Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? (5819 Views)

Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa / Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 06, 2013
Seriously?

Quran
38;52
Muhsin Khan
And beside them will be chaste females (virgins) restraining their glances only for their husbands, (and) of equal ages.

Bible
Leviticus 21:14-15
He may not marry a widow, nor a woman who is divorced, nor a prostitute. She must be a virgin from his own tribe, for he must not be the father of children of mixed blood—half priestly and half ordinary.”

What is so special about a virgin? Is it the hymen? Note that not all virgins bleed and some are not born with hymen
Is it the tightness? Even some non-virgins are tight

So what is it?
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Sometimes when I reason about christianity and Islam, I wonder why women are into it. Christianity and Islam proves that women are first degree sex machine..... Islam took away their rights completely, they are mostly logs of hell fire, no reward in paradise than been Bleep there by martyrs,...... christianity silent them in public (though I agree there are some forms of reform here), the same women are vessel of sin (eve and dont look them romantically). To marry a lady now as laid down in the old testament, I can simply rape one and have her. I can wage war against my enemy camp, bash baby to stone, kill all men and animal but keep that good looking virgin to Bleep. Religion is completely an insult to womanhood.
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Sometimes when I reason about christianity and Islam, I wonder why women are into it. Christianity and Islam proves that women are first degree sex machine..... Islam took away their rights completely, they are mostly logs of hell fire, no reward in paradise than been Bleep there by martyrs,...... christianity silent them in public (though I agree there are some forms of reform here), the same women are vessel of sin (eve and dont look them romantically). To marry a lady now as laid down in the old testament, I can simply rape one and have her. I can wage war against my enemy camp, bash baby to stone, kill all men and animal but keep that good looking virgin to Bleep. Religion is completely an insult to womanhood.

Thats some deep stuff there...........
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by MrPresident1: 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
The admixture of blood is the reason for hybridized wickedness wink

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mr President: The admixture of blood is the reason for hybridized wickedness wink

This made no sense. Stop using big words to say nothing

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by texanomaly(f): 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mr President: The admixture of blood is the reason for hybridized wickedness wink
Huh?
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by MrPresident1: 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

This made no sense. Stop using big words to say nothing

whoever you sleep with leaves an essence with you. Your offspring will draw from that essence. wink

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mr President:

whoever you sleep with leaves an essence with you. You offspring will draw from that essence. wink

sad
I guess your mom is the only woman your dad slept with. sad

1 Like

Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by MrPresident1: 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
aManFromMars:

sad
I guess your mom is the only woman your dad slept with. sad

The default setting of the world, when it was very beautiful and ordered.

As to your question, I wouldnt know. She never told me.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mr President:

whoever you sleep with leaves an essence with you. You offspring will draw from that essence. wink

Nonsense
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by MrPresident1: 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Nonsense

It is what it is. wink

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Joshthefirst(m): 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
Virginity is important because sexua.l immorality is sin. Wrongdoing.
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: Virginity is important because sexua.l immorality is sin. Wrongdoing.

Consensual sex with a willing partner is sin because 'God' said so?
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by texanomaly(f): 5:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
aManFromMars:

yes tongue
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
texanomaly:

yes tongue
grin
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
You christians/muslims dont know how you make your God sound like a pervert

has problems with s.ex
-virgin se.x is his fave
-hates gay s.ex
-hates ma.sturbation

lololol
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by texanomaly(f): 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03: You christians/muslims dont know how you make your God sound like a pervert

smh...

Logicboy03:
has problems with s.ex

He has no problem with married sex. wink

Logicboy03:
-virgin se.x is his fave

only once... grin

Logicboy03:
-hates gay s.ex

hate is a strong word. undecided

Logicboy03:
-hates ma.sturbation

you can do that with your wife all you want, or have her do it for you... shocked

Logicboy03:
lololol

I just sayin'
wink grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
texanomaly:

smh...

He has no problem with married sex. wink

only once... grin

hate is a strong word. undecided

you can do that with your wife all you want, or have her do it for you... shocked

I just sayin'
wink grin grin

2 questions

Are u a virgin? Don't answer if it is personal to u

Are u saying that you won't give punny to amanfrommars unless he puts a ring on it? Think of all his flirtatious emails n comments....
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

2 questions

Are u saying that you won't give punny to amanfrommars unless he puts a ring on it? Think of all his flirtatious emails n comments....

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by texanomaly(f): 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

2 questions

Answers:

1. I answered this question somewhere on NL. No I am no longer a virgin. I have been married. I was 21. My husband was the first. Yes I was a virgin. I am divorced.

2. No. I would not. Btw aManFromMars and I have never exchanged emails. The comments are fun, but then what lady doesn't like to be flirted with. wink
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
texanomaly:

Answers:

1. I answered this question somewhere on NL. No I am no longer a virgin. I have been married. I was 21. My husband was the first. Yes I was a virgin. I am divorced.

2. No. I would not. Btw aManFromMars and I have never exchanged emails. The comments are fun, but then what lady doesn't like to be flirted with. wink

You are joking!!!! Divorced

I swear, I thought you were just some really young woman.

Hope you are cool. Divorces can be a pain..,.,

Wow....am still surprised
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by texanomaly(f): 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

I swear, I thought you were just some really young woman.

Are all divorced woman old? undecided
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by texanomaly(f): 6:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
Oh....sorry I forgot that once you marry in Nigeria, you are old. Wait...or is that if you are no longer a virgin? I can't remember.
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
texanomaly:

The way some atheists think. grin
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
texanomaly:

'Really young"

Do you know of any divorcee that is 'really. Young'

Learn to read patiently.

Logicboy03:

I swear, I thought you were just some REALLY YOUNG woman.

Anyhoo, your knight from mars is here to defend u
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
texanomaly: Oh....sorry I forgot that once you marry in Nigeria, you are old. Wait...or is that if you are no longer a virgin? I can't remember.

No one said you were old....

Reread my comment. Sorry if you feel old
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by texanomaly(f): 6:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:
'Really young"
Do you know of any divorcee that is 'really. Young'

unfortunately I do.

Logicboy03:
Learn to read patiently.

Yes Sir... smiley

Logicboy03:
Anyhoo, your knight from mars is here to defend u

wink
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by texanomaly(f): 6:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

No one said you were old....

Reread my comment. Sorry if you feel old

tongue
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Joshthefirst(m): 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
aManFromMars:

yes. Exactly.
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes. Exactly.

GERROUT angry angry
Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
texanomaly:

unfortunately I do.

Yes Sir... smiley

wink

lol....I think I will start paying attention to your posts...you see....I can tell people by their posts. From day one, ~I knew that Muskeeto was a Judas.....I remember hounding him for his "cowardly agnostcism" and then also attacking him for defending christians like Jesoul etc....I made the comment that Muskeeto is the kind of person that will throw other atheists under a bus for his own benefit......and he did just that many months after....

prophet logicboy!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

GERROUT angry angry
the truth hurts. Gods word is truth. When we try to make edges around it and deny it, we end up hurting ourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Jesus god? / Evolution And Islam ( Qur´an / Koran Science ) + Life In Space ("aliens") / Angels Do Not Pray For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.