Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,281 members, 7,826,086 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

The 2014 Oscars Race Begins - Timetable Of Events - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The 2014 Oscars Race Begins - Timetable Of Events (1703 Views)

85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List / Congolese Actress, Rachel Mwanza To Represent Africa At The Oscars 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 2014 Oscars Race Begins - Timetable Of Events by prof800(m): 11:31am On Dec 04, 2013
Today is December the 4th. Today unofficially marks the start of the 2014 Oscar Race.

Here is a list of the major film nominations and awards that will be announced between now and March 2, 2014, when the 2014 Oscar winners will be revealed at the 86th Academy Awards Ceremony, presented by Ellen DeGeneres. Yes, presented by Ellen DeGeneres.!

Okay, here are the key dates ahead of the ceremony:

Wednesday, December 4
The National Board of Review of Motion Pictures announces the winners of its 2013 awards, unofficially marking the start of the "Oscars race."
But the awards are attributed in a ceremony on January 7.

Saturday, December 7
26th European Film Awards attributed in Berlin.

Sunday, December 8
Los Angeles Film Critics Association vote and announce winners of the 2013 awards.

Monday, December 9
American Film Institute (AFI) announces its top 10 films in 2013. Awards are attributed on Friday, January 10.

Wednesday, December 11 Nominations announced for the 20th Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards.

Thursday, December 12
Nominations announced for the 72nd Golden Globe Awards, attributed by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.

Thursday, January 2

Nominations announced for the 25th Producers Guild of America (PGA) Awards.

Friday, January 3
Nominations announced for the 66th Writers Guild of America (WGA) Awards.

Saturday, January 4
*Winners* announced for the National Society of Film Critics Awards.

Tuesday, January 7
Nominations announced for the 66th Directors Guild of America (DGA) Awards.

Wednesday, January 8
-Winners announced for the 40th People's Choice Awards.
-Also, Nominations announced for the 67th Bafta Awards (UK).

Sunday, January 12
71st Golden Globes Awards Ceremony.

Thursday, January 16
-Nominations announced for the 86th Academy Awards Ceremony.
-Also, *Winners* announced for the 19th Critics' Choice Movie Awards.

Saturday, January 18
20th SAG Awards Ceremony

Sunday, January 19
25th PGA Awards Ceremony

Saturday, January 25
66th DGA Awards Ceremony

Friday, January 31
Nominations announced for the 39th Césars Awards Ceremony (France).

Saturday, February 1
66th WGA Awards Ceremony

Saturday, February 15
Golden Bear Prize awarded at 64th Berlin International Film Festival (February 6 -16).

Sunday, February 16
67th British Academy of Film and Television Arts (Bafta) Awards Ceremony

Friday, February 28
39th César Awards Ceremony (France)

Saturday, March 1
29th Independent Spirit Awards Ceremony 33th Razzie Awards Ceremony

The D-day:
Sunday, March 2

86th Academy Awards Ceremony

NB:
-all dates are subject to modification.
-2014 Oscars is official 2013 movies Academy Awards or 86th Academy Awards.

References:

[url]news.yahoo.com/2014-oscars-race-key-dates-ahead-ceremony-074822308.html[/url]

[url]awardsdatabase.oscars.org/ampas_awards/BasicSearchInput.jsp[/url]

www.indiewire.com/article/save-the-dates-heres-the-2013-14-awards-calendar

1 Like

Re: The 2014 Oscars Race Begins - Timetable Of Events by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hmm, proffessor prof's first topic on NL. Front page things jareh.

2 Likes

Re: The 2014 Oscars Race Begins - Timetable Of Events by sholay2011(m): 10:50am On Dec 05, 2013
Nice thread.

Prof, you missed the first critic award : New York Film Critics Circle (NYFCC) awards that held Dec 3. And it's given more consideration than the National Board of Review (NBR) award sef.

These were the winners:

Best Picture: AMERICAN HUSTLE (Many expected either '12 years a Slave' or 'Gravity' to clinch this...lol)

Best Director: STEVE MCQUEEN ( DIRECTOR OF '12 YEARS A SLAVE)

Best Actor: ROBERT REDFORD (ALL IS LOST)

Best Actress: CATE BLANCHETT (BLUE JASMINE)

Best Supporting Actor: JARED LETO (DALLAS BUYERS' CLUB)

Best Supporting Actress: JENNIFER LAWRENCE (AMERICAN HUSTLE) kiss

Best Screenplay: ERIC SINGER AND DAVID O RUSSELL AMERICAN HUSTLE

Best Cinematography: INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS ( I thought it would be GRAVITY though)

Best First film: FRUITVALE STATION

By the way, 'HER' won the best picture at the National Board of Review awards yesterday. Quite ridiculous considering other contenders but it's an excellent film nonetheless.

Also include the Los Angeles Film Critics Award (LAFC) that holds December 8. It's a major award that may shift the oscar race as much as the NYFCC as slightly done.

I am watching at this race closely...catching my fun cool

1 Like

Re: The 2014 Oscars Race Begins - Timetable Of Events by chromatic: 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
sholay2011: Nice thread.

Prof, you missed the first critic award : New York Film Critics Circle (NYFCC) awards that held Dec 3. And it's given more consideration than the National Board of Review (NBR) award sef.

These were the winners:

Best Picture: AMERICAN HUSTLE (Many expected either '12 years a Slave' or 'Gravity' to clinch this...lol)

Best Director: STEVE MCQUEEN ( DIRECTOR OF '12 YEARS A SLAVE)

Best Actor: ROBERT REDFORD (ALL IS LOST)

Best Actress: CATE BLANCHETT (BLUE JASMINE)

Best Supporting Actor: JARED LETO (DALLAS BUYERS' CLUB)

Best Supporting Actress: JENNIFER LAWRENCE (AMERICAN HUSTLE) kiss

Best Screenplay: ERIC SINGER AND DAVID O RUSSELL AMERICAN HUSTLE

Best Cinematography: INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS ( I thought it would be GRAVITY though)

Best First film: FRUITVALE STATION

By the way, 'HER' won the best picture at the National Board of Review awards yesterday. Quite ridiculous considering other contenders but it's an excellent film nonetheless.

Also include the Los Angeles Film Critics Award (LAFC) that holds December 8. It's a major award that may shift the oscar race as much as the NYFCC as slightly done.

I am watching at this race closely...catching my fun cool
They might just spread all these awards over the season...I was thinking 12 years a slave will sweep a lot but then again, all these films just have good claims for themselves. They should show love to Prisoners too(maybe they'll get SAG recognition sha)
Cate Blanchett has best actress lockdown compared to others I've seen, she was just too good in Blue jasmine.
Sholay, you seen Dallas Buyers club? I really wanna know if it's worth the hype.

1 Like

Re: The 2014 Oscars Race Begins - Timetable Of Events by prof800(m): 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Yeah Sholay, thanks for adding NYFCC..quite a worthy award.

@chromatic are you saying Cate Blanchett has the best performance this year?
What of Sandra Bullock as Dr. Ryan Stone in the Movie 'Gravity'?
Re: The 2014 Oscars Race Begins - Timetable Of Events by sholay2011(m): 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: The 2014 Oscars Race Begins - Timetable Of Events by sholay2011(m): 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
chromatic:
They might just spread all these awards over the season...I was thinking 12 years a slave will sweep a lot but then again, all these films just have good claims for themselves. They should show love to Prisoners too(maybe they'll get SAG recognition sha)
Cate Blanchett has best actress lockdown compared to others I've seen, she was just too good in Blue jasmine.
Sholay, you seen Dallas Buyers club? I really wanna know if it's worth the hype.
You seem to be quite current with how tinz dey go for dis awards race.

I haven't seen Dallas Buyers Club but wiv the preview I saw...it's really on point wiv some 'Oscar-y' performances, especially Matthew McConaughey (he lost many pounds for this role of an HIV-positive man or smth and was almost unrecognisable) and Jared Leto (who played a transvetite I think. He had to shave every hair on his body and lose about 30 pounds to get into character. Imagine...dis white ppl sef).
Re: The 2014 Oscars Race Begins - Timetable Of Events by sholay2011(m): 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
prof800:

@chromatic are you saying Cate Blanchett has the best performance this year?
What of Sandra Bullock as Dr. Ryan Stone in the Movie 'Gravity'?
Hmm...Oga Prof...have you watched 'Blue Jasmine'? Cate Blanchett's performance has no serious competition this year oh. It was of another cadre.

Sandra Bullock gave a career best in 'Gravity' which was phenomenal but there are some performances that are equally as excellent:

Emma Thompson in 'Saving Mr Banks'
Judu Dench in 'Philomena'
Adele Exarchopolous in 'Blue is the warmest colour'
Jennifer lawrence in 'Hunger games : Catching Fire'.

But none of these performances are at par with that of Cate Blanchett.

Btw, include the Los Angeles Film Critics Awards that holds Dec 8 in your post. This is the second tym I'm suggesting it sir.
Re: The 2014 Oscars Race Begins - Timetable Of Events by prof800(m): 4:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
^^^^
I order to avoid being flogged by sholay, I have added the LAFCA...wink
The Race is on!
Re: The 2014 Oscars Race Begins - Timetable Of Events by chromatic: 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
Sounds interesting, checked the trailer for Dallas buyers club: I'm gonna watch it definitely...
Prof, I love Sandra and she was fucking good in gravity but amongst these female leads I've seen so far: Cate blew me away, more like a powerhouse performance even better than her Elizabeth performance. I'm yet to see Judi Dench (Philomena) and I know Meryl streep will come in later when Osage is released.
I love that Blue is the warmest colour film. It's been an indie year for me anyways.

1 Like

Re: The 2014 Oscars Race Begins - Timetable Of Events by sholay2011(m): 7:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
prof800: ^^^^
I order to avoid being flogged by sholay, I have added the LAFCA...wink
The Race is on!
grin grin wink

I can't believe this is your first thread though. O ga o. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Game of thrones: Jon Snow Is Deader Than Dead, Yet So Alive! He Returns. / Blockbuster Movies 2018 / Money Heist Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.