Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

All Hope Is Not Lost! You Can Start All Over Again - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / All Hope Is Not Lost! You Can Start All Over Again (654 Views)

Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money / Let Me Show You A Sure Business You Can Start With 3,000 Naira! / How Do I Start All Over Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All Hope Is Not Lost! You Can Start All Over Again by onenaira(m): 1:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST! YOU CAN START ALL OVER AGAIN

One day a partially deaf four – year – old kid came home with a note in his pocket from his teacher, “Your Tommy is too stupid to learn, get him out of the school.” His mother read the note and answered, “My Tommy is not stupid to learn, I will teach him myself”. And that Tommy grew up to be the great Thomas Edison.

If you were Edison would you have carried out an experiment for 9,999 (Nine Thousand, Nine Hundred and Ninety Nine) times? In an era men and woman are in a haste to gain material things, how many will fail for that number of times without giving up? In fact how many will be willing to go on for a hundred times? That’s is the bane of our society, impatience.

Edison in his experiment to invent the incandescent light never for one day gave up on his dream. He was once asked by a journalist whether he were discouraged because so many attempts prove abortive, he would say, “No, I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt is another step forward.” He invented the talking machine, the moving picture machine and the incandescent light, to say nothing of half of hundred other useful inventions.

A story has it that in 1914, Thomas Edison, at age 67, lost his factory, which was worth a few million dollars, to fire. It had very little insurance. No longer a young man, Edison watched his lifetime effort go up in smoke. He called his son and asked him to go fetch his mother, according to Edison, she may not see this kind of fire in her life again. After the fire he said, “There is great value in disaster. All our mistakes are burnt up. Thank God we can start anew.” He folded his arm and just slept. In spite of the disaster, three weeks later, he invented the phonograph. What an attitude! “Show me a thoroughly satisfied man,” said Edison “and I will show you a failure.”

Beloved, I want to state it in clear terms that Edison was not a magician. And there is nothing he did that you and I cannot do. The difference is his attitude and determination. This is a man who knows what he wants and never allowed anything come his way in pursing his dream.
The story of Edison should be a challenge to us that all hope is not lost. When you think that life has being unfair to you, remember Edison. Was it his fault to be partially deaf with only three months of formal schooling? Yet he took his destiny in his hands. How about you?

So do not give up! The quitter never win and the winner never quit

See You At Top
http://www.fiverrtutorial.gnbo.com.ng/
Re: All Hope Is Not Lost! You Can Start All Over Again by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
Am inspired by this article. Because I am really going through something very serious right now.
Re: All Hope Is Not Lost! You Can Start All Over Again by kolokolobi(m): 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
Thumbs up man.....

(1) (Reply)

A Quick Survey / The Best Business To Start Now / UK/US Grade A Clothing Suppliers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.