!!..... I spent d larger part of yterday's Evening watching Videos from diff sources on d Agric Transformation led by this man, and was Woo-ed. I particularly watched most that had to do with Rice, esp this year's Dry Season Rice farming (1st time in Nigeria's history, I think Or in a really long time) And some Rice Mills that have opened up in d last 2-3 years (I watched d Video of about 7 of them although they said there was about 14 that have opened- IRS Mills in Kano, Labana Mills in Kebbi, Adani in Enugu, Kuarra Mills in Kwara, and 3 in Ebonyi). I am gathering the Videos and accompanying Articles, so as to open a thread here soon
The man is an ENIGMA! Congrats to him, this is a sure candidate for Governor anytime, any day!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by Walelavender(m): 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2013
Congrats Mr Minster. There are more hills to climb. Somethng must be done to the fiasco bedevelling rice import in this country. We have to be self reliant before stoping importation. Eku oriire ooo
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by Goddex: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
This man try die. . .
May God bless him to deliver more
Team Fresh Air!!!!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by Goddex: 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
[size=16pt]Why won't this thread make homepage for God's sake?

Are all our moderators enemies of progress?[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by taharqa: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2013
geeez: Congrats bro

You make us proud

Even the more visible ones clearly have no ideologies and can't win this in two lifetimes

It's in the DNA
*smh*
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Wins Forbes 2013 Person Of The Year by luvinhubby(m): 8:57am On Dec 04, 2013
All APC lappydogs can `GO & DIE! grin cheesy Up GEJ till 2019. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Election Results Benue - Punch Newspaper / Yakubu Dogara Biography / Osinbajo, El Rufai Feud: Nigerians Cannot Be Fooled By APC's Antics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.