Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,822 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Aitel New Scam On BB BIS Activation Via A Non BB Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Aitel New Scam On BB BIS Activation Via A Non BB Phone (1202 Views)

Glo Bis Activation Pending / Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aitel New Scam On BB BIS Activation Via A Non BB Phone by luvola(m): 9:53am On Dec 03, 2013
The retardeen network called airtel has just begun a scam tactics . I purposely subscribed around 8:30am for BB BIS daily plan on and behold i was activated for the daily plan. I checked the data cap using *141*712*0hatch but no data cap was there.. I inserted the sim on my brother's BB and still the sim didnt browse.. The question now is why will they scam me by zapping my money and despite putting the sim on a BB phone , still not browsing.. Airtel is doom.
Re: Aitel New Scam On BB BIS Activation Via A Non BB Phone by ammyluv2002(f): 10:38am On Dec 03, 2013
Scam as in how? Didn't you get the text message? You decided to waste your money so don't blame it on airtel. You should know, they will take your money once you subscribe.. you be Thomas?
Re: Aitel New Scam On BB BIS Activation Via A Non BB Phone by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 03, 2013
Re: Aitel New Scam On BB BIS Activation Via A Non BB Phone by luvola(m): 10:53am On Dec 03, 2013
ammyluv2002: Scam as in how? Didn't you get the text message? You decided to waste your money so don't blame it on airtel. You should know, they will take your money once you subscribe.. you be Thomas?
didnt you read b/w the above statement that the sim was inserted on a B.B phone and still not browsing ? This is what other networks are not doing.. Is that not a scam ? E.g when you activate MTN BIS on a non B.B phone , it will still work when you insert it on a B.B phone.. This is sheer wickedness , fraud et al.
Re: Aitel New Scam On BB BIS Activation Via A Non BB Phone by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 03, 2013
It just happened to me now oo. I use bold 5 and I sent BBUD to 440 so I can get 80mb to download olamide's turn up video. I got a subscription confirmation from airtel but when I dialled *440*712*0#, it say I have no data plan. Mods abeg move this to the front page so people won't fall victim of this scam further
Re: Aitel New Scam On BB BIS Activation Via A Non BB Phone by luvola(m): 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
front page mod... This is biggest scam of the year.... Mod pls fron page
Re: Aitel New Scam On BB BIS Activation Via A Non BB Phone by luvola(m): 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2013
front page mod... This is biggest scam of the year.... Mod pls fron page .. Airtel NIgeria is worst than ASUU AND BOKO HARAM...
Re: Aitel New Scam On BB BIS Activation Via A Non BB Phone by Jeffy1206(m): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
scam ke! i use the normal code this morning and am still browsing with it...if u dial *141*712*0# and you didnt see data i guess they are really working to block us from using this bis...use this code to check *123*10#
Re: Aitel New Scam On BB BIS Activation Via A Non BB Phone by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
ammyluv2002: Scam as in how? Didn't you get the text message? You decided to waste your money so don't blame it on airtel. You should know, they will take your money once you subscribe.. you be Thomas?

ogbeni u blind
Re: Aitel New Scam On BB BIS Activation Via A Non BB Phone by nani667: 6:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
luvola: didnt you read b/w the above statement that the sim was inserted on a B.B phone and still not browsing ? This is what other networks are not doing.. Is that not a scam ? E.g when you activate MTN BIS on a non B.B phone , it will still work when you insert it on a B.B phone.. This is sheer wickedness , fraud et al.

initially the sim wasn't on a BB device... so the poster knew the risks involved before subscribing.... there was no scam by Airtel....He chose to dash them money..and they Gracefully collected it....

meanwhile... I subscribed for the 2+1 daily plan for N200 today and it worked well...So they've probably already blacklisted the guy's SIM.... meanwhile... make I dey flex my data before deadline cool

(1) (Reply)

Gionee M2 Vs Samsung Galaxy Core (dual Sim) / How To Disable App Notifications In Android (Image Tutorial) / How Do Stop Excessive Data Usage On S4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.