Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? (5702 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? / Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by kibi(f): 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
I just want to know if its compulsory as some people don't have the gift of retentive memory in this regard.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Eve62(f): 9:24pm On Oct 30, 2014
kibi:
I just want to know if its compulsory as some people don't have the gift of retentive memory in this regard.

its actually necessary not to show you have retentive memory but for emergencies.

6 Likes

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by eunisam: 9:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
Not a must but necessary.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
kibi:

hmmmmm bush girl what is offhand? una go dey form fine and una nor get anytin for brain. correct word is 'off by heart' or 'by heart' the off is optiional. please learn. you dont have to thank me. you welcome already grin
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
I only read the title of the topic but yet I'm surprise.
Why? It doesn't make any sense...
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by kennynelcon(m): 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
If you don't someone else will.

5 Likes

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by bennyrazz: 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
if you don't know your spouse phone no offhand whose number do you want to know? your Ex or gateman's no? its a normal thing to know the numbers you frequently call always offhand. It might be your spouse, your colleague, your close family members, your close customers e.tc as I am now I know at least 4 phone no's offhand.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Eve62(f): 9:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
Wonderlands:

hmmmmm bush girl what is offhand? una go dey form fine and una nor get anytin for brain. correct word is 'off by heart' or 'by heart' the off is optiional. please learn. you dont have to thank me. you welcome already grin

Hw does dat answer her question? And BTW if u knw english u will knw dat it is either ''off hand'' or ''by heart'' and der's absolutely notin like ur ''off heart''. Hw will u knw wen u did nt even finish ur secondary education and u hv d guts 2 insult and correct.

9 Likes

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
Wonderlands:

Smh ................ITK!
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2014
I think it is necessary...........
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2014
Eve62:

Hw does dat answer her question? And BTW if u knw english u will knw dat it is either ''off hand'' or ''by heart'' and der's absolutely notin like ur ''off heart''. Hw will u knw wen u did nt even finish ur secondary education and u hv d guts 2 insult and correct.

it's either you have no brain or you can't make use of your brain
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Eve62(f): 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
Wonderlands:

it's either you have no brain or you can't make use of your brain

with ur brain u still had f9 in ur english subject(cos dey only use ''course'' in higher inst. and u er jst a drop-out). His holiness Guru wonderlands.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
Eve62:

with ur brain u still had f9 in ur english subject(cos dey only use ''course'' in higher inst. and u er jst a drop-out). His holiness Guru wonderlands.

atleast a drop out whose family is rich wealthy and living well. not like that gets f*cked everyday, na your mama give me f9 abi? grin
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Eve62(f): 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
Wonderlands:

atleast a drop out whose family is rich wealthy and living well. not like that gets f*cked everyday, na your mama give me f9 abi? grin

thanks 4 admitting being a drop-out and brag with ur own wealth not ur family's.

5 Likes

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
Wonderlands:

Dude, y did u insult her when you don't even know the correct saying? For Ur info, its either "by heart" or "ex tempo" which is "extemporize". Check a dictionary dude

2 Likes

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by aadetoyin(f): 10:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
In the days of call centers it was easier to memorize phone numbers but these days its harder cos u have his number on speed dial grin

Its not compulsory but good just incase of emergencies.

1 Like

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
Eve62:

thanks 4 admitting being a drop-out and brag with ur own wealth not ur family's.

grin whatever.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
Zedric:

Dude, y did u insult her when you don't even know the correct saying? For Ur info, its either "by heart" or "ex tempo" which is "extemporize". Check a dictionary dude

you nor really wise.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by gistmelove(m): 10:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hmmm see question ooo

i swear i didnt knw my wife fone num off head ooo

but will try to cram it tonite..

Incase of emergency is very important
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 31, 2014
Wonderlands:

you nor really wise.

N I'm not claiming to be unlike a certain someone
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Janet101(f): 9:01am On Oct 31, 2014
I think it's normal
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by DonTim1: 9:14am On Oct 31, 2014
Wait till d ex or new fling shows it as a proof of conscious concern.

Or when u run out of ba3 and u need to make dat life saving call.

I av ll my nuclear family no. Offhand nd som other folks that count.

If u find em worthy, u'll memorize dia num

Finally @OP, I believe u r married, litle tins like this matter, don't b nonchalant abt it.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Ranchhoddas: 9:16am On Oct 31, 2014
Wonderlands:

ignoramus,waste of school fees

1 Like

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by timbros(m): 10:48am On Oct 31, 2014
Wonderlands:

Stop making a fool of yourself in public Mr Man. The screenshot below is for you. BTW its from dictionary.com.

OP its very necessary. Like most people have said, in case of emergency. What if you are in a jam where, God forbid, your handbag containing everything is snatched from you? Or your battery is dead and you NEED to contact him? The list is endless.

Know your mate's number. Know how to drive. Its very important.

1 Like

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 31, 2014
timbros:

Stop making a fool of yourself in public Mr Man. The screenshot below is for you. BTW its from dictionary.com.

OP its very necessary. Like most people have said, in case of emergency. What if you are in a jam where, God forbid, your handbag containing everything is snatched from you? Or your battery is dead and you NEED to contact him? The list is endless.

Know your mate's number. Know how to drive. Its very important.

Did you go to school at all? dont you know the difference between offhand and off by the heart? take a look at the screenshot below.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 31, 2014
now please take a look at the meaning of 'offhand' know the difference between informal and formal for all those running their stinky mouths.

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by timbros(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
Wonderlands:

Did you go to school at all? dont you know the difference between offhand and off by the heart? take a look at the screenshot below.

No one said off by heart is wrong. However don't insult OP for using 'offhand'. Her expression is correct.

Learn how to make observations naturedly.

Even if she was wrong, read your comment again and tell me if you would like someone addressing/correcting you that way.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by timbros(m): 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
Wonderlands:
now please take a look at the meaning of 'offhand' know the difference between informal and formal for all those running their stinky mouths.

And there he goes again...

SMH
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by kibi(f): 6:44am On Nov 01, 2014
smiley Thanks for all your responses/advice. speed dial has really spoilt a lot of us..
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:52am On Nov 01, 2014
Must'..... No'
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
Its not compulsory ooo

But, hanhan, he is your husband now

How will you fEel when someone ask for your number in your presence, and he is like 'I don't know it offhand'....
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand? by kandiikane(m): 12:39am On Nov 02, 2014
kennynelcon:
If you don't someone else will.

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Child Marriage. / Settling After Marriage(advice) / Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.