Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,326 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Is Victor Moses Overrated? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Victor Moses Overrated? (10817 Views)

Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? / Is Victor Moses Better Than Ikechukwu Uche ? / Where Is Victor Agali? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Victor Moses Overrated? by yoji: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2013
As far as Nigerians are concerned, he is one of the best players in the world. When he was a squad player at chelsea , we insulted the chelsea bosses for not using him enough. Apparently they knew what they were doing so much so that when he sought his loan move away to Liverpool, mourinho did not even think twice b4letting him go, but we rejoiced upon his joining the revolution at mersyside and swore to mock mourinho for gettin him go. Now fast forward almost halfway into the season, and he still remains a squad player at Liverpool. It's the same predicament at another club. To b fair to rogers, he did play Moses regularly at the start of the season, but he simply didn't perform. He failed to deliver from his favorite position, the wing so rogers deployed him into the no 10 position which was supposed to cover for the injured coutinho. Still he didn't perform. Now he is on the bench playing second fiddle to average players like Henderson and sterling.
One thing is basic, chelsea don't miss him, like they miss lukaku and he hasn't contributed anything to Liverpool's brilliant season so far. And even when he comes on for a few minutes, still nothing happens.
To think of the fact that we expect to perform at the world cup when all our star players are just squad players is scary.

1 Like

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Afam4eva(m): 9:18am On Dec 08, 2013
All i know is that Victor Moses is a good player but he's too lazy. I've watched him in Liverpool several times and he's too laid back to be considered on of the best in the world. He has to attempt to do out of the box stuff.

1 Like

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by bizibrain(m): 9:26am On Dec 08, 2013
To b candid, moses is an excellent player, he plays excellently for Nigeria, but wen he returns 2 his club, damn, I wonder d devil dat runs in his brain, av neva been impressed wit his game @ chelsea, he plays as if he is scared, and get tackled and fall almost everytime he posses d ball.

I can neva 4get 1 of his awful cross @ chelsea, haba, so disgustin

He made 1 assist 4 toress wit his head but he nod d ball wit his face and forehead somehw, so unproffesional.

I like him as a player, I was biased wen he was loaned 2 liverpool but down inside me, victor moses wont b in my squad if I were mourinho

I notice he performs brilliantly 4 an avearge and below avearge teams(for example super eagle nd wigan athletic) but he contibute virtually nothing 2 big teams(chelsea, liverpool).

If he countinues like dis, he may end up in relegation team.

3 Likes

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by amedave(m): 10:05am On Dec 08, 2013
being honest moses has lost it, any time i watch his club games i weep for him, i hate players who play like him, he hardly attacks when he losses the ball and he is too selfish, i think he should be learn to bring in the team before himself if he must be a great player that he is made to be. Moses has great talents but he doesn't work on himself and he is really after self glory, check out all exceptional players they have time for themself, they improve each of their games, take ppl like Messi and Cr7 for example these players are not lazy players, i seriously weep for nigerian players none of them is hungry to improve

1 Like

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by sambos994(m): 10:15am On Dec 08, 2013
When he plays for Nigeria he's a boss. When he foes back to Liverpool, he stinks.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by naijanoni(m): 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2013
Moses is a very good player with good potentials,but i've noticed he is very lazy.Not that he is scared,he just doesnt like to get involved.I'm not a liverpool fan,but i've been following their matches.I am very happy that rodgers dropped him on d bench.IMO he doesnt even deserves to play at all even as a substitute.He has been given his chances,but he didnt take it.By the time he stays on d bench without playing at all for about 6 straight games,then he'll know that he has to buckle up.He is one of d most naturally skillful players in d EPL,but he just doesnt want to improve on those natural talents.So lazy.If he continues like this,next season he would be loaned out to a championship or buttom table team.
He really needs a coach that would give him tough love and fire him up.We saw mourinho's tough love effect on him in pre-season.Those are d kind of coaches that can improve moses.

2 Likes

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by collynzo2(m): 2:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
^^@ Noni you are right, the guy plays like he is being forced to play for Liverpool, he walks around while others are running, he doesn't make any attempt at marking, Liverpool fans are beginning to hate him for his attitude on the pitch. Is it that they are owing him salary or what?
Moses really needs to start getting more involved whenever he is on the pitch, at this rate he has no chance of getting a place back at Chelsea. There is nothing worse than earning the reputation of a lazy player in England, he needs to change fast!
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by chessguru1(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
Its either d boy J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ lost form, or his heart is still in chelsea

1 Like

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by yoji: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
Now i hear Liverpool have almost completed for Muhammad salah which will further push him down the pecking order.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Bravoosii: 6:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
This guy was tormenting fullbacks when he was at Wigan, had an average first season at Chelsea and just went downhill at Liverpool. I just find it ironic for a player with pace to slow down the game, kills his team mates' morale. He'll be returned to Chelsea at the end of the season and then sold off to some mid-table team.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by tall2ce(m): 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
He has flair but he lacks cutting edge,he shud work on his passes and improve his goalscoring ratio
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by ednut1(m): 7:26am On Dec 23, 2013
was made for a mid table team.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Drfash(f): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Which one?
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by 9jahubcom(m): 3:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
not really
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Jensenelizz(m): 3:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
In my opinion dat nigga shouldn't be rated at all....he is one lazy bi*ch as$ player.....even osaze is better dan him bt just had rough luck

1 Like

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Vicjay1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
yes and his ego won't let him improve. He should just go to a mid league team where he can improve.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by ichidodo: 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Not overrated but haven't reach full potentials yet, what he needs is more game time

2 Likes

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by amedino(m): 3:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
He needs more playing time.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by pek(m): 3:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
Moses one of the best in the world? I laugh in Latin.

2 Likes

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by dayokanu(m): 3:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
He is a small team player
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by greall1: 3:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
He need playing Time it happened 2 Torres.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by emmawiz: 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
Yessssssssssssssssss! No beef. Even d so called obi michael.

3 Likes

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by tigonana: 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
The guy shld go to small club like sunderland,stoke,aston villa e.t.c dere he go shine well,rmember wen he was playing for wigan he's 1 of dere star player. the liverpool he s now is too big for him.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by john6006: 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
Thesame Boy who help us to redeem our Image in Africans Nations Cup.
Is now overrated.
Nigerians ,why cant you People Look for another Story rather than writing rubbish
Just to be on Front Page.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by AntiSerious: 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
For someone who was included in the Galaxy 11 alongside the likes of ronaldo,messi.oscar etc....he shuld be pretty good.....#GBAM! i rest my case cool
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by bumdish: 3:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
yoji: As far as Nigerians are concerned, he is one of the best players in the world. When he was a squad player at chelsea , we insulted the chelsea bosses for not using him enough. Apparently they knew what they were doing so much so that when he sought his loan move away to Liverpool, mourinho did not even think twice b4letting him go, but we rejoiced upon his joining the revolution at mersyside and swore to mock mourinho for gettin him go. Now fast forward almost halfway into the season, and he still remains a squad player at Liverpool. It's the same predicament at another club. To b fair to rogers, he did play Moses regularly at the start of the season, but he simply didn't perform. He failed to deliver from his favorite position, the wing so rogers deployed him into the no 10 position which was supposed to cover for the injured coutinho. Still he didn't perform. Now he is on the bench playing second fiddle to average players like Henderson and sterling.
One thing is basic, chelsea don't miss him, like they miss lukaku and he hasn't contributed anything to Liverpool's brilliant season so far. And even when he comes on for a few minutes, still nothing happens.
To think of the fact that we expect to perform at the world cup when all our star players are just squad players is scary.

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by ndidibabe(f): 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
He should go to Arsenal. There are worse player than him in there.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by oluomad(m): 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
He has lost his confidence, he needs to start from middle team like everton where he will play regulary so as to get his confidence back
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
he is shit now ,he is very lazy .
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by nerodenero: 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
john6006: Thesame Boy who help us to redeem our Image in Africans Nations Cup.
Is now overrated.
Nigerians ,why cant you People Look for another Story rather than writing rubbish
Just to be on Front Page.
The article isn't rubbish but a wake-up call for the dude.All the submissions are constructive criticisms borne out of the love many of us have for him.I pray he gets to read these comments and improve accordingly.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
collynzo2: ^^@ Noni you are right, the guy plays like he is being forced to play for Liverpool, he walks around while others are running, he doesn't make any attempt at marking, Liverpool fans are beginning to hate him for his attitude on the pitch. Is it that they are owing him salary or what?
Moses really needs to start getting more involved whenever he is on the pitch, at this rate he has no chance of getting a place back at Chelsea. There is nothing worse than earning the reputation of a lazy player in England, he needs to change fast!
I'm a Liverpool fan. I was really happy seeing a fellow compatriot joining my lovely football club on loan. He impressed a lot in his first game against Swansea where he scored a goal and created a clear chance for Sturridge. Ever since the game against Swansea, Moses has been pant. What infuriates me most is his attitude whenever he is on the pitch, he always plays as if he is not concerned. He was at fault for the 1st goal we conceded against Hull City, he was also guilty of losing a clear cut chance in the same game. I can't blame BR for relegating him to the bench.

As a Nigerian, I really wish he could step up his game and play with the right attitude. I expect BR to ship him back to Chelski this January.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON 2019: Profiling Nigeria’s AFCON Opponents / Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. / World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.