Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Shocking: Justin Beiber Could Have Saved Blackberry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Shocking: Justin Beiber Could Have Saved Blackberry (1269 Views)

How To Know Those Who Saved Your Contact On Whatsapp / Check If Somebody Has Saved Your Number Or Not / How Do I Transfer My Saved Pages In Opera Mini To Another Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking: Justin Beiber Could Have Saved Blackberry by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 06, 2013
Regrets, regrets and regrets...BlackBerry could have been telling a different today instead of pitching, failing and still trying to find someone to buy their dieing company.

Justin Beiber offered to become the company's Ambassador when he was still an upcoming musician, just after he had released his "Baby" track which afterwards became a mega hit song that sent shock waves across the continent, BlackBerry laughed him off as . Years later RIM(as they were called at that time) is regretting why they never gave the now pop super star a chance.

"One thing we missed out on was that Justin Bieber wanted to rep BlackBerry. He said, “Give me $200,000 and 20 devices, and I’m your brand ambassador,” basically. And we pitched that to marketing: Here’s a Canadian kid, he grew up here, all the teeny-boppers will love that. They basically threw us out of the room. They said, “This kid is a fad. He’s not going to last.” I said at the meeting: “This kid might outlive RIM.” Everyone laughed." - Anonymous BlackBerry executive.

Shocking Justin Beiber could have rescued BlackBerry
After the Blackberry executive who presented Beiber was rejected alongside his present, BlackBerry went on to sign Alicia Keys as Creative Director that year. Fast-forward to now, Blackberry recently announced almost $1 billion in loss for the second quarter of 2013 while Beiber is still rocking crowds at concerts around the world.

Justin Beiber may not have saved BlackBerry totally from the mess the Canadian phonemaker is in right now, but the teen could have been the reason more teens would prefer a BlackBerry phone today.

http://bestmobs.com/shocking-justin-beiber-could-have-rescued-blackberry/
Re: Shocking: Justin Beiber Could Have Saved Blackberry by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 06, 2013
cool

Re: Shocking: Justin Beiber Could Have Saved Blackberry by dont8(m): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2013
RIP to RIM

Greet Madiba for me cheesy
Re: Shocking: Justin Beiber Could Have Saved Blackberry by Archangels1: 12:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
He could still not have prevented the inevitable. BlackBerry failed because of their inability to keep up with other phone and software producers. Having a famous ambassador would never make me buy a useless product. If them like make them bring back 2pac make him come b their ambassador who nor good nor good. In these days of hot android and apple phones blackberry has gat no chance in hell
Re: Shocking: Justin Beiber Could Have Saved Blackberry by abubaka101: 2:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
wat a joke.... MTN signed Saka as an Ambassador from Etisalat. to celebrate d mobile number portability (MNP). But 2 months after the MNP was launched, stats showed MTN was d biggest loser!!!!
Even if a company signs all the biggest stars, if it's not offering the right services, it won't have a lot of customers, that's how things are...
Re: Shocking: Justin Beiber Could Have Saved Blackberry by drizzypat: 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
Lols one of those funny things we hear on tech!

even if u call drake,taylor swift ,selena gomez and rihanna! It cnt save blackberry!. Their time has come to clear way for others!!
Re: Shocking: Justin Beiber Could Have Saved Blackberry by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
Lol.... N wah difference wud it mke....#smh...
Re: Shocking: Justin Beiber Could Have Saved Blackberry by KillMoves: 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Shocking: Justin Beiber Could Have Saved Blackberry by Onyenna(m): 11:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ọchi a togbuola m eeeeehh!!!!
Re: Shocking: Justin Beiber Could Have Saved Blackberry by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 07, 2013
old things are dead and gone..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500(100% Original) / [solved] Glo Bis Now Working For Android And Blackberry / Why Are Nigerians Resistant To Voice Mail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.