Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria (7505 Views)

Are You Interested In Starting An Internet Business? Read This And Be Enriched! / Starting An Electronic Payments Company / Starting An Advertising Agency In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by oraphael777(m): 7:40am On Dec 06, 2013
This is purely true..... For instance incomelet.com is one of such businesses that are real and profiting but they don't know how to advertise. And secondly, the rate of fraud has scared people away even from the true ones like incomelet.com
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by Durocityflicks: 8:07am On Dec 06, 2013
Promhize: What's this new "boards" about
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by Help4rmme2u(m): 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
guy u try
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
angelinvestor: Sorry but this piece of write up lacks substance, I wonder how it made front page.

You entitled to your opinion Sir...

That's one of the problem, people want to wait till they are perfect before launching out in their business, not knowing that 10 years from now, they will still be far from being perfect

The idea is to launch out and keep learning as you grow.

So instead of critiquing a post that a lot of people found valuable; why not put up a better post about the subject, the one that will be "full of substance"

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
Help4rmme2u: guy u try

Thanks Bro...
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
prince_onx: I assume this is for those living in Nigeria right? Cux folks from the West/ern world won't risk buying anything online from Nigeria.

I guess you are talking for yourself because thousands of folks buy stuffs from Nigerian sites; I know of Nigerians who make money selling stuffs to folks in the western world
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
ahfo: Too straight and normal.

You want something complicated?
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
FOLLOW COME: 9ce 1

Thanks Bro
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
FOLLOW COME: 9ce 1

Thanks B
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
diarra94: nice one.

Thanks Bro
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
thirdeye: Very good post, for you that don't understand is better to keep quiet and learn. I have been sent millions of naira to build houses for people abroad without any refferal but my blog.

Keep it up Bro... Nice work
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
CocoLoca: very true, very relevant, very valid. nice one op!

Thanks for the kind words
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 3:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
familysms: Gudgud

Thanks for reading
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 3:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
Linzoh: this is lovely post, been enlightened by this post. tanks

That's encouraging, Thanks for reading
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
olorunthobby: Thanks

You are welcome Bro
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 4:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
Swaq.wiz:
Nice One bro, but the problem now is how do we FIND what people really Want? PLUS Who are the people who need It? EXPLAIN BETTER

JAH BLESS...

The task is not to find what people want, but to discover your purpose, that is, decide on what niche to focus on then start solving a problem.

It's easy, just hang around your target market and you'll discover what their urgent needs are before long, then meet those needs, that's it

The problem is, most people focus on making money rather meeting needs; Inspiration will only flow when you want to meet needs not just make money; but the good thing is, money always follow needs.

I hope this helps
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 4:05pm On Dec 06, 2013
Oawk WebWorks:

@OP. If only people will listen to those points!

If I get #100 for every time someone approached me to build a Facebook or Nairaland clone, I will be a VERY rich man today.

The world needs something new and you as an investor or entrepreneur need to think about something different that touches lives in new ways.

You couldn't have said it any better; that's the bandwagon effect.

People want to be Money pursuers instead of a solution providers.

Many people ask the wrong questions, that's why they get the wrong answers; there's no way you'll ask yourself, how can I add value to my environment with what I know? and you won't have a rush of quality ideas but most people would rather ask "how do I make money?

God will help us
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 4:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
stechi: @ dannish247: well said,but do you think affiliate marketing pays in Nigeria?

Sure, it does pay...

But you see, In Internet Marketing, people buy from people they trust and how do you build trust? By Blogging, this will help you build a community of people who have come to trust your knowledge and insight.

So when you recommend a product, they are more likely to buy
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
turl: Very interesting topic.
Cant stress the point about passion enough. If you don't enjoy it, you'll fall flat on your face. The passion has to be palpable to provoke interest in the ever growing competitive space.

Very true, that's the backbone of Internet Marketing
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 4:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
princemolak: Nice Post

Thanks Bro...
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 4:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bank450: .I will agree with you on some points, you are correct. Other problems are with the buyers/customers, most Nigerian's don't tend to believe the reality of internet marketing. They think its impossible, and fake. Causing them not to buy from the internet. Its very difficult to get customers to buy from you online.

Most Nigerians??

Really?? How come some people make a full-time income online?

Why are you focusing on those that have failed and not on those that have succeeded and doing well?

I think it's a mindset thing, if you believe it won't work, then it won't work...

See, there are over 48 Million Nigerians online and over 6 Million Nigerians on Facebook; you really believe you can't find a healthy percentage of this number to provide a solution to?

If you change your mindset, everything changes...

Stop looking for money, start looking for problems to solve, decide to be a solution provider and everything will change

I hope this was helpful Bro
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by gajasalot(m): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
@dannish247, you've said it all bro. I think the biggest mistake people made when starting
an online business is for the sole purpose of making money quickly, but from my point of
view i think creating value and letting people look up to you as an expert in your field is
the most important thing one must learn in any online business.
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by thirdeye(m): 7:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
Check my signature line.
INFO TECH:

Your blog please?
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 4:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
gajasalot: @dannish247, you've said it all bro. I think the biggest mistake people made when starting
an online business is for the sole purpose of making money quickly, but from my point of
view i think creating value and letting people look up to you as an expert in your field is
the most important thing one must learn in any online business.

Very true...
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by Bank450(m): 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
dannish247:

Most Nigerians??

Really?? How come some people make a full-time income online?

Why are you focusing on those that have failed and not on those that have succeeded and doing well?

I think it's a mindset thing, if you believe it won't work, then it won't work...

See, there are over 48 Million Nigerians online and over 6 Million Nigerians on Facebook; you really believe you can't find a healthy percentage of this number to provide a solution to?

If you change your mindset, everything changes...

Stop looking for money, start looking for problems to solve, decide to be a solution provider and everything will change

I hope this was helpful Bro
Yes bros you are right, but am talking about traffic to your solution, even if you get the traffic, the conversion rate is low bro.
I won't lie to you, even if you try a whole lot to send traffic to your site, the conversion rate is low, even with an average site like the one in my sig.
Maybe you can review and tell me how I can optimize the page and some traffic techniques you feel can be useful. Thanks
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
Bank450:
Yes bros you are right, but am talking about traffic to your solution, even if you get the traffic, the conversion rate is low bro.
I won't lie to you, even if you try a whole lot to send traffic to your site, the conversion rate is low, even with an average site like the one in my sig.
Maybe you can review and tell me how I can optimize the page and some traffic techniques you feel can be useful. Thanks

When you say conversion is low, I want to believe you meant conversion of your leads to buyers and not conversion of the traffic to your squeeze page to leads as you have a pretty good squeeze page.

However, when you convert traffic to leads, it's yet another hurdle to convert these leads to buyers, that's where content marketing comes in; you need to educate your audience with relevant information; ideally your content ratio should be 80% informational and 20% promotional; that way your audience will grow to see you as an authority and somebody to buy from' in other words, you've got to be Blogging.

People buy from people they trust and one effective way to build trust is by Blogging.

Hope this helps
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
grandstar: Do you make up to $1,000 monthly from your online biz
Abeg help me ask am o.
Re: Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by dannish247(m): 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
angelinvestor: Abeg help me ask am o.

If I make more than $1,000 it's my money, I won't share it with you;If I don't make up to, It's none of your business.

Until we in Nigeria understand that money should not be the driving force of a business, then we'll continue to miss the point.

Please think about how to add value and not solely how to make money; when you add value, money will definitely follow.

I leave you with this "You can have everything in life that you desire, If only you can help enough other people get what they desire"~ Zig Ziglar

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Successfully Negotiate Lower Prices In Any Situation / Lagos’ ICT Cluster Takes Off, Targets $10bn Revenue / Instaforex - Instaforex.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.