Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Love and Diamonds - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love and Diamonds (49279 Views)

To Love And Leave. (story Series) / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love and Diamonds by tijehi(f): 11:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
Best story ever. Thanks Trixy baby. Patiently waiting

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by zyzxx(m): 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
intresting.. folowing
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2013
mariyaizah: i can so beat naeto now..lol,nice update dear
He is just a kid. Thank you dear.
princesa: Me am very much around oh. Weldone trixandriasmiley
I see you Princesa. Thank you dearie
Re: Love and Diamonds by Cheriepet: 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
trixy sweet, nice story. hope nothing bad happens to nene n ray.

i so much luv naeto. he is so expressive n reminds me of my lil niece n nephew.

have a merry christmas
Re: Love and Diamonds by amijid2012(m): 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
Am still looking for that word to describe ur story., seems its hard 2 get.., buh seriously your story is cool., I read it wif my eye-image., seeing it real as I read it.., plss keep up the good work.., u're rili a bunch of talent that's yet to be unfold.,
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
tijehi: Best story ever. Thanks Trixy baby. Patiently waiting
Lol, I am the one to thank you for all the support and encouragement.
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
zyzxx: intresting.. folowing
Thank you
Re: Love and Diamonds by benedictilemona(m): 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
i wil strt cryin oo,stil waitin patiently 4 d nxt update.......u ar gifted trixy

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
Cheriepet: trixy sweet, nice story. hope nothing bad happens to nene n ray.

i so much luv naeto. he is so expressive n reminds me of my lil niece n nephew.

have a merry christmas
Happy Christmas. Yes, you are right, children are so expressive, so innocent and if you really want to know the truth about something, just ask a child.
Re: Love and Diamonds by Khemyte(f): 9:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
Trixandra, y nw? U promised 2 update diz evenin nau. Abeg hurry nd dnt kip us waitin
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:25am On Dec 25, 2013
CHAPTER SIX

In an uncompleted building located somewhere in Kuje were three haggard looking young men dressed in faded jeans trousers and torn t-shirts. They sat smoking weed and drinking alcohol in complete abandon. They were known for the numerous thefts and robbery on the Abuja-Lokoja expressway and even robbery in houses and banks. During the election times, they were even hired as political thugs who steal and destroy ballot boxes and election materials but they have never been caught due to the presence of their political god-fathers.
Dr Biola was seen approaching the uncompleted building. She had been informed by her friend, Tinuke that any type of dirty work she needs done can be effortlessly done by these young men. As she got closer to this uncompleted building located in an isolated area, she got a bit scared but she kept on moving forward because what must be done needs to be done. That little tramp cannot be her superior. With her mission in mind she advanced till she got to the building.
‘Hello!’ She called out but got no response.
‘Hello!’
‘Na who be that now? One of the young men whose name was Sector came out of the building smoking weed. He took a good look at Biola assessing her appearance. ‘this one looks like a good customer’ he thought. ‘Eeh madam, na who you dey find?’ he asked.
‘Please I am looking for a guy called ‘Tarzan’. I heard he stays here and I need him to do a job for me.’
‘Oya wait here make I inform am.’ When he had gone, Biola took her time to survey her surroundings properly. There was no sign of any living creature. It was so eerie. Not long after the same guy came out and ushered her in. The young man entered and Biola followed suit. They passed through what looked like an hallway then turned left and after three rooms they turned right and then entered a big room where they met two other men sitting down drinking and smoking. The room was quite furnished for an hideout with four plastic chairs, a bench and a table where packs of marijuana, cigarette and alcohol were deposited.
‘So madam, what can we do for you?’ the one called ‘Tarzan asked in perfect English.
‘Yes, my name is Biola and I need you to do a job for me, very clean job.’
‘You no get problem madam.’ Switching to pidgin. ‘But I hope say your informant yarn you say we dey charge fifty grand no matter the type of job.’ He poured some alcohol into a filthy glass cup there on the table and offered it to Biola. ‘No vex madam, na only this type we fit offer.’
Biola darted her eyes from Tarzan to the glass and back to Tarzan. She drinks alcohol but she couldn’t imagine herself drinking that. ‘Quite disgusting’ she thought. Adjusting herself on the bench she was sitting, she replied ‘No thank you, can we go straight to business?’ She wanted to leave the place as soon as possible.
‘Okay.’
Biola gave them the assignment along with some pictures. They discussed the total payment, the instruments needed for the operation and the time.
‘I need this job done within the next two weeks and please do not disappoint me.’ Biola said opening her Prada designers’ handbag. She counted some thousand Naira notes totalling fifty thousand Naira and handed over to Drew, the third man who counted the money and confirmed it was complete.
‘We have done so many jobs and we have not failed or been caught. Be rest assured we fit handle am. Na small matter now madam.’
‘I guess we are done here.’ She said as she stood up adjusting her dress. Tarzan brought forth his hand for an handshake. Biola looked at the outstretched hand, ignoring him and wearing her sunglasses, she looked at the three men and smiled, ‘Good day gentlemen’ she said and quietly exited the building.

5 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:18am On Dec 25, 2013
My people make una no vex. I am sorry for not updating yesterday. Things went out of hand yesterday but it has been resolved. The continuation comes up this evening. Merry Christmas my people.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:44am On Dec 25, 2013
amijid2012: Am still looking for that word to describe ur story., seems its hard 2 get.., buh seriously your story is cool., I read it wif my eye-image., seeing it real as I read it.., plss keep up the good work.., u're rili a bunch of talent that's yet to be unfold.,
Thank you dearie.
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:50am On Dec 25, 2013
benedictilemona: i wil strt cryin oo,stil waitin patiently 4 d nxt update.......u ar gifted trixy
don't cry o. I have updated my dear
Re: Love and Diamonds by zyzxx(m): 9:47am On Dec 25, 2013
u are a gud writer,, wish u merry christmas

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Xmas pls I will be expecting updates today o,I hope you won't dull me. Take kie dearie

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Yemlizzy(f): 10:22am On Dec 25, 2013
trixandra: My people make una no vex. I am sorry for not updating yesterday. Things went out of hand yesterday but it has been resolved. The continuation comes up this evening. Merry Christmas my people.
cheesy
Re: Love and Diamonds by Yemlizzy(f): 10:23am On Dec 25, 2013
trixandra: My people make una no vex. I am sorry for not updating yesterday. Things went out of hand yesterday but it has been resolved. The continuation comes up this evening. Merry Christmas my people.
Wish you same dearie cheesy
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 12:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
zyzxx: u are a gud writer,, wish u merry christmas
The same to you o
Re: Love and Diamonds by Nogen: 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
You are very good. Keep at it.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Cheriepet: 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
Trixy, Merry Christmas to u too n tanks for d update

take care dearie
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2013
CONTINUATION.
KAINENE’S POV

I woke up this morning to the sound of my phone’s incoming alert tone. I picked the phone from the bedside table and clicked on the message button. It was a message from Ray.
‘Morning love, how was your night. I hope you dreamt of Shrek?
Well if you didn’t ... I don’t know what to write anymore.
Have a nice day dear. Don’t forget our date tonight. I love you xoxo.’
I smiled and sent a reply. I stretched my body and stood up from the bed and went about my usual morning routine. One hour and thirty-five minutes later, I was ready and dressed for work. I didn’t bother waking the girls up because it was a Saturday morning and they don’t usually work weekends. I was feeling so light headed to have a breakfast. I made my way to the front door and left for the hospital.
I entered the hospital to resume work when I noticed that I had gotten quite a lot of stares that morning starting from the gatemen to the nurses and even some of my colleagues . i walked up to the reception and greeted Kiki.
‘Good morning Kiki, how are you?’
‘Fine Doc.’
‘Did you check the charts today?’
‘Yes I did doc, you have just one surgery by 12:30pm.’ She replied quietly pretending to be looking down at the book in front of her. ‘What could be wrong this morning? Why is everyone looking at me like I have got horns on my head? Hmm’ I sighed. ‘Thank you Kiki.’ I said and walked towards my cubicle.
One hour later, I was done with the paperwork on my table, I grabbed my coat and left my cubicle moving towards the children’s ward for the morning ward rounds. I could feel the eyes of the nurses and people staring at me as I made my way into the ward. I went from bed to bed meeting the children. I talked and played with them asking them some questions. We were about rounding up when I noticed someone was missing, Fatai, a little boy of two years suffering from hernia. I turned to the nurse and asked, where is Fatai?’
‘He died this morning doctor.’
‘No! No! Its not possible. He was fine yesterday after the surgery.’ I said in shock. I was going to sign his discharge papers this morning.
‘Yes doctor, he was fine yesterday. From what was reported, I gathered that the nurse on night duty found him shaking so violently on his bed. All her efforts to calm him down was futile until she managed to take is blood sample to the lab and the result showed that he was injected with an overdose of morphine. He died some hours later. I think it was around 4:24 a.m.
‘But I didn’t even prescribe that. I know I specifically told the nurse not to administer any drug to him unless according to my prescription.’
‘Nobody knows how the drug found its way into the boy’s body system. The nurse on night duty said she had given the children their medication by 8:00p.m. Also, the boy’s family had come to the hospital and threatened to sue the hospital on grounds of incompetence and negligence.’

‘Oh no! That’s not possible. I have to see chief and talk to him about this.’ As I turned to finish up the round and proceed to chief’s office, there was another child shaking and convulsing violently on the bed. We tried to calm him down but to no avail. After some minutes of struggling, the little boy went limp in my arms and breathed his last he had died in my arms. Time of death: 9:47 a.m.
I felt cold shivers run through my body. I wanted the ground to just open up and swallow me. I knew I had to be strong enough to be in this profession but it was so hard. I was supposed to help save lives and here I am losing two patients in six hours. I gave the nurse some instructions and dragged myself to my cubicle. There, in the privacy of my cubicle, I pulled off my coat and shoes, sat on the chair, lowering my face on the table I cried. I cried for the two children who were once the apple of their parents’ eyes. Children who would have grown up to be either a lawyer like Festus Keyamo or a computer guru like Seun Osewa. I cried for the parents of these children. I cried for myself and my parents. I cried and cried. When the tears stopped coming, I took the Kleenex from my bag and wiped my face. I looked at my wristwatch and it was almost time for the surgery. I straightened my clothes and went to the OR to get ready. When I left the OR some hours later, my phone beeped. It was a message from chief asking me to report to his office immediately I was done in the OR.

2 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by tijehi(f): 7:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ghen ghen, evil somebody wants to wreck ma girl's reputation. Dem lie o. It will backfire on dem.

2 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by amijid2012(m): 7:50pm On Dec 25, 2013
Arggggh shocked , Biola juju no go work.., na nw d action strt *sips sum mango juice*..,

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
Nogen: You are very good. Keep at it.
Thank you.
Re: Love and Diamonds by Nogen: 9:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
Wooo! Suspense!

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by uchebest2006(m): 9:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
9z update.....u even mention "Seun Osewa" the owner of nairaland in ya story.Thumbs up Nwanne mu nwanyi.An award is waiting for yasmiley

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Queenxstar(f): 9:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
Nawa o, Greed and jealousy is deadly o. Great work Trix.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:00am On Dec 26, 2013
uchebest2006: 9z update.....u even mention "Seun Osewa" the owner of nairaland in ya story.Thumbs up Nwanne mu nwanyi.An award is waiting for yasmiley
Dalu nwannem nwoke.
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:01am On Dec 26, 2013
Queen xstar: Nawa o, Greed and jealousy is deadly o. Great work Trix.
Thank you Queen
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:02am On Dec 26, 2013
Please don't forget to comment after reading
Re: Love and Diamonds by philtrum(m): 8:17am On Dec 26, 2013
bad belle,.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Onyeka Nwelue: "A Lady Asked For Sex Before She Could Give Me Loan" / Razor Tongue: A Story / VALENCRY, My Valentine Experience ( Short Story )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.