Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

The Will To Live - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Will To Live (379 Views)

Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? / If You Had A Chance To Live In The Biblical Times; Who Would You Be? / Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Will To Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
Millions of people spend dozens of hours each week watching dead people on TV. From Elvis to Lucy to Jimmy Stewart, the faces of folks who no longer exist entertain us. Time not only snatched their looks, it snatched their lives. Today, good-looking Hollywood stars are making movies so that tomorrow’s generation can also pass the time by watching dead people on TV. Time makes today tomorrow’s memory. Each weekend seems to pass us by like blurred telephone poles flashing past the window of the speeding train of life.

If I purchased a new car and saw in the owner’s manual that it had a certain type of engine, I shouldn't be surprised to lift the hood and find the engine to be exactly as the manual stated. The maker’s handbook gives me insight into the unseen workings of the vehicle. This is also true with human beings.

The Maker’s manual tells us how each of us thinks and why we react the way we do. It lifts the hood and reveals the inner workings of homo sapiens. In doing so, the Bible discloses an often-overlooked tool that we can use to reach the lost. That tool is the sinner’s will to live. Every Sane human being has a dread of death (see Hebrews 2:15). He doesn't want to die. He sits wide-eyed, staring out the window of the speeding train watching life pass him by. Get off the train, and get an afterlife. See -->>> www.needGod.com for details.

"Whereas you know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appears for a little time, and then vanishes away" (James 4:14) The Evidence Bible.
Re: The Will To Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
My train will take me into the presence of God and for those of us trusting in our Lord Jesus Christ, death has been defeated. But the train of the unregenerated will take them to horrific disaster. Their end will be eternal hell. In the light of such terrible thoughts, all my activities outside of warning the world of their destination seem trivial.

(1) (Reply)

Is The KJV Bible Still Used In Your Church? / Spiritual Digest For The Day 11th Of December 2013 / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.