Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Pharmacology Graduate Or Charterd Accountancy, (job-wise) Please Reply Asap - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacology Graduate Or Charterd Accountancy, (job-wise) Please Reply Asap (2496 Views)

HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting / Pharmacy Vs. Pharmacology / Pharmacology. . .is 'eat' Relevant In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pharmacology Graduate Or Charterd Accountancy, (job-wise) Please Reply Asap by whiteroses(f): 11:22am On Jul 28, 2008
hi, in college i was confused either to study pharmacology up to masters level or go and study accounting and finance to finanlly become certified chartered accountant so i did dual course in college, cos of this confusion and now its university time i have to decide either to be a pharmaclogy graduate or go and join the associate of chatered accountants, i have my A levels in science and access diploma in busines so i can choose to do which ever one i like but im soooooooooo confused because i dont know how relevant pharmacology is in nigeria, what is the career like and will i find hard time getting a job as pharmacology graduate and if i should be chartered accountant here in UK how will I join the chartered associates in nigeria will they ask me to start the three years training all over again? because at the end of the day i'm taking this papers to nigeria. (I know it makes sense to do charterd acct but i dont think i'm ready to do the three years training all over again when i get to nigeria, oh i'm also femle, if it matters)
PLEASE I WANT AS MUCH ANSWERS CONFUSED.COM!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pharmacology Graduate Or Charterd Accountancy, (job-wise) Please Reply Asap by DisGuy: 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2008
hey you are still alive, what happened to you running to nigeria for university? tongue

Are you really sure you are going to nigeria after your studies?

What do you really want to do, which do you enjoy?

One thing working in nigeria and another thing earning a decent salary
major employers in nigeria are the Oil and gas (usually employ engineering students)
the banks (they employ almost everybody with a degree! with any degree usually with 2'1)

If you have an accounting degree in the U.K you don't become chartered; you only get exempted from some exams or so
you can join the Nigerian association by taking some exams which is not necessarily up to three years, and you don't even have to be chartered in nigeria to work if you have your ACCA that is usually good enough I think they are working to harmonise the association

if you want to get a good job in nigeria do accounting!!!
You can even work with a pharmaceutical company in their accounts department!
Re: Pharmacology Graduate Or Charterd Accountancy, (job-wise) Please Reply Asap by whiteroses(f): 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2008
yh i'm still alive miraculously grin lol thanks hunni
Re: Pharmacology Graduate Or Charterd Accountancy, (job-wise) Please Reply Asap by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 31, 2018
whiteroses:
yh i'm still alive miraculously grin lol thanks hunni
Are you still alive? wink

(1) (Reply)

Advantage Of Industrial Chemistry Over Chemistry. / What Is The Statues Of Nigeria Merchant Navy And Their Rival Btw Nigeria Navy / The Differences Between Entrepreneurship & Self-employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.