Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3742785 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:44am On May 15, 2019
You can watch 300 for the first time without audio and it will forever stick to your memory.

The visuals is 40/10
Beorn:

The slow motion action scenes visuals in 300 was more catchy, captivating and dope than that of The Matrix. The slow motion fight visuals is the most breathtaking aspect of 300 for me, not even the plot. Synder definitely focused on that aspect and made sure it stood out the most in that movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:44am On May 15, 2019
Beorn:

The slow motion action scenes visuals in 300 was more catchy, captivating and dope than that of The Matrix. The slow motion fight visuals is the most breathtaking aspect of 300 for me, not even the plot. Synder definitely focused on that aspect and made sure it stood out the most in that movie.

Sharrap. Shut your mouth. Do you want thunder to blast you?

Stop that blasphemy right now. Stop it!!!!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Miggs(m): 9:50am On May 15, 2019
pryme:
The GOT critics need their heads checked.
The critics are on point with their criticisms of season 8 though.I never believed in a million years season 8 of GOT could be worse than season 7 but the shows' producers proved me wrong.Season 8 of GOT is nothing more than a high budget,glossy B-movie.All flash and no substance

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:55am On May 15, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:56am On May 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:
How old was the hero in into the spider verse? undecided

Nonsense and childishness angry
Well I see your point, but that wasn't what I was hinting at, Dark themed plot/storyline, has frequently been the main ingredient for DC Comics’ live-action movies, Shazam on the other hand was unique, in the sense that it took a step away/deviated from the tone of its predecessors. It simply combining humour and an affectionate vibe,while staying true to the comic source material.
And just so you know, the scope of both movies(Shazam & spider verse) were different & unique in their own kinda way. Shazam was modest in its scope and loaded with familiar reference points & wasn't in anyway trying to be anything mind-blowing or revolutionary, & that's fine by me.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:57am On May 15, 2019
Variety is the spice of life smiley
mekaprime:

Well I see your point, but that wasn't what I was hinting at, Dark themed plot/storyline, has frequently been the main ingredient for DC Comics’ live-action movies, Shazam on the other hand was unique, in the sense that it took a step away/deviated from the tone of its predecessors. It simply combining humour and an affectionate vibe,while staying true to the comic source material.
And just so you know, the scope of both movies(Shazam & spider verse) were different & unique in their own kinda way. Shazam was modest in its scope and loaded with familiar reference points & wasn't in anyway trying to be anything mind-blowing or revolutionary, & that's fine by me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 10:29am On May 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Since then movies like Sherlock Holmes, Last Man Standing, Dredd, Watchmen (also directed by Snyder) Troy, etc, have used it in their respective fight scenes. Heck, that style is the best part of Sherlock Holmes trilogy.

Sorry, did you just say sherlock Holmes trilogy?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:33am On May 15, 2019
kushercain:

Sorry, did you just say sherlock Holmes trilogy?

It has always being a trilogy. The final chapter will be coming out in 2021 with RDJ reprising his titular role.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 10:36am On May 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

It has always being a trilogy. The final chapter will be coming out in 2021 with RDJ reprising his titular role.

Wow!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:37am On May 15, 2019
kushercain:

Wow!
Great news, eh? I hope it will be as good as the last two.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:39am On May 15, 2019
JeromeBlack:

All these aggression doesn't change the fact. Even Alexistaiwo can testify about what I'm talking about. Koice has already explained what we meant and you agreed with him when you said "better", so why the blasphemy repetition? The slow motion visuals is the core of that movie and what made the movie stand out. I'm not trying to belittle The Matrix or its visuals, just pointing out that 300 had more perfected slow motion action depicted scenes than The Matrix
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 10:43am On May 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Great news, eh? I hope it will be as good as the last two.

As in eh bro, i can't wait. I wonder who the villain would be this time around. I'm not too sure sherlock really had any worthy villain apart from the professor.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:43am On May 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:
You can watch 300 for the first time without audio and it will forever stick to your memory.

The visuals is 40/10

Well, since you're an expert at watching movies without audios, you'd know. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 10:43am On May 15, 2019
Miggs:
The critics are on point with their criticisms of season 8 though.I never believed in a million years season 8 of GOT could be worse than season 7 but the shows' producers proved me wrong.Season 8 of GOT is nothing more than a high budget,glossy B-movie.All flash and no substance
What is this one saying.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:45am On May 15, 2019
kushercain:

As in eh bro, i can't wait. I wonder who the villain would be this time around. I'm not too sure sherlock really had any worthy villain apart from the professor.

He doesn't, but I'm sure they will find a worthy villain. Fingers crossed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:45am On May 15, 2019
Says the soundtrack expert grin
KoiceReloaded:

Well, since you're an expert at watching movies without audios, you'd know. cheesy

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:46am On May 15, 2019
Beorn:

All these aggression doesn't change the fact. Even Alexistaiwo can testify about what I'm talking about. Koice has already explained what we meant and you agreed with him when you said "better", so why the blasphemy repetition? The slow motion visuals is the core of that movie and what made the movie stand out. I'm not trying to belittle The Matrix or its visuals, just pointing out that 300 had more perfected slow motion action depicted scenes than The Matrix

He was pulling your legs though.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 10:47am On May 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:
How old was the hero in into the spider verse? undecided

Nonsense and childishness angry
you get time sha, people will always find excuse to embrace mediocre movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:49am On May 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Says the soundtrack expert grin

Exactly! I wouldn't know how to watch a film without audio, since I've never tried it. Meanwhile, watching a soundless motion picture seems to be your forte. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 15, 2019
I am actually emphasising the fact that Shazam is very childish undecided
sod09:
you get time sha, people will always find excuse to embrace mediocre movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Exactly! I wouldn't know how to watch a film without audio, since I've never tried it. Meanwhile, watching a soundless moving pictures seems to be your forte. grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:54am On May 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:

I enjoyed Shazam for what it was; a superhero comedy. It didn't try to be something else.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 11:10am On May 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:
This is very discouraging. It was in my bucket list
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:19am On May 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I enjoyed Shazam for what it was; a superhero comedy. It didn't try to be something else.
Exactly my point.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:25am On May 15, 2019
Beorn:

Out of ignorance, the man spoketh.....

Go and read about "bullet time" filming technique from the matrix.

300 visuals were even criticised by the critics.

You a comparing a film (the matrix) the revolutionised other films, to 300, a film that was panned by critics in its early release?

You are talking about slow motion and I will tell you that the matrix has one of the best or.the best slow motion techniques known to Hollywood.

Even in some top ten lists about slow motion scenes in movies, 300 does not make it.
Matrix is always in such lists.

https://gizmodo.com/the-top-10-slow-motion-shots-of-all-time-1645966147/amp

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:30am On May 15, 2019
If you like, put it in your kettle list.

Doesn't change the fact that Shazam is very childish.
Octopusssy:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:31am On May 15, 2019
Octopusssy:

Don't be discouraged, it was nothing spectacular nor mind-blowing, but it was definitely worth what it was, the following who rated it thus, 7.5/10 · IMDb
90% · Rotten Tomatoes
4.8/5 · Facebook aren't clueless you know.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 11:33am On May 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:
If you like, put it in your kettle list.

Doesn't change the fact that Shazam is very childish.
I don hear.

Abeg when is John Wick 3 coming out?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:34am On May 15, 2019
Apollo 11 is Best Documentary out this year so far followed by Netflix's Our planet.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:35am On May 15, 2019
On Friday 17th May grin
Octopusssy:

I don hear.

Abeg when is John Wick 3 coming out?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:36am On May 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

14 minutes.

Before 300, slow motion capture has never been used quite like that before. Matrix tried something like that, but it didn't catch on until Snyder applied the concept on 300. He improved the concept by focusing slowmo on specific action moments. The result; an eye popping and very stylish slowmo fight scenes visuals. It certainly left an impression.

Since then movies like Sherlock Holmes, Last Man Standing, Dredd, Watchmen (also directed by Snyder) Troy, etc, have used it in their respective fight scenes. Heck, that style is the best part of Sherlock Holmes trilogy.

Every time I encounter fight scenes like that in random movies, the memory of 300 never fails to pop into my head. Suffice to say, I'll always associate slow motion capture fight scenes with 300.

Of which 300 is not even the best use of Zack Snyder's slo motion. The best was Judge Dredd and Watchmen. Apparently, he became better at it.

Before 300, there was hard boiled. A movie where some of the shootout scenes were in slow mo. On
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 11:39am On May 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:
On Friday 17th May grin
Yaaaa! Octopussy is very happy to hear this cheesy

She is expecting spoilers from unruly characters but she is very well prepared cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.