Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3726173 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
INSOMNIA.. 5/10
GENRE:Drama, Mystery, Thriller

Lot of reviews online rated this movie high & referred to it as a thrilling psychological masterpiece, so while seeing the movie I kinda expected my mind to be fu.cked up, but sadly enough it wasn't. Al Pacino really tried, but unfortunately, his efforts alone couldn't salvage the situation. There wasn't much suspense or anything in the way of a plot twist & the story was very predictable. I'll probably see original 1997 Norwegian film by the same title, to know which is better.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
MAN ON FIRE..8/10
GENRE:Crime, Drama, Thriller

The plot of this movie was kinda a lil bit similar to the Liam Neeson kinda thrilling movies, so, seeing Denzel Washington take up the lead role, i was kinda skeptic at first but damn, his performance was flawless, his emotions, mood, fear, anxiety, joy, love,laughter, anger & pains were fully displayed. The concept was an original, considering the year it was made, the music superb, cast great, directing fantastic, action scenes 99% real, no fake stunts, the rhythm of the picture & timing excellent. All in, it was a great action thriller.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:30pm On Mar 12, 2019
mekaprime:
MAN ON FIRE..8/10

The plot of this movie was kinda a lil bit similar to the Liam Neeson kinda thrilling movies, so, seeing Denzel Washington take up the lead role, i was kinda skeptic at first but damn, his performance was flawless, his emotions, mood, fear, anxiety, joy, love,laughter, anger & pains were fully displayed. The concept was an original, considering the year it was made, the music superb, cast great, directing fantastic, action scenes 99% real, no fake stunts, the rhythm of the picture & timing excellent. All in, it was a great action thriller.
Rating on point...The end got me like cry cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2019
oyaskii:
Rating on point...The end got me like cry cry

Same here, the ending really messed me up.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2019
NOW YOU SEE ME 2.....5/10
GENRE:Action, Adventure, Crime

If you saw the first movie and you're expecting to be blow away by this one, i hate to burst you bubble, cause there isn't any breeze to blow you away here. The movie tried very hard to be like the first one, but fell short in many ways, the cast didn't help matters also, as they gave a lackluster performance. It had some action & illusion scenes & the plot twist was just ok but nothing memorable. All in, it wasn't great nor good,it was just an average flick.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 10:25pm On Mar 12, 2019
mekaprime:

Same here, the ending really messed me up.
if the movie had ended any other way it won't have had the desired effect. His death and doings lead to the death of that sociopath call The Voice.

I've stopped wondering why men who do unspeakable evil to people don't take it kindly when that same evil is done to them or their families. I guess they believe it's their God given right to fvck with people however they see fit.

This is the very reason why I believe this world needs a superhero or better still, an anti hero.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by vampire2020: 11:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
BlackManta:
Anybody seen the new Aladdin trailer.. cheesy

I'm completely sold on the movie now but I know it will still suck cuz Disney suck at remakes.

Looking forward to it. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foyufD52aog
I don't know if it's me, but the idea of will Smith play the genie just doesnt suit well with me,I just see a blue will Smith .
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 12, 2019
Rise of the phoenix II

10/10

Produced by Allianz Arena productions starring Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 12:18am On Mar 13, 2019
mekaprime:
MAN ON FIRE..8/10

Would've love to see this Movie...but Denzel Washington issa No No No for me....2 GUNS was aiit BTW( thanks for that) Enjoyed it cuz of Mark Wahlberg and that guy from the CIA "payton"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GidiGamers: 12:42am On Mar 13, 2019
kongolo:

@emboldened What does that mean?
As for the rest of the meaningless post,let all the nonentities continue whining while Disney and Marvel keep smiling to the bank.They don't force anyone to watch their movies

How captain marvel made its money

Disney stacked the deck.
They opened it in every country on the same day.

They make theaters to have it on the most screens as possible.

They marketed it as a giant success before it was.

They spent more on marketing then most of the rest of them.

They bought off rotten tomatoes etc etc to give it a better review and look.

They sandwiched it between the two largest movies in the history Ever just to make it work.

They get to keep it in theaters longer then most any movie right up to Marvels end game.

They used the social war and PC culture just like black Panther in order to publicize it with massive emotion interest and causes.

They Ran the ENTIRE franchise into a wall right before the massive finale act.
So they can continue to hash out the same movie over and over and over on half the budget and quality.

Marvel / Disney in entertainment has and is the equivalent of McDonald’s/Starbucks is to fast food industry.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FootballAnalyst(m): 12:51am On Mar 13, 2019
Bryan12:
Menace 2 society(1994) - 7/10
Boyz in the hood(1991) - 9/10
Free state of Jones(2016)- 7/10
Manchester by the sea(2017) - 8/10

Please bro share the link to download Boys in the hood. I can't find it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FootballAnalyst(m): 12:52am On Mar 13, 2019
Please someone should recommend a very good movie with high ratings I can relax with tonight. Don't feel sleepy at all.

And the site to download them. Please, anyone?

Is anyone here!!!!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:20am On Mar 13, 2019
J2381:
if the movie had ended any other way it won't have had the desired effect. His death and doings lead to the death of that sociopath call The Voice.

I've stopped wondering why men who do unspeakable evil to people don't take it kindly when that same evil is done to them or their families.I guess they believe it's their God given right to fvck with people however they see fit.

This is the very reason why I believe this world needs a superhero or better still, an anti hero.
Seconded, at the bolded, but I meant the voice, i really wanted that dude to suffer, the shot got to the temple was just mercy killing for me.
At the second bolded, Pablo Escobar clearly comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 7:34am On Mar 13, 2019
The Grey: 7/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:42am On Mar 13, 2019
Itzneowizy:
Would've love to see this Movie...but Denzel Washington issa No No No for me....2 GUNS was aiit BTW( thanks for that) Enjoyed it cuz of Mark Wahlberg and that guy from the CIA "payton"

I was in your shoes as regards movies made by Washington,that's why I haven't seen the EQUALIZER up till now. But this one was quite different, I was able to connect with his character, & literary felt some of those bottled up emotions of his. And also Dakota Fanning was the second reason I gave the movie a shot, I really don't know how she performs now, but as a kid actresses, that girl sure knows her onions. Well you shouldn't see it if you don't fell like, don't let my sugar coated thumb coax you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:44am On Mar 13, 2019
Viking007:
The Grey: 7/10.

Wow!! with that rating of yours,it seems you really enjoyed The Grey.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:28am On Mar 13, 2019
blingxx:

Disney sef angry... Why make another frozen, that feminist piss of sh*t.... I rather watch mulan live action remake cheesy she was my cartoon crush, the first Disney princess that didn't rely on anyone to save her cheesy... Hollywood is too racist to realize how relevant she is cheesy

They plan to do a mulan movie with Jackie chan as her father.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:34am On Mar 13, 2019
alexistaiwo:
The possession of Hannah Grace.

Why did this above average horror movie get a lot of negative reviews? undecided

I was surprised too.

Watched it and was dope.

I gave it a 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:35am On Mar 13, 2019
BlackManta:

I'm completely sold on the movie now but I know it will still suck cuz Disney suck at remakes.

This is better but the guy acting as Jafar is still a disappointment
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 8:52am On Mar 13, 2019
mekaprime:

I don't think so, Robertson is clearly an
influential leader in the agency but he isn't him( John, Jane, baby, fizzle bomber).
Well.....maybe or maybe not undecided..after all John is trying to catch himself who's the bomber and technically.. He gave birth to Himself so who knows
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 8:53am On Mar 13, 2019
mekaprime:

Seconded, at the bolded, but I meant the voice, i really wanted that dude to suffer, the shot got to the temple was just mercy killing for me.
At the second bolded, Pablo Escobar clearly comes to mind.
aside Escobar. There are others who fall into this category.

Even here, there are many who hide under alternates to troll, but when the tide turn against them, you see them acting as if it's their right to troll people.

I guess that's why they say some people can't smell their own bullsh1t.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 8:54am On Mar 13, 2019
BlackManta:

Saw it on twitter... And I am still not impressed tho...dunno why... The whole concept just feels weird, from Will Smith as the Genie down to the Jafar Character... They should have just left it as it was and not bothered... The Likes of Alladin & The Lion King should never be Live Action sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 9:06am On Mar 13, 2019
Justice League Dark

8.8 / 10

Great animation, as expected from DC ✔️

Story basically revolved around Batman... Could have easily been a Batman Movie... Was basically an excellent movie, from the Animation to the fights... This is the first time I am seeing John Constantine in DC... Only time I saw him was as Keanu Reeves back then... Good to finally see what he is capable of

And Zatanna was Great... As expected ✔️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:08am On Mar 13, 2019
THE GUEST...7.5/10
GENRE:Action, Thriller, Crime, Horror.

Acting was great & fast paced, the soundtrack fantastic, the plot good,the plot twist perfectly timed & executed. The movie keeps you guessing & asking questions like WTF just happened, WTH did he do that & WTF is really happening, you are kinda kept in the dark until the last 20mins or so of the movie, were all is fully revealed. And the ending damn, it was a big WTF. Thriller lovers, this is a fresh one from the oven.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 9:15am On Mar 13, 2019
nani667:
Justice League Dark

8.8 / 10

Story basically revolved around Batman... Could have easily been a Batman Movie... Was basically an excellent movie, from the Animation to the fights... This is the first time I am seeing John Constantine in DC... Only time I saw him was as Keanu Reeves back then... Good to finally see what he is capable of

story revolved around batman, come on men.

How did you like Jason Blood aka the demon Etrigan. You enjoy his rhymes? Lol.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 9:17am On Mar 13, 2019
A History Of Violence.

6/10.

Predictable movie. Very simple and still an average watch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 9:21am On Mar 13, 2019
mekaprime:
THE GUEST...7.5/10

Acting was great & fast paced, the soundtrack fantastic, the plot good,the plot twist perfectly timed & executed. The movie keeps you guessing & asking questions like WTF just happened, WTH did he do that & WTF is really happening, you are kinda kept in the dark until the last 20mins or so of the movie, were all is fully revealed. And the ending damn, it was a big WTF. Thriller lovers, this is a fresh one from the oven.
The one with Van Damme?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:23am On Mar 13, 2019
Itzneowizy:
Well.....maybe or maybe not undecided..after all John is trying to catch himself who's the bomber and technically.. He gave birth to Himself so who knows

Who knows my bro, you said it right. That movie deserves a perfect 10/10 rating. its a movie that keeps you thinking & postulating theories upon theories after seeing it. IMO, it was and is the one movie that gave INCEPTION a run for its money as far as the SCI-FI genre is concerned.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:25am On Mar 13, 2019
J2381:
The one with Van Damme?
Nope Dan Stevens, its a 2014 movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 13, 2019
nani667:
Justice League Dark

8.8 / 10

angry angry angry angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 9:27am On Mar 13, 2019
mekaprime:

Nope Dan Stevens, its a 2014 movie.
okay. Lemme Google it and see.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 9:36am On Mar 13, 2019
mekaprime:
THE GUEST...7.5/10

Downloading........ grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: zedegit and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.