Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:01 PM

Know Your Legislators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Know Your Legislators (11377 Views)

Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard / Legislators Agree To Belt-tightening, Cut N’assembly’s Budget By 25%-thisday / 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know Your Legislators by isalegan2: 4:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
I was in the middle of updating and revising on Dec 18 when I developed internet/computer problems. I'm sorry to have to delay, but I won't be able able to continue posting until well after the new year.

Please use the links provided to get additional info. As I mentioned earlier, I had a concern about posting contact into on this page instead of links to the official pages of each official, because I may be unable to modify later. You can see that problem already arising due to the changes we've seen with switching of party affiliations. Now, I understand even the Speaker of the House may have switched from PDP to APC. I'm not opposed to that, of course. I just brought it up to highlight some of my concerns, and those that really want more details here.

When I am able to continue the updates, I will come up with a method that is satisfactory to all. . . hopefully. smiley

Happy New Year!

[img]http://2.bp..com/-hB-ytT2Lr6Q/UlYqH5FGaMI/AAAAAAAACWo/WhYKJD2-ia0/s400/latest-happy-new-year-2014-wallpapers-eve-fireworks-pictures-66.jpg[/img]
Re: Know Your Legislators by isalegan2: 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
Well, mea culpa. embarassed I wasn't able to continue this. I may have to start all over. . . since so many officials have switched parties. Sorry o, to the Rivers graduate that needed help. How are you?
Re: Know Your Legislators by cbravo(m): 9:12am On Sep 01, 2016
There are generally three [3] constitutionally recognized institutionalized arms of government viz, the executive, the legislatures, and the judiciary. Each of these of arms of government has its traditional role to play for the maintenance and survival of the state as a whole.

The legislatures primary functions is to make laws for the good governance of the state, and the welfare of the citizens the “branch is responsible for making and changing laws” Leeds [1978:56].

The executive arms of government are to administer the laws made by the legislature. It is also responsible for responsible for direction of government affairs Leeds [1978:56] since it consists of leaders of the state and those responsible for the everyday governing of the state. While the judiciary is the third arms of government that is responsible for interpreting laws and the implementation for the existing laws to the individuals who breaks the laws Leeds [1978:56].

The judiciary exists to protect the liberties and rights of individuals in any modern state, the liberties to individuals depend upon the fairness of court in protecting them both from individuals and tyrannical or overzealous members of the government Nwonbueze [1979:215].

Legislation in Nigeria started with indigenous representative during the emergence of Clifford constitution in assembles came to existence and had disappeared due to one reason or the other and sometimes resurfaced.

http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/sociology/public-perception-of-the-performance-of-kano-states-house-of-assembly-2011-2015/
Re: Know Your Legislators by cbravo5: 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
this is an incomplete article,it’s a product of a high quality project researched work.To access the complete work click the link bellow

Public Perception of the Performance of Kano States House of Assembly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Considers Climate Change Bill / Certificate Scam: Reps Call For Obono-obla’s Sacking / APC ferried thugs from neighbouring States for Buhari’s rally in Plateau – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.