Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54492 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by eagleeye2: 6:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
HAIL MARY, FULL OF GRACE. THE LORD IS WITH THEE, BLESSED ARE YOU AMONG WOMEN AND BLESSED IS THE FRUIT OF YOUR WOMB JESUS.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD PRAY FOR US SINNERS, NOW AND AT THE HOUR OF OUR DEATH. AMEN.
I am Catholic for Life.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by manny4life(m): 6:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
gbrown:
i was once a catholic, too many rituals, prayer to d dead was really crap to me, my bros there ain't no place like purgatory, it,s either hell or heaven, moreover purgatory was never mentioned i d bible

The Bible never talked about purgatory, but it does talk about a place of penance, a resting place... So my friend, isn't that what the Catholics refer to as purgatory?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by obayaya(m): 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Oh my hearts goes out to u much. What do u know abt d History of the Catholic church and the Reformers??! Now who is d Devil fighting who?

given, the church had it dark times in the dark ages. in the times of emperors and kings and countless wars. at those times, the church became a coveted price for emperors and kings. whoever controls the church controls the world. Rome was sacked twice in her history.. burnt to the ground.. the papacy needed political alliances and you won't blame them.

that led to the corruption and darkness that swallowed the church at that time..

the reformers came.. and I dare say that these reformers had just one aim.. saying something different and making a name for themselves..

Martin Luther pasted 96 crimes of the church.. notable amongst them was the sale of indulgence.. something that happened years before Luther was born.. when Rome needed to be rebuilt after being razed down.. hence the phrase "Rome was built on the price of sin". sales of indulgence was not widely practiced in the time of Luther.

The only interesting thing Luther fought for was that the bible be made public..

then king Henry formed the Anglican church because the Pope didnt allow him divorce his wife..

the truth remains that the church had it dark times but at the time when all of the western world was in darkness.. when the only light shinning on this world of ours was coming from the east and the Arab world.

pope John Paul II apologized for the since of the ancient church. but the ancient church wasn't the just the Catholic Church.. it was all of Christendom.

To single out the church for attacks has become the protestants favorite hobby. but that not withstanding, the Catholic Church is the mother of all churches.

the bible that's always the protestants main attack weapon was actually compiled by the ancient Catholic Church.

all the christian celebrations like Christmas and Easter that protestants celebrate also is a feast instituted by the Catholic Church. or maybe someone here can show me where it's written in the bible that Christ was born on 25th December or that Easter comes on 5th Sunday of advent which is actually the Catholic churchs calendar.

to be a champion, you must have to defeat a champion. that's why the Catholic Church have become an easy target for all them protestants

let's see what becomes of okoties Church after his death.

they are all trying to say what nobody is saying for cheap popularity.. but that doesn't make it right

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
manny4life: What do I believe?

Catholics DO NOT worship Mother Mary, rather they honor or reverence her, NOT worship her.

People like Pastor Chris need to find definition of difference between Worship and Honor...

Take this from a Christian....Nothing further.

Pls can u show us the difference between "honouring Mary" and "worshipping Mary"...I mean, what wud it be like to worship Mary?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by acidiczuzzee: 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.
its a lie catholics don't worship mary don't say what you don't knw
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by michy99(f): 6:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
luke 1:48 - behold all generations shall call me blessed....werent dey referrin 2 mary?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by nurric(m): 6:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rev. 12 vs 1: Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet & on her head a garland of 12 stars, vs 2; then being with a child, she cried in labor and in pain to give birth. Vs 5; she bore a male child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron.And her child was caught up to God and his throne.
Vs 13; Now the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child
vs 14; But the woman was given 2 wings of a great eagle that she might fly....
Vs 17; And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with her the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

My brethrens, never you join the dragon to make war with Blessed Mother Mary. Never say what u dont know out of ignorance.. Please read Revelation 12 very well.. Shalom
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
manny4life:

The Bible never talked about purgatory, but it does talk about a place of penance, a resting place... So my friend, isn't that what the Catholics refer to as purgatory?

Purgatory is actually referred to as prison in 1Pet 3:19-21
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
ChickRockz: Can you name one of those other children please..also if Mary had other children why would Jesus entrust her into the hands of John the Beloved disciple @ Mount Calvary..what happened to the other siblings? Did they suddenly die or become disabled or is it that they were so irresponsible that they couldn't take care of their own mother?...which is really bad come to think about it. Most people fail to understand that the Jewish conception of brotherhood or sisterhood extends to even your cousins..Once you are descended from one Grandparent and answer one family name..you are brothers or sisters irrespective of the fact that you have different parents

Wow! So now where does it say that "beloved Disciple" isn't the Brother of Jesus, seeing that James was always called the Lord's Brother? Why wasn't John called the Lord's Brother? Or u care to show us where the text calls John, Jesus' brother? and wat are we to use in differentiating/or knowing for sure that its d idea of "brotherhood/sisterhood" that is expressly mentioned in d texts and not true siblings Again its up to u to show otherwise, since the text made mention of "His Brothers and Sisters"
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by obayaya(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Can u show us who dis people are and what they did in "the Bible". Since the Bible contains the deeds of the 1st Apostles!

there are lots of books written about Christ and the apostles .. more than a thousand of them..

in compiling the bible, emphasis was placed on the books that highlights the Godly nature of Christ.

FYI, The bible was compiled by gathering of christian and pagan scholars
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by manny4life(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Pls can u show us the difference between "honouring Mary" and "worshipping Mary"...I mean, what wud it be like to worship Mary?

Worshiping Mary would entail bowing before her image, heaping and ascribing praises and adoration to her, offering sacrifices to her or in her name, like the Bible defines "WORSHIP", every forms whether in prayers, songs, resolution, resolve and what not. Now, that would be WORSHIP to Mary.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Zither(m): 6:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
first of all, no catholic bows down to Mary quote me, what we do is call genuflecting the same you do to your obas and you chiefs and even the average elderly Yoruba man or woman you see on the street. as for Mary being the way the truth and the life you said so yourself NO catholic has ever said that, because we are sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God we go through his mother to INTERCEDE for us on our behalf. Mary was specially conceived without original sin you and i was born with, she was specially designed as the vessel to bring the savior into this world, as for the name Mary, you are right it could as well be Martha or even chrissy3, but it wasn't . and if you say she was just a human, y weren't YOU chosen to bring the savior into the world. i beg of you change you ideology about all this things. ignorance is bliss they say but it is stupid when you base your arguments on them.. have a nice day smiley
The bolded is a great LIE. You have got your theology rather askew. EVERY MAN was and is conceived in sin. No man is sinless save JESUS. Please if that is what you are taught then your Catholic beliefs need overhauling. @topic, Pastor Okotie should first remove the plank in his eye before he can see clear to remove the speck in the eye of another.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dyfatai(m): 6:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
Orlando Owoh: On whether members of catholic church will make heaven, I can't tell but one thing is sure most of their practices are not biblical.
oh oh!! So which of d other church practices are biblical??
Christmas
New year
Valentine
White wedding
Wedding kiss
Trinity
Drum sets
Going to church on sunday
Etc
Tell me which of these was specifically mentioned in d bible and d verse.

Na all of una dey put anyting wey una like into your religion abeg.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by nyabingi(m): 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Im not fronting for Pastor Christ, I believe that we must always exhibit love when we want to correct others, the pastor went the xtreem way, but i advice nairalanders especialy youths who are in the catholic church to get down with their bibles and suncerely ask the Holy Spirit for inspirations and insights, thry'd understand why they urgently need to leave the church. Its just the grace of God thats still working in the church, that same grace that alows the rain to fall and sun to shine so that both the wicked and rightous ones eat their daily bread.

Here are some facts some catholics dont know:

The knite of Mulumba is a cult (attend the burial of a member then come back and thank me)
Most money ritualiist and ocult members especially from Igbo land hide under the church
The Papalcy is political and they do a lot of things the "jolly go lucky" catholics dont have a clue of
Most of ur reverend fathers have kids and are established business men (pls watch The Bogias...google pls)
In latin America there's different kinds of anual rituals done to honour madona (mary) sometimes involving the spil of human blood (pls google)
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by onimcee1(m): 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
I will only urge my fellow catholics to remain calm and ignore what ever pastor Chris Okotie has said abt us. He may be right, he may be wrong, whatever, we don't have to drag ourselves into a baseless argument as dat can make us Blasphem. The ways of God are not the ways of men.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by nyabingi(m): 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Im not fronting for Pastor Chris, I believe that we must always exhibit love when we want to correct others, the pastor went the xtreem way, but i advice nairalanders especialy youths who are in the catholic church to get down with their bibles and suncerely ask the Holy Spirit for inspirations and insights, thry'd understand why they urgently need to leave the church. Its just the grace of God thats still working in the church, that same grace that alows the rain to fall and sun to shine so that both the wicked and rightous ones eat their daily bread.

Here are some facts some catholics dont know:

The knite of Mulumba is a cult (attend the burial of a member then come back and thank me)
Most money ritualiist and ocult members especially from Igbo land hide under the church
The Papalcy is political and they do a lot of things the "jolly go lucky" catholics dont have a clue of
Most of ur reverend fathers have kids and are established business men (pls watch The Bogias...google pls)
In latin America there's different kinds of anual rituals done to honour madona (mary) sometimes involving the spil of human blood (pls google)
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by manny4life(m): 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

Purgatory is actually referred to as prison in 1Pet 3:19-21

There you go, I guess he meant the Bible never explicitly called "Purgatory", but the Old and New Testaments talked about a place of penance.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

so which european history bok did younread that thrash from?
Most of the practices in catholic are not biblically backed. Of all the allegation leveled against Martin Luther, he could not be purnished when he insisted that the pope should show him from the bible, not the catholic doctrine, where he was wrong. I've read some books about him. I have right with me "Here I Stand, A Life of Martin Luther" by Roland H. Bainton.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
manny4life:

There you go, I guess he meant the Bible never explicitly called "Purgatory", but the Old and New Testaments talked about a place of penance.

yeah you are right just like the bible did not decribe the other planets
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
imauri:

y dont you just practice ur faith and leave others to what they believe in... its all about our personal relationship with God, whats wrong with u sticking to urs and what u know and leaving Catholics to how they worship.. it is not in ur place to criticise anyone or conclude on what u think is the right way to worship...... when u point to the history of any faith critically , u have turned yourself to a judge by ur own hands... which makes u no different from the pastor in question. peace

Sorry Bro...I knw it hurts to leave what one earnestly hold. But if u say am Judging, Yes I am! But its not my Judgement but dat of d Bible...all idolaters shall go to hell. and fyi am nt standing against Chris Okotie for saying this piece of truth...and if u think he can't say the truth cos he is a "womanizer". Then rethink it, wen Jesus said "even sinners know how to do what is good..."

This leaves room for someone sayin the truth, despite not practising it.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
manny4life: What do I believe?

Catholics DO NOT worship Mother Mary, rather they honor or reverence her, NOT worship her.

People like Pastor Chris need to find definition of difference between Worship and Honor...

Take this from a Christian....Nothing further.
What is the difference between reverence and worship?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
If you guys like,argue and rant until the world ends..The Catholic Church will still remain..It has been there for 2000 years and has shown no signs of failing..Members are still being born and are still coming in..We are still the biggest organization in the World..Still the richest organization in the World.We account for 60% of the World's population.I guess that's what's eating y'all up....there is just no denying the quality..As for me,I'm done trying to convince blockheads and ignoramuses..Bye Y'all..we'll live to argue another day..Catholic for Life! Peace
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
manny4life:

Worshiping Mary would entail bowing before her image, heaping and ascribing praises and adoration to her, offering sacrifices to her or in her name, like the Bible defines "WORSHIP", every forms whether in prayers, songs, resolution, resolve and what not. Now, that would be WORSHIP to Mary.

So what does this "hail mary" prayer means
"Pray for us...."??

Honour??
Or
Worship
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by kallat: 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
mister you just judged too. i rather u keep quiet than say things u aint sure off. biko!!! its called HONORING Mary not Worshipping

Help me tell them o!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by manny4life(m): 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
What is the difference between reverence and worship?

Reverence is giving respect to a higher authority or being, IT IS NOT WORSHIP.

WORSHIP is a broader scope that involves ALL components. Like a car with many parts, that's what WORSHIP is. When you worship GOD, you not only adore or reverence his name, you sing and ascribe all to his name.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Most of the practices in catholic are not biblically backed. Of all the allegation leveled against Martin Luther, he could not be purnished when he insisted that the pope should show him from the bible, not the catholic doctrine, where he was wrong. I've read some books about him. I have right with me "Here I Stand, A Life of Martin Luther" by Roland H. Bainton.

Roland Bainton born in 1894 would write the history of the cathlic church/ smh for your ignorance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Bainton

bros you dod not know anything whatserever about chrurch history.If you truely sincere about your quest for cvchurch history go through google and read up about the writings of the church fathers who actually lived and witness ed this events.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
Orlando Owoh:

Roland Bainton born in 1894 would write the history of the cathlic church/ smh for your ignorance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Bainton

bros you dod not know anything whatserever about chrurch history.If you truely sincere about your quest for cvchurch history go through google and read up about the writings of the church fathers who actually lived and witnessed this events and not the rantings of someone wholived over 1000 years after the events have occured.

You may start with the writings of Eusebius of ceserea the first writer of christian church history
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by missuniverse(f): 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans: i just don't get the beef with people and Catholics. im a proud catholic and loving it, and i seriously take no offense to whatever pastor Chris says. instead i will take an offense when someone says we aint worshiping God, where did you get such an idea from. but as a peace loving Catholic i am, i would pray for your souls and ask the good God to grant you pardon and pray its not to late for you.. peace be with you... smiley
one love keep us together.let d peace flow.I'M PROUD TO BE

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by mfonjones: 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
unguarded utterances
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
He has no right to judge, even a criminal can make it just like the thief with Jesus, but is Okotie really Holy. Married 2 wives and divorced both, organising a beauty competition etc. Ehh what a height of deception. Comparing the beauty of God with mans eyes. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder my pastor.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by manny4life(m): 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

"Pray for us...."??

Honour??
Or
Worship

When did it become idolatry to "HAIL" a being like you?

The hail Mary prayer, is just like Our Lord's prayer...Common denominator, they are intercessory prayers.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by kallat: 6:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

"Pray for us...."??

Honour??
Or
Worship

Honour cos we didn't say we "prayed to her" but we asked her to intervene on our behalfs... You can't love a man without hounouring and respecting his mama... So we honour mary as the earthly mother of our Lord Jesus Christ!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

'Magnificent' Ruins From Time Of Jesus Found In Earth's Holiest Site, Jerusalem / A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 / "My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.