Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,656 members, 7,844,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54526 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Ukutsgp(m): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
bigblxd: @OP, Pastor Okotie is just stating the obvious. It is just like telling the sinner that he will go to hell if he doesn't repent. It is not being judgemental but saying it point blank. In my evangelical work, I have realised that it is pretty dificult to bring a Catholic to the knowledge of the truth than non-catholics. They will always argue that they are on course, but unfortunately, christianity is more than a religion!
u said it all.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Catholics like word play! What does Honouring Mary means biko? And can u type out the "hail mary" prayer and let's analyse it?
"Hail Mary Full of Grace the Lord is with You"Lk 1:28-This was Angel Gabriel's greeting to Mary during the Annunciation Of the Birth Of Our Lord Jesus Christ
"Blessed are you amongst Women and Blessed is the fruit of thy Womb Jesus" Lk 1:42-This was Elizabeth's response to Mary's greeting when Mary went to Judea to visit her
"Holy Mary Mother of God,"Pray" for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.Amen"-This is the prayer of the church..emphasis is laid on the word pray to show that we dont under any circumstance worship Mary..if we did we'd be saying "Forgive us sinners" instead
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
Kamsy10: LOOKS LIKE THE GUY IS TIRED OF ATTACKING PASTOR OYAKHILOME AND PROPHET T.B JOSHUA

So people still attend Okotie's church despite his sexcapades sorry excapades. Anyone who has a wife, sister or daughter attending that church, I don't envy u. grin

The first wife is devilish and the second one too is devilish. How come he's only attracting devils grin

Once he's bored with sleeping with a particular sex machine, he divorces her and starts hunting for another one.
Am I the only one that read the part where he's about hosting a beauty pageant in church?. I guess to chose another devil grin
The funny part is that in each case, he wld claim that God directed him to marry the lady in question. Four years later,he'll tag that one devilish. I wonder which God he's serving.
He needs to give his life to Christ urgently. I'm sure prophet T.B Joshua is strong enough to handle his deliverance

How can a so called man God say that holy communion means crucifying Christ. So he doesnt give his followers communion.waoh
Mind you most churches now give holy communion not only catholics

BEAUTY PAGEANT IN CHURCH FOR A SERIAL ADULTERER AND DIVORCEE grin
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ukuts gp: Quote me anywhere. The catholic is not a true church. We have to call a spade a spade. We can cover the truth, but the truth will certainly come out someday. The earlier they realise this d better for them.
and biko which is the true church

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Akiika: 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
Chei, naija people are so unfortunate o.
Religious slavery, then political slavery come top am!
I wonder what stops you from praying to your God in the confines of your house.
Check it out! it is this same unfaithfulness that enslaved you to these so called men of God. You believe they can make your prayer be answered faster. How about obeying God and keeping His commandments to establish relationship with Him. If you do that, you should be confident that your prayers will be answered.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
Kamsy10: LOOKS LIKE THE GUY IS TIRED OF ATTACKING PASTOR OYAKHILOME AND PROPHET T.B JOSHUA

So people still attend Okotie's church despite his sexcapades sorry excapades. Anyone who has a wife, sister or daughter attending that church, I don't envy u. grin

The first wife is devilish and the second one too is devilish. How come he's only attracting devils grin

Once he's bored with sleeping with a particular sex machine, he divorces her and starts hunting for another one.
Am I the only one that read the part where he's about hosting a beauty pageant in church?. I guess to chose another devil grin
The funny part is that in each case, he wld claim that God directed him to marry the lady in question. Four years later,he'll tag that one devilish. I wonder which God he's serving.
He needs to give his life to Christ urgently. I'm sure prophet T.B Joshua is strong enough to handle his deliverance

How can a so called man God say that holy communion means crucifying Christ. So he doesnt give his followers communion.waoh

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by thaoriginator: 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
Give ur life to Allah.. Islam, d way of life. No 2nd chance after u die. Peace to u!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2013

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by obayaya(m): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
lari03: Its not really about judging its about applying the standard of the bible to our lives and worship. Philippians 2 talks about the name of Jesus above every other name, how did we manage to get this part: ''Holy Mary, mother of god, pray for all sinners.....'' ?

The truth is always bitter.

John 14 vs 6 is all you need.

hail Mary, full of Grace. the lord is with you. blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.. are excerpt of the visit of Angel Gabriel to the blessed virgin

holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.. is us taking advantage of the grace of Mary which the Angel proclaimed by telling her to pray for us.. (Luke 1:28)

I believe you guys don't have issues when pastor fatoyimbo will wanna introduce a young lady to a higher grace..

in the same way, we plead with the most blessed virgin to use her superior Grace in interceding for us..

understood?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
FrancisTony: what's this one saying?

Wow! Am I chattin a baby who hasn't come across the Phrase? Marian Devotion/Worshipper?

well go go! do some search!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by AMAKAVIOLA: 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
Y we honour MARY?
Bcoz d angels honour her;
luke 1:28-.....

Evn d bible said so;
Luke 1:45-end

And for dumb skulls hu ll read anoda meanin in2 it entireli. I dont ve strenght 2 argue wit any Bull head!!!

I rada seal my lips in d case of a divorcee who thinkz hs wise buh doesnt knw he has a huge problm
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Franknigga(m): 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
Am still a catholic nomatter what pastor okonta say,and in case u dont know mary is our great intercesor
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2013

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2013

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
[/quote]daraj: its a pity how people argue blindly without proof,and abuse a man of God with impunity,the fact that he is human and has weakness and thus fall in certain circumstances does not give anybody the right to insult who God has called and whether you believe it or not as far as he is representing the Almighty God he has the annointing of God upon his life so you people should be very careful in your choice of words particularly when it has to do with a man of God.if you are a good bible scholar you could recall in the bible when saul was after Davids life and he (david) has the opportunity to kill saul he refused and said how can he touch the anointed of God or do him harm,not only by our hands can we do harm but also by our words,i am not an advocate of pastor okotie i just want to bring to light the dangers of our words when its directed to a man of GOD.In reference to the above topic if catholics really want to know if they are serving the true JESUS of the bible i would like to recommend that they read this book PREPARE FOR WAR by Rebecca Brown MD. [quote]

Sothat that adulterer and hell bound serial divorcee is free to insult other men of God but it becomes a sin if catholics respond to him? idiots and their hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
obayaya:

hail Mary, full of Grace. the lord is with you. blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.. are excerpt of the visit of Angel Gabriel to the blessed virgin

holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.. is us taking advantage of the grace of Mary which the Angel proclaimed by telling her to pray for us..

I believe you guys don't have issues when pastor fatoyimbo will wanna introduce a young lady to a higher grace..

in the same way, we plead with the most blessed virgin to use her superior Grace in interceding for us..

understood?

grace of Mary? Why is it that catholics dnt read the Bible nor care abt how the translation goes? The text doesn't say Mary is full of grace! It only said "she is favoured" or "favoured one" ---- with grace!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
tthis is a fine response from a catholic priest.

IN DEFENCE OF TRUTH: RESPONSE
TO PASTOR CHRIS OKOTIE

“After having repeatedly examined my conscience
before God, I have come to the certainty that my
Christianity must be separated from myths or
sentiments.
FROM WHERE I STAND,
I write to sincerely offer my candid opinion, standing
on the Teaching of the Church and imbued with
reasoned faith, as answer to the various questions that
now occupy the minds of many- Catholics and Non-
Catholics alike: Is not the Pope Christ’s greatest
rival? Why does the Catholic Church worship Mary?
What a hell is the Eucharist? And as Michael Mphiri
puts it: A Catholic? You must be crazy! While I
would want to say that many are yet to come to terms
with what the Catholic Church is and its place in
authentic Christian life, the majority of anti-Catholic
agitations border on the appropriateness of words used
in describing religious sentiments whether in the form of
belief, heaven, hell, worship or final destruction.
The pastor of the Household of God Church, Chris
Okotie purportedly standing on the Bible, released the
bullet that is yet to penetrate the hearts of many
specifically because, the human conscience seeks for
rational ground before it can settle for mere unbelief.
The Pastor said vehemently: “All Catholics in the
world will go to Hell”. How true is this? Here lies my
case against him, not so much on his personality but
very much on his seemingly convinced religious claims
which include:
1. All Catholic will go to hell because the worship
Satan and are led by an Anti-Christ Pope
2. The Catholic Church is a counterfeit church set up
by Satan
3. That Catholic bow to idols and crucify Jesus every
Sunday when they eat bread claiming they eat Jesus’
body
4. Catholics are not Christians and have never been
after all they worship Mary
No doubt, for those who have always held their sledge
hammer ever-ready to see the final end of the Catholic
Church, this was great news. But interestingly enough,
this supposed good news of the twice divorced Pastor
has since excited threatening, conscious and curious
debate about faith in a world adorned by the ugly
civilization of sentiments, idolatry of self and death of
the culture of truth - the three dangers that continue to
threaten the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ in
whichever denomination you find yourself.
BUT WILL ALL CATHOLICS GO TO
HELL?
What is Hell? And what are the criteria for going to
hell? I think this claim of the Pastor begs itself! As
well know and as purported in various Christian sects,
Hell is a place of damnation; where sorrow abounds
and a total negation of heaven- the place of total
peace! If this definition of hell is accepted by all, then
the Catholic Church is right anyway. We condemn sin
and define Hell as the destiny of the unrepentant sinful!
So how can the Catholic Church who teaches the same
universal notion of hell and rightly accepted by all (of
course including Pastor Christ and his followers) be
living a lie and threading the part of hell? We must
never forget that this argument rests strongly on the
natural law principle where for example the law of
karma is the gospel of nature, while the consequence of
faulty conscience is the law of morality. I think, we
are all in the same boat! Hell cannot be the destiny of
Catholics- a truth made crystal clear based on reason
and the law of faith.
BUT IS NOT THE POPE ANTI-CHRIST?
To be anti-Christ is to be against Christ in the totality
of one’s being whether in thought, purpose, aspirations
and general outlook of life and the world. Interestingly,
Pastor Chris Okotie based his argument on the fact
that the Pope is led by Satan and for this reason he is
against Christ! How is one led by Satan? Of course,
when such person’s entire outlook is in support of the
law of Satan-Evil! But what evil has the Pope
done? If the argument rests on his personality and sin
is looked upon as sin then all us are anti-Christ
including pastor Chris Okotie for having entertained sin
in our hearts. What does Jesus teach about divorce?
(Mt. 19:2-6) Oh what a play of God!
Again, the claim that the Pope is anti-Christ is
unfounded! This is the analogy! To be anti-Christ is
to be against Christ; to be against Christ is to be for
the devil; to be for the devil is to be for evil; to be for
evil is to be against good; and to be against good is to
be against love and to be against love is to be for evil-
for love is a total contradiction of the being of Satan
but a clear affirmation of the Being of God (IJn. 4:6)
But wait a minute! How come the Pastor did not
make reference to the many acts of love expressed by
the Pope and hailed by the world as a true expression
of the sympathy of God? Or is it the case that to
wash the feet of the imprisoned, to eat with the
destitute, to fight for the oppressed, to heal wounds with
smile, or to give warm embrace to those whose illness
defies medicines and many more is to be antichrist?
Are all these not practically demanded by the exercise
of the gospel? Truly, acclaim such holy acts as
antichrist is to be antichrist itself! And to ignore the
kingdom ideal in such acts is also to be the anti-
Christ? To prophesy political doom in the name of God
that did not eventually happen and eventually portrayed
God as a liar is also be the real authentic anti-Christ!
Now who is the anti-Christ?
BUT IS THE CATHOLIC CHURCH SETS
UP BY SATAN? ARE CATHOLICS
CHRISTIANS?
How can Satan set up the Catholic Church and yet,
still prefers to disguise himself as god? Will this not
even be a contradiction to the nature of Satan who will
openly declare himself as satan in church religion as
Illuminati, church of satan and mammon without any
fear of being ridiculed? Or if it is the Catholic Church
that is afraid to declare itself as satanic why would
that same satan who will prefer to declare his kingdom
against the true Church not still come out and declare
that forcefully that the Catholic Church belongs to him?
To all this, I will say, like other churches, the
Catholic Church is a Church with the spark of the
divine and therefore Christ founded it on Peter as the
Rock! Any doubt to this by any Christian sect is the
freedom to venture into the Scripture and see for
themselves where their own history belongs! That the
Catholic Church does not condemn against church or
sect is proof enough of the presence of Christ in it that
came to call all men to love (Jn.13:35). In this way,
hatred and antagonism belongs to the spirit of Satan.
Therefore, if there is any sect that prefers to be
offensive and destructive, that sect or church belongs to
satan and not the Catholic Church- the Church of
love!
Of course, to the other part of the question, I say,
Catholic are Christians in so far as they have within
them the mind of Christ (Phil. 2:1-5). Interestingly, the
mind of Christ is nothing other than the heart of love-
for God so love the world (Jn.3:16). Therefore, any
Christian sect with such outlook to one another is
Christian. Of course, Pastor Chris must not forget the
many acts of goodness that abound in other religions!
Where will be their destiny? Are they not Christians
in practice? And if yes, will heaven not be their goal?
What then is the attitude and goal of a Christian if not
all these?
WHY DO CATHOLICS WORSHIP MARY
OR IDOLS?
This is a question often misconstrued in construction1 I
think it should read: Do Catholics worship Mary?
Unless it is answered this way, the other mode simply
suggests that yes, Catholics worship Mary. Of course,
not! Catholics don’t worship Mary or idol. One fact
we must maintain here is this: the Catholic Church has
never presented Mary as the vehicle to heaven rather,
we teach that cult of Mary can serve as help to
support the Christian journey to heaven. This is
because Mary is presented as type of the Church.
Don’t be confused here! The scripture always make use
of similar analogy in driving home its point. E.g, the
Kingdom of heaven is like a drag net! But is heaven a
net? Of course not! I prefer to use the word ‘Help to
heaven’ and not criteria for heaven. It is on this that
Mary is not worshipped in the Church. To worship
something is to recognise in that thing the finality of all
of our quest. But in the Catholic Church, the finality
of our aspirations rest sole on Jesus the son of God. If
Jesus is our object of worship how come it is that we
also worship Mary side-by-side? Will that not
amount to contraction? How can there be two gods
existing side-by-side? Simply put, we give to Mary
in the Church the honour due to her and as rightly
conferred on her by her son, Jesus Christ! It is a
divine mandate and we must keep it- Son Behold your
mother!
What do we understand by being a mother? Each time
I read posts on internet or social network like facebook,
I always come across sentiments like ‘my mum is the
best mum in the world’; ‘there is nothing like you mum’
and many others. Can we say that these praises given
to our earthly mother who probably never visited
facebook are mere sentiments? Of course not! And this
is even irrespective of the state of our earthly mother!
I think where the problem lies is on false understanding
of the cult of Mary in the Church on the one hand and
a misrepresentation of devotion of Mary by individual
Catholic faithful. But even if this is the case, it must
and should not be used as criteria for negating Mary’s
place in our Church! Individual spirituality is
individual spirituality! And we must always demarcate
it from what the Church teaches! In fact, everyone is
guilty at one point or the other of the extremity of
personal religious sentiments! We have sometimes
exaggerated of claims, our person and our aspirations!
Very quickly, to the other part of the question, I say
Catholics do not worship idols! We must always try to
demarcate between the authentic meanings of ritual and
false presentation of Idol! Idol as a term stands in
sharp contradiction to the Christian religion
everywhere. Anyone who worships idols stands in need
of conversion! Probably maybe what the Pastor had in
mind is images in the Church.
Let us call a spade a spade! There is no religion the
world over that does not have the presence of rituals;
for ritual in its pure meaning does not mean evil. At
home don’t we wash hand before we eat? Don’t we
pray? Don’t we wave hands at friends? All these are
rituals. So you see, humanity is founded on rituals!
Hence, when the scripture gives condemnation to
images, let us read very closely, it is always given
with a particular context and always in reference to a
particular cultural milieu with the view of solving
certain identified abnormally! Again, was Adam not a
man taken out of dust? Is he not image? How come
Adam remains quiet until another image was brought
out from him-Eve? And immediately mankind for the
first time spoke! How come the law was written on a
tablet? How come Israel always looks towards the
mountain? Are these not images? How come the same
image that killed the Israelites was also the source of
their salvation? Why were they expected to look upon
the image? Why not downward? Why will Jesus,
despite being God prefers to die to on the cross, leaving
with us and for us the appropriate image for
contemplation? Whether we like it or not, we all carry
within ourselves images of the object of intense love to
us. The problem comes in with the values appropriated
with them.
And so, FROM WHERE I STAND, I think, we
must try to free ourselves from all superficiality of
purpose and reason as well as reflect on what it means
to be a true Christian rather than keep fuelling the gun
of our religious sentiments- in whichever case, the
riddle of existence is always a preamble to Religion.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1541098/nigerian-catholic-priest-response-rev

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by unongu(m): 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
captainbaroni: Okotie! Okotie!! Okotie!!! Your music pattern and style phased out, Churches were making more money and you started one. Politicians were making better money than pastors, you joined politics. What are you up to now?
Haven't you heard?! Okotie has decided to tow the line of the Murray-Bruce brothers in staging Beauty Pageantry. First of its kind to be held in his church, to enable him window shop for his next housewife 'victim'. Chris Okotie as a person can be summed up as follows:
Failed Child, Failed Catholic, Failed Lawyer, Failed Musician, Failed Man-of-God, Failed Politician, and now a Failed Christian. Hope he doesn't fail as a Beauty Pageant Organiser! He sure needs prayers.

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Phlone(m): 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
chrissy3: so honouring mary means you have to go against God's command not to make image of anything in heaven,earth and beneath the sea,you must not bow? Now mary is now 'the way the truth and the life,no one comes to the father except through her? Funny I thought that was suppose to be jesus? Listen jesus christ had to be born as human so he must be born by a human and mary was picked for reasons know to God but the name mary can easily be Martha if someone else was picked .if I ask you catholics why mary was picked you can't say and your saying honouring mary.yes you would give her respect but she has no teaching of the bible and was a vessel for the birth of christ,she is just human nothing more.

If you want to know why Mary and not Martha or some random person was picked? It's in the Bible, Luke 1:27-46. An angel of God appeared to her and first HONOURED her by addressing as "Hail Mary! O favoured One". Not everyday you get an angel appearing to man and HAILING that man. Apart from Jesus, it's only Mary that was sanctioned to be called BLESSED for all GENERATIONS. Now, to my opinion... The Catholic church obviously has issues with "man made doctrines" but, no church is free from such. Pentecostals address their leaders (GO's) as General Overseer, a title I strongly believe only GOD deserves! They also pray with phrases like "The God of Daddy, Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome..." and the list goes on, but none of this men were mentioned in the bible... It's funny how we see the faults in others when we ourselves are basking in imperfection. The same bible admonishes us against cross-breeding animals, wearing clothes made of wool and silk together, speaking in tongues when no man can interpret around yet, we seem not to have a problem with flouting such instructions... Get a grip of your self and fight for your own salvation!!! Let God be the judge, it's clearly stated in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dnawah(m): 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans: i just don't get the beef with people and Catholics. im a proud catholic and loving it, and i seriously take no offense to whatever pastor Chris says. instead i will take an offense when someone says we aint worshiping God, where did you get such an idea from. but as a peace loving Catholic i am, i would pray for your souls and ask the good God to grant you pardon and pray its not to late for you.. peace be with you... smiley
ok na but u've done the true water baptism.do u know the meaning of the Jesuit?(go and read the book"the secret terrorist"if u read ur Bible very well u'll know,who the babilon the mother of ha**lot is now.pls save urself church will not save u..
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
Phlone:

If you want to know why Mary and not Martha or some random person was picked? It's in the Bible, Luke 1:27-46. An angel of God appeared to her and first HONOURED her by addressing as "Hail Mary! O favoured One". Not everyday you get an angel appearing to man and HAILING that man. Apart from Jesus, it's only Mary that was sanctioned to be called BLESSED for all GENERATIONS. Now, to my opinion... The Catholic church obviously has issues with "man made doctrines" but, no church is free from such. Pentecostals address their leaders (GO's) as General Overseer, a title I strongly believe only GOD deserves! They also pray with phrases like "The God of Daddy, Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome..." and the list goes on, but none of this men were mentioned in the bible... It's funny how we see the faults in others when we ourselves are basking in imperfection. The same bible admonishes us against cross-breeding animals, wearing clothes made of wool and silk together, speaking in tongues when no man can interpret around yet, we seem not to have a problem with flouting such instructions... Get a grip of your self and fight for your own salvation!!! Let God be the judge, it's clearly stated in the bible.

dont mind those hypocrites,!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
I think it should be obvious by now that the obscure pastor that is Chris Okotie is seeking relevance at all costs. I mean, how else can one explain how a man failed in all aspects; law, music, marriage, politics and Christian indoctrination, suddenly comes out of wherever pit he has been hiding in to give us the hogwash of how Catholics will perish in hell? I can't even take him serious because the whole thing comes off as a big joke. The hypocritical clown is in no position to make false claims and judgments. He should expend his energy on improving his unknown church. Thousands came before him to tarnish the image of the Catholic church and they failed woefully, his own case won't be different.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

grace of Mary? Why is it that catholics dnt read the Bible nor care abt how the translation goes? The text doesn't say Mary is full of grace! It only said "she is favoured" or "favoured one" ---- with grace!
whose translation and whose version are you talking about, and who do you think brought out the bible for all
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
dnawah: ok na but u've done the true water baptism.do u know the meaning of the Jesuit?(go and read the book"the secret terrorist"if u read ur Bible very well u'll know,who the babilon the mother of ha**lot is now.pls save urself church will not save u..

olodo where in the bible was the identity of the babylon disclosed? did you that book of revelation did not almost make it to the bible but for the catholic church?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Elxandre(m): 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
ChickRockz: A breakthrough..that's what it amounts..I've done it so many times and i'm never disappointed..besides we do NOT bow,we kneel..ignoramus
You kneel? That is just another posture of worship!

The thing with catholics is that thay defend their mode of worship with just what they have been told, not what they understand or observe.

"Thou shalt not bow down to graven images" but you guys do. You have statues of saints over everywhere.
All christians can only worship God through the spirit, not with any object or images. Only occults do such, because christianity has no business with symbolism.

What is the significance of the rosary? Where did paul or peter ever whipped out his rosary to pray?

Granted you honour mary, where was it mentioned in the bible that an Image of any saint (including mary) was erected?

If this was the right path, do you think a statue of Mary wouldn't have been erected in Jerusalem/antioch back then?
And lastly why insult mary with an image which doesn't even bear any resemblance with her?

I understand you were raised catholic, and may never be able to expunge unbiblical practices instilled in you from childhood from your mind, but the truth wont change!

I'm not judging but they are just my observations!
ifeanyi david: See
Person
Way
Call
Him
Self
Pastor
Dey
Jump
From
One
Woman
To
Another
Mctwwe
He dey talk onto say na him way God give key to haven.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by funtanherb(m): 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
whosoever is born out of woman not man is a sinner so jesus is inclusive
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by genxris: 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
Long time ago I have decided not to argue or try to prove to anyone that we don't worship mary.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by obayaya(m): 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
Wislet: So.... The Redemption plan of the Lord Jesus excluded Mary? You are all trying to say that the Lord Jesus came to die for everybody else on earth except her....cos she was without sin? Really??
Why didn't Jesus worship her then? Is there anywhere it's written He did? We'd love to know pls.
The fact that God favoured her to be the one to give birth to the Lord meant she was without sin? It meant she was soooo holy she was the only one qualified?

Is that what you think or are being taught?

She was sooo holy she was not part of the sin of Adam? She was not born of man but dropped 'hollily' from the skies?

Are YOU sure about that? Or you swallow teachings without seeking knowledge from God's word?

Not gonna argue the word with anybody...but, no one will use another person as an excuse that he was taught anything. The Bible is there for you to read for yourself, and the Holy Spirit is there to give you understanding.

Like all other descendants of Adam, she was subject to the necessity of contracting original sin. But by a special intervention of God, undertaken at the instant she was conceived, she was preserved from the stain of original sin and its consequences. She was therefore redeemed by the grace of Christ, but in a special way—by anticipation.

www.catholic.com/tracts/immaculate-conception-and-assumption
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
[quote author=dnawah]ok na but u've done the true water baptism.do u know the meaning of the Jesuit?(go and read the book"the secret terrorist"if u read ur Bible very well u'll know,who the babilon the mother of ha**lot is now.pls save urself church will not save u..[/qu
ok thanks
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by NemzySeries(m): 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
hiz not God so he can GO & DIE ;Dhiz not God so he can GO & DIE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

'Magnificent' Ruins From Time Of Jesus Found In Earth's Holiest Site, Jerusalem / A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 / South African Policeman Prays Before Arresting Pastor Who Defied Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.