Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,284 members, 7,867,756 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus (557 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free . . . — Galatians 5:1

A spiritually-minded person will never come to you with the demand—”Believe this and that”; a spiritually-minded person will demand that you align your life with the standards of Jesus. We are not asked to believe the Bible, but to believe the One whom the Bible reveals (see John 5:39-40). We are called to present liberty for the conscience of others, not to bring them liberty for their thoughts and opinions. And if we ourselves are free with the liberty of Christ, others will be brought into that same liberty— the liberty that comes from realizing the absolute control and authority of Jesus Christ.

Always measure your life solely by the standards of Jesus. Submit yourself to His yoke, and His alone; and always be careful never to place a yoke on others that is not of Jesus Christ. It takes God a long time to get us to stop thinking that unless everyone sees things exactly as we do, they must be wrong. That is never God’s view. There is only one true liberty— the liberty of Jesus at work in our conscience enabling us to do what is right.

Don’t get impatient with others. Remember how God dealt with you— with patience and with gentleness. But never water down the truth of God. Let it have its way and never apologize for it. Jesus said, “Go . . . and make disciples. . .” (Matthew 28:19), not, “Make converts to your own thoughts and opinions.”

http://utmost.org/liberty-and-the-standards-of-jesus/
Re: Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus by woky: 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
why people no dy patronise ur thread again

Am sori for being the 1st to commentgrin
Re: Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
woky: why people no dy patronise ur thread again

Am sori for being the 1st to commentgrin

angry embarassed undecided cheesy grin

Because they love the Tithe, the 3 god Trinity, one zillion years of flesh roasting in 'hell' etc grin
Re: Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus by woky: 9:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
frosbel:

angry embarassed undecided cheesy grin

Because they love the Tithe, the 3 god Trinity, one zillion years of flesh roasting in 'hell' etc grin
am sorry to say this: you ar a failure
Re: Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 03, 2013
woky: am sorry to say this: you ar a failure

You say so, but I am so successful in my life - thank God for his mercies and love.

cool
Re: Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus by woky: 7:39am On Dec 04, 2013
frosbel:

You say so, but I am so successful in my life - thank God for his mercies and love.

cool
Anyway, to judge between good or bad, between successful and unsuccessful would take the eye of a God. Perhaps the less we have the more we are required to brag

Smells sh.it wen one is bragging grin
Re: Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus by SalC: 8:45am On Dec 04, 2013
No. Methinks the reason is because most of his threads these days are no longer catholic bashing thread. Most of them are now against the protestants and since catholics are not interested in bashing protestant, the threads easily go cold.

I may not agree with Frosbel's views most times but there is something about his threads that I cherish.

My personal opinion sha.
Re: Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus by woky: 9:54am On Dec 04, 2013
Sal C: No. Methinks the reason is because most of his threads these days are no longer catholic bashing thread. Most of them are now against the protestants and since catholics are not interested in bashing protestant, the threads easily go cold.

I may not agree with Frosbel's views most times but there is something about his threads that I cherish.

My personal opinion sha.
hmmmm
Re: Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus by SalC: 10:01am On Dec 04, 2013
woky: hmmmm
Oga where have you been? We‘ve not been seeing you at home.
Re: Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus by woky: 10:10am On Dec 04, 2013
Sal C:
Oga where have you been? We‘ve not been seeing you at home.
am always there.. Dnt mind my silence
Re: Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus by SalC: 10:18am On Dec 04, 2013
woky: am always there.. Dnt mind my silence
Abeg go say something there.
Re: Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus by woky: 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
Sal C:
Abeg go say something there.
i wil
Re: Liberty And The Standards Of Jesus by Boomark(m): 2:23am On Dec 24, 2013

SMH!!! for woky. He that has chosen to remain in lies, has the guts to say this. O di egwu. SMH!!!

(1) (Reply)

Christians Don't Need Deliverance / Do Not Believe The Pope Francis HOAX! He Never Said Anything Like That. / 10 Facts About Atheism And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.