Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted (1997 Views)

Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries / Women Stage Protest Against Oshiomhole In Benin (Photos) / Mass Protest Against Oshiomhole Administration Rocks Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by usibengate(m): 9:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
BENIN—FORMER member of the House of Representatives and chieftain of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Edo State, Mr. West Ehioge-Idahosa, has said that despite the criticisms against Governor Adams Oshiomhole by the PDP, the governor has given the state a face lift in the past six years.
He urged the governor to ensure that a credible candidate succeeds him in office in order not to draw the state backward. The three-term lawmaker, who was one of the senatorial aspirants of the PDP in Edo South, in the just concluded primaries of the party, spoke in an interview with Vanguard.
He said: “There is no question of whether the governor has performed even though you want to deny the governor some credit because he is in All Progressives Congress, APC, while I am in the PDP. Conscience will not allow you to completely deny him his credit. When you fly into Benin, for example, and take an aerial view of Benin, you will see that things have changed, it is no longer what it used to be.
“When you go out of Benin and go to the local government areas and see what had been done there, you cannot but appreciate him. I had been tempted to deny him some credit myself especially when I got angry and left the APC for the PDP. Each time I see primary schools in the rural areas, machines working on infrastructure, I always tell myself, notwithstanding the difference in platform, that this man is doing well.
“No man is God, no man is perfect. Many will accuse him of taking some erratic decisions, but for a mobilizer, someone who gave all his life from the labour back ground, you must allow some excesses to be excused on his part. In terms of focus on governance, I will say that infrastructurally, he has done well.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/criticisms-oshiomhole-unfair-edo-pdp-chieftain/
Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by saharachic(f): 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
Idahosa should stop being a closet APC member and declare fully.

3 Likes

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by pacifique(m): 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
saharachic:
Idahosa should stop being a closet APC member and declare fully.
Guy you from Edo?

2 Likes

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
PDP Man Defending Oshiomole
“When you go out of Benin and go to the local government areas and see what had been done there, you cannot but appreciate him. I had been tempted to deny him some credit myself especially when I got angry and left the APC for the PDP. Each time I see primary schools in the rural areas, machines working on infrastructure, I always tell myself, notwithstanding the difference in platform, that this man is doing well.
"When a Man's ways pleases God, even the enemies is at peace with him"

cc
Mogidi, Donphilopus

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by gebest: 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
usibengate:
BENIN—FORMER member of the House of Representatives and chieftain of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Edo State, Mr. West Ehioge-Idahosa, has said that despite the criticisms against Governor Adams Oshiomhole by the PDP, the governor has given the state a face lift in the past six years.
He urged the governor to ensure that a credible candidate succeeds him in office in order not to draw the state backward. The three-term lawmaker, who was one of the senatorial aspirants of the PDP in Edo South, in the just concluded primaries of the party, spoke in an interview with Vanguard.
He said: “There is no question of whether the governor has performed even though you want to deny the governor some credit because he is in All Progressives Congress, APC, while I am in the PDP. Conscience will not allow you to completely deny him his credit. When you fly into Benin, for example, and take an aerial view of Benin, you will see that things have changed, it is no longer what it used to be.
“No man is God, no man is perfect. Many will accuse him of taking some erratic decisions, but for a mobilizer, someone who gave all his life from the labour back ground, you must allow some excesses to be excused on his part. In terms of focus on governance, I will say that infrastructurally, he has done well.”
AND I WILL SAY MAY GOD BLESS OSHIOMHOLE AND BLESS U TOO 4 SAYIN D TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by saaedlee: 9:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
Next thing you know, the PeeDeePee will send him packing from their yeye party.
Give honour to whom honour is due seems to be a crime in PDP's Rule book! #JustSaying

Meanwhile, Vote General Muhammadu Buhari for President

God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by saharachic(f): 9:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
barcanista:
Guy you from Edo?

which one be "guy"? i'm an edo princess

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 14, 2015
saharachic:

which one be "guy"? i'm an edo princess
No vex abeg. I no bother to check your moniker. Edo princess? Nice to meet you cool

Are you in support of Oshio's action?

2 Likes

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by saharachic(f): 10:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
barcanista:
No vex abeg. I bother to check your moniker. Edo princess? Nice to meet you cool

Are you in support of Oshio's action?

always in support of oshiobaba

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 14, 2015
saharachic:

always in support of oshiobaba
All the beautiful girls support APC

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by Mogidi: 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
barcanista:

cc
Mogidi, Donphilopus

I saw it in Vanguardng earlier, its in our DNA to always appreciate progress where there's one. Unfortunately you don't see APC supporters reciprocating same way.
I don't see you lauding the many achievements of GEJ, even the obvious ones in Transportation and Agriculture.
Oshiomhole tried but so was Osumbor who spent only 2yrs.
Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
Mogidi:

I saw it in Vanguardng earlier, its in our DNA to always appreciate progress where there's one. Unfortunately you don't see APC supporters reciprocating same way.
I don't see you lauding the many achievements of GEJ, even the obvious ones in Transportation and Agriculture.
Oshiomhole tried but so was Osumbor who spent barely 2yrs in power.
This is why you guys are having rapid development in Edo state. I wish the PDP Rivers will allow Amaechi face his work and face him during election. You and I know that I always laud Jonathan for the passage of FOI Act.

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by donphilopus: 10:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
barcanista:

cc
Mogidi, Donphilopus

Mogidi would only tell us the man said so because he lost out at the Edo South PDP Primaries. Anyway, the man has said nothing but the truth. If they say Oshiomole has done nothing, then they should show us Lucky's achievements.

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
donphilopus:

Mogidi would only tell us the man said so because he lost out at the Edo South PDP Primaries. Anyway, the man has said nothing but the truth. If they say Oshiomole has done nothing, then they should show us Lucky's achievements.
Did Lucky leave any legacy?

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by donphilopus: 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
Mogidi:

Oshiomhole tried but so was Osumbor who spent only 2yrs.

Bro, this' what I've been expecting you to say. I've always maintained that Osunbor tried. If given the opportunity once again, he would still perform. But unfortunately, the guy is from a minority tribe plus the Benin/Esan saga. I pray the man who has the interest of Edolites at heart takes over from Oshiobaba sha!

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by Mogidi: 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
barcanista:
This is why you guys are having rapid development in Edo state. I wish the PDP Rivers will allow Amaechi face his work and face him during election. You and I know that I always laud Jonathan for the passage of FOI Act.

Amaechi can't blame PDP in Rivers State, he took his eyes off the ball as soon as he jumped ship and was promised lucrative appointment. Most of the progress in Rivers happened when Amaechi was in PDP, he abandoned Rivers state in pursuit of personal interest, he's a highly ambitious man.
Am not so keen on Wike but someone needs to rescue Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by donphilopus: 10:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
barcanista:

What kinda
Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by Mogidi: 10:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
donphilopus:

Bro, this' what I've been expecting you to say. I've always maintained that Osunbor tried. If given the opportunity once again, he would still perform. But unfortunately, [size=15pt]the guy is from a minority tribe plus the Benin/Esan saga.[/size] I pray the man who has the interest of Edolites at heart takes over from Oshiobaba sha!

What do you mean by Benin/Esan saga?
Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by jelel6: 10:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
bar some erratic decisions by oshio-baba, he has really done well in every local govt in edo. I frequent the norther parts of edo and i dare say that his fingerprint abound everywhere. And he got much love from the people.

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by donphilopus: 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
Mogidi:

What do you mean by Benin/Esan saga?

I'm neither Benin nor Esan. But with the way people from these places talk, you'll know they don't like themselves. What was the reason Osunbor lost at the Court to Oshiomole? Benin people didn't vote Osunbor because he's Esan plus the fact that they were tired of PDP then. The Election was massively rigged in my LG (Akoko Edo) and Etsako East or Central or so.

Sometimes I even hear Benin man say 'If you see Esan man and goat wey them say make you kill one, kill the Esan man 1st' and some other stuffs like "House To Let (Esan Man is not needed)'. You understand now?

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by saharachic(f): 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
barcanista:
All the beautiful girls support APC

yeah dawg
Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by EdCure: 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
Idahosa spoke the truth. No matter the lies peddled by Igbinedions ITV can change. The reality on ground.
Oshiomhole has done a wonderful job in Edo. This fact is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. Gabriel Igbinedion and his entire family, including the retrogressive anarchists in the nest of looters and killers called PDP should all be ashamed of themselves.

These band of PDP rascals and anarchist will be stripped bare of their federal protection which they have been flaunting to perpetrate chaos, disaffection and public discord.

What could be more pleasing than to see a rich thief begging for mercy? cool

3 Likes

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by bokohalal(m): 10:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
barcanista:
Yes, he did. He loved ancient Benin city so much he left it untouched!
Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
bokohalal:

Yes, he did. He loved ancient Benin city so much he left it untouched!
grin grin grin

The Ancient city of Benin
Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by Mogidi: 10:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
donphilopus:

I'm neither Benin nor Esan. But with the way people from these places talk, you'll know they don't like themselves. What was the reason Osunbor lost at the Court to Oshiomole? Benin people didn't vote Osunbor because he's Esan plus the fact that they were tired of PDP then. The Election was massively rigged in my LG (Akoko Edo) and Etsako East or Central or so.

Sometimes I even hear Benin man say 'If you see Esan man and goat wey them say make you kill one, kill the Esan man 1st' and some other stuffs like "House To Let (Esan Man is not needed)'. You understand now?

Bros there's always that rivalry between tribes that share same ancestors. There are rivalries amongst Yorubas, Igbos etc, it is expected. The reason Osumbor lost in court was because of Anenih.

Anenih wanted Odion Ugbesia as governor whilst OBJ wanted Osumbor. I went to the stadium with Senator Odion Ugbesia for his declaration, it was whilst there that OBJ called Anenih to put a stop to Ugbesia's declaration.
Oshiomhole only won the court case because Anenih gave him documents which proved beyond doubt that the election was rigged. You will remember Oshiomhole was very close to Anenih when he first came to power.
Oshiomhole has Anenih to thank for disagreeing with OBJ, Osumbor would have been our governor now.
Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by donphilopus: 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
Mogidi:

Bros there's always that rivalry between tribes that share same ancestors. There are rivalries amongst Yorubas, Igbos etc, it is expected. The reason Osumbor lost in court was because of Anenih.

Anenih wanted Odion Ugbesia as governor whilst OBJ wanted Osumbor. I went to the stadium with Senator Odion Ugbesia for his declaration, it was whilst there that OBJ called Anenih to put a stop to Ugbesia's declaration.
Oshiomhole only won the court case because Anenih gave him documents which proved beyond doubt that the election was rigged. You will remember Oshiomhole was very close to Anenih when he first came to power.
Oshiomhole has Anenih to thank for disagreeing with OBJ, Osumbor would have been our governor now.

We're almost saying the same thing bros. People like Anenih and Igbinedion were very angry with Obasanjo then. Lucky was even among the people who ensured that Osunbor lost the Election is Benin. Anyway, that's already past. Now gallantly awaiting the 2016 Polls!
Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by usibengate(m): 11:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
Oshiomhole was not even having any connection with Anenih as at then. Though Anenih kept quiet on the issue between Osunbor and Oshiomhole, cos both were not his favourite, except Idiot Iglesia. It was the forensic scans that Oshiomhole brought that proves otherwise. But the silent of Anenih was what brought the winning to Oshiomhole. Meanwhile Anenih did not give or provide Oshiomhole with any winning documents

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by Mogidi: 11:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
usibengate:
@Mogidi why u like dey always change matter?, but why? Oshiomhole was not even having any connection with Anenih as at then. Though Anenih kept quiet on the issue between Osunbor and Oshiomhole, cos both were not his favourite, except Idiot Iglesia. It was the forensic scans that Oshiomhole brought that proves otherwise. But the silent of Anenih was what brought the winning to Oshiomhole. Meanwhile Anenih did not give or provide Oshiomhole with any winning documents please nor talk spoil or rather publicise or spread ignorance here

I won't be making the claims authoritatively if I wasn't there.
Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by Mogidi: 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
donphilopus:

We're almost saying the same thing bros. People like Anenih and Igbinedion were very angry with Obasanjo then. Lucky was even among the people who ensured that Osunbor lost the Election is Benin. Anyway, that's already past. Now gallantly awaiting the 2016 Polls!

May the best man win.
Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by donphilopus: 11:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
Mogidi:

May the best man win.

Amen o!

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted by fr3do(m): 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2015
Edo politics is interesting compared to Asaba politics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gen Buhari Interview With BBC / 22 States PDP will Win: based on current events / I Hereby Congratulates GMB!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.