Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement (37409 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by POPEII: 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
Maximus85:

I laugh at you. This muslim guy quoted like 6 Bible verses to back up his point that Jesus is not God and you lamely quoted just one verse which you yourself didn't even understand.

So all the times Jesus was praying, he was praying to himself abi? So God came to sacrifice himself for us abi? And when Jesus returned to heaven, he was sitting in his own right hand side abi?

I pity you.

*yawns*
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by ehixking(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
THANK GOD WE NEVER VOTED HIM AS PRESIDENT OKOTIE WOULD HAVE TURNED NIGERIA UPSIDE DOWN LIKE HE IS DOING TO RELIGION
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by idedan(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
tunshe:

I need explanation pls!

So much confusion in Christianity.

Jesus is god shocked shocked shocked

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 12:29 did Jesus say, "Here, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." The words "our God" indicate that Jesus had a higher God over him, a stronger God than him. Jesus didn't say "Your God". He said "our God" which includes Jesus as the creation of GOD

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 20:17 did Jesus say, "I ascend to my God and your God? This tells us that we and Jesus have a common GOD.

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 14:28 did Jesus say, "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 26:39 did Jesus fall on his face and prayed to his GOD?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:32 did Jesus tell his followers that they have never seen GOD at anytime nor ever heard his voice?

Christians study your bible and discover the truth.

If you still prefer Christianity afterwards because of singing and dancing,liberty to dress anyhow,eat anything and drink alcohol,it's your choice but if you desire salvation to make heaven,please choose Islam.

. Pls try to read the bible and not just selected verses, then u will not need to ask these questions cos the answers will be obvious. Pls try read with an open mind and drop all Islamic sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by rumours: 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
Rather than continue in the ways of the Roman Catholic, Let us model of own Nigerian Catholic. I strongly believe there are lots of things we need to drop that comes from Rome.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by dlox147(m): 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
Maximus85:

It baffles me to know how shallow minded these so-called pastors and reverends are.

So when Jesus talked about eating his flesh and drinking his blood, he was asking all christians to eat and drink anytime they like? After his death, how many christians ate and drink Jesus' flesh and blood?

In spiritual sense eating and drinking means appreciating. And in this case eating and drinking Jesus' flesh and blood means appreciating him for laying down his life thereby giving us all hope of salvation.

So merely eating and drinking will give the Catholics life abi? I hear ooooo.
Just like when they talk about been born again. Been born again guarantees you nothing. You have to live your life according to God's standard.

Enough said
my friend are you a Christian? if so, i'm sure you no the story of the last supper?!
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by slymansun: 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
ideally, christianity is suppose 2 follow the standard laid by the early christians as written in the book of acts and the epistles. The basis of mary being a ''divine'' entity and ''praying 4 sinners'' cannot objectively and critically be established from the Bible. Mary was a mortal being; she died and there was no record of her ressurrecting and becoming divine. Thus telling mary to pray is tantamount to ancestral worship. If mary is the mother of God, who created Mary? And who is the father of God?

4 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by DonnaJocasta(f): 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
Vry precise! God bless Ƨ̷̜ђƸ̵ writer

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by POPEII: 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
slyman-sun:
ideally, christianity is suppose 2 follow the standard laid by the early christians as written in the book of acts and the epistles. The basis of mary being a ''divine'' entity and ''praying 4 sinners'' cannot objectively and critically be established from the Bible. Mary was a mortal being; she died and there was no record of her ressurrecting and becoming divine. Thus telling mary to pray is tantamount to ancestral worship. If mary is the mother of God, who created Mary? And who is the father of God?
there was a record of her dying right? Smh4u , Mary didn't. Die she is alive and ascended in the heaven. Mary is the queen of heaven, what's wrong with you and this blasphemous post?
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Afrok(m): 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
Well making heaven is a personal race. no need to condemn, criticize, kill, fight or lead others astray bcoz dey're running d same race U ar running. Only God will choose or knows those dt'll cross d finishing line, Christianity is not a game.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Muhammedbello: 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
pot calling cattle black. non of u will smile haven throuhg chritianity therefor islam is the only way out
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by ocelot2006(m): 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
Djangocode: [b]
I aint On Chris Okotie's side buh Finally, there are elements of truth in what he said apart from em going to hell..

Normally, Catholics don't refer to the bible that much during service, The Name Jesus is mentioned fewer than Mary's in any of their sermons..

Have u read about the Spanish Inquisition, These were years when catholics(the pope) ordered people to be extremely tortured and burnt and killed.. It was a Gory sight then.. Just because u don't believe in the Pope's Teachings.. They say Islam is a religion of War, That they kill or force people to Convert.. Just Read about the Spanish inquisition and see how deadly the christians(catholics) were then..

Pastor Chris Okotie Himself is not a real man of God.. A man who divorces his wife @ will is nothing buh a Son of a Bi*ch.. He's intelligent, Buh he still sins like a Layman..

Besides, why do christians threaten each other with hell?? U need to see how christians Condemn to hell their own fellow christians from other denominations let alone people from other sects like The Muslims, Hinduists, Buddhists, Rastafarians..

[/b]

Is this some sort of joke or what? Have u EVER attended our masses? Where do we take our readings and draw or sermons from? Eckanckar?

If you dont have a damn clue about the catholic denomination and faith, SHUT UP AND LEARN rather than embarass yourself here. Nonesense.

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Moxie4lyf(m): 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
Seriously, its not funny......denomination against denomination, different doctrines, different concepts....criticising one another and condemning each other to hell....
Am a young man growing up;I've observed The life of Jesus...
I like the Jesus i read about; His life was flawless and Lovely..I like that Jesus; Hìs Christians are so unlike Him.
Jesus prayed for His disciples that they may be One just as He and His father are one..Check Christianìty today, despite the life of ìts author; it is one of the Most divided religion in the world...So much contradictions with each basing his/her interpretation from the one book-The Bible...
The Bible says God is not the author of confusion as in all the churches thereof; so why the confusion....?
Seriously, am tired of this whole thing...The Church is to be the light, but here ìt is; Divided and Confused...
It's annoying....
If the Church threatens each other with hell, and Religion spews out hate against each other; what about me that doesnt have a Religion?...I wonder what would be my sentence from them...
As it stands. . .I dont wanna have anything to do with Religion..Not in this life, not even in d Next

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by chocopearl(f): 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
That response abt the Blessed Mother Mary made my day.
God bless u Padre.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by juanmiguel: 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
slyman-sun:
God the father, God the son, God the holy ghost come down. When the catholics say Mary is the mother of God, they mean God the son nt God the father. And God the son is Jesus Christ!!!!! Sooooo Mary is the mother of God the son who is Jesus Christ.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by slymansun: 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
POPE II: because Jesus/God himself created the catholic church and it is the first/oldest church, they wrote-compiled the bible, they gave you Christmas, Easter, they saved you from muslims invasions etc . wink smiley
the church God created can be seen in the book of acts and that was the 1st church. Study that book objectively and tell me d similarity btw dat church and the catholic church. The catholic church is a subversive version of xtianity created by the romans blended with their idolic beliefs in their numerous gods
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by klax(m): 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
With due respect Rev. Omolade you dont need to waste your time answering this anufia called Okotie he is a lone drown man at the middle of Ocean surely he would be drown away. I'm not a Catholic but for a "first class adulterer" like Okotie to be saying a particular church are candidate of hell makes him the most silly man I ever known and to be serious if the whole Catholic go to hell that means Okotie himself will go to anywhere worst than "HELL" if their is any place like that.

Honestly to my own knowledge of Okotie if Chris Okotie make heaven that means people like Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam, Pol Pot, Lennin, Mobutu, Ghaddafi must surely be in heaven because Chris is no better than all these human demons I said this two days ago and I repeat it again and this is the fact. I know Chris very well and I know what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by SalC: 5:35pm On Dec 05, 2013
slyman-sun:
the church God created can be seen in the book of acts and that was the 1st church. Study that book objectively and tell me d similarity btw dat church and the catholic church. The catholic church is a subversive version of xtianity created by the romans blended with their idolic beliefs in their numerous gods
So where is the church GOD created today?

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by myOGAonTOP: 5:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
sharply5:

There's nothing objective about this submission...like the Bereans what i expect people to do when they heard this submission from Pastor Okotie is to go and see for themselves from scripture just like the Bereans did to see if what he said is true.''believe it or not what he submitted is very factual and true and the catholic leaders themselves know it.the only problem i had with Pastor Okotie is the generalisation ''all catholics''.....No i disagree,as God still has some of his children in the catholic system and those following some of their teachings,that is why through inspiration in scripture they are being warned to ''come out of her''..(Rev 18:1-5).
sir, am not catholic BUT i got an insight into what they really believe and adhere to INSTEAD OF WHAT WE VE BEEN MADE TO BELIEVE. Thats what i meant by it being 'objective and educative'.

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by onome: 5:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
no mata wat any body say abt catholics m proud 2 b a catholic

4 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Mrwest: 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
We all got 1 life 2 liv,if u r lucky u make heaven.as 4 me nobody cs ma hrt only God does.weda dark or red o ,ma unborn children nd grnd grnd grnd children wil live nd die as catholic l
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by fidrach(m): 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Precise and accurate answer for pastor chris' controversial statement about Catholic church. But I pity his church members who he has been misleading all these while. I think the history about catholic church is quite clear and nothing is hidden about it. Research and get to know the truth for the Bible (word of God = God) says my people suffer because of ignorance (lack of knowledge). I thank the Catholic priest for his good answer because the Bible quotations he gave has opened my eyes the more and widened my knowledge about Catholic Church.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Noneroone(m): 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
Sal C: Such a straight forward and clear answer from a cool headed and non controversial priest.

God bless.
Sorry but you just judged.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by ozoebuka1(m): 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
goodbobo: Let that Rev. explain to the world what the bible means in these commandment :

You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them.

Catholics have statues of Mary , Jesus , Joseph and more they bow to .

Is that commandment not very straight forward enough . Or can there be any explanation that bowing down to this images in catholic church is not a big sin
when God asked his disciples during the last supper "to do this in memory of Him" I know that most of u will see it as if he's telling his disciples to keep worshipping bread in his remembrance.... and in the wilderness when snakes were killing the Israelis I can remember vividly that same God told mosses to mould a huge snake so that anyone that got bitten by the snake can look at the molded snake and be saved...am sure that most of us would still see it that the Israelis did worship idol during that time but that isn't true...... that u look up to heaven when praying doesn't mean that u worship the clouds... it only makes u to be more concentrated.... man gets distracted easily but by looking at something makes us more focused.... if u guys say that Catholics worship images it would be the same thing for pagan to say that Christians worship the holy Bible or that Muslims worship Qu'ran
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by fijiano202(m): 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
Am sorry catholic priest Mary is not the God i serve mother.Even Jesus said me and my father are one that doesnt mean hes God hes just telling u hes the direct link,i dont know if the bible catholics use has the Lords Pray which clearly state ''Our Father thou at in Heaven'' is he talking to my father? NO,Is he talking abt himself?No.John 3:16 for God so love the world that he sent his only begotten Son... etc,that clearly states his son not himself ,Mary didnt give birth to God.Secondly anybody that eats out of the body of christ is saved,its not compulsory u eat it every day.Thirdly Worshipping Mary is like worshipping an Idol like sango and ogun cos its Clearly stated in my own and the same General Bible that NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME,thats means Jesus is the link/middleman between Human and God.Forthly Jesus and The 12 diciples/apostle didnt have a church or name any church the mother Church.To all my catholics brothers and sisters am sorry for bursting ur Speakers,The Truth must be Told
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Tinyemeka(m): 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Jeel: What the priest wrote here is just to garner sentiments let him speak objectively and puncture the points Pst Chris raised
You didn't entirely read the response by the Rev Fr. Be honest.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by SalC: 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Noneroone: Sorry but you just judged.
How?
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Harmvirus(f): 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
Muhammed bello: pot calling cattle black. non of u will smile haven throuhg chritianity therefor islam is the only way out
What's this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by woky: 6:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
Noneroone: Sorry but you just judged.
Define Judge
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Tinyemeka(m): 6:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
POPE II:

"Were" that's the keyword,biko go to bed ,if it wasn't for them,those braves Catholic warriors you would shake your azz in the air in the name of praying like Muslims do, so stop being ungrateful
Learn how to restrain yourself.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by woky: 6:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
Muhammed bello: pot calling cattle black. non of u will smile haven throuhg chritianity therefor islam is the only way out
Islam

If God does not distroy Islam he owe Sodom and Gomorrah an Apology
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by fijiano202(m): 6:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
leave that mumu aboki alone,why would i ''smile haven'' when theres a better place called heaven
Harmvirus:
What's this one saying?
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Treepledot(m): 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
Adeoba10: Na debate i want jare, make jehovah witnex b d timekeeper.
I support

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"RCCG Stands By You" - Pastor Adeboye Backs Israel / Woman And Her Drugs At Apostle Johnson Suleman's Church For Deliverance (Photos) / Do You Used To See Repeating Numbers Such As: 11:11, 09:09, 08:08, 07:07, 03:03?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.