Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Macof, Let's Discuss. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Macof, Let's Discuss. (753 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. / Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Macof, Let's Discuss. by ghostofsparta(m): 7:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
You said: "Islam and christianity would soon be a thing of the past in Nigerian territory" I'd like to know how that could ever happen in a country where these Abrahamic religions have turned majority of its citizens into androids who are programmed to think nothing makes sense if not derived, inspired and approved by the Bible or Quran. Today, in a teaching environment, a physics teacher, during an argument said "all scientific attempt to know about things only God can do is satanic" he said if science so much believed in evolution, how come did sperm come to be, further said "make scientists kon create sperm na, if dem fit explain everything". We argued over several issues, including the atheist's view concerning the existence of God, and as I expected, he assumed I am one to be using certain logic (I'm sure he has never encountered before) to debunk many of his christian religion based claims.

After we wrestled over several subjects bothering on science and technology. In yet another digressed religious argument, I had to bring him to 'human cloning' to score a point, but it was when he pointed to the office desktop PC that I realised all the science terms and topics which I've been dropping here and there while all the arguments lasted where things that turned out he knows nothing about and some he obviously misunderstood, even in it basic. It took a lot while for me to explain that 'biological cloning' is not the same as the cloning of a desktop PC he pointed to. You can see that these are the types of people that constitute majority in this country. His counter argument had been that no way could scientists create humans being by duplicating humans (he's understanding of cloning). Now imagine explaining to the same guy about 'akudaya' or 'omotunde' from Ifa corpus, he'd reject it since it doesn't filter through his christian brainwashing.

I tried to explain why atheists (here and abroad) won't believe in the possible existence of a God, is because they too, are making the same mistakes Christian and Muslims here in Nigeria are making in assuming that all believe system referring to the idea of a G O D all share the same conception of God in terms of known attributes, which in fact they unknowingly don't. Without delving into that, let me know how you think our people would one day shed off their addiction to semitic deities, and I will tell you why they possible can't.

1 Like

Re: Macof, Let's Discuss. by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
I agree with you completely, especially the last paragraph.
Re: Macof, Let's Discuss. by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
It is these kind of threads our MODS should put on frontpage but they are all biased and put silly things out there.

*sigh
Re: Macof, Let's Discuss. by okeyxyz(m): 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
@OP, your kind of reasoning is just heavily flawed in all manner of sound logic.

First of all, how do your possibly conclude that the ignorance of one person as you portrayed above is the same mindset of everybody(or most) who identifies as christian or moslem? You are not even making scientific sense by this kind of conclusion or extrapolation. It is at best an anecdote of what uneducated religious people think. On the other hand, can you argue that an uneducated atheist would show better logic than this guy?? You are simply comparing "apples and grapes" and rather demonstrates the hastiness and wobbliness of your own logic. have you ever pitched these arguments with any christian\moslem of high learning? or do you just pick on people who are obviously light weight so you can easily defeat them and feel good about yourself??

Another unsound argument you made(which your fellow atheists sing on nairaland) is that Christianity/islam is not right because they are not of african origin. I mean, do you guys actually take time to listen to yourselves and really think this is a wisdom I usually never bother to engage with this argument because it is just plain foolish logic and I don't have time to waste on such kind of "intelligence" that i consider to be beneath me. Yet you guys keep singing it everytime and it has become obvious that there is no careful thought behind this obviously hollow assertion. So I challenge you here to please explain to us in a careful, methodical way how christianity or islam is bad or false because it is not of african origin. Must a knowledge/belief system be from your own ancestry before it can qualify to be truthful??

I won't be surprised if you are one of them on nairaland who boasts "I was born an atheist" grin grin grin I just shake my head anytime I hear this. Anybody who even bothers to spend 30 minutes of critical analysis would easily see that this an illogical and embarrassing claim to make. Though this is not an issue on this thread but I just have a hunch that you also believe this silly assertion, hence why i'm throwing it in here. wink So overt to you, are you or are you not??
Re: Macof, Let's Discuss. by macof(m): 10:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
@Ghost I just saw this, I also saw ur mail I didn't know this was wat it was about.

My statement earlier today was because I have looked into christianity and looked around My environment to notice that More people are questioning christianity and are being aware of Wat the pagan spirituality is about.

Just last week, I met by long time friend he is a Christian who has been facing health problems and little mental disorder going to church and hospitals with no final stop to this excessive illnesses.
He didn't know I was pagan and told me that he was alright now after a ritual he performed in his Village

He was always bashing Paganic practices as he was a good evangelist in Redeem. Now he was like showing interest in His ancestral practices for this reason of healing, He is now A kind of spiritual atheist but still goes to church while reading into his ancestral spirituality, he claims he just goes to church because of his fiance.

This man's kids would definitely be born and exposed to his ancestors spirituality and with the increasing rate of people interested in Ifa, Tv stations now showing Babalawo programs and Pagan festivals, The internet, Books, a potential Independent nations from Nigeria should be enough to open the awareness of at least the Yoruba spirituality.

I would love for Hausa as and Igbo spiritualities to be on a global view, I found that it's mostly Yoruba repin Africa in ATR.

I don't know if you consider my view wrong but take it as an optimistic and hopeful statement as well

1 Like

Re: Macof, Let's Discuss. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
DOn't forget that Yoruba Babalawos without facebook accounts is very rare these days.
Re: Macof, Let's Discuss. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
We need to help bring our trad. priests to the forefront. (from other tribes)
Re: Macof, Let's Discuss. by macof(m): 10:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

So true
I wish funds were made available by the state governments to bring our ethnic practices to world

It boost development of the community and the kids growing up can learn a lot.

Well growing up I wasn't exposed to these things and it still affects me, I was once so brainwashed I didn't like anything Yoruba because I didn't know anything Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Macof, Let's Discuss. by macof(m): 10:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

So true
I wish funds were made available by the state governments to bring our ethnic practices to world

It boost development of the community and the kids growing up can learn a lot.

While growing up I wasn't exposed to these things and it still affects me, I was once so brainwashed I didn't like anything Yoruba because I didn't know anything Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Macof, Let's Discuss. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
true. sad

(1) (Reply)

Does Any One Remember This Album? / God's Standard Ways Before Going Into Any Marriage. / Put All Your Confidence In God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.