Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) (21358 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) / Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by SAGirl: 2:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
tempestjr: Just wondering why there's a memorial service held for Mandela in Nigeria. He was not a Nigerian and this should have been done by the SA embassy. I believe we have misplaced priorities in this country. And it's not like our leaders have learnt anything from the man's life.

We have heard that he stole any of his nation's wealth, nor has houses all over the world etc.

Have we really learnt anything from the life he lived

We feel teh exact same way about the current leadership in SA... sad
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by dom(m): 2:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
The last picture is a picture of me conducting my choral group, The Abuja Choral Ensemble. We sang "I have a dream" and "nkosi sikeleli Africa." The crowd appreciation was very very encouraging. The south african ambassador has invited us to perform this week at their embassy during their own mandela tribute night. A few other offers came in. Pls feel free to contact us for all your top quality choral entertainment and performance, including, but not limited to Christmas concerts. Contact us via www.abujachoralensemble.com or mail us at abjensemble@gmail.com. Thanks OP for the pictures.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Welrez(m): 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
Khalessi: I wonder which one of this choir girls oga Jona go dey control... wink
If u need anyone of them u're free.Na free world.No kill urself with jealousy and hunger.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
ngoziama: About 98% of the current african leaders do not deserve to honour mandela because they have all disappointed mandela.they have never lived up to his expectations.they have remained wicked,corrupt,power drunk,greedy,selfish and inconsiderate. African leaders including zuma should all be bounced and they should bow their heads all in shame.Mandela won't even be happy seeing all these thieves honour him.I trust nigerian contingent,maybe 1000 delegates.our past and present leaders in this continent have got no shame, see them eulogising mandela yet they had same opportunity as mandela but they preferred to impoverish and kill the masses.Shame on african leaders.for those leaders trying at all in africa well done but I know ther can never be another mandela not just in africa but the whole world,Rest in Peace Mandela!

OH SHUT IT. What do you even know about Africa? Where and where have you been in the continent? Stop lumping the continent together like its one damn country just because you're too lazy and dumb to research individual progresss in nations, swallowing CNN koolaid. And this Mandela thing is getting to your head. How many leaders on earth compare with Mandela? Yet you expect ''98% of African leaders'' to be saint-like beings. Just wake up to the fact that Mandela was a HUMAN ENIGMA created by his UNIQUE EXPERIENCE of being locked up for 27 years by a brutal regime, and stop bothering the rest of us with your quest for the perfection you yourself lack. Insofar as there is evidence of progressive improvement in the lives of Africans as the years progress (and there IS), we can be hopeful for the African future.

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2013
Welrez: If u need anyone of them u're free.Na free world.No kill urself with jealousy and hunger.
You the hungry one okon...seeing that you lack the spirit of comprehension...btw am a girl so I don't need them silly maggot. undecided
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by RSAMAN(m): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
NOIBMUUL:

Nigeria and "feferity"! In South Africa, Mandela's home country, they declared 1 day mourning, we for naija na 3 full days dem declare. Now a memorial service for Mandela in Abuja where none of his family or even close friends were present?! Can you cut a person's hair in the absence of the person? Another avenue to squander money. Na so Mandela live him life? SMH

They declared 1 day of mourning in south africa? Wtf? SA declared 10 days of mourning, get your facts right.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by latrust(f): 7:08pm On Dec 09, 2013
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Akiika: 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
This man Jonathan and his handlers don kolo finally!
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by GeeOh(f): 8:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
RIP mandiba
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by ngoziama: 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2013
ROSSIKE:

OH SHUT IT. What do you even know about Africa? Where and where have you been in the continent? Stop lumping the continent together like its one damn country just because you're too lazy and dumb to research individual progresss in nations, swallowing CNN koolaid. And this Mandela thing is getting to your head. How many leaders on earth compare with Mandela? Yet you expect ''98% of African leaders'' to be saint-like beings. Just wake up to the fact that Mandela was a HUMAN ENIGMA created by his UNIQUE EXPERIENCE of being locked up for 27 years by a brutal regime, and stop bothering the rest of us with your quest for the perfection you yourself lack. Insofar as there is evidence of progressive improvement in the lives of Africans as the years progress (and there IS), we can be hopeful for the African future.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by ngoziama: 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
ROSSIKE:

@rossike

Having read your response,I can clearly confirm that you lack manners and sound arrogant yet you have proved to be an empty vessel. I don't need to brag on social network about continents I have visited but for your sake I would give hints in that regard. if I have been to about four continents and still counting,then I must be well exposed to write without fear or intimidation from dafts like you.
Tell me the continent that has the highest number of casualities at the world high seas. Africa of course,were the leaders to be sincere,would the citizens risk their lives to go search for greener pastures and get drowned almost on daily basis. I am a nigerian and an african and has every right to critique my continent. Of course in other continents they have their own leadership problem but even an unborn child knows that almost every african president is greedy and selfish. A continent where leaders groom even their sons and daughters to take over leadership positions when they are no longer there.Is it not in africa that leaders stay put for over 40 years ruling people without consideration. What research do I need to convince empty vessels like you about the region africa.mandela went to prison for 27years.Those number of years were enough to make him brutal and wicked yet he forgave the whites,ruled for single tenure and handed over without carrying ghana must go bags to buy over people.A nelson mandela would have even been a life president yet he honourably left at the appropriate time. Mr/Mrs know it all,remember that I never praised myself on this medium knowing fully well that I am not impeccable but truth I know is always bitter. If only it could be possible for mandela to address the people during this burial,I bet he would lash everyone but most especially african leaders. You talk about hopeful africa like you control hope.The earlier you realise that you have lost control of hope in africa then the better for you. Furthermore,I wish to draw your attention to where I encouraged the minute number of leaders working in africa.I really don't understand your problem. Alas you seem to be one of those that feel they can insult people.Beware!.Beware!
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by DARREG(m): 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
Good day Khalessi...stop making me look like a perv...i sent u a PM and i expect you to kindly reply if its ok by you...abeg no spoil my adventure o
Welrez: If u need anyone of them u're free.Na free world.No kill urself with jealousy and hunger.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by DARREG(m): 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
As a gentleman that i am...i am normally attracted to quiet ladies...and shud be disgusted by ur written expressions...but contrary to what my mind thinks... i find that incredibly sexy about you...but try and reduce it a little sha
Khalessi:
You the hungry one okon...seeing that you lack the spirit of comprehension...btw am a girl so I don't need them silly maggot. undecided
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by jairusben(m): 11:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
Brimmie: Na bedsheet Patience take sew that clothe abi na Curtain!? sad

2nd To The Last Pic: Who are those ppl with Salamander Head?? undecided
wateva u call it.. She will feed u and ur family for asuch as she live..
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by spiggy: 8:48am On Dec 10, 2013
Patience Jonathan needs a new wardrobe manager. Someone should get her something more befitting and smart. She should take a look at Michelle Obama. Less is more!!!!!! wink angry lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by taobao123: 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Three Bombers Attack University Of Maiduguri, Kill Security Official (Photos) / Yahaya Bello's Name Disappears From INEC List / 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.