Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Imam Ali 'named' His Sons Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman? Wed His Daughter To Umar? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Imam Ali 'named' His Sons Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman? Wed His Daughter To Umar? (1704 Views)

An Interview On Uthman Dan Fodio / Kofi Anan Quoting From Nahjul-balagha In Praise Of Imam Ali's (as) Leadership / The Martyrdom Of Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as) In The Holy Month Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imam Ali 'named' His Sons Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman? Wed His Daughter To Umar? by AlBaqir(m): 9:26am On Dec 03, 2013
Our Sunni brothers on this forum often divert attention from the main topic of discuss with the above assertions. I believe discussion on the above topic deserve a thread on its own rather than tactically derail other topic with these issue once they find the parent topic thorn in the flesh.

This thread is taken from the excerpt of the "Reply to Sheikh Mumtaz ul Haq", a Sunni Deoband scholar based in the Uk.

Its another perspective in addressing the issue cited above. Kindly find time to read and let's discuss accordingly and kindly stop derailing from the main thread.

1. Cliq: www.iqraonline.net/reply-to-sheikh-mumtaz-ul-haq/

2. Cliq: www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/names-of-imam-ali-sons.html

3. https://www.al-islam.org/critical-assessment-umm-kulthums-marriage-umar-sayyid-ali-al-husayni-al-milani/section-4-umars

Shukran wa Salam Alaykum.
Re: Imam Ali 'named' His Sons Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman? Wed His Daughter To Umar? by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 03, 2013
wa aleykum salaam wa rahmatUllah. i am neither a shia nor a sunni or any hyphenated muslim. Alhamdulillah, i am just a muslim. inshaAllah all of us before death will achieve status of mumin, muhsini. amin.

you should reflect, first, what you hope Rasullah [SA] will say if Allah permits him to address each of us about how we treat his family [RA]; wives, child, grandchildren, uncles, cousins, etc. his close associates and friends {RA]. do we lionize them, abuse and rain insults and dare curse them?

imagine that and see if this is the aklak of the house of the messenger [SA]. did imam Ali [RA] rain, abuse and or curse any of the wives of the prophet [SA], which one and why if he did? are those cursing now carrying on the legacy of Imam Ali [RA] or they are innovators if not deviants in this case? Did Imam Ali [RA] cursed seyiddina Abu Bakr and or Umar Ibn Khattab [RA}.

we find islam easy and we now have the gut to say we are better than Umar so much so that we are abusing him? what gives, what right do we have to do this?

I am a married man. no man that cares for me will curse my wife and receive my blessing. He will find me harsh against him. he will become my enemy. even if i were divorced from her. no man can abuse her on my account and find favor with me. If i can decide his doom, he will be condemned because he has aroused my anger and he truly deserves it since i didn't instruct him to do so.

may Allah forgive us all. Amin. the division by sects among muslims is not what Allah wants. we forced this into islam. I, inshaAllah will not be among those who strayed. Amin. I pray this du'a to Allah on each person.

3 Likes

Re: Imam Ali 'named' His Sons Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman? Wed His Daughter To Umar? by AlBaqir(m): 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
RoyPCain: wa aleykum salaam wa rahmatUllah. i am neither a shia nor a sunni or any hyphenated muslim. Alhamdulillah, i am just a muslim. inshaAllah all of us before death will achieve status of mumin, muhsini. amin.

Dear brother, one can only be 'just a muslim' by mouth but cannot practically - both Usool and Furoo Deen- are definitely in line with a particular Madh'hab (school of thought) owing to the fact that we didn't have the chance to see the prophet (saws) live and direct. You and I only follow what was written (with different opinion) centuries after his demise. Where you were born, your level of orientation and exposure with keen interest to study will largely influence the path you thread.

RoyPCain:
you should reflect, first, what you hope Rasullah [SA] will say if Allah permits him to address each of us about how we treat his family [RA]; wives, child, grandchildren, uncles, cousins, etc. his close associates and friends {RA]. do we lionize them, abuse and rain insults and dare curse them?

Really the way of the muslims today is quite different from that of the teachings of the holy prophet. Its saddened. Even today some Muslim kill in the name of abusing the prophet of Islam. Whereas we read the prophet of mercy forgiving his enemies.

RoyPCain:

imagine that and see if this is the aklak of the house of the messenger [SA]. did imam Ali [RA] rain, abuse and or curse any of the wives of the prophet [SA], which one and why if he did? are those cursing now carrying on the legacy of Imam Ali [RA] or they are innovators if not deviants in this case? Did Imam Ali [RA] cursed seyiddina Abu Bakr and or Umar Ibn Khattab [RA}.

You remind me of the reply of Imam Ali to one of his companion after the victory of the battle of Jamal. The sahabi said: "let's take Aisha captive". Imam replied: "will you take your 'mother' captive?" With dignity and respect, Imam sent Aisha back to prophet's house in Madina where Allah ordered her to stay quietly.
It is evident that crisis erupted after the demise of the prophet on the issue of successor-ship. Imam never ever abuse or cursed any of his adversaries. The holy prophet himself (saws) had the opportunity to crumble all his avowed enemies at the conquest of Makkah (Fath Makkah) but he pardoned and freed all. Such are the noble character of Men of God.

Truly some Shi'a do curse Aisha, Abu Bakar, Umar and Uthman. In my humble opinion, it is un-call for and the act is even not the reflection of a large heart displayed both by the prophet and his ahl al-bayt. Many do this emotionally looking at the injustice and unimaginable bad things the community did to the ahl al-bayt of their prophet. My candid opinion is if you rain curse on somebody that doesn't deserve it, Allah in His mercy will definitely turn that to Rahma for the person and vice versa.

On the other hand, the way in which certain historian promoted certain personalities say for example, Aisha, to be women's role model (sura Tahrim describe her in a glimpse) compare to the holy Lady Fatima, the leader of all women (sura al-ahzab vs 33; sura al-Imran vs 69-71 describe her lofty status) makes the emotional 'attack' vibrant. Just like the legacy of the prophet where he actually left Qur'an and his ahl al-bayt but people politically promoted 'Qur'an and sunnah' despite the fact there's no single authentic hadith for it.

Or the issue of "rightly guided caliph". Majority believe Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman, Ali in that order were the four "rightly guided caliph" despite NO evidence to justify that. All these and many more touch the very core of our respective belief and practice and even set the tone for upcoming generation.

With these and many issue in view, one might be drive with emotional that had it been they did not stopped the prophet, had it been truthfully obeyed the prophet...none of these shameful crisis would have happen.

RoyPCain:
I am a married man. no man that cares for me will curse my wife and receive my blessing. He will find me harsh against him. he will become my enemy. even if i were divorced from her. no man can abuse her on my account and find favor with me. If i can decide his doom, he will be condemned because he has aroused my anger and he truly deserves it since i didn't instruct him to do so.

Dear brother, reality from the Qur'an is that Allah can test a husband through his wife and vice versa. Allah tested the holy prophet and the entire ummah through Aisha, the wife of the prophet. Prophet Noah, Lut and Yaqub had wives that turned against them. In fact this is the reality that the ahlu sunnah never want to listen to. Being a prophet's wife or child doesn't guarantee salvation rather your responsibility is doubled as Allah will double your punishment if you slip up.

"O wives of the prophet, you are not like any ordinary woman PROVIDED YOU FEAR ALLAH..."~sura ahzab.

Sura Tahrim describe Aisha and Hafsa in a perfect way. And example and parables were set for them and for us in the case of prophet Noah and Lut's wives; likewise with Asy'ah, the wife of an evil man, pharaoh; and lastly, Mary'am, daughter of a lofty man, Imran. Even the holy prophet was ready to divorce Aisha and Hafsa (sura Tahrim + Bukhari's narration on the sura) but Allah and His prophet know best why he retained them just like the afore-mentioned prophet retained their wives.

But cursing them, honestly is un-call for. I believe we can only recount their past to understudy them and learn from their mistakes so that our so-called affiliation to Islam, prophet and ahl al-bayt or certain sahaba will not delude us from the truth.

RoyPCain:
may Allah forgive us all. Amin. the division by sects among muslims is not what Allah wants. we forced this into islam. I, inshaAllah will not be among those who strayed. Amin. I pray this du'a to Allah on each person.

There's nothing one can do with the division of this Ummah. It started at the death-bed of the prophet where he (saws) wanted to write for the ummah the very document that will keep us together for ever. But certain individual accused him of delirious and prevented him from writing this document. The division escalated till 3 civil war outbursted resulted into the death of thousands of muslims and it continue today.
We of this generation can only study with open heart whom to follow because at every cause, everybody claim to be on the right path.

Thanks for your time and brotherly approach.
Re: Imam Ali 'named' His Sons Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman? Wed His Daughter To Umar? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
I am gonna stop with this response, unless you are using this thread to educate us all and not criticizing any of our ancestors in this faith that are the first generation, the generation of The most beloved to God and man, Muhammad ibn Abdullah [SA].

to say my mother Aisha [RA] is in the class with evil women; the wives of Prophets Noah and Lut [AS to the prophets] is a wrong calibration. Why? the two evil women Allah reported them as evil who will die in their evil ways with those evil doers like them, while their prophet husbands [AS] were alive testifying to the Truth of their end. Both Aisha and Afsah [my mothers] [RA] not only lived after the death of their noble husband [SA], they participated in the burial.

Allah would not have allowed them to still be wives, never married after, never spoke evil of their husband {SA} and seyiddina Ali ibn AbiTalib [RA} didnt abuse them. Instead, he classified Aisha [RA] in your point above as mother. I hope you will desist from criticizing the mother of Seyidfina Ali [RA], if truly you love those you said you love.

Alhamdulillah. if Islam practiced in my locality does not agree with me, i will move or avoid the controversies and the doubtful and i can intentionally move away or pray at home, to avoid fitnah.

i don't see how anyone respecting the prophet [SA], Ibn AbiTalib [RA] and disrespecting those they did not disrespect by the fact that in time of great hostility, he said "will you [ ] to your mother?" i emulate Ali ibn Abi Talib [RA}. I will not behave like his companion that wanted to harm the wife of the Prophet [SA], intending to make her a captive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvmjdOGdzkY
Re: Imam Ali 'named' His Sons Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman? Wed His Daughter To Umar? by AlBaqir(m): 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
RoyPCain: I am gonna stop with this response, unless you are using this thread to educate us all and not criticizing any of our ancestors in this faith that are the first generation, the generation of The most beloved to God and man, Muhammad ibn Abdullah [SA].

to say my mother Aisha [RA] is in the class with evil women; the wives of Prophets Noah and Lut [AS to the prophets] is a wrong calibration. Why? the two evil women Allah reported them as evil who will die in their evil ways with those evil doers like them, while their prophet husbands [AS] were alive testifying to the Truth of their end. Both Aisha and Afsah [my mothers] [RA] not only lived after the death of their noble husband [SA], they participated in the burial.

Dear brother how is recounting what Allah revealed in sura Tahrim my criticism of Aisha and Hafsa?

Please do me a little favor post the whole of sura Tahrim (chapter 66) in your next reply and let's analyse it verse by verse. Qur'an is Haq (truth)!

If I start giving you quotations of al-Bukhari, Muslim and many Sunni valuable book about Aisha, you might raise eye-brow as if am not quoting directly from them. So let Qur'an speaks and if you are ready for those hadith, am all yours.

RoyPCain:
Allah would not have allowed them to still be wives, never married after, never spoke evil of their husband {SA} and seyiddina Ali ibn AbiTalib [RA} didnt abuse them. Instead, he classified Aisha [RA] in your point above as mother. I hope you will desist from criticizing the mother of Seyidfina Ali [RA], if truly you love those you said you love.

i don't see how anyone respecting the prophet [SA], Ibn AbiTalib [RA] and disrespecting those they did not disrespect by the fact that in time of great hostility, he said "will you [ ] to your mother?" i emulate Ali ibn Abi Talib [RA}. I will not behave like his companion that wanted to harm the wife of the Prophet [SA], intending to make her a captive.

Qur'an called all the wives of the prophet "mother of the believer". And all mufassir unanimously agreed that what it meant is Nobody can marry them after the demise of the prophet (saws) just like we cannot marry our biological mother.

The verse: "O consort of the prophet! You are not like any ordinary woman PROVIDED YOU FEAR ALLAH..."
What does it suggest? If any wife of the prophet does not discharge her responsibilities which Allah and His prophet demand from her, and which will qualify her as a role model, then she's nothing but an ordinary woman.

How do we know if any of the prophet's wives discharge this responsibilities? On account of Aisha and Hafsa, I cited sura Tahrim.

Here Allah warned them of their plot against their husband and asked them to repent for their sins. Allah however makes it clear that since their heart has been deviated, if they persist in plotting; Allah, the angels and steadfast believers will support the prophet.
Allah continue saying if the prophet divorce them, then He will replace them with BETTER women with exalted qualities of Taqwa, obedience, steadfastness etc.
Then the later part of the surah gave them and all muslims parable of the wives of prophet Noah, Lut whom Allah sided under righteous Nabi but they betrayed their husband...

All these were during the life-time of the holy prophet (saws) in which the window of amendment and opportunity is still wide open.
What about after the demise of the prophet?
The first civil War in Islam was instigated by Aisha, wife of the prophet, whom Allah ordered to stay indoor (sura Ahzab). She did not only participated in the war but was the leader riding camel from one mountain to the other. Only her among the 9wives of the prophet (saws) participated.
Was that the responsibility the almighty enjoyed on her? Was that a befitting example for the "mother of the believers"? What kind of a mother will kill her children?

Who will responsible for the death, mass killing of thousands of Muslims? Who?

(1) (Reply)

Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? / We (muslims) Worship Allah(swt) Not The black Stone In Ka'aba. / Arabic Speakers Only Please!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.