Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) (55229 Views)

Photo Of Giant Snake (55ft): Biggest Snake In The World / Snake In Toilet Bites Man's Penis In Israel / Is This The Most Beautiful Snake In The World? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by striker9(m): 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
Cold blooded: From the responses I got from ma question, I can now deduce that Ekiti State is very cold during the 4th quater of the year and we are gasping for air here in Lag

*parking ma bags and luggage*
Where do I board a bus to Ekiti?
embarassed

Ojota,2000naira should get you there tops.
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by matto7(m): 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
Anaconda in naija na wa oh´ na sweet meat be dat na´ plz text me the number of the buyer am interested in the meat.
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by ceejayluv(m): 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
He sold an exotic pet for 10k? something that goes for $600-$1000 in the right black market... A 15 foot rock python would cost much more...

1 Like

Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by popnenledoor: 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
Wow! Dat snake is 2 smal 2 talk abt coolWow! Dat snake is 2 smal 2 talk abt
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
POPE II: what role pythons are playing in an urbanizing Nigeria? I doubt Europeans are missing their wolves .
I'd give you a few examples in Scotland, they are making huge plans on assisted colonization of Grizzly bears and Wolves (this is a process of re-introducing animals into regions they are either extinct or extirpated (which also means extinct in that location) or for a reason to keep a balance on biodiversity) so imagine a case where Deers are invading an ecosystem because there is no top predator (carnivores) to control their population by feeding on them, this would lead to a huge loss in vegetation because deer would keep on browsing the vegetation (which is decimating by eating or making use for other purposes) thereby leading to desertification (process in which plants die faster more than they are growing leading to a desert like environment). Pythons have a similar role to play in our local environment in nigeria. Imagine there were no pythons to keep the rodent population in check; that mean that rodent population would explode (which means too much) so much that they would decimate these same farmers crops and lead to a negative output. so it's not the best idea to kill all the snakes in bush. you can also look up on the Germans, after much urbanization, Wolves disappeared from the majority of the county but recently, they starting seeing Wolves again and they are trying to preserve them as much as possible because they know the benefits these "wild devils" would bring to their ecosystem and country as a whole

1 Like

Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by Uniquexty(f): 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
breezy047:

So you died while you were there and its your ghost that typed on nairaland today? cheesy

Next time, it is "I could not endure the cold and not "I could not survive the cold"
So u just quoted a ghost.
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
Saraben: I only eat chicken and beef ..I can't imagine myself eating another creature or animal lik pig,snake or even bush meat

Tooth-picks meant your two legs smiley

1 Like

Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by nalu77: 4:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
if i see dis kind of snake, i wil just benjohnson
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by whizkid10(m): 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
Plenty 4 Ikot Abasi, Eastern Obolo, Akwa Ibom state. Killed one wiv my car in 2011 October smiley wink
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by BlackHuman(m): 5:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
I hate snakes....anywhere u see dem KILL THEM!
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by Elizabethoni(f): 5:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
Cold blooded: Is it me or ma imagination that refuses to believe that this picture is the real pic?

Why is everybody wearing cardigans and jackets as if they were in a temperate region? I expect to see a dirty farmer but what am seeing here is different
embarassed

Bros, from november dat area dey cold o, ilu oke (village) dey cold esp their farms, no be like lagos wey we no dey feel harmattan.

1 Like

Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by sarutobie(m): 5:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
The whiteman is fighting to preserve the inhabitants of his ecosystem,the blackman is killing them off.there are animals like the dodo bird of mauritrus,tasmanian tigers,even the buffalos of the texas plains that numbered in their millions up until as recent as the 19th century.but you won't find even one of those buffalos around.they have been wiped out..the whiteman realised his mistake and is trying to remedy it.I would rather learn from someone's mistake thereby escaping making same mistake myself..the answer to this? Education AND enlightenment!

1 Like

Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by kolexy(m): 5:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
Okija_juju: Those Niggas dont look Ekiti...

Where are the tribal marks & Agbada?! angry

We don't have tribal marks..........Ignoramus
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
kolexy:

We don't have tribal marks..........Ignoramus

Na wah o!! You this Ekiti people no get respect sha.. angry

Okay! So this my guy bosun nko?! angry

You wan tell am say ehn no be Ekiti boy?! angry

What of Ileke Idi?!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/950398_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687

Nna talk the wan wey you know jor!! Say your Papa & Mama mercy you no give you rank no mean say every for Ekiti matter resemble your own.. Abi Abikun don finish for Ekiti?!

5 Likes

Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by BrosG: 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
This is wrong. Celebration of illiteracy. Wild life is important.
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bros G: This is wrong. Celebration of illiteracy. Wild life is important.

Do you sir eat meat?! As in, do you eat any kind of meat or are you a vegetarian?!

I suspect say you like Suya pass Salad, so why call these men illiterate?!

Wild life is important, but last time I checked, Pythons are not on the endangered specie list so they are open to hunting.

Too much school is not good sometimes sha.. grin

1 Like

Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by Zackem(m): 6:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
Oga o
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by ezeama1010(m): 7:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
SMH seriously...U mean am d only one here who sees dis as anoda sign of END TIME
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by Optimisticgondy(m): 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
O.H D WISE:
Do farmers really put on cardigan(because of the heat and sweat)...all those in the pic are on cardigan,i find the picture strange..
Those guys in Cadigans are probably Okada guys in Ado-Ekiti who quickly rushed to the scene to confirm it. Afao-Ekiti to Ado-Ekiti is not up to 15 to 20mins' drive/ride
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by LadyH(f): 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
that z loooooooooong... shocked
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by ezeama1010(m): 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
Okija_juju:

What of Ileke Idi?!

Nna talk the wan wey you know jor!! Say your Papa & Mama mercy you no give you rank no mean say every for Ekiti matter resemble your own.. Abi Abikun don finish for Ekiti?!
Shey Tiger attack dis pple ni
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by Tunsboy17(m): 7:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
Is this a snake or a serpent
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by ezeama1010(m): 7:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
Okija_juju:

What of Ileke Idi?!

Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by dnawah(m): 8:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
Afritop: What is wrong with wild life preservaation in nigeria
see meat o!what of other types of preservations:salty,drying,smoking,frying and frozen.gringrin

1 Like

Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by Davoski25: 8:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
guy 4get wild lyf preservation ooooh! Na dis kind snake u wan preserve? hmmmmm! Ok oooooh u r on ur own
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin 10000 naira each snake? what a costly commodity that we easily kill and trow away here in my caban.
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by mrvictor: 8:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
O.H D WISE:
Do farmers really put on cardigan(because of the heat and sweat)...all those in the pic are on cardigan,i find the picture strange..
That picture is not Nigerian! That picture is a lie.
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
Onegai:

Nigerians don't plan into the future. Rather than invest some money into making a wildlife preserve, heck, a snake farm, where tourists can pay to view and watch the feeding, build a whole enterprise including selling t-shirts, mugs, taking pictures with tourists for a fee (I've paid to touch a python, the owner made great money), sell food, and grow a business that will hire at least 50....

...they kill it and sell for N10,000 and tomorrow look for more money to feed. Day to Day subsistence, rather than invest in a future, thats the Naija way.

WE DON'T NEED A SNAKE FARM! DO DAT IN YOUR HOUSE

1 Like

Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by diamondboa(m): 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
The story is very true .The man who bought the snake is living in 3 building before mine. His pepper soup joint is( labeaba) a popular one along Afao Ekiti road. The people wearing jacket are okada riders who all parked to see the strange snake.
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by farellstone: 9:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
O.H D WISE:
it is true I saw it there,so true.
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by Dcaliphate(m): 9:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
jamb question...
Re: Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) by korexdodo(m): 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
I wonder when nigerians will learn to be civilized! how can u kill a snake that did nothing to you!.
we are supposed to protect our environment and conserve the plants and animals and prevent them from extinction.
We cant do that by killing anything that comes our way.
Kruger park in South Africa generates a lot of jobs and revenue for the people ,simply because they decided to conserve the plant and animals in the reserve and not kill,kill,kill!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South Carolina: Huge Alligator Chews On Six Foot Alligator (Pics, Video) / Meet The Xenobot: World's First Living, Self-healing Robots / Skeletons Of Over 40 People And Some Who Died Of SYPHILIS Found In Peru (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.