Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. (1748 Views)

Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / Photo: Church Collects Offering With POS Machines...lwkmd / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Alexk2(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
It was two sundays ago during sunday school service that this questn came on from me..
The teacher was reading the manual @ a time and he mention using of left hand to drop offering as one of the ways pple dishonour God without giving any biblical reference.....gbam, my hand was up almost immediately and i then i ask....what makes it a sin to drop the offering with the left hand?
I wasnt satisfied with the answers given @ all because nobody was able to point to any biblical reference....and i can't relate with those explainatns as some of it raise more questns within me but no time.

because of the nature of the topic, i've decided to bring it here for discussn and possible resolution. fellow children of God on nairaland, itz over to you....whats you take on that, pls?

pls., athiests and non-christians, no insults or derailing on this thread...thanks
Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
Is it written in the bible ?
Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by BodyKiss(m): 9:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
Whatever that faults the use of ones brain, needs to be questioned.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Kingmee: 10:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
hmmm...interesting topic!
most pple just trasfer there cultural beliefs into Christianity without checking it up from the bible...itz possible that 60% or more Christians might have believed this to be a sin already without questn....this is a wake up call, pals...letz be familiar with our bibles.
to me, the answer is NO NO(nt a sin) as the bible never discriminate against the left hand; it was given same power just like out right hand.

mods, pls move this to fp and let every christains on nl learn.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Donfamous(m): 12:15am On Sep 28, 2014
Christianity can be traced to morality at times, respect in d house of God is very important.
Some myt term DAT as arrogance y u see it as nothing, but I'll advice u, to just be conscious and put ur God in place of ur boss(even though ur God is greater) , u just AV to be morally inclined shallom.
Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 28, 2014
If You Drop Twice Offering With The Left Hand, Then We'll Really Have A Problem cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Sanchez01: 3:50am On Sep 28, 2014
It is not stated in the Scriptures whether to use one's left or right hand. The problem here is moral. We believe we give to God when we give our offerings, particularly when it requires a basket and well conducted by the Pastor in Charge.

Here is the code: If you were to give to an elder, would you do so with your left or right hand?

Say your pastor asked you to help him pass his Sunday school manual during a class, would you do so with your left hand?

Our parents; imagine being sent on errand and you hand over the content with your left, what do you think the reaction from them would be?

In summary, there is a problem when we conveniently do to God the things we cannot do to men. Giving to God using one's left hand is an act of disrespect.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Kingmee: 6:17am On Sep 28, 2014
Sanchez01
It is not stated in the Scriptures whether to use
one's left or right hand. The problem here is moral. We believe we give
to God when we give our offerings, particularly when it requires a
basket and well conducted by the Pastor in Charge.

Here is the code: If you were to give to an elder, would you do so with
your left or right hand?

Say your pastor asked you to help him pass his Sunday school manual
during a class, would you do so with your left hand?

Our parents; imagine being sent on errand and you hand over the content
with your left, what do you think the reaction from them would be?

In summary, there is a problem when we conveniently do to God the things
we cannot do to men. Giving to God using one's left hand is an act of
disrespect.

can you please explain the rational behind what makes it a disrespect to man?...why did man frown @ that move in the first place?....my bro., if you check very well, you'll find out itz rooted in adolatary believe/superstition which the bible clearly frowns at...
should we now be elevating culture above the teachings of the bible?
Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 28, 2014
Sanchez01: It is not stated in the Scriptures whether to use one's left or right hand. The problem here is moral. We believe we give to God when we give our offerings, particularly when it requires a basket and well conducted by the Pastor in Charge.

Here is the code: If you were to give to an elder, would you do so with your left or right hand?

Say your pastor asked you to help him pass his Sunday school manual during a class, would you do so with your left hand?

Our parents; imagine being sent on errand and you hand over the content with your left, what do you think the reaction from them would be?

In summary, there is a problem when we conveniently do to God the things we cannot do to men. Giving to God using one's left hand is an act of disrespect.
Good one bro. And let me add, if dropping offering with the left hand is a controversial,then I suggest you stick with right. No use going to hell because of dropping with left. My thoughts and humble opinion. Shalom
Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Sanchez01: 7:08am On Sep 28, 2014
Kingmee:

can you please explain the rational behind what makes it a disrespect to man?...why did man frown @ that move in the first place?....my bro., if you check very well, you'll find out itz rooted in adolatary believe/superstition which the bible clearly frowns at...
should we now be elevating culture above the teachings of the bible?
It is not affiliated with idolatry/superstition. It is common logic; the left hand does the disgustting things related to the body whereas the right is treated as the decent one. The left hand is believed to be the 'bad boy' because it is responsible for co-ordinating certain tasks I would not want to mention. Therefore, engaging that same 'filthy' hand in 'decent' day-to-day activities is a sign of filth on the user and also an act of gross indiscipline. People who do this are seen as uncouth. This is logic at work. You cannot engage it in public, even the left-handed folks are served and tongue lashed in public. This explains why the left hand is 'silent' in gatherings. And please, do not question it beyond this; it has been from time immemorial.
Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Sanchez01: 7:47am On Sep 28, 2014
taiwoawoniyi: Good one bro. And let me add, if dropping offering with the left hand is a controversial,then I suggest you stick with right. No use going to hell because of dropping with left. My thoughts and humble opinion. Shalom
Abi o. I see no reason why we should make fuss over this.

Shalom!
Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by mumumugu(m): 8:25am On Sep 28, 2014
God na ur mate?

The bible senior u. Give am respect
Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 28, 2014
Why is it that most people try living with the standard created by fellow man.

Is it written in the Bible,if no,use your brain.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Kingmee: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
Sanchez01
It is not affiliated with idolatry/superstition. It is common logic; the
left hand does the disgustting things related to the body whereas the
right is treated as the decent one. The left hand is believed to be the
'bad boy' because it is responsible for co-ordinating certain tasks I
would not want to mention. Therefore, engaging that same 'filthy' hand
in 'decent' day-to-day activities is a sign of filth on the user and
also an act of gross indiscipline. People who do this are seen as
uncouth. This is logic at work. You cannot engage it in public, even the
left-handed folks are served and tongue lashed in public. This explains
why the left hand is 'silent' in gatherings. And please, do not
question it beyond this; it has been from time immemorial.

[/quote]
wow!..nyc write up. you talk abt logic, reasoning and believe....pls., can you apply same logic to to a person using left hand?...what if you are lefthanded, bro?...
lefthanded pple are created by God just lyk dat..it wasnt learnt but there brain dictates it so. Are seriously telling us that something is wrong with them?
Bro., we have a culture/traditn that have discriminated, harrased, debased and insulted lefthanded pple and i'm saying itz ungodly and unbiblical and u re saying we shouldnt questn such culture and tradtn...and to even think we are raising such culture above the bible is uncall for, pls.
think well, bro.
Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Alexk2(m): 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
I'm lefthanded and i'm a very proud one
indeed. I grew up in a society that bash, insult, discriminate and abuse
lefthanded pple from childhood and i'm no exemption. When i was
teenager, i suffered from low self-esteem just coz of that untill i
researched abt lefthanded pple...If you are like me, you are a special
creation of God. The major functional part of ur brain is located on d
right sight...but for right handed pple, theirs is on the left syd.
Lefthanded pple arent abnrmal or evil or cursed, pls...let everybody get
dat ryt!

God created us as he created righthanded pple and they are never better
than us...same power lies in the right and left hand.

yes, our culture and tradition taught us something else but for Christ
sake, itz nt biblical to attach wrong thing to the left hand...and letz
nt try to raise culture abv d bible....i'm still waiting for any
biblical explainatn to tell me otherwise sha...untill then, i remain
resolute.
seun, r231 , mynd44 , Freiburger,
Afam4eva , Ikenna351 , OAM4J ... Hope this gets to the frontpage tommorow.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Kingmee: 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
mumumugu:
God na ur mate?

The bible senior u. Give am respect

bros., i want to understand you with respect to the topic but i cant...pls., explain ur point.
Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by alooranka: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2022
I just want to ask them a simple question and I believe your answer gives you a clue about your relationship with God almighty, the king of kings and Lord of lords.

Now the question: If you are invited to meet the king of England and you are designated to present him with a gift, which of your hands will you use?
Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Maynman: 7:49pm On Sep 26, 2022
Sanchez01:

It is not affiliated with idolatry/superstition. It is common logic; the left hand does the disgustting things related to the body whereas the right is treated as the decent one. The left hand is believed to be the 'bad boy' because it is responsible for co-ordinating certain tasks I would not want to mention. Therefore, engaging that same 'filthy' hand in 'decent' day-to-day activities is a sign of filth on the user and also an act of gross indiscipline. People who do this are seen as uncouth. This is logic at work. You cannot engage it in public, even the left-handed folks are served and tongue lashed in public. This explains why the left hand is 'silent' in gatherings. And please, do not question it beyond this; it has been from time immemorial.

Rubbish.
You should research on how majority of the world became right handed.
Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Sanchez01: 1:02am On Sep 27, 2022
Maynman:

Rubbish.
You should research on how majority of the world became right handed.
And who gives a flying fvck about your opinion and research of the world?
Re: Is It A Sin To Drop Once Offering With The Left Hand?...lets Talk Bible, Pls. by Maynman: 6:43am On Sep 27, 2022
Sanchez01:

And who gives a flying fvck about your opinion and research of the world?

Who gives a crawling fvch about your ignorant and false assumptions too?

(1) (Reply)

Another Side Of Islam / Checkout This Epic Throwback Pic Of Bishop Oyedepo & Late Bishop Benson Idahosa / Hi Nairalanders, I'm Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.