Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? (46207 Views)

[] / How To Opt Out Of Any MTN Subscription Deducting Your Airtime / New Mtn Free Browsing Settings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by pespes: 1:00am On Jun 17, 2006
pls oluwizard and all other members pls help  me i need  a way out of this mtn sim thing cos i depend solely on it for browsing i know there is a way out to still browse.

pls you geniuses here i need you to help me out here , i reall y wann browse for free.you guys a way out pleasee,
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by drogba(m): 8:54am On Jun 17, 2006
Well, there's a way out, i just stumbled accross a new APN that works & i'm not sharing cos you guys will probably go about spreading the info around without keeping your mouth shut till MTN blocks it again. i'm not prepared to take the risk this time, sorry.

1 Like

Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by drogba(m): 8:55am On Jun 17, 2006
Well, there's a way out, i just stumbled across a new APN that works & i'm not sharing cos you guys will probably go about spreading the info around without keeping your mouth shut till MTN blocks it again. i'm not prepared to take the risk this time, sorry.
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by ibrahim(m): 10:36am On Jun 17, 2006
Drogba i de my knees ontop gravel ontop fire de open mouth wide de ask u,no de beg u OW I GO TAKE DE BROWSE WIT MTN as u do now!I understand ur fears but even if na hint cos free gprs don cut my internet bills well well o!Na fire i de de beg o :-)
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by pespes: 11:40pm On Jun 18, 2006
drogba if you read the post you will find out that i was against the public posting, pls send me your phone number or email addy pls i beg you in the name of God pls pls pls God will send you a helper to.
my email address is osgaa2001@yahoo.com
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by earthrealm(m): 2:45pm On Jul 04, 2006
yep, plssssssssssssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz send me info on what 2 do, i wanna browse free too.my email is problem_occuring@yahoo.com
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by lukkie(m): 4:27pm On Jul 04, 2006
drogba i'll advise u 2 be careful. u dont know who is an MTN guy here.
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by Bilspop(m): 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2006
U guys need to be careful. Drogba, if u feel like helping, open a new free e-mail and send them d APN and you guys shouldnt spread it. The ones with have stopped working. Maybe if i get my hand on another way
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by ibrahim(m): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2006
c my email address xtoper2000@yahoo.co.uk,i don de beg tire!anyone of una make e help me o!
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by Ezee(m): 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2006
Drogba,
Are you a footballer? your name sounds like one.

Yeah Actually they have blocked the one i was using before too. i am desperate in getting a new one APN which i can use for browsing. i really know how difficult it will be for u to release this cos you dont know who may be MTN spy on this forum. but i know i am not one and i am really in need of this stuff. you should try and and get this to me on ezeed14u@yahoo.com .
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by oluwizard(m): 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2006
@ NL member use M-tel line is free.
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by ibrahim(m): 10:51am On Jul 08, 2006
wats d settings 4 mtel n is it workin right now
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by ibrahim(m): 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2006
lukkie n bilspop make una help 4 mtn gprs na,i don put up my email address!abeg
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by oluwizard(m): 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2006
ibrahim:

wats d settings 4 mtel n is it workin right now

check here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-2055.0.html
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by lukkie(m): 1:21am On Jul 09, 2006
Ibrahim i dont av any workin MTN access point right now but Vmobile is still free & its more reliale than it used to be. Cheers.
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by mosho4all(m): 12:36pm On Jul 09, 2006
Hello Guy
How do u do the vmobile configuration to you pc because i have been trying to do that with my Bluetooth Adapter so i cannot get the access but get give me a clue about it.
thanks
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by Fdeveloper(m): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2006
In my experience, I have never come across a GPRS deployment with multiple APNs so whilst for example until recently it was possible to browse with a deactivated SIM for free, that has nothing to do with an alternative APN.

Perhaps I stand to be corrected, but as far as I know, each operator only has one APN to access their GPRS network and I would be interested if anyone can conclusively prove that alternative ones which have subsequently been disabled ever existed.
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by lukkie(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2006
Fdev i think Vmobile's case is quite peculiar. They have wap.vmobile which every1 uses for wap access. There is also internet.vmobile for web access (thru ur PC). Unfortunately the latter was not provisioned for most people's SIMs. People who use it claim it's faster than d WAP AP. There's another thread on d "Phones" page. (Connectin Vmobile or somethin) Check it out & c Drogba's comments there.
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by Fdeveloper(m): 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2006
I take your point, but WAP access is not the same as GPRS access (the latter of which is very much faster) so the relevant APNs are not providing access to the same thing. All the operators provide both WAP & GPRS and that is certainly the case that all the operators did not initially charge for GPRS access during their respective trial periods but I believe only Vmobile is currently providing free access and I'm sure that it won't last very much longer.

In conclusion, I still don't believe that's it's correct to say that an operator has "blocked" particular APN as it's highly unlikely that any operator would have multiple concurrent APNs to the same service.
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by lukkie(m): 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2006
@Fdeveloper
i think you have a lot of research to do. stop comparing WAP and GPRS. WAP is the protocol (Wireless Application Protocol - which most mobile phones use to browse the net) while GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) is the platform. the other platform Vmobile has is CSD (Circuit Switched Data) and am sure no one is talking about that here.
and yes, Vmobile can have 2 APNs. 1 for WAP access and the other for HTML - for people who want to browse on their PC using their phones as modems. of course HTML people will generate a lot of traffic compared to WAP phones. so it's better to have a separate APN 'cos of congestion issues. infact i'm suspecting they temporarily blocked the activation of that internet.vmobile APN 'cos of people like us who download endlessly.

if you still aren't convinced, check this link - http://www.filesaveas.com/gprs.html
u'll discover that most of the UK telcos have separate APNs for Pay-As-You-Go and CONTRACT subscribers. this is obviously for different reasons but it effectively rules out your assumption that a telco cant have 2 APNs for the same service.

and of course they can temporarily/permanently block an APN if they think its not serving their purpose any longer. PLS do a little reading on networking.
cheers.
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by Fdeveloper(m): 10:31am On Jul 11, 2006
@lukkie, I stand corrected and thanks for clarifying the CSD issue.

Re the number of APNs, the point I'm trying to make is that to the best of my knowledge, Vmobile has never had 2 APNs for WAP access concurrently available to prepaid subscribers for example.

With reference to your example about the UK operators, the fact is that a prepaid subscriber only has access to the prepaid APN so as far as that subscriber is concerned, there is only one APN for his/her access to the network and that is the point I was trying to make.
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by lukkie(m): 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2006
oh i appreciate u understand my explanation. we all learn everyday. but i think we have to take those people's word for it. we can even ask them to come out and explain how they use such extra APNs.
so, fellow nairalnders, could u confirm the intenet.vmobile APN for us PLS?
@Drogba pls sort this out for us.
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by drogba(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2006
Most networks have both wap & full internet APN which both operate on the gprs platform. Most times, the full internet option is offered to contract or post-paid subscribers while the wap only settings is offered for pre-paid, but you see, Vmobile's case is pretty unique, they have the full internet option which was meant for post-paid subs but was accidentally activated on some pre-paid lines, therefore, some guys like me have both the full internet & wap APN which i alternate regularly.
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by lukkie(m): 12:02am On Jul 13, 2006
perfect! thanks drogba.
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by Kolotus(m): 12:47pm On Mar 19, 2007
drogba i dey beg u plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.mtn dey eat my money.i wil reali lol if can connect mi thru dis email, kolo_show@yahoo.com.
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by raham4real(m): 7:48pm On Mar 19, 2007
Drogba plz i'b needin dat Apn 2,mtn done rly sufer me, ma email-raham240hy@yahoo.com,b xpectant,tanx
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by gibby(m): 8:56pm On Mar 19, 2007
I had of some people using mtn virtual private network {VPN} is it not possible for this people to have a private user name and password or a personal apn?
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by gibby(m): 9:05pm On Mar 19, 2007
I believe if research work is properly made we can derive an active apn or user name and password that will sail us across. smiley[color=#990000][/color]

Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by bimbor(m): 9:08am On Mar 20, 2007
@drogba pls could u send me the mtn free browsing APN,my address is: abimbola_ak@yahoo.com,thanks.
Fdeveloper,to u,pls can u shed more light on d possibility of browsing with a deactivated say 4 instance Vmobile sim?
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by eunisam: 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2007
@drogba, I wonder why drogba like to give people HBP for what he does not know. since you have found a new APN that browses free why can't you at least shear with some body.

I heared you thanking one mr man who just gave Mtel gprs setting.yet you want to die with your so claimed mtn APN browse free syndrom.

okay browse alone and enjoy alone mr.mtn browse free.

Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by cutetotalk: 12:47am On Mar 26, 2007
drogba:

Most networks have both wap & full internet APN which both operate on the gprs platform. Most times, the full internet option is offered to contract or post-paid subscribers while the wap only settings is offered for pre-paid, but you see, Vmobile's case is pretty unique, they have the full internet option which was meant for post-paid subs but was accidentally activated on some pre-paid lines, therefore, some guys like me have both the full internet & wap APN which i alternate regularly.

Have u bought hummer Jeep upon hoarding the Hacks?
Re: Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? by darkjackal(m): 10:36am On Mar 26, 2007
hello i think mtn deserve this because the way they eat my credit i am not happy since my money goes and download fails.i think i am intrested mail me darksailor2u@yahoo.com thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

How Do I Download Opera Mini To My Nokia 3110c / MTN Just Gave Me N5000 Airtime / Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.