Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

What Do You Call Your Dad's Brothers Or Sis. Who are of The Same Age With You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Call Your Dad's Brothers Or Sis. Who are of The Same Age With You (2405 Views)

Three Sisters Born In 9 Months, Not Triplets But Same Age (pictures) / How To Calculate Anyone's Age With Their Shoe Size / Can A Boy Marry A Girl Of The Same Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Call Your Dad's Brothers Or Sis. Who are of The Same Age With You by edogu(m): 5:56am On Dec 07, 2013
Hi guys, pls how do you address your dad's or mum blood brothers or sis who are of the same age with you? Uncle or sis, uuh? Or brothers or sisters. Knowing fully well d@ d are either ur mate or u re a senior to them.
Re: What Do You Call Your Dad's Brothers Or Sis. Who are of The Same Age With You by dapyd1(m): 6:05am On Dec 07, 2013
Call them by their name(s) now, calling them uncle or aunt will sound awkward. Take them as pals.....and nawa for the family arrangement o!
Re: What Do You Call Your Dad's Brothers Or Sis. Who are of The Same Age With You by shadydeals: 7:10am On Dec 07, 2013
You'll call them uncle or aunty na. lol! I don't think English Language has a word for that. English Language is deficient. Oops!!! *dodges bullets* *runs to Iraq*
Re: What Do You Call Your Dad's Brothers Or Sis. Who are of The Same Age With You by greatgod2012(f): 7:43am On Dec 07, 2013
Dont be confused, in English language, he is your uncle and she is your aunt, but that does not mean you should address them as such, it's just their position in your family. If they are your mates or you are older than them, then, address them by their names, it doesn't change their positions in your family.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Call Your Dad's Brothers Or Sis. Who are of The Same Age With You by fidatt(f): 8:13am On Dec 07, 2013
I call them my their names.
Re: What Do You Call Your Dad's Brothers Or Sis. Who are of The Same Age With You by Emmyk(m): 8:15am On Dec 07, 2013
dapy.d:
Call them by their name(s) now, calling them uncle or aunt will sound awkward. Take them as pals..... and nawa for the family arrangement o!
I wonder. cheesy
Re: What Do You Call Your Dad's Brothers Or Sis. Who are of The Same Age With You by edogu(m): 9:11am On Dec 07, 2013
@all d replies. Actually, my grandfather got married 2 8 wives wit many children, som of which are my mate or my junior. I call dm by dr names but d problem arises wn u want to introduce dm 2 som else. It sounds awkward lik one of d posters pointed out 2 refer 2 dm as uncles wn d c u as brother. Funny but its true

(1) (Reply)

8yr Old Girl Was Tortured, Starved And Raped By Her Parents For 5years. / Must The Head Of The House Determine Who His Wife And Children Vote For? / Dealing With Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.