Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,941 members, 7,863,316 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:15 PM

Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians (2220 Views)

Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview / Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) / Jega Addresses Nigerians On AIT/ChannelsTV Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians by DahomeyAmazon(f): 11:31am On Dec 06, 2013
oluwashaddow: Are u a student of history or pol-science?........ u are very well on point, will love to knw u
I just love the libraries
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians by Swiftlee(m): 11:34am On Dec 06, 2013
Dahomey Amazon:
When Babangida sacked Buhari was he the most senior officer ? All you have posted is just assumptions, i have posted what the history books says.
Someone wrote the history book and it can not boast of infallibility just as you said some of the post up there are just mere arguements by people; having said that...I admire your arguements though scanty and not convincing. I still would say..i did not receive any insults from you. Kudos !!, but the truth still lyes..The only Head of State who was not involved in any coup is Abdulsalam!#You can disproof please..I am over and out..check back later
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians by oluwashaddow(m): 11:40am On Dec 06, 2013
Dahomey Amazon:
I just love the libraries
ur twitter handle pls
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians by DahomeyAmazon(f): 11:44am On Dec 06, 2013
Swiftlee:
Someone wrote the history book and it can not boast of infallibility just as you said some of the post up there are just mere arguements by people; having said that...I admire your arguements though scanty and not convincing. I still would say..i did not receive any insults from you. Kudos !!, but the truth still lyes..The only Head of State who was not involved in any coup is Abdulsalam!#You can disproof please..I am over and out..check back later
I admire your points too though plausible but non factual are backed up. I only insult silly people who understand nothing but insults. Cheers
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians by DahomeyAmazon(f): 11:47am On Dec 06, 2013
oluwashaddow: ur twitter handle pls
Sorry I am not active on social media, if you noticed I only just registered on nairaland of so many years just observing. I will keep up here though
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians by OrangeHokage(m): 11:52am On Dec 06, 2013
lygn19: I am not here to argue with kids dat saved to buy MB bundle,
Just as sm ppl frustrated GEJ's tenure as president that's how we re gonna frustrate him if he ventures into aso rock,
Instead of one region to gain at the detriment of another, instead everybody wud loose, I hope he starts planting groundnut in the north.
Let Buhari become president, d same president that after he overthrew shehu shagari, he put him on house arrest, while his vice that doesn't have much power as the president got thrown into prison just because he is from the east.
The same Buhari that during is tenure as military leader, built so many roads in the north, but didn't build ONE single one in the east nor the place the money is coming from(NIGER DELTA).
Let's wait now enter ASO rock 1st and u go know.
yah yah he put the president under house arrest because that president at that time was as much a thief as GEJ and OBJ. You said he did construct any road in the south only in the north but at least he constructed something, tell me has jona done any of these he couldn't sack a woman wu stole from under he's nose, he can't even account for how many barrels of oil we produce per day and yet he's a president he can't even fix the road 90% of Nigerians used to travel. It's not to remodel airports it's to make sure they r functioning in the right condition. We cant purchase brand new planes for national carries. Abeg everyone should leave Buhari alone I know he's not a saint or an angel but the one pretending to be one is going to ruin this country..

1 Like

Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
He has nothing to tell or offer Nigerians.

He should go and sit quietly in the corner and keep his trap shut.

Worthless being.
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
OrangeHokage: yah yah he put the president under house arrest because that president at that time was as much a thief as GEJ and OBJ. You said he did construct any road in the south only in the north but at least he constructed something, tell me has jona done any of these he couldn't sack a woman wu stole from under he's nose, he can't even account for how many barrels of oil we produce per day and yet he's a president he can't even fix the road 90% of Nigerians used to travel. It's not to remodel airports it's to make sure they r functioning in the right condition. We cant purchase brand new planes for national carries. Abeg everyone should leave Buhari alone I know he's not a saint or an angel but the one pretending to be one is going to ruin this country..
Imagine urself speak, so what u re trying to say now is that if sm1 like asari plans a coup and its succesful, its right for him to put GEJ under house arrest because he's his brother and throw the vice president(namadi sambo) into jail just because he is from the north right.
What GEJ has achieved with his little years in office, no Nigerian leader has achieved it in history, u re saying its not to remodel airport, as if, if he doesn't remodel it, u ppl wud be d 1st to accuse him of neglecting our airports, if Nigeria no want change, that's what u get when u run a govt system that's based on federal character and not on merit.
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
Let's watch now.
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
lygn19: I am not here to argue with kids dat saved to buy MB bundle,
Just as sm ppl frustrated GEJ's tenure as president that's how we re gonna frustrate him if he ventures into aso rock,
Instead of one region to gain at the detriment of another, instead everybody wud loose, I hope he starts planting groundnut in the north.
Let Buhari become president, d same president that after he overthrew shehu shagari, he put him on house arrest, while his vice that doesn't have much power as the president got thrown into prison just because he is from the east.
The same Buhari that during is tenure as military leader, built so many roads in the north, but didn't build ONE single one in the east nor the place the money is coming from(NIGER DELTA).
Let's wait now enter ASO rock 1st and u go know.

Dude...u jst proved wat he said right...whenever they bring constructive criticism or try to alert and avert the ills being perpratated by the current govt in terms of massive corruption and incompetence, you people quickly result to sentiment, religious, regional, and ethnic bigotry to defend urselfs rather than tackling the issue raised...wat sorts of education did u receive by the way?? Dat u cn never be subjective, always being objective
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
lygn19: Tell dz ediot to STFU, that's what he said when he overthrew a civilian govt for no reason.
What I hv for him is that the same way he overthrew an elected govt and also has been fueling the deaths of ppl for years, that's how the day he enters into Aso rock, he wud be d 1st Nigerian civilian president in this 21st century that wud be overthrown by d military, for no reason also.
WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

Dude...tackle the subject raised, rather than the object..then have abt d coup u are reffering to, have an open mind, read thouroughly abt that coup and then, jst maybe u'd understand wat actually transpired..

Nevertheless, pls learn to b civilized, argue with gud points, not with insults..unless u never participated in any debate in school
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ngwakwe: Some of his previous and present utterances betray this speech.

Which one do we believe? Time will tell.

Quote those speeches pls
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Addresses Nigerians by prov1029(m): 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
To those going the path of sentiments becuase GEJ is from niger delta would you prefer this

DARREG: Blogger Peter Okali has a post up detailing the salary of a Nigerian Senator. I’m going to quote most of it, so large hat-tip is due him. (1m Naira is about US$6,100)

Basic Salary (BS) – N2,484,245.50

Hardship Allowance @ 50% of Basic Salary – N1,242,122.70 (I love this kind of hardship)

Constituency allowance @ 200% of BS - N4,968,509.00

Furniture Allowance @ 300% of BS – N7,452,736.50

Newspaper allowance @ 50% – N1,242,122.70 (Which kind newspaper be this, abi na online or hard copy?)

Wardrobe allowance @ 25% – N621,061.37

Recess Allowance @ 10% – N248,424.55

Accommodation @ 200% – N4,968,509.00

Utilities @ 30% – N828,081.83

Domestic Staff @ 35% – N863,184.12

Entertainment @ 30% – N828,081.83

Personal Assistance @ 25% – N621,061.37

Vehicle Maintenance Allowance @ 75% – N1,863,184.12

Leave Allowance @ 10% – N248,424.55

One off payments (Severance gratuity) @ 300% – N7,452,736.50 (Once they get fired.)

Motor Vehicle Allowance @ 400% of BS – N9,936,982.00 – Every Four Years

Senator’s Salary per month – N2,456,647.70
Total = N29,479,749.00 Per Year
Allowance of Nigerian Senator: $1,500,000/year

To clarify, Nigerian senators get paid about $180,000 per year as a salary. On top of this, they get about $1.5m in allowances, as detailed above. And that’s what they receive officially. You can multiply that by a factor of 3-5 to account for the graft, backhanders, and additional income streams they enjoy whilst in office (and often thereafter). According to Peter, the senators – of which there are 109 – have been asking for an increase in their allowances to $183,000 per month, or $2.2m per year. By contrast, the US president gets paid $400,000 per year.

As Peter says:

Little wonder why everyone in Nigeria has political ambitions and will do whatever it takes to get there.

Indeed. And little wonder why most Nigerians are hopelessly poor and there is a General Strike kicking off tomorrow.
SOURCE:
http://www.desertsun.co.uk/blog/?p=1144

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Politics Of Cannibalism In Africa / New Taraba Acting Gov. Signs Secret Pact With APC, Aisha / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.