Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 (33054 Views)

Leicester Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 14th December 2015 / UEFA Champions League Draw On 14th December 2015 / Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by fredoooooo: 5:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
OSCAR FOR MATA
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Havilah93(m): 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
palace chance wasted.

63 mins
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Havilah93(m): 5:23pm On Dec 14, 2013
torres offside
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by ifeanyija(m): 5:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
chelseabmw: MANCITY NOR GO FIT BEAT CHELSEA LIKE DIS NAHHHHH,,,,,,,................HABA...... UNA NOR DEY SHAME @GUNNERS ............. ABI UNA NOR BRING UNA GUN COME.........................WHERE'S IS OZIL??

Go check their head-to-head

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Vickfrank62(m): 5:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
Eseharrison:

And a 3-0 goal margin it is
Am up der boss e no easy
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Vickfrank62(m): 5:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
fredoooooo: OSCAR FOR MATA
Yu miss road?#justasking
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by banwopaul(m): 6:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
ManCity 6 - Arsenal 3

Hmmmmmmmmm! Amazing score line at the Ethiad stadium. I'm not that surprised. Man city was good in all department today no doubt as they have been in their home games record. But this is a defeat with pride for Arsenal because the City couldn't win this game with landslide like this, thanks to the numerous decisions that were out of favor to the Gunners. PENALTY turned down, TWO clean goals ruled offside among others and Arsenal still managed to score 3 goals even with the morale being down after the 4th goal was conceded.

For me, I still respect Arsenal and I am proud of their game today. Besides, this is better than the 6-1 thrashing of Man U two seasons ago.

And GUESS WHAT?, the league is still open, we are still top, Arsenal all the way.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
And the it ends here.

Oya, everybody,
Commot from this thread.

Oya, shooo, hapaya.., out now

Una no see say game don finish? undecidedV

Abi una wan make I close thread?!

#crying#

Arsenal faaaalll ♍¥ leg. smiley
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
Congrats to the Man City players today. Our guys were amazing and recorded another amazing victory this season.

More consistency this season is needed and FERNANDHINO deserves a place in this World Cup.

As for the Gunners, you guys played with pride and I hope you bounce back strongly and convincingly in the next match. Wilshere was pure class today.

BLUE MOON RISING.
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
obayaya:

who laughs lasts... laughs best
How far d 2k nah?? Hahahaha Arsenal fans and their cheap bets
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Kelvindwaplord(m): 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
Like Seriously , Ozil Is A Lazy Player!. A Very Lazy One. He's Good But He's Too Lazy. He Shines During The Small Games But Plays Nothing During The Big Games.

His work rate is too poor and it showed clearly in today's game

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by caprini: 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
Not a fan of either teams..
but I hope someone noticed the unbelievable laziness of ozil and wilshere.They allowed mertzesacker suffer so much in defence ,always looking for one favour or the other from the referee when tackled..haba..no be ten ten now!..Now I know why Ancelloti says he doesn't miss ozil.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kelvindwaplord: Like Seriously , Ozil Is A Lazy Player!. A Very Lazy One. He's Good But He's Too Lazy. He Shines During The Small Games But Plays Nothing During The Big Games.

His work rate is too poor and it showed clearly in today's game

Very few can florish against Yaya Toure and Fernandhino. Their strength and workcrate is out of this world. You can't tag Ozil weak when these two are concerned. Ask Javi Martinez, Toni Kroos, Thiago Alcantara and Gotze.
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
caprini: Not a fan of either teams..
but I hope someone noticed the unbelievable laziness of ozil and wilshere.They allowed mertzesacker suffer so much in defence ,always looking for one favour or the other from the referee when tackled..haba..no be ten ten now!..Now I know why Ancelloti says he doesn't miss ozil.

I disagree with you. Wilshere was amazing and skinned Yaya in some instances. He broke into the strong midfield of Man City many times. Ozil created a lot of chances.

Arsenal are the first team to score more than one goal at the Etihad this season. Only Rooney and Lukaku have scored.
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Iwittler(m): 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2013
Eewooooo!ds1 na world war3 oooooo;;;c beating as if sey arsene wenger dey on red card;;;God dey
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 14, 2013
Did anyone really expect arsenal to win city after such a difficult fixture lately? There were three clear offsides against city but were never given. A clear penalty for gunners. It wasn't given. Some hard tackles from city. Nothing!

Gunners dropped 3 points. That's it. Just wondering y the poor guys had to play today after the Napoli game, 2 1/2 days ago. Then wait for 9 days to play chelsea. Pls can someone explain to me the rationale behind the congestion of games? Not that I thought arsenal was gonna win, but it just doesn't add up. Does it?

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
Presbulg: Its a contest between Premier League's best attack Vs Premier League's best defence, best home team Vs best away team.

COYG
I laugh.
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
ontarian: Did anyone really expect arsenal to win city after such a difficult fixture lately? There were three clear offsides against city but were never given. A clear penalty for gunners. It wasn't given. Some hard tackles from city. Nothing!

Gunners dropped 3 points. That's it. Just wondering y the poor guys had to play today after the Napoli game, 2 1/2 days ago. Then wait for 9 days to play chelsea. Pls can someone explain to me the rationale behind the congestion of games? Not that I thought arsenal was gonna win, but it just doesn't add up. Does it?

I wonder which offside you are refering to. I don't remember a City goal that was offside.

The Zabaleta handball was never a penalty. That ball deflected off his leg. Will you be happy if Koscielny tries blocking a ball and it hits his leg and then his hand and the referee blows a penal?

It was a good game. If we talk of hard tackles, what of the one Koscielny tackled Aguero that got Aguero injured? The ref gave nothing. What of Wilshere elbowing Clichy and the referee gave nothing.
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I wonder which offside you are refering to. I don't remember a City goal that was offside.

The Zabaleta handball was never a penalty. That ball deflected off his leg. Will you be happy if Koscielny tries blocking a ball and it hits his leg and then his hand and the referee blows a penal?

It was a good game. If we talk of hard tackles, what of the one Koscielny tackled Aguero that got Aguero injured? The ref gave nothing. What of Wilshere elbowing Clichy and the referee gave nothing.

None of the goals was offside but there were three offside positions by city that wasn't given. These things all add up. When it is called, u get a break. The attacking side lose their tempo. U reset the game. Lol.

That's y basketball rules are way better and much more fair than football. Every decision is scrutinized. It is boring though as it slows down the game.

Make no mistake about it, City thoroughly deserve their win. Arsenal gifted them very easy goals.

Cheer up gunners, it was no mean feat to put three past city at d etihad. The rest of the league managed 2. With a little tinkering of the game plan, the result might have been a bit respectable. Good luck to all the teams!

But bro, Kosc left the game on 42nd min while aguero was wounded on. 50th min. Am I missing something here?

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
It wasn't Koscielny but it was an Arsenal player who went in too hard. Even the Man City players were complaining. The ref let it go.

By the way Wilshere needs to learn manners. A middle finger to a match official is a no no.
ontarian:

None of the goals was offside but there were three offside positions by city that wasn't given. These things all add up. When it is called, u get a break. The attacking side lose their tempo. U reset the game. Lol.

That's y basketball rules are way better and much more fair than football. Every decision is scrutinized. It is boring though as it slows down the game.

Make no mistake about it, City thoroughly deserve their win. Arsenal gifted them very easy goals.

Cheer up gunners, it was no mean feat to put three past city at d etihad. The rest of the league managed 2. With a little tinkering of the game plan, the result might have been a bit respectable. Good luck to all the teams!

But bro, Kosc left the game on 42nd min while aguero was wounded on. 50th min. Am I missing something here?
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: It wasn't Koscielny but it was an Arsenal player who went in too hard. Even the Man City players were complaining. The ref let it go.

By the way Wilshere needs to learn manners. A middle finger to a match official is a no no.

Absolutely no no! Hope he gets fined and banned for Chelsea game. Monreal or whatever his name is played as a midfielder or what? Lol didn't see any left full back from arsenal.

City is simply class at home. A beauty to watch. Loving the epl every day. Season is gonna be tough.
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
ontarian:

Absolutely no no! Hope he gets fined and banned for Chelsea game. Monreal or whatever his name is played as a midfielder or what? Lol didn't see any left full back from arsenal.

City is simply class at home. A beauty to watch. Loving the epl every day. Season is gonna be tough.

It was a great game, Arsenal showed fight. I hope the Gunners put this defeat behind them and continue the next match with a convincing victory. Nice seeing Theo Walcott back and scoring.

Walcott's second goal was pure class. Similar to Igwe Henry.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by layifioren(m): 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
I think Arsenal made a big mistake in playing not to lose against Napoli. As a "winning team," you have to always put your foot to the pedal. When you don't do that is when stupid things happen such as injuries and lackadaisical performance. It's never good to play not to lose. Nothing good has ever come of it!
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

It was a great game, Arsenal showed fight. I hope the Gunners put this defeat behind them and continue the next match with a convincing victory. Nice seeing Theo Walcott back and scoring.

Walcott's second goal was pure class. Similar to Igwe Henry.

Igwe written all over it. May be we should play him as cf. don't worry about Chelsea. It is a done deal. Them go hear am. Shebi boys go rest well well before then. They could barely beat anyone these days. Hahaha. Make i shut up oo! Them no dey too trust gunners.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by 1025: 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
ABEG, is anyone here aware of why mertescar wanted to beat ozil after the game? just one game and they are fighting? the team has no leader and as i can bet anything, arsenal is not in a good position to win this league.
ozil football club is just a project in hand.
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
layifioren: I think Arsenal made a big mistake in playing not to lose against Napoli. As a "winning team," you have to always put your foot to the pedal. When you don't do that is when stupid things happen such as injuries and lackadaisical performance. It's never good to play not to lose. Nothing good has ever come of it!

Lol! How else will u describe Chelsea's champions league win? As a matter of fact, arsenal does not know how to play " not to lose". That's their biggest problem in my opinion.

Today's game, arteta and flamini suppose man the midfield to provide some grit. Ozil and jack are too weak for city.

Wenger doesn't seem to understand the weakness of his team and neither does he understand the strength of his opponents or even their weakness.
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
1025: ABEG, is anyone here aware of why mertescar wanted to beat ozil after the game? just one game and they are fighting? the team has no leader and as i can bet anything, arsenal is not in a good position to win this league.
ozil football club is just a project in hand.

He was telling Ozil that he can do much beter. Just a kick on the butt to wake him up. Ozil and jack waste too much time to release ball.

Theo needed to be released on one on one bases but those two were busy romancing the ball.

I think they need that kind of talk. Remember, Per is deputy captain.
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by layifioren(m): 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
ontarian:

Lol! How else will u describe Chelsea's champions league win? As a matter of fact, arsenal does not know how to play " not to lose". That's their biggest problem in my opinion.

Today's game, arteta and flamini suppose man the midfield to provide some grit. Ozil and jack are too weak for city.

Wenger doesn't seem to understand the weakness of his team and neither does he understand the strength of his opponents or even their weakness.

But that was Chelsea's style pretty much all season during that season. Not the case the Arsenal though. You do what you know how to do best and for crying out loud, Chelsea was mad lucky as you know it. I agree with you though on the last part. Sometimes I wonder how he comes up with his sub too. I mean Cazorla will be playing good and he'll pull him for say pinky boots Bendtner. I don't quite get what he's thinking when he subs

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
layifioren:

But that was Chelsea's style pretty much all season during that season. Not the case the Arsenal though. You do what you know how to do best and for crying out loud, Chelsea was mad lucky as you know it. I agree with you though on the last part. Sometimes I wonder how he comes up with his sub too. I mean Cazorla will be playing good and he'll pull him for say pinky boots Bendtner. I don't quite get what he's thinking when he subs

Honestly I don't mind losing at city but not that goal margin. If it was2-1, I would sleep good tonite. Why do we always lose whenever vermaleen plays? We didn't control the midfield at all .
Check out the few attacks we made and we came up with 3 great goals. We needed to defend. Jack and Ramsey didn't do enough D.
Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
layifioren:

Today, I craved Bendtner. Giroud abi Giraffe can't run. He can't create nothing. Can't defend. Bendtner was a great substitute. Boy, there is trouble. We need attackers urgently. No atom of seriousness at all. Chai!

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea - (0 - 0) On 24th October 2020 / EPL: Man Utd Stars Snub Ronaldo As Player Of The Year / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.