Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,486 members, 7,826,837 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems (1834 Views)

T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
On the 700 Club today, Pat Robertson was asked by an elderly woman with health issues if it would be ‘wrong to use [tithe] money toward medical expenses instead.

The woman who had been tithing since childhood was told by Robertson that she wouldn’t have health issues, and therefore medical expenses, if she tithed properly.

Right Wing Watch reports, “The viewer said that she and her husband are “retired and living on a small pension and Social Security income” and “barely have any money” because of her husband’s medical expenses.”

She asked Robertson if it would be “wrong to use [tithe] money towards medical expenses instead?”

Quoting Malachi, Robertson responded, “Your husband has all these medical problems because the ‘devourer’ has not been rebuked. You need to rebuke him. You give your tithes faithfully and God said, ‘I will rebuke the devourer,’ the person that is eating up your money and eating up your health. So you want to be healthy? That’s a promise in the Word.”

Amen.

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
My question to Pat is :

Why is it that people like me who have not tithed for years are in very good health ?
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by ckkris: 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
tithing is BENEFICIAL in too many ways.

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
ckkris: tithing is BENEFICIAL in too many ways.

I have a smashing job in a senior position, a wonderful family , good health etc.

Now I have not tithed for over 5 years and yet it does not seem to have any impact on me or family.

Explain this strange phenomenon ?
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by PastorKun(m): 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2013

It's obviously beneficial to the collectors.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by fredx4(m): 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
Is he trying to say that people that tithe properly don't have financial and health problems?
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by chiketee(m): 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
The man is a dinosaur. Thought they had all gone extinct undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by Candour(m): 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
And to think that his very good friend by name Paul Crouch of TBN passed away recently @79 after some years of battling a heart condition and living with a pacemaker inserted in his heart.

Even Oral Roberts had his own heart issues which he battled till he died. He too had a pace maker inserted to help his weak heart.

Kathryn Khulman also died after surgery to correct a heart condition.

Was it that they too didn't tithe properly? or the health devourer got the wrong addresses?

They know they're lying to poor folks but their consciences are so dead that he'll prefer to get hold of all a pensioner has than the woman pay her expenses very much like Pharisees who devour widow's houses

heartless they are , really

5 Likes

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by ckkris: 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
Pastor Kun:

It's obviously beneficial to the collectors.
And the Tither
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by ckkris: 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
fredx4: Is he trying to say that people that tithe properly don't have financial and health problems?
Let them speak for themselves
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by ckkris: 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
frosbel:

I have a smashing job in a senior position, a wonderful family , good health etc.

Now I have not tithed for over 5 years and yet it does not seem to have any impact on me or family.

Explain this strange phenomenon ?
I'm VERY glad, its sweet info. But I thank God for it.
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by fredx4(m): 1:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
ckkris: Let them speak for themselves
You can't create exceptions, for the principle to be true then everybody that does not tithe must have health problems and everybody that tithes must never fall sick.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by Candour(m): 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
ckkris: Let them speak for themselves

My bro, don't confuse the issue.

The man told the woman that if she tithed properly, her husband will not be sick.

So how will he explain his friends and colleagues who collect tithes but succumbed to their health problems?

2 Likes

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by PastorKun(m): 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
ckkris: And the Tither

Yet to meet a single person that benefits from being a tither

2 Likes

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
ckkris: I'm VERY glad, its sweet info. But I thank God for it.

indeed.

Can you also explain to me why a lot of unbelievers I work with have no health issues and are earning fantastic salaries, yet they do not tithe.
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by fredx4(m): 2:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
chiketee: The man is a dinosaur. Thought they had all gone extinct undecided
That's extreme he's a man of God you know.
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by fredx4(m): 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
Candour: And to think that his very good friend by name Paul Crouch of TBN passed away recently @79 after some years of battling a heart condition and living with a pacemaker inserted in his heart.

Even Oral Roberts had his own heart issues which he battled till he died. He too had a pace maker inserted to help his weak heart.

Kathryn Khulman also died after surgery to correct a heart condition.

Was it that they too didn't tithe properly? or the health devourer got the wrong addresses?

They know they're lying to poor folks but their consciences are so dead that he'll prefer to get hold of all a pensioner has than the woman pay her expenses very much like Pharisees who devour widow's houses

heartless they are , really
Only God know all things, buh why would someone like kathryn khulman die of sickness after all the people God had used her to heal
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by Candour(m): 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
fredx4:
Only God know all things, buh why would someone like kathryn khulman die of sickness after all the people God had used her to heal

That is why we Christians must always remember that God is always God and can decide things that go against what we think atimes. The gospel being preached in a lot of churches today place God at the mercy of man's faith. They make it look like God's will is subject to our desires and as long as we want something, God is obligated to perform.

That is glorification of man and clear self idolatory and its a cardinal belief of the New Age or New Thought movement which most pastors of today preach though plenty of them and their members don't realize it yet.

Faith is described as a force with which you attract whatever you want(God's will is irrelevant) which makes it no different than guided visualisation

1 Like

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
Candour:

That is glorification of man and clear self idolatory and its a cardinal belief of the New Age or New Thought movement which most pastors of today preach though plenty of them and their members don't realize it yet.
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by ckkris: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
fredx4:
You can't create exceptions, for the principle to be true then everybody that does not tithe must have health problems and everybody that tithes must never fall sick.
Not so. Speak for your juju. Only the children of The Most High can speak for Him. Besides, my God makes rain to water the just and the unjust.
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by fredx4(m): 5:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
ckkris: Not so. Speak for your juju. Only the children of The Most High can speak for Him. Besides, my God makes rain to water the just and the unjust.
Lol so because am saying the truth am now an idol worshipper. Anyway you're free to believe whatever you want to believe.
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by ckkris: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
fredx4:
Lol so because am saying the truth am now an idol worshipper. Anyway you're free to believe whatever you want to believe.
I am a Christian because Jesus is my Lord and my God. Now kindly tell what your own belief is.
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by nora544: 8:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
In their book Health, Wealth and Happiness, theologians David Jones and Russell Woodbridge characterize the doctrine as poor theology.[61] They suggest that righteousness cannot be earned and that the Bible does not promise an easy life.[62] They argue that it is inconsistent with the gospel of Jesus and propose that the central message of the gospel should be Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.[62] Jones and Woodbridge see Jesus' importance as vital, criticizing the prosperity gospel for marginalizing him in favor of a focus on human need.[63] In another article, Jones criticizes the prosperity theology interpretation of the Abrahamic covenant, God's promise to bless Abraham's descendants, arguing that this blessing is spiritual and should already apply to all Christians. He also argues that the proponents of the doctrine misconstrue the atonement, criticizing their teaching that Jesus' death took away poverty as well as sin. He believes that this teaching is drawn from a misunderstanding of Jesus' life and criticizes John Avanzini's teaching that Jesus was wealthy as a misrepresentation,[64] noting that Paul often taught Christians to give up their material possessions. Although he accepts giving as "praiseworthy",[64] he questions the motives of prosperity theology and criticizes the "Law of Compensation",[64] which teaches that when Christians give generously, God will give back more in return. Rather, Jones cites Jesus' teaching to "give, hoping for nothing in return."[64] Jones and Woodbridge also note that Jesus instructed followers to focus on spiritual rewards, citing his command in Matthew 6:19–20 "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth ... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven" (KJV).[65] Jones criticizes the doctrine's view of faith: he does not believe that it should be used as a spiritual force for material gain but seen as selfless acceptance of God.[64]
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by IDINRETE: 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
Pat Robertson is a senile old fool, an id_t, a demented as....hole
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by made2fit(f): 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2013

really! Tell me about it cos I tithted for over a decade and nothing spectacular happened.

5 Likes

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by IDINRETE: 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
This is one of the reasons I detest these men of dogs...they are heartless and lack compassion

2 Likes

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by yommyuk: 9:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
frosbel: On the 700 Club today, Pat Robertson was asked by an elderly woman with health issues if it would be ‘wrong to use [tithe] money toward medical expenses instead.

The woman who had been tithing since childhood was told by Robertson that she wouldn’t have health issues, and therefore medical expenses, if she tithed properly.

Right Wing Watch reports, “The viewer said that she and her husband are “retired and living on a small pension and Social Security income” and “barely have any money” because of her husband’s medical expenses.”

She asked Robertson if it would be “wrong to use [tithe] money towards medical expenses instead?”

Quoting Malachi, Robertson responded, “Your husband has all these medical problems because the ‘devourer’ has not been rebuked. You need to rebuke him. You give your tithes faithfully and God said, ‘I will rebuke the devourer,’ the person that is eating up your money and eating up your health. So you want to be healthy? That’s a promise in the Word.”

Amen.

Tithing is only acceptable to God as a sacrificial offering which God then decides on how to bless you with the appropriate return as he wishes. This blessing can come in any shape or form. But today's so called [b]men of god [/b]focus on worldly returns which is misleading and wrong.

Believers, watch what you listen to and read the bible for yourself.
Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
yommyuk:

Tithing is only acceptable to God as a sacrificial offering which God then decides on how to bless you with the appropriate return as he wishes. This blessing can come in any shape or form. But today's so called [b]men of god [/b]focus on worldly returns which is misleading and wrong.

Believers, watch what you listen to and read the bible for yourself.

You keep on saying 'TO GOD ' , does God use Money in heaven ?

No, God says GIVE to his People, i.e your brothers ( like me grin ) and sisters etc.

wink

3 Likes

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by Goshen360(m): 10:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
frosbel: My question to Pat is :

Why is it that people like me who have not tithed for years are in very good health ?

My own kweshun is, why is that me that teach against tithe and STOPPED tithing in the past 2-3 years is more blessed, with good health, good job with paid vacation, paid medical and life insurance, paid immediate relative health insurance and overtime pay, blessed with two cars, etc. Why had devourer not devoured me ever since? I don't tithe but I am a giver!!! All my inheritance and heritage is IN Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
Goshen360:

My own kweshun is, why is that me that teach against tithe and STOPPED tithing in the past 2-3 years is more blessed, with good health, good job with paid vacation, paid medical and life insurance, paid immediate relative health insurance and overtime pay, blessed with two cars, etc. Why had devourer not devoured me ever since? I don't tithe but I am a giver!!! All my inheritance and heritage is IN Christ.

Brother congrats !

This is evidence that the tithe actually brings a curse, it does not drive a curse away. Most people who tithe are broke.

Let me tell you something, when somebody puts themselves under the tithe, i.e the LAW, they could potentially come back under a curse.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems by Goshen360(m): 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
^ I'm a living witness that God's blessing doesn't come by tithing IF ONLY THESE FALSE TITHE TEACHERS KNOW WHAT CHRIST HAD DONE FOR US in the finished works, they will not want to take us back under a curse like they did to the Galatians. Also, they do not understand the faithfulness of God BECAUSE OF WHAT CHRIST DID...that even when you don't tithe, God is still gonna bless ANY MAN that is hardworking, prays and is a giver. They do not understand the new covenant enacted by Christ's blood IS NOT A CONTINUATION TO THE OLD and not a conditional covenant. We can sound the faithfulness of God and his bless that had come to us WITHOUT TITHING (WORKS) less any man should boast.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Last Chance For Atheist To Accept Jesus Or Else / End-time Churches - Pastor Make Members Masturbate In Church Service / Funny Tombstones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.