Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) (21805 Views)

Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister / All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa / New HIV Antibodies only In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by buskie13(m): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
GamaG: must it be africa? Y not sweden herself, all d ones happening there av they been researching and reporting them? Anyway 3rd to comment.
are you serious? angry
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
Where's that Prof from UNIBEN wey talk say he get cure for AIDS?
What happened to him?
Has he kept quiet or made to keep quiet?
Is he dead?
Was he lieing?
Last Bullet:
I know the cure for HIV/AIDS.
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by shalomm: 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
SMH.....What brought them to West Africa at the first instance? secondly, how come they choose to carry out the research on West Africa?

We have Two things destroying Humanity, 1- D religion that permit a man to go bomb churches, Kill innocent student, 2- the Devil got a white face.
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by shizzle11(m): 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
we are talking about getting a cure for HIV and suddenly, an 'aggressive' version of the scourge is discovered in West Africa.

Baba Goddey whyyyyyyyy?
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Adamskuty(m): 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
icycoolmik: Swedish scientists have identified a new strain of HIV that appears to progress much faster than most previously identified variations of the virus.

The new strain, known as A3/02, is a recombinant, meaning it is a cross between two previously identified HIV strains. Writing in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, Lund University researchers said that the infection moves from HIV to full-blown AIDS in about five years, nearly two- to two-and-a-half years faster than most previously known strains.

So far the new infection seems confined to West Africa.

WHY IS IT ALWAYS AFRICA? NOW IT'S WEST AFRICA. I hope that there is no 'political undertone' to this discovery.

http://gma.yahoo.com/scientists-aggressive-hiv-strain-111842347--abc-news-health.html
nawa oooh,this one na big wahala grin grin grin grin
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by 2sizzlin(m): 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
naijacutee:

Africa is not cursed. It is people who through their actions choose to become a curse to themselves.

- When a man has a wife, but chooses to sleep around with promiscuous University students (for one reason or the other) and contracts HIV, he has chosen to become a curse for himself.
- When a girl, instead of studying decides that she wants Peruvian hair, and chooses to sleep with promiscuous older men, she has chosen to become a curse for herself.
- When a man is given a contract to fix a road, and he chooses to not just inflate the price but also to do a bad, unsustainable job so that he can buy a hummer that year, he has chosen to become a curse to his community.
- When a student decides that it is better to pay someone to sit his exams than to do the hardwork, study and pass, he has chosen to become a curse to himself and anyone who employs him in the future.
- When we celebrate that 'brother' in church who just bought a new car, (even though we know he does dodgy deals) we choose to become a curse to ourselves.
- When we sell our votes for N10,000, we choose to become curses to ourselves and our children.

"Poverty made me do it." is no longer an excuse. In all the scenarios above, these people would have survived without having to seek shortcuts, but chose not to. Africa is not cursed. We bend down and select our curses for ourselves.

I perceive You listen to good ppl
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
It has no political undertone
It is a result of lifestyle
Folks be forkking away as if their lives depend on sex.
Married men,married women,young single boys n girls.
Two HIV patients with different strains mated and brought this new one upon us sad sad
icycoolmik: Swedish scientists have identified a new strain of HIV that appears to progress much faster than most previously identified variations of the virus.

The new strain, known as A3/02, is a recombinant, meaning it is a cross between two previously identified HIV strains. Writing in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, Lund University researchers said that the infection moves from HIV to full-blown AIDS in about five years, nearly two- to two-and-a-half years faster than most previously known strains.

So far the new infection seems confined to West Africa.

WHY IS IT ALWAYS AFRICA? NOW IT'S WEST AFRICA. I hope that there is no 'political undertone' to this discovery.

http://gma.yahoo.com/scientists-aggressive-hiv-strain-111842347--abc-news-health.html
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by adepojuot: 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
Kockane: Thank God no b Nigeria. cool
se nigeria no dey among west africa countries??are you a leaner??
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by oluxy(m): 3:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
Everything Africa. Wetin we do dis white people, na only afircan blood dem de collect for sample? Oyinbo own nko?
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by devour129: 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
adepojuot: se nigeria no dey among west africa countries??are you a leaner??
he is ,so are you
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by oyeludef(m): 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
warning to nairalanders fvckfvckman ,born to fvck and their caucus
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Exponental(m): 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
What makes it confined to west africa? Are humans not sexually interwooven? Abeegii make dem park well jooor!
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by mrrock: 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
Scam! scam!! scam!!!. My people beware!.
Multinational drug companies are behind all these threats. There's economic depression in America and Europe. Big multinational pharmaceutical companies need your money. That's the end game.
Whatever you do don't forget they've enslaved and colonized our fore-fathers before using same strategy

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
depopulation. all of una that haf recieve vaccination have been injected with HIV. its biblical grin grin

revelation 6 vs 8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by EbirichBen(m): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
Just One Advice................... Stick to Your Girl, Woman, Boy or Man. and go for test every 3months. Africa Is A Blessed Land.
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by GetGuide: 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
Olagbara oo embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Africa shaaa

Kilode cry cry cry cry cry

Africa needs deliverance, serious one ooo,
with all these fire breathing prayer warriors, we are still in problem angry angry angry angry angry angry

I pray that all the spirit tormenting Africa should die by Fire angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Wallie(m): 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
The issue is not our libido, which may or may not be higher than Caucasians, but the fact that we carry on carelessly. Our people are ignorant or choose to remain ignorant to the fact that precautions need to be taken when engaging in an activity that can become destructive. The solution is simple: if you're going to engage in extramarital or premarital affair use a rubber. Simple!

If you’re getting married, get tested before going raw.

What's yet to be told is the number of females infected with HIV. Unfortunately, due to the anatomy of females and those that take it from the back, they are more likely to get infected from sleeping with an HIV infected male than a male sleeping with an HIV infected female.

About a week ago, I heard an alarming statistics over the radio that 92% of new HIV cases in the Washington DC area are black females, which makes me wonder what that number will be for females in Nigeria.
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by yemmit90: 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
Jarus: I hope some people still don't believe the "HIV is a hoax" conspiracy theory again.

May God bless you!
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
pretty_boi: .You asked why is it always Africa? My answer is "because we are fvvckng lazy." Imagine scientists from another continent telling us Jack & we believe. Where are our own scientists? Why don't they get to work & give us our own homegrown theories,findings,etc..? At least it would be things we can relate to better. All we do is sit around lazying & crying that we are being "victimized. " I hate mental laziness with the whole of my life. I'm one of those people that believe that "IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING/YOUR CONDITION, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT TILL IT CHANGES AT LEAST A LITTLE. DON'T JUST LAZY AROUND CRYING.
God Bless Nigeria. Amen.

I get where you're driving at and truly there are vast number of untapped herbs in Nigeria that could extract new pharmaceutical drugs but where is the "FUNDING" for the research?

And even if the funding is made available, Nigerians are naturally greedy mofos. And just to show you an example, wait and see what will happen to the ASUU money. grin grin
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by GetGuide: 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
GetGuide: Olagbara oo embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Africa shaaa

Kilode cry cry cry cry cry

Africa needs deliverance, serious one ooo,
with all these fire breathing prayer warriors, we are still in problem angry angry angry angry angry angry

I pray that all the spirit tormenting Africa should die by Fire angry angry angry angry angry angry

Recommended: HIV Patient Has 'HOPE' Following Transplant
"There are some HIV types here in the United States that take as little as two years to develop into AIDS," he noted.
This information is particularly troubling in light of a new CDC report that found that since 2005, there has been a 48 percent increase in unprotected anal sex in the U.S. among men who have sex with men. Men who engage in risky sexual behavior are often unaware of their positive HIV status, the report found.
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
[quote author=mrrock]Scam! scam!! scam!!!. My people beware!.
Multinational drug companies are behind all these threats. There's economic depression in America and Europe. Big multinational pharmaceutical companies need your money. That's the end game. what are you saying? That Europe needs our money? you must be joking right?
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
naijacutee:

Africa is not cursed. It is people who through their actions choose to become a curse to themselves.

- When a man has a wife, but chooses to sleep around with promiscuous University students (for one reason or the other) and contracts HIV, he has chosen to become a curse for himself.
- When a girl, instead of studying decides that she wants Peruvian hair, and chooses to sleep with promiscuous older men, she has chosen to become a curse for herself.
- When a man is given a contract to fix a road, and he chooses to not just inflate the price but also to do a bad, unsustainable job so that he can buy a hummer that year, he has chosen to become a curse to his community.
- When a student decides that it is better to pay someone to sit his exams than to do the hardwork, study and pass, he has chosen to become a curse to himself and anyone who employs him in the future.
- When we celebrate that 'brother' in church who just bought a new car, (even though we know he does dodgy deals) we choose to become a curse to ourselves.
- When we sell our votes for N10,000, we choose to become curses to ourselves and our children.

"Poverty made me do it." is no longer an excuse. In all the scenarios above, these people would have survived without having to seek shortcuts, but chose not to. Africa is not cursed. We bend down and select our curses for ourselves.
Nice one
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Afrok(m): 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Another "pick and drop" move, dey might av picked d "aggressive strains" or better still grow it in their lab nd drop it into Africa where dey believed no scientist/scientists will stand up to question their findings nd take up d challenges of doing further research on d virus. They belief Africans az little or no knowledge about HIV? Did dey think we bleep anyhow? d last time I checked condom wasn't expensive nd most pharmaceutical shops runs out of it, better still U see many empty packs of condom in their shop. These ppl should know dt Africans aren't dt "dumb".
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
naijacutee:

WORD!!!
I trip!
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
naijacutee:

abeg tell me something new joor...........you expect my to clap for you abi?

I hate lamentations abeg.....we all know all this things, but who will do anything about it..

if we call for revolution will you come out?...like youths did in Libya, Tunisia and Egypt...that's what we should be talking about, cos everyone knows what the problem is

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
devour129: They should keep releasing viruses so thier pharm companies can make money tru vaccines . The devil has a white face

So how many vaccines are they selling for HIV virus.
And how many have they sold to your village?
You should think with your head, not thru your you-know-what.
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
Scary
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
olala32: I was suppose to be no 1 naw i m no 6...fvck goat!skelewu.....i go measure...
Olala, u ar just å funny chap. Did u reserve d space? That's hw it feels wen u tink u nailed d test only 2 find out othaz beat u to it.
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
and the HIV virus is the biggest scam in the world.....

am I supposed to believe it cos the white man said it?

wake up, HIV is the biggest scam of all times

1 Like

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by rusher14: 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
There may be many who doubt the authenticity of this report.

The report may be true or indeed the work of imaginative minds but whose fault is it?

How much research is going on in Nigeria to combat this 'scourge'?

Assuming this strain actually does exist how come we have to wait for scientists in a distant land to educate us?

Even if it is the figment of the imagination of a few pharmaceutical wheeler-dealers what hope do we have to debunk it?

I know people are promiscuous worldwide and Nigerians are no different.

In fact, with HIV known to be prevalent in Gay communities one should expect fewer cases in a predominantly heterosexual community such as ours.

Question is, how can we verify these claims if we would rather divert money for research, frustrate the intelligent, diligent students?

How does a university that has been on strike for months-on-end focus on a topic, carry-out diligent research, debate findings and reach a logical conclusion?

We deserve what we get because such is the way we've laid our bed. sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons You Are More Attractive to Mosquitoes Than Your Neighbors / Use Loving Care Body Lotion To Get Rid Of That Spots On Your Skin And Children / Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu Bags WHO Appointment As Assistant DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.