Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? (4474 Views)

Photo: Would You Let Your Pregnant Wife Go Clubbing Dressed Like This? / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) / Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hello Men in the house.

1. Do you let your wife know how much you earn or income?
Yes or No

2. Do you think its ideal to let your wife know how much your income/earn?
state your reasons and why

Men generally are always keen to know how the wife earns I think that's ok.

As for ladies.

1. Do you know how much your husband earns?

2. Do you think its ideal for your husband to let you know how much he earns/income?

State your reasons and why.

Those who are not married too can comment and say their own opinions.
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
I will start

As for me

I would want my wife to know how much earn/income?
If I would disclose only 70% as my salary so that she won't start monitoring how I spend my cash or let say she's demanding and I said I don't much and she will be like what are u using ur money to do lool, I think if ur wife knows aw much u earn in total she want to start demanding for more, he's has money give me lool

This would give room for transperancy I guess and in order not exceed budget limit and we can also plan together.
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Pacify: 11:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
I don't see any reason why I should tell my wife I much I earn. I wouldn't wanna lie to her nor pose a half truth lest she starts to monitor me and make some selfish demands. I would rather leave it the way it currently is.
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 05, 2013
Pple that don't know what d definition of marriage is.
I hope the wife will disclose how much she is earning to u too or wouldn't u want her to.
State ur reasons if u don't want her to disclose her income to u and
Will she still disclose it if she earns higher than u?

1 Like

Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by greatgod2012(f): 3:51am On Dec 05, 2013
It starts from the foundation, from those saying if their wives know what they are earning, their wives would start making unneessary demands, does that mean you dont know or trust what your wife can do , why did you marry a woman you cant be opened to? Why did you marry a woman that is not prudent? If your wife see this your comment, will she be happy with you.
A wise man builds his house on a rock, while the fools do not. Most things that you men do is part of why your wives may be behaving the way they do. If you decide not to let your wife know how much you earn, and your wife also decide such, how will you describe your marriage. To me personally, being completely opened to each other will save you a lot of stress and accrue so many advantages to you and doing otherwise certainly means you people are not in total unity. A wise man will even make his wife the custodian of his money, (that is if they aint operating joing account and joint spending), so that, the wife will already know the capacity and financial capability of the man, thus, preventing unnecessary demands.

However, to we ladies, please, let our impact be felt at home, let's put ourselves in the situation where our husbands will trust us, making unnecessary demands when we know that our men are financially bouyant will not let them trust us, and asking a full grown up man what he used his money for when our demands are not meant is completely unnecessary. Money is one of the major causes of conflict in a marriage, and if it is handled very well, it can be one of the causes of joy in a marriage. You work, i work, no one should be a burden on anyone, my opinion, please.
May God help us all.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
greatgod2012: It starts from the foundation, from those saying if their wives know what they are earning, their wives would start making unneessary demands, does that mean you dont know or trust what your wife can do , why did you marry a woman you cant be opened to? Why did you marry a woman that is not prudent? If your wife see this your comment, will she be happy with you.
A wise man builds his house on a rock, while the fools do not. Most things that you men do is part of why your wives may be behaving the way they do. If you decide not to let your wife know how much you earn, and your wife also decide such, how will you describe your marriage. To me personally, being completely opened to each other will save you a lot of stress and accrue so many advantages to you and doing otherwise certainly means you people are not in total unity. A wise man will even make his wife the custodian of his money, (that is if they aint operating joing account and joint spending), so that, the wife will already know the capacity and financial capability of the man, thus, preventing unnecessary demands.

However, to we ladies, please, let our impact be felt at home, let's put ourselves in the situation where our husbands will trust us, making unnecessary demands when we know that our men are financially bouyant will not let them trust us, and asking a full grown up man what he used his money for when our demands are not meant is completely unnecessary. Money is one of the major causes of conflict in a marriage, and if it is handled very well, it can be one of the causes of joy in a marriage. You work, i work, no one should be a burden on anyone, my opinion, please.
May God help us all.

Well said
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by EfemenaXY: 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
When the man (who incidentally is meant to be the head of his household), chooses to walk the path of lies and deceit by hiding his true earnings from his wife, he too shouldn't complain if she decides to do likewise...or start stashing away for a rainy day.

He shouldn't complain if she secretly builds a house behind his back because he's already built the foundation of their union on secrecy, lies and deceit. It works both ways.

1 Like

Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by teeyy: 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
Of course, I know how much my husband collects, I know the date its being paid, we both invest and plan around it, why should he hide anything from me, I even encourage him 2 invest, a good wife would be interested in the progress of his husband and the family, I don't see anything bad in showing ur wife ur payslip.
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by NadiaSA1(f): 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
He has to!!!
Or else I go vex angry angry

I'm his financial assistant
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
teeyy: Of course, I know how much my husband collects, I know the date its being paid, we both invest and plan around it, why should he hide anything from me, I even encourage him 2 invest, a good wife would be interested in the progress of his husband and the family, I don't see anything bad in showing ur wife ur payslip.

Wow! Cool u ve got a good hubby!

Not all men will want to disclose aw much they earn thou to their due their own reasons

But its a must! I must knw how much my wife earns
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nadia_SA1: He has to!!!

Ok

Efemena_xy: When the man (who incidentally is meant to be the head of his household), chooses to walk the path of lies and deceit by hiding his true earnings from his wife, he too shouldn't complain if she decides to do likewise...or start stashing away for a rainy day.

He shouldn't complain if she secretly builds a house behind his back because he's already built the foundation of their union on secrecy, lies and deceit. It works both ways.

I don't support u on this 1
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Pple that don't know what d definition of marriage is.
I hope the wife will disclose how much she is earning to u too or wouldn't u want her to.
State ur reasons if u don't want her to disclose her income to u and
Will she still disclose it if she earns higher than u?

She has to disclose it to me cos I'm in charge

It wouldn't bother me she earns higher than me as long as she's making me happy!
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
chaircover: Lol at the comments

If you marry the right woman, her knowing your actual worth is actually a good thing. She knows what not to ask for and she spends within your budget. She also knows where she can come in to help financially

It promotes unity between a couple and she feels more secure within the relationship which too has its own advantages and you are both reading from the same page.

God may I always be an asset and not a hindrance to my husband. Amen

Ok noted...

Right woman! cool
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Polio: 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
Never disclosed that to my wife ... Did disclose the pay package when i interviewed for my current job but since then i have had 3 pay rises so she doesn't know what i earn now and i don't need to say anything ... Everyone is happy grin
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Polio: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nadia_SA1: He has to!!!

Financial assistant of financial plunderer?! lol
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
Polio: Never disclosed that to my wife ... Did disclose the pay package when i interviewed for my current job but since then i have had 3 pay rises so she doesn't know what i earn now and i don't need to say anything ... Everyone is happy grin

Lol na so abi as long as u can provide for her needs and meet her expectation

So if I make billions I go tell my wifey say na 10 billion dey ma account

Haba! Habatically I don't a man would want to disclose having huge amount to his wife..

The wife might knows he's rich but not to know aw much he really earns!

I don't think it should bother d wifey
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
Not only know how much. Also signatory to the account. Everything 50-50.
The Lord is good !
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
Chillisauce: Not only know how much. Also signatory to the account. Everything 50-50.
The Lord is good !

What? :O

I believe a woman start knowing ur total income she start getting greedy
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
faakay:

What? :O

I believe a woman start knowing ur total income she start getting greedy

You believe. So what happens when she earns more than you, will u become greedy?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
Chillisauce:

You believe. So what happens when she earns more than you, will u become greedy?

Nope, generally I don't poke nose into peoples fund. I'm always satisfied with what I have.

If she earns more than me no big deal, but I should expect less demand...
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
^^^ Less demand from you or her? I'm sure you meant from you
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 07, 2013
Chillisauce: ^^^ Less demand from you or her? I'm sure you meant from you

I meant lesser demand from her. I would take care of her and do my responsibility

So I'm not expecting her to be less demanding atleast she getting bigger pay, it would cut cost for me and if she's willing to contribute I mean family expenses fine but if not I wouldn't be bothered as long as I'm capable...
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 3:49am On Dec 07, 2013
I know the salary at the start of the job but I don't keep up with the raises or promotions as the years gone by
I have too much to deal with than bother to know exactly what he earns
He does some work on the side and makes small change here and there,how will I know his total income
I have a general idea sha
This is no big deal
As long as we are taken care of,what's my own
It's when I see the tax papers at the end of the tax year that I know exactly what we made for the year
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Miner13: 8:47am On Dec 07, 2013
Chai!
How will reply this oooo.

I just remember i am not married

still remain small.

I dey com

i will reply when the time comes
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
Baby mama: I know the salary at the start of the job but I don't keep up with the raises or promotions as the years gone by
I have too much to deal with than bother to know exactly what he earns
He does some work on the side and makes small change here and there,how will I know his total income
I have a general idea sha
This is no big deal
As long as we are taken care of
,what's my own
It's when I see the tax papers at the end of the tax year that I know exactly what we made for the year
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by nwababy: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
For those that said they wouldn't let their wives no how much they earn, probably cos you earn more than your wife. Let me ask the men this question, what if your wife earns more than you; would you hide your salary frm her? + would you love it if she hides how much she earns?
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by EfemenaXY: 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
faakay:

I don't support u on this 1

I don't expect you to support me on this but to be aware that it can happen.

And yes, you won't support it because it hurts when the shoe's on the other foot, doesn't it? Talk about dishing out the pills but not being able to swallow your own medicine.
Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by dellyosh: 2:03pm On Dec 09, 2013
It's really no big deal if your wife knows how much you earn. my wife knows every kobo that comes in. Unfortunately, I was never good at saving but she's the expert at planning and saving. I would always go with my guts and buy things, but with her help, I am much better at the planning and saving stuff.

I also thought that borrowing was the only way I could get projects done. but with her involved in my finances, I've actually achieved more projects, and I'm actually debt free now. she truly is a blessing. if you have a blessing like that, there's no need to keep anything from her.

Afterall, she's the reason why I wake up at 6am and come back in at 8pm mon-fri.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? by bellong: 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
How will you marry someone you can't trust with everything in the first place? For marrying a lady you can't or don't trust shows that you already planned your home for failure from the beginning. The marriage is dead on arrival. If you can't trust your own good judgement before marrying someone, why would you marry in the first place? No matter what, truth will always prevail over lies and darkness.

That being said, I took my time before settling for my wife, I knew the decision to marry involves being opened about everything including money. She knows how much I earn and not only that, she has knows all my ATM pins. I did not marry a devil, why hide something from her?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See What My Dad Bought For #500k Yesterday. / DNA or Divorce: Is Now Important Since Some Women Are More Harmful Than Snakes / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.