Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3758281 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) (1340) (1341) (1342) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:40am On May 21, 2019
Can't wait for Robert Pattinson's The Lighthouse to hit the movie theaters. The horror film is making a lot of positive buzz on the internet atm, and I couldn't keep myself from catching the fever. I'm excited.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:08am On May 21, 2019
We don't know know what is called Oshigbio weed or whatever you call it here in Switzerland
JeromeBlack:

Koicereloaded is having a mental breakdown!

The stress of marriage, movie watching and job has gotten to him!

Alexistaiwo, ironically, koice needs some good high grade ganja to calms down. Please, organise some of your ghetto boys to arrange some oshogbo weed.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 9:17am On May 21, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Yo ass is poppin' off as if you have every last muthafuckin tried one before.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by funkyjms: 10:34am On May 21, 2019
Yardie (2018) - 6.5/10

Jamaican movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by error4040: 2:29pm On May 21, 2019
heard John Wick overthrown End Game from the Top of Box Office ,Well I can Bet my Left *Nutz that John Wick won't Generate upto $2Bill on Box Office. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 21, 2019
DIRECTORS THAT HAVE MORE WINS THAN LOSSES IN THEIR MOVIE CAREER

- James Cameron: The most obvious name on the list. The man is on a long streak of wins with no losses, so far. His most popular movies are The Abyss, Aliens, Terminator, Terminator Judgement Day, True Lies, Titanic, and Avatar.
- Ben Affleck: This man has only directed 3 movies in his career, but they have all fared very well in the box office, as well as been generally well received by movie critics. I think the fear of ruining his perfect record is stalling him from directing another movie. His movies are Gone Baby Gone, The Town, and Argo.
- Alfonso Cuarón.: The Mexican with the golden touch. This man is ridiculously consistent that it's crazy. Most popular films: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Gravity, Children of Men (one of favorite films of all time), and Roma.
- The Coen Brothers: This Filmmaking siblings are at the pinnacle of their game, and are the living example of the height "The Wachowskis" would have attained if they hadn't allow their eccentricities and sex change to overshadow their once fledgling filmmaking careers. Most popular movies: No Country for Old Men, True Grit, The Big Lebowski, The LadyKillers, Gambit, Unbroken and Bridge of Spies.
- Martin Scorsese: Another obvious name on the list. Everything I have seen from Martin Scorsese has been amazing. Known to collaborate with Leonardo DiCaprio a lot. Most popular films: Goodfellas, Gangs of New York, The Departed, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, The Aviator, Shutter Island, The Wolf of Wall Street, Silence, and The Irishman (2019).
- David Fincher: The master of practical effect and red herring. Most Popular films: Se7en, The Game, Fight Club, Social Network, The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo, Panic Room and Gone Girl
- Martin McDonagh.: One of the best noir fiction writers/directors right now. His movies: In Bruges, Seven Psychopaths and Six Shooter.
- Quentin Tarantino: Carved a niche out for himself by exclusively writing and directing crime satires. His films are known for their rich and witty dialogue. Most popular: Reservoir Dogs,Inglourious Basterds, Kill Bill vol 1 and 2, Django Unchained, Pulp Fiction, The Hateful Eight, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019).
- Chris Nolan: Well known for his mindfucks, the man is a master of practical effect and subterfuge like his mentor, David Fincher. His most popular movies: Momento, The Prestige, Inception, TDK trilogy, Interstellar, and Dunkirk.
- Paul Thomas Anderson: Seven great films, and he's only getting better. Movies: Hard Eight, There Will Be Blood, Magnolia, The Master, Phantom Thread, Inherent Vice, and Boogie Nights.

Honorable Mentions
- John Michael McDonagh
- Wes Anderson
- Alejandro Iñárritu
- Spike Jonze.
- Rian Johnson
- Steven Spielberg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 2:53pm On May 21, 2019
remove that overrated cameron and put spielberg there

KoiceReloaded:

- James Cameron: The most obvious name on the list. The man is on a long streak of wins with no losses, so far. His most popular movies are The Abyss, Aliens, Terminator, Terminator Judgement Day, True Lies, Titanic, and Avatar.
- Ben Affleck: This man has only directed 3 movies in his career, but they have all fared very well in the box office, as well as been generally well received by movie critics. I think the fear of ruining his perfect record is stalling him from directing another movie. His movies are Gone Baby Gone, The Town, and Argo.
- Alfonso Cuarón.: The Mexican with the golden touch. This man is ridiculously consistent that it's crazy. Most popular films: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Gravity, Children of Men (one of favorite films of all time), and Roma.
- The Coen Brothers: This Filmmaking siblings are at the pinnacle of their game, and are the living example of the height "The Wachowskis" would have attained if they hadn't allow their eccentricities and sex change to overshadow their once fledgling filmmaking careers. Most popular movies: No Country for Old Men, True Grit, The Big Lebowski, The LadyKillers, Gambit, Unbroken and Bridge of Spies.
- Martin Scorsese: Another obvious name on the list. Everything I have seen from Martin Scorsese has been amazing. Known to collaborate with Leonardo DiCaprio a lot. Most popular films: Goodfellas, Gangs of New York, The Departed, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, The Aviator, Shutter Island, The Wolf of Wall Street, Silence, and The Irishman (2019).
- David Fincher: The master of practical effect and red herring. Most Popular films: Se7en, The Game, Fight Club, Social Network, The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo, Panic Room and Gone Girl
- Martin McDonagh.: One of the best noir fiction writers/directors right now. His movies: In Bruges, Seven Psychopaths and Six Shooter.
- Quentin Tarantino: Carved a niche out for himself by exclusively writing and directing crime satires. His films are known for their rich and witty dialogue. Most popular: Reservoir Dogs,Inglourious Basterds, Kill Bill vol 1 and 2, Django Unchained, Pulp Fiction, The Hateful Eight, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019).
- Chris Nolan: Well known for his mindfucks, the man is a master of practical effect and subterfuge like his mentor, David Fincher. His most popular movies: Momento, The Prestige, Inception, TDK trilogy, Interstellar, and Dunkirk.
- Paul Thomas Anderson: Seven great films, and he's only getting better. Movies: Hard Eight, There Will Be Blood, Magnolia, The Master, Phantom Thread, Inherent Vice, and Boogie Nights.

Honorable Mentions
- John Michael McDonagh
- Wes Anderson
- Spike Jonze.
- Rian Johnson
- Steven Spielberg

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 21, 2019
MJBOLT:
remove that overrated cameron and put spielberg there

Spielberg has had a lot of box office bombs. Granted, he's done far more movies than Cameron, but the ratio of good to bad isn't in his favor. He's solely there in my honorable mention list based on his legendary status.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 3:12pm On May 21, 2019
even with box office bombs,spielberg is the highest grossing director in history and is considered a far better director than cameron

KoiceReloaded:

Spielberg has had a lot of box office bombs. Granted, he's done far more movies than Cameron, but the ratio of good to bad isn't in his favor. He's solely there in my honorable mention list based on his legendary status.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 21, 2019
MJBOLT:
even with box office bombs,spielberg is the highest grossing director in history and is considered a far better director than cameron

Really? Where did you hear that one from. He helped revolutionize sci-fi in movies and television, and is rightly considered one of the greats, but when it comes to consistency, he's far off the mark. My OP is based on most consistent directors, not most legendary directors.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 3:23pm On May 21, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Really? Where did you hear that one from. He helped revolutionize sci-fi in movies and television, and is rightly considered one of the greats, but when it comes to consistency, he's far off the mark. My OP is based on most consistent directors, not most legendary directors.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 21, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Honorable Mentions
- John Michael McDonagh
- Wes Anderson
- Spike Jonze.
- Rian Johnson
- Steven Spielberg
Please do something like this for worst superhero movies grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 21, 2019
KoiceReloaded... cry
hulk616:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 21, 2019
error4040:
heard John Wick overthrown End Game from the Top of Box Office ,Well I can Bet my Left *Nutz that John Wick won't Generate upto $2Bill on Box Office. grin

Compared to [PG-13] Avengers: Endgame that is targeted at a much wider audience, it's fair to say a [Rated R] John Wick 3 won't generate up to a billion dollars talk more of $2B. Heck, it's considered quite an achievement when an [R Rated] motion picture exceeds a 500 mil mark, since their audience is consisted purely of the adult demographic. John Wick doesn't need to make bank to cause a lot of problems for Endgame in the box office.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 21, 2019
hulk616:

We both know the majority of movies that will make the list. You too like trouble sha.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 4:29pm On May 21, 2019
John Wick domestic opening weekend is $50m+

KoiceReloaded:

Compared to [PG-13] Avengers: Endgame that is targeted at a much wider audience, it's fair to say a [Rated R] John Wick 3 won't generate up to a million dollars talk more of $2B. Heck, it's considered quite an achievement when an [R Rated] motion picture exceeds a 5 mil mark, since their audience is consisted purely of the adult demographic. John Wick doesn't need to make bank to cause a lot of problems for Endgame in the box office.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 21, 2019
alexistaiwo:
KoiceReloaded... cry
Maybe I will for the pleasure to watch the thread burn. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 21, 2019
MJBOLT:
John Wick domestic opening weekend is $50m+

I meant to write "a billion dollars". My mistake.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 4:31pm On May 21, 2019
i expect the following movies to be there -superman IV,batman and robin,catwoman,green lantern,BvS,JL,Suicide squad,aquaman,shazam

hulk616:
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 21, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

thank you grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 21, 2019
MJBOLT:
i expect the following movies to be there -superman IV,batman and robin,catwoman,green lantern,BvS,JL,Suicide squad,aquaman,shazam

9 out of 10 grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 4:40pm On May 21, 2019
the last spot is reserved for the next DC film grin
hulk616:
9 out of 10 grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 21, 2019
Well, a man has got to earn his hyping wages..

Bring it on grin
KoiceReloaded:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani6666: 6:01pm On May 21, 2019
sad

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by error4040: 7:04pm On May 21, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Compared to [PG-13] Avengers: Endgame that is targeted at a much wider audience, it's fair to say a [Rated R] John Wick 3 won't generate up to a billion dollars talk more of $2B. Heck, it's considered quite an achievement when an [R Rated] motion picture exceeds a 500 mil mark, since their audience is consisted purely of the adult demographic. John Wick doesn't need to make bank to cause a lot of problems for Endgame in the box office.
Enough Said grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IKON360(m): 7:34pm On May 21, 2019
Kaycee7:
Me and you both, bro. I kept my internet presence to a minimum to avoid running into spoilers. And it was absolutely worth it. Felt every scene.
True, that movie was very well done. I celebrate the Russo brothers
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IKON360(m): 7:39pm On May 21, 2019
tegamarro:

I've not seen this movie yet and bro you just spoke my mind. Point is no matter how much you spoil a movie as long as I've not seen it. wouldn't stop /give me a bad review or feeling about it, I've been anticipating end game after I saw infinity war. And I can say it could only get better. these guys knows the importance of an improved script write to views. They can only make it more better than what it was from the last chapter. master mind upon master mind.

Waiting patiencetly till it hits HD rip then I watch and Rate

Great movie anytime

Button line don't Allow Spiolers spoil
spoiling removes the elements of surprise and shock for a movie. So spoilers really spoil, there are some dope scenes in the movie that if I told you about will remove or reduce their fantasticness. So it's better to watch the movie without spoilers than to watch the movie with spoilers
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 21, 2019
Just when I thought MJBOLT is mean, I almost laughed my lungs out this evening.

I was discussing the Avengers franchise with a female friend and she said Thank God that Superman is not an Avenger, Endgame will have been boring with him and his yeye Justice League

This is a girl who doesn't know that Marvel characters are different from from DC grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:44pm On May 21, 2019
alexistaiwo:

I was discussing the Avengers franchise with a female friend and she said Thank God that Superman is not an Avenger, Endgame will have been boring with him and his yeye Justice League

This is a girl who doesn't know that Marvel characters are different from from DC grin

Stop rolling with fake babes. Awon Shukura ati Blessing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 4:30am On May 22, 2019
even people who are not hardcore fans know how terrible superman and the JL are

alexistaiwo:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 6:49am On May 22, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Alejandro Iñárritu

(1) (2) (3) ... (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) (1340) (1341) (1342) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.