Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? (5944 Views)

I Need A Product To Distribute / 1 Billion Naira For Life! Read Terms & Conditions / Buying A House On Mortgage In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by GBOYEGA255(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2013
Good day house,
One thing that I noticed during the research work I carried out of recent was that people don't always like to read the terms and conditions of whatever comes their way before they click on or choose to agree, be it online or in hard copies why is this so ? Is it because of the length of the write up or they don't just care about reading it or no time to check time.
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Valon4ego(m): 9:00am On Dec 06, 2013
for where! who get time for that one?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by nupera: 9:21am On Dec 06, 2013
You will notice they are long and the font is always small....as far as I'm concerned they don't want you to read but to accept. However it is the most important stuff. As much as possible i get my lawyer to read and point out the risks therein. A colleague is currently trying to get a refund for a payment she had made.....after going through the terms and conditions i told her to forget the 100k. They referred her to the back of the invoice for terms and conditions and a refund was stated as a no no. Last bullet always read.....your life may depend on it.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by cbrass(m): 9:28am On Dec 06, 2013
Who will read that long epistle...I think its deliberately made voluminous

1 Like

Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Emmyk(m): 9:49am On Dec 06, 2013
Hell no! Life is too short to be readinq such!

The 2 most common lies on the internet: 1. I've read and agree to the terms of service. 2 Yes, I am over 18 years wink

8 Likes

Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Blakjewelry(m): 1:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
Normally i dont, except if it is a website that involves financial transaction.
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Adesam09(m): 12:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
Sure thing... We all read "terms and conditions" but not the story underneath
Abeg which year are we and which world cup is brazil 2004
I saw a Topic like this on front page

» Brazil 2004 World Cup : Why Nigeria Must Win !«
watsappin
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by greall1: 12:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
Booked
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by ITbomb(m): 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2013
Emmyk:
The 2 most common lies on the internet: 1. I've read and agree to the terms of service. 2 Yes, I am over 18 years wink
ethically I prefer some that make sure u scroll to the end of the document before u see 'I Agree' or 'I decline' .
Just like the telecom services , most of them do put 'how to deactivate subscribed services' on the Terms n conditions but people still call CC to send them the code
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
" The federal ministry of health warns that tobacco smokers are liable to die young "

grin grin grin
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by pharmow: 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
Ain't nobody got time for dat!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by christejames(m): 12:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
U should hv knwn that Nigerians are always in a hurry in church, market, class room, kitchen et al. I dnt know where we are fast forwarding ourselves to oo...
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by hybeekay9: 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
Well as for me, i read the terms and condition when the goods is expensive (20k above)
Front page noni!
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Akposy(m): 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
No I don't read dem! Its damn too long
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by LordMecuzy(m): 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
No Need. Receipt Says No refund of Money After Payment

1 Like

Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by LordReed(m): 12:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
I almost got myself in over my head because I didn't read properly the terms and conditions of a transaction I did. I have resolved to always pay attention to those things hence forth.

1 Like

Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Earnshaw(m): 12:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
you should watch Southpark's HUMANCENTiPAD episode. You'd be scared so shi tless that you'd want to read every condition and term of agreement that comes your way.
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Ruq: 12:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
Pssssst who cares, when it's not a contract. It's just like asking if you read terms & Conditions before installing a software.
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Big4wig(m): 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2013
I read them oo,as a bookworm u got to read everything...*wakes up*,read wetin,i tell u say i dey find work?. cheesy
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by dotcomgeneral(m): 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2013
No time.... I wonder what some says that we always accept without reading, anywayz is too long shoud have been summarize if its some what important...
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Donsammi(m): 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
For niqerians we click the "i have read the terms and conditions" for software or games na jux to click acpt and nxt

1 Like

Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by rioemmanuel(m): 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2013
the day i tried reading d terms and condition of WhatsApp.....
Mehn......I GAVE UP.
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
for where!!..Me sef if wan register one site like that and i see the terms and condition.i will continue scrolling down until i see ACCEPT
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by tspun(m): 12:38pm On Dec 07, 2013
no time to do that,
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by mauricerex: 12:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
I guess u ask seun
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by sambrozini: 12:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
Na who get time and mb to waste
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Adesam09(m): 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2013
Ok
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Dhurmynick(m): 12:43pm On Dec 07, 2013
I've never read em b4
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
I can't. u might be discouraged after reading.::especially those attahced to computer softwares
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
GBOYEGA255: Good day house,
One thing that I noticed during the research work I carried out of recent was that people don't always like to read the terms and conditions of whatever comes their way before they click on or choose to agree, be it online or in hard copies why is this so ? Is it because of the length of the write up or they don't just care about reading it or no time to check time.

It depends on what I am buying..

Some guys from Emirates Vcation Club tried selling me this beautiful Vacation plan that involved me buying a romm in a great hotel in Dubai where I could visit for a certain period in a year. The plan was all great until I asked to see the contract, then he starts running all over the place. Finally when I read the contract and saw the hidden charges involved and the escalation rate over the course of the contract, I immediately pulled back.

My job right now has to do with contract between big companies and it has taught me the importance of reading the fine prints. I lost renting a house in Lagos because of the clauses I added to the agreement. The Landlord read it and said NEVER! I told him how his agreement terms didn't protect me at all and he refused to modify the terms of the lease.

It's a habit that everyone needs to get because the day you get screwed and decide to go to court, the fine prints is what almost, always loses you the case.

Same with medications. Have you noticed that while watching medical ads on DSTV and cable, that there is always this small barely visible writing at the bottom of the screen? Those are what you should be reading because the Company is hoping you don't see them. Or have you noticed that when it comes time to talk about the side effects of a drug in an ad, they start talking very fast and you barely hear a word of what they are saying.

Be wise..

2 Likes

Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by Coldfeet(f): 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
Who get time to read that long epistle? But like okija juju rightly said above it depends on the product. Though I love reading o! But terms and agreement english seems to be different from regular write ups.
Re: Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? by slightlyMad(f): 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
no one reads them
i would love to at times just to fulfill all righteousness but once i start seeing the definitions, i give up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! / BREAKING: Onyema Explains Withdrawal Of N606bn From Equities Market / Union Bank Secures $200 Million OPIC Funding For Smes And Women Initiatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.