Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari (36707 Views)

Mujahidat Daba Dokubo-Asari Calls Out OBJ, Gen. Danjuma In New Post / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by enoks(m): 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
I hated Asari dokubo, I hated Tompolo and all the soo called Niger delta war lords for everytin they represented until I did my NYSC in Bayelsa state..in d creeks the indegenes still live like the Mayans..if greed, actual fight for development or what ever reason that will give the indegenes a face lift I v learnt not to condemn their struggle.. before u condemn their struggle take a trip to their lands and ask urslf genuinely if humans deserve to live the way they do..if there is a word that spells a condition better than deplorable does than that's what it shud b called....Niger delta warriors keep the fight on

2 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
confusion247:
They are nor seeing the elephant because Asari called for disintegration of Hypocritical One Nigeria. You and I knew that northerners and their western slaves hates that word "disintegration" with passion.
split the damn country now! And tell your brothers to leave every inch of yoruba land
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Reference(m): 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
devour129: I think everything about Nigerian politics is cursed . Power was in the north for years,its still the poorest side of Nigeria .power moved to the nd,they haven't even dug a borehole with all the money allocated to them, I think power should go to the east then we know it has gone full cycle and only then it will dawn on us all how foolish we have been by putting ethnicity in what ever we do. Then we all go back to the draw board and marshal out a new Nigeria.

No!!! Power goes back to the north. Your theory is unacceptable. If power makes people poorer, weaker, villified then why should we struggle to get it....

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by alienware(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
truefact: All of you talking bla bla, the man is an Ijaw and the Oil is for them... I would rather my brother take over my father's wealth than a total stranger...

Can any of you talking bla bla now allow me come to your groundnut or cocoa farm to take as much as i want without putting up a fight.

It's evident what you all want is to keep the ND people poor so you can always ride on them and control them. You hate to see rich people who can challenge you coming up from the ND.

Even if the likes of Asari are not in ND, you people would have still do nothing for the people of ND.

Ok, come to think of it, WHAT WAS THE FATE OF THE ND, before the like of Asari sprang up?

You people are only angry because the ND now have people who can speak for them.

Remember Saro Wiwa, he was killed because he tried to challenge the likes of you. Also compare him to the rich people of that time, you would know he was among the poor of them.
what is this one saying ? All the resources found within Nigerian belongs to each an everyone of us.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
devour129: I think everything about Nigerian politics is cursed . Power was in the north for years,its still the poorest side of Nigeria .power moved to the nd,they haven't even dug a borehole with all the money allocated to them, I think power should go to the east then we know it has gone full cycle and only then it will dawn on us all how foolish we have been by putting ethnicity in what ever we do. Then we all go back to the draw board and marshal out a new Nigeria.
That is because of the way shameless thugs like Dokubo-Asari are feted and honoured. But I take your point wider point about deplorable level of basic infrastructure in many parts of Niger Delta. It shows government in those parts has become massive extortion and protection racket thanks in no small measure to those thuggish MEND bandits.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by DerideGull(m): 2:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
tensor777:
He is actually a liar a murderer and an armed robber who should be locked up in a cage.Instead of him to renounce his past criminality he is just talking garbage.

I do not know Dokubo’s past activities on earth but he was not talking all garbage in the alleged interview. There is no doubt culture plays a major role in molding a country with solid patriotic zeal. Lack of patriotism due to tribal bias is the major political tendonitis afflicted on Nigeria.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by HoldenCaulfield(m): 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
We The People Of Arewa Are Now Begining To Be Fed Up With All This Threats Of Dividing The Nation, Gej! Organize The Conference Lets Break! Eat Your Oil, We Are Tired Of All This We Are Not Afraid Of It No More. Haba! Think Of All Of This Workers In Our Companies, Banks, Hospitals, And Other Government Agencies Are Going To Be Replaced By Our People. Think Of The Vast Agricultural Land God Bestowed Onto Us, Think Of The All Those Mineral Deposits We Have Here In Arewa. And Who Told You That There Is No Oil In Arewa? Take Nijer Republic For Instance, We Now Mostly Use There Petrolem Products Here In Kano, Aren't The Largest Oil Fields Found In Desert Areas Of This World, Almost Every State Here In The North Has Different Resource That A Whole Country Can Stand On. We Are Saying It Boldly LETS BREAK AND SEE WHO WILL STARVE. Gej We Want You To Hold The Conference With The Every Intention Of Dividing This Country, And Make It Soon!

3 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Edygrin(m): 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
JulianBond007: including their leaders and people. They need total deliverance.
Judging by your words, you re the bastard that needs total deliverance

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Edygrin(m): 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
KIRIJI: split the damn country now! And tell your brothers to leave every inch of yoruba land
And whats so good about yoruba land?

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Ogbonaikenna(m): 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
olabukola: all seaport and airport in Yoruba nation belongs to us. Anything in ur region belongs to you. It's only oil that we sit and talk/negotiate how to share the revenue. National debt also will be shared. Since the north claims higher population they will get high share of the debt.
do we also share the cocoa and groundnut? Think before you type
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by DerideGull(m): 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
Aigbofa:

Deal with Dokubo Asari in order to claim Benin Republic? Are you talking of the same Benin where he was caged like a little birdie?
You make me laugh.

I am not surprised you bought into the orchestrated political shenanigans in Benin Republic which involved Dokubo Asari. Please wake from your deep slumber.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by paix(m): 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
Valour surpasses valour, but God is watching.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by rexbuton: 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
alienware: what is this one saying ? All the resources found within Nigerian belongs to each an everyone of us.
as Your region doesn't contribute anything, What do we gain from you? Noise?

2 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
DerideGull:
I do not know Dokubo’s past activities on earth but he was not talking all garbage in the alleged interview. There is no doubt culture plays a major role in molding a country with solid patriotic zeal. Lack of patriotism due to tribal bias is the major political tendonitis afflicted on Nigeria.
There is also downright criminality and shameless theivery as exhibited by the likes of Onanefe Ibori and Dokubo Asari. If it were just about tribalism the solution would be much easier to state.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
Edygrin:
And whats so good about yoruba land?
Ask thousands of your brothers who are presently at the motor park attempting to board the next vehicle to yorubaland

3 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
enoks: I hated Asari dokubo, I hated Tompolo and all the soo called Niger delta war lords for everytin they represented until I did my NYSC in Bayelsa state..in d creeks the indegenes still live like the Mayans..if greed, actual fight for development or what ever reason that will give the indegenes a face lift I v learnt not to condemn their struggle.. before u condemn their struggle take a trip to their lands and ask urslf genuinely if humans deserve to live the way they do..if there is a word that spells a condition better than deplorable does than that's what it shud b called....Niger delta warriors keep the fight on
Have you asked yourself what these people do with their allocation? I served in an Ijaw community where I saw poverty occasioned mainly by the greed of some privileged ones who appropriated what the whole community is supposed to enjoy. The Niger Deltan of which I happen to be one, though Itsekiri, should start asking their leaders questions. Asari Dokubo has built a university and has chains of businesses and houses, who has asked him how he got the money. Tompolo has a maritime school. I was in Kiagbodo, Burutu LGA, Delta State, and I saw the structures of the university Edwin Kiagbodo Clark was erecting. How did he come about the money in his 80s?

7 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Reference(m): 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
HoldenCaulfield: We The People Of Arewa Are Now Begining To Be Fed Up With All This Threats Of Dividing The Nation, Gej! Organize The Conference Lets Break! Eat Your Oil, We Are Tired Of All This We Are Not Afraid Of It No More. Haba! Think Of All Of This Workers In Our Companies, Banks, Hospitals, And Other Government Agencies Are Going To Be Replaced By Our People. Think Of The Vast Agricultural Land God Bestowed Onto Us, Think Of The All Those Mineral Deposits We Have Here In Arewa. And Who Told You That There Is No Oil In Arewa? Take Nijer Republic For Instance, We Now Mostly Use There Petrolem Products Here In Kano, Aren't The Largest Oil Fields Found In Desert Areas Of This World, Almost Every State Here In The North Has Different Resource That A Whole Country Can Stand On. We Are Saying It Boldly LETS BREAK AND SEE WHO WILL STARVE. Gej We Want You To Hold The Conference With The Every Intention Of Dividing This Country, And Make It Soon!

That's right. Blame your tribesmen. They've held power and controlled opportunity since independence. They put EVERYONE in this mess. They caused the oil addiction not the Niger-Delta peoples. And they live in your midst in plenty. Go visit them and ask why they didn't develop 'house' but developed 'home'.

5 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by paix(m): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
HoldenCaulfield: We The People Of Arewa Are Now Begining To Be Fed Up With All This Threats Of Dividing The Nation, Gej! Organize The Conference Lets Break! Eat Your Oil, We Are Tired Of All This We Are Not Afraid Of It No More. Haba! Think Of All Of This Workers In Our Companies, Banks, Hospitals, And Other Government Agencies Are Going To Be Replaced By Our People. Think Of The Vast Agricultural Land God Bestowed Onto Us, Think Of The All Those Mineral Deposits We Have Here In Arewa. And Who Told You That There Is No Oil In Arewa? Take Nijer Republic For Instance, We Now Mostly Use There Petrolem Products Here In Kano, Aren't The Largest Oil Fields Found In Desert Areas Of This World, Almost Every State Here In The North Has Different Resource That A Whole Country Can Stand On. We Are Saying It Boldly LETS BREAK AND SEE WHO WILL STARVE. Gej We Want You To Hold The Conference With The Every Intention Of Dividing This Country, And Make It Soon!
You're talking of agriculture, solid minerals and what not. I hope your brothers B/H will allow you benefit from them. GO ON WITH ONE NIGERIA!!
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
enoks: I hated Asari dokubo, I hated Tompolo and all the soo called Niger delta war lords for everytin they represented until I did my NYSC in Bayelsa state..in d creeks the indegenes still live like the Mayans..if greed, actual fight for development or what ever reason that will give the indegenes a face lift I v learnt not to condemn their struggle.. before u condemn their struggle take a trip to their lands and ask urslf genuinely if humans deserve to live the way they do..if there is a word that spells a condition better than deplorable does than that's what it shud b called....Niger delta warriors keep the fight on

Who are they struggling for? Their pockets or the people? As far as I can tell they are even causing more harm to their people with the insecurity they cause and the proliferation of firearms in those places, they might not know peace for a long time to come.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
It's interesting how the topic and content of This thread differs totally from the reaction of most of it's readers. The real issue on this thread is not about the character of Mr Dokubo, size of his belly, the amount of cassava he consumed, the length of his beard or his faith. It rather simple, he wants Nigeria to go their separate ways and little bits about his choice of investment in Benin and his jail experience there. But in a typical Nigerian fashion, the news that the cathedral has burned down doesn't matter or interest them, but rather, whether the fire burnt the beard of the resident priest.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
django1:

Who are they struggling for? Their pockets or the people? As far as I can tell they are even causing more harm to their people with the insecurity they cause and the proliferation of firearms in those places, they might not know peace for a long time to come.
Wise words indeed. Pray how can there be meaningful investment in the midst of so much criminality and lawlessness.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Malawian(m): 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
hollandis: if the north divides from south,the ibo will bully the yorubas

hit like if you agree
grin grin grin this is the funniest post in a long while. no let them catch you o. #ghostmode.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Iykopee(m): 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
the moment u say DIVISION some loonies in that part of Nigeria farts. Whats wrong with division since 1 Nigeria isn't working? Is marriage by force? If u aint a pest feeding fat on Niger delta oil, why saying we shud cling together like a wall gecko? Asari u are spot on here. Lets divide and go our separate ways. These set of never do wells' can't think creatively to make a living outside oil. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Reference(m): 3:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Have you asked yourself what these people do with their allocation? I served in an Ijaw community where I saw poverty occasioned mainly by the greed of some privileged ones who appropriated what the whole community is supposed to enjoy. The Niger Deltan of which I happen to be one, though Itsekiri, should start asking their leaders questions. Asari Dokubo has built a university and has chains of businesses and houses, who has asked him how he got the money. Tompolo has a maritime school. I was in Kiagbodo, Burutu LGA, Delta State, and I saw the structures of the university Edwin Kiagbodo Clark was erecting. How did he come about the money in his 80s?

They are building SCHOOLS and you are asking where they got the money. SCHOOLS, SCHOOLS.??. What have, what are those who have/are controlling the oil wells and pumping billions out of the ground doing with theirs for over 50 years. If they had built those schools and opened those businesses will there be room for Edwin and Tompolo.

If Shekhau opened a university tomorrow will you clap or criticise. Just who is failing here. That's the irony called Nigeria. Everything is inverted.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Eziachi: It's interesting how the topic and content of This thread differs totally from the reaction of most of it's readers. The real issue on this thread is not about the character of Mr Dokubo, size of his belly, the amount of cassava he consumed, the length of his beard or his faith. It rather simple, he wants Nigeria to go their separate ways and little bits about his choice of investment in Benin and his jail experience there. But in a typical Nigerian fashion, the news that the cathedral has burned down doesn't matter or interest them, but rather, whether the fire burnt the beard of the resident priest.
I take your point about the reactions. But the thing is this guy lacks so much self-awareness that he does not know just how hated he is for his criminal past and even his treasonable activities in South Africa and Benin Republic.
Finally there is nowhere in the interview where he makes a coherent case for splitting. To him its all about where the incumbent president is from so that he can continue to enjoy iil-gotten patronage.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Malawian(m): 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
olabukola: all seaport and airport in Yoruba nation belongs to us. Anything in ur region belongs to you. It's only oil that we sit and talk/negotiate how to share the revenue. National debt also will be shared. Since the north claims higher population they will get high share of the debt.

barawo, are we also going to sit and share your cocoa plantations?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by informatix: 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
Dokubo Asari you are a Muslim from christian background I have alot of respect for your Bravery. Christians are not persecuted in the North the northern Christians doesn't need you to rescue Them. Why didn't u built your university in riyom and make study free for northern Christians. What we need is unity not division. You can go and have your Nigerdelta republic.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by DerideGull(m): 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
ndu_chucks: I will commit my resources towards going 'our seperate ways' as soon as bright minds can proffer viable solutions to these issues:

1) How do we share the assets jointly owned without bloodshed. Assets like seaports, airports, investments in developing natural resources?

I invite brilliant minds to list potential solutions to this problem. I have more but let's start with this.

It is not enough to lazily yell separation without any framework which wouldn't lead to unnecessary violence. I humbly await reasonable contributions.

I must say that only lazy fools sat dormant while postulating over problem without solution. Also, being visionary is not seeing things the way they are but the way they should have been. If Nigerians are smart and civilized human beings, disintegration does not call for war or even wrestling matches.

There must be a Republic of Igbo land as a nation state. In addition, the republic could listen to other groups if there is any need to form a confederation. As for the fixed asserts of Nigeria, Republic of Igbo land should not owe anybody because there is no federal presence within its boundaries. However, a fact finding body should be setup by the nation sates to determine how the former federal assets should be shared or retained.

All the places with fixed federal assets will remit certain percentage of fund to a pool for determined period which will be shared among nation states otherwise would have been denied the access to assets as a result of disintegration. Refusal to abide by the principles reached by the body setup by the nation states could lead to diplomatic wars or even shooting wars.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Synthase(m): 3:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
1 shortblackboy: Baptized in deeper life ? shocked shocked I wonder what caused d change
Deeper life would not support radicalism of any form, the doctrine supports turn the other cheek so he could not relate with that grin

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
So what is the difference between the likes of Mike Aikigbe, Magnus Abe of this world and Mr Dokubo with their wealths? Why is the type of stolen wealth by him different from those in govt either in khaki or agbada? Comparing tribal criminals or making some more acceptable than others is what the problem is. Most People who claimed to hate him are not Ijaw, which is the main reason for you to champion his idea of separation, so that you will never had to tolerate him and his life in your own Dokubo free new nation ever again. He will then be a problem only to his Ijaw nation or which ever.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
tensor777:
I take your point about the reactions. But the thing is this guy lacks so much self-awareness that he does not know just how hated he is for his criminal past and even his treasonable activities in South Africa and Benin Republic.
Finally there is nowhere in the interview where he makes a coherent case for splitting. To him its all about where the incumbent president is from so that he can continue to enjoy iil-gotten patronage.
I don't like him more than you do. But not everyone is blessed with coherent view and having read about this guy for a while now, you and I well know that his best talent isn't in that regard, but we knew exactly what he is getting at and that's what matters. Don't expect him to reason like Wole Soyinka before you take gems out of his garbage bag.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
tensor777:
Wise words indeed. Pray how can there be meaningful investment in the midst of so much criminality and lawlessness.

Abi? More worrisome is the fact that the locals who are been trampled upon and denied of their livelihood both by the Nigerian state and the criminal militants will continue to sing the praises of people killing them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

NBA Condemns Lekki Killings, Sets To Begin Legal Actions Against FG, Military / Oyebanji Presents Operational Vehicles, Gadgets To Ekiti Police (Photos) / Emmanuel Ayodele Slumps And Dies At A Club In Abuja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.