Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,222 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained (1740 Views)

Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings / Moses Wrote The Book Of Deuteronomy. But Did He Also Write Chapter 34? / Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Rhymeyjohn: 12:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
This post was in response to someone comment, am starting a thread with it because we (sincere christians)all have something to learn and share from it.
I personally believe the problem (about the issue of trouser or not for a christian lady) is knowing what a man's clothing is and a woman's clothing, and if it is dependent on culture or not. That would solve the whole issue. I know for sure that no Nigerian tribe ever had their women wearing trousers.
Candour: I love this trouser or no trouser for ladies discussion because it exposes the underbelly of the hypocricy of the modern church and would help a sincere seeker of grace and salvation find the truth.
NO. you hardly see modern churches that preach againt it, and those who preach against it do so on the premise of sincerely seeking grace and truth that leads to heaven, afterall, they don't preach against it to take anybody to hell.

The anti female trouser brigade readily quote this verse

Deuteronomy 22:5 KJV
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

But how faithful are they to this verse below?

Deuteronomy 22:11 KJV
Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

What about the farm owners who speak against females wearing trousers? Do they also take heed to this verse?

Deuteronomy 22:9 KJV
Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.
maybe you need to dig more into scrpitures, you may be sincerly wrong, may God enlighten us. Deut22:5 ends with, "for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God." None of the other verses you quoted (9,11) makes an isrealite an abomination to his God like a man putting on that which pertaineth to a woman- AGREE?
Cross referencing scripture shows us how God sees abomination.
Prov 15:8
8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight. Obviously, a sinner is wicked, and the wicked is an abomination to God, this follows that- Deuteronomy 22:5 KJV
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God -that is are wicked, sinners. check the opposite of it in prov15:8-the prayer of the upright - such people dont do abominable things.
prov15:9 explains better.
9 The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but (opposite of a wicked abominable person)he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.
Any one who wears that which pertaineth to the opposite sex according to Deut22:5 is ABOMINABLE AND WICKED, AND IS NOT UPRIGHT NEITHER IS HE/SHE FOLLOWING AFTER RIGHTEOUSNESS(according to prov15:8,9) AGREE?
Whats the end of the abominable? HELL FIRE/LAKE OF FIRE.
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God
Rev 21:8
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Further, the bible didnt mince words and emphasises the issue of abomination and its end.
Rev 21:27
And there shall in no wise enter into it [i.e heaven] any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
KJV
I guess the Bible stand is clear for a sincere seeker.
Is wearing that which pertaineth to the opposite sex(deut 22:5) a sin? Doing abomination is obviously a sin, check that it is always mentioned in connection to other sins- Rev 21:8

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, ......
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie .....
Bible also mentions it with wickedness,pride, lieing, murder and many other atrocities.prov6:16-19, 8:7,16:5,12. Obviously, birds of the same feather flock together.
After Reading all these, whats your decision, to still keep living an abominable life, or to make a change. I may look dificcult, but ask for grace, and you will receive. Remenber, " And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. Matt 11:12
KJV. By God's grace, all sincere folks will not miss Heaven in Jesus name.
Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Rhymeyjohn: 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them John13:17. God Bless
Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by espirito(m): 1:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
My broda I understand dat ur motives are good n ur zeal is keen but we need understanding(great insight) to rightly divide dis truths. The question is 'what was d purpose for that commandment n which group of pple was it given to?' . Secondly, under what dispensation are we now in? (old or new), do you observe the sabbath?.... Thirdly, who said trousers were exclusively for d male, was it God dat designed trousers n instructed females not to wear it?. Talking bout cultures, are u saying females whose culture permit trousers are justified as against those whose culture don't?.... Lastly, we d church should stop making God look like an archaic being who is out of touch with the times. God is the God of the old n d new n we are in d dispensation of the new, so all those 700+ laws including all the thou shall nots have bin compressed into d law of love cuz d law was supposed to teach us how to love God n our neigbhours if we truly were able to fulfil it but they obviously couldn't n so one Man had to come along n fulfil d righteous demands of the law after which he paid d price for our lawlessness for all time, ushering us into a new dispensation of grace n righteousness by faith in his own good works not ours. So stop trying to put new wine in old wineskin cuz both d wine n d wineskin will b lost. A word is enough for the wise.. Read Gal. 5

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Candour(m): 1:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: I personally believe the problem is knowing what a man's clothing is and a waoman's clothing is, and if it is dependent on culture or not. That would solve the whole issue.

So If its dependent on culture, The indian woman, the scottish man, the Arab woman to name a few do nothing wrong with their dressing right? why then blanket condemnation from almost all so called holiness churches? i'm sure you can name some of these ministries yourself right?

NO. you hardly see modern churches that preach againt it, and those who preach agaainst it do so on the premise of sincerly seeking grace and truth that leads to heaven, afterall, they don't preach against it to take anybody to hell.

Of course the modern churches in their gaiety would not preach it as it would affect their numbers. So some of them encourage women not to wear it when they are working in church but can wear it to school, work etc. If that is not hypocrisy, tell me what is

maybe you need to dig more into scrpitures, you may be sincerly wrong, may God enlighten us. Deut22:5 ends with, "for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God." None of the other verses you quoted (9,11) makes an isrealite an abomination to his God like a man putting on that which pertaineth to a woman- AGREE?
Cross referencing scripture shows us how God sees abomination.
Prov 15:8
8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight. Obviously, a sinner is wicked, and the wicked is an abomination to God, this follows that- Deuteronomy 22:5 KJV
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God -that is are wicked, sinners. check the opposite of it in prov15:8-the prayer of the upright - such people dont do abominable things.
prov15:9 explains better.
9 The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but (opposite of a wicked abominable person)he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.
Any one who wears that which pertaineth to the opposite sex according to Deut22:5 is ABOMINABLE AND WICKED, AND IS NOT UPRIGHT NEITHER IS HE/SHE FOLLOWING AFTER RIGHTEOUSNESS(according to prov15:8,9) AGREE?
Whats the end of the abominable? HELL FIRE/LAKE OF FIRE.
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God
Rev 21:8
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Further, the bible didnt mince words and emphasises the issue of abomination and its end.
And there shall in no wise enter into it [i.e heaven] any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
KJV
I guess the Bible stand is clear for a sincere seeker.
Is wearing that which pertaineth to the opposite sex(deut 22:5) a sin? Doing abomination is obviously a sin, check that it is always mentioned in connection to other sins- Rev 21:8

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, ......
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie .....
Bible also mentions it with wickedness,pride, lieing, murder and many other atrocities.prov6:16-19, 8:7,16:5,12. Obviously, birds of the same feather flock together.
After Reading all these, whats your decision, to still keep living an abominable life, or to make a change. I may look dificcult, but ask for grace, and you will receive. Remenber, " And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. Matt 11:12
KJV. By God's grace, all sincere folks will not miss Heaven in Jesus name.

My dear brother, this is very selective and biased interpretation

see the verses again. pls pay attention to the bolded portions

Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.

So you mean i should avoid anywhere God said abomination, but even if he said thou shalt not or calls a particular action defiled, i can ignore?

My bro, this your explanation does not hold up AT ALL.

Infact, see one of the verses you quoted

can you see that God doesn't also like things that are defiled?

The only reason why i'm free from all these rules, regulations and ordinances of the Torah is the finished work on the cross of Calvary.

Rom 10:4
'For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth'

Not because abomination was not used to describe some of them

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Rhymeyjohn: 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
^^^^Candour is fighting an emotional counter attack, please dont get angry at me sir, pleeeaaassssse. Bless you.
Candour Deuteronomy 22:9 KJV
The bold means the fruit of thy seeds and vineyard will be defiled. Am i correct sir?

Infact, see one of the verses you quoted

Rev21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it....., i.e only humans can enter heaven, not vineyard nor seeds, nor an innaminate thing?
Deuteronomy 22:9,.........lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled (not human/man), Rev21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it [i.e heaven] any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.note it didnt say the fruit of thy seeds and vineyard will be defiled, seeds and vineyard dont get to heaven
can you see that God doesn't also like things that are defiled?
Prove with scripture, Rev21:27 says defiled folks will enter heaven not about God's likeness, Remenber, but only defiled humans/mankind will not enter heaven not defiled seeds nor vineyards God bless.
Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Candour(m): 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: ^^^^Candor is fighting an emotional counter attack, please dont get angry at me sir, pleeeaaassssse. Bless you.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Really?? You could decipher anger in my reply?

Men, I troway salute for your psychoanalitic skills o. grin

I hope you're simply joking anyway otherwise, be bold enough to admit you have nothing else to say instead of this childish attempt to sidestep the issue.
Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Candour(m): 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rhymeyjohn:
The bold means the fruit of thy seeds and vineyard will be defiled. Am i correct sir?
Rev21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it....., i.e only humans can enter heaven, not vineyard nor seeds, nor an innaminate thing?
Deuteronomy 22:9,.........lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled (not human/man),Rev21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it [i.e heaven] any thing that [b]defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.note it didnt say the fruit of thy seeds and vineyard will be defiled, seeds and vineyard dont get to heaven
YES, but only defiled humans/mankind will not enter heaven not defiled seeds nor vineyards God bless.

If the seeds of the field are defiled, and you eat it what does that make you?

Once again see these verses you pretended not to see

Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: l[b]est the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.[/b]

These are verses in the same chapter you picked verse 5 from. God said thou shalt not. Do you obey them?
Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Rhymeyjohn: 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
Truth is bitter and people set up weakling arguments in emotional tones to defend their dogma. Sound doctrine is not popular, so i dont expect many people to love it, surely going to cost something. Over 1.2billion muslims, so what? about 1billion catholics, and then? Since bible days till now, God has never moved with the majority. Let all men be lairs and God true. Sound doctrine will never be popular, because the carnal man cannot please God. God Bless.
Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Candour(m): 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Truth is bitter and people set up weakling arguments in emotional tones to defend their dogma. Sound doctrine is not popular, so i dont expect many people to love it, surely going to cost something. Over 1.2billion muslims, so what? about 1billion catholics, and then? Since bible days till now, God has never moved with the majority. Let all men be lairs and God true. Sound doctrine will never be popular, because the carnal man cannot please God. God Bless.

You're very right. Sound doctrine WILL NEVER BE POPULAR. I wish all these our mega churches will hear you and reconsider that having a crowd of worshipers or having plenty money, materials and resources doesn't translate into being approved by God.

God almighty knows those that are his and very narrow is the way to life and few there be that locate it is the statement made by the master himself.

God bless you.
Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Rhymeyjohn: 9:49am On Dec 06, 2013
^^^ excately candour, i agree 100percent with you. May God grant us grace, to stand alone with truth sometimes looks difficult, but one with God is majority. God Bless.
Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Candour(m): 9:56am On Dec 06, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: ^^^ excately candour, i agree 100percent with you. May God grant us grace, to stand alone with truth sometimes looks difficult, but one with God is majority. God Bless.

I say amen brother.

God bless you too
Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Mcoldsoja(m): 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
My ogas, mek una no vex o. Abeg, shey Jesus wear trouser?
Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
the truth is always oppossed and least obeyed and accepted..hmmm

God have mecy.
Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Rhymeyjohn: 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
Those who preach against it do so on the premise of sincerely seeking grace and truth that leads to heaven, afterall, they don't preach against it to take anybody to hell.
Re: Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained by Rhymeyjohn: 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
`

(1) (Reply)

Prophet T.B Joshua's FULL New Year's Prophecy Revealed / Atheists And Pride! / Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.