Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,724 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3726790 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1402) (1403) (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by halalMACburger: 10:38am On Jun 11, 2019
mekaprime:

Unto discussion way na me start am myself, JBL, you're better than this, try harder.

JBL as in Jeromeblack?

Nigga, better be careful. Wrongful accusations are dangerous. lipsrsealed angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 11, 2019
mekaprime:

True words indeed, but the above of yours only plays out that way very few times. The young lady Regina might not love him now but trust me, give her 2years & she'll find her self head over heals with him so long as; He still loves her, his sex life is good & finally, he ravishes her with money, lot of money, trust me, as time passes, she'd find other qualities he possess that'll make her fall in love with him.
Regina will never love him the same way a parasite will never love it's host. Nwoko is simply an end to a means, and provided that means is generating opulence, Regina will be very fond of him. Once the pipe line cease running, she will be gone before you can say "gold digger". This is normal.

Fred Nwoko on his part, married Regina to feel young again. He is currently undergoing what is commonly known as "mid-life crisis". It's a certain point in life whereby people are hopelessly trapped in an identity or lifestyle they experience as constraining, fueled by an acute awareness of time passing. So to counter this, they take certain steps to make themselves feel young again. Acquiring of sports cars and robbing the cradle (marrying people young enough to be their grand kids) are the most common steps taken.

At the back of his mind, Nwoko is well aware that Regina doesn't and will never love him, but he doesn't care. His marriage to her fulfills a purpose in the sense it's very symbiotic. They both benefit from the union in their own different ways. This is also normal.

mekaprime:

Money is very important to love itself, as love is hardly disconnected from reality. It is grounded in an actual framework of life, and the flourishing of this framework most times depend heavily upon having more money. This is one reason why many people would marry someone who possesses many of the qualities they admire, but with whom they are not in love, and as time goes on, they learn to grow that love.
The bolded is wrong. You confuse fondness with love. The fact that there is fondness between two people does not necessarily mean that this is a good relationship. Sometimes what we want and what is good for us are in conflict. The bad news is that we are capable of having that fondness with people we could never be with long term.

Furthermore, Fondness is to have a FOOLISH affection for something or someone. It is very fickle in nature and can disappear once the source of that fondness is no longer there. REAL love on the other hand is is to have a STRONG affection for someone or something. A fickle bond and a strong bond are night and day.

Love is not disconnected from reality. How could you even say that when we're in perpetual state of want. We love to be surprised, aroused, and stimulated because it distracts us from the ordinariness of life. These are real emotions.

mekaprime:

To further buttress my point, most of our parents didn't encounter/experience this love at first sight syndrome, most of them never even engaged in courtship, most of our mums didn't even fall in love with our dads until later years into their marriage, when they generated the love, and once that love came, they formed an inseparably bond, as this is quite evident in the number of years a lot of 'em have been married together, which is quite a contrast & complete opposite to what is obtainable nowadays.
You're digressing. We're talking about love being more important than money, and you're talking about real love in arranged marriages. Stay on topic, man.

mekaprime:

Money cannot buy love and love cannot buy money,but money increases the chances of love and love decreases the need for money and thus when love is generated,money becomes less significance. When one lacks money for basic needs, love is often more at risk.
To sum up: Love is considered to be partially sacred while also having exchangeable elements found in commercial commodities. Money can help to generate love. however, it is easier to fall in love with a rich person, as money can generate circumstances that are more favorable for love, and living with someone who is wealthy can make life easier. Hence, some beautiful young women may be attracted to rich old men, and in many cases genuine love is indeed generated, so long as she Decides & is Willing to make it happen.

At the end of the day, in most cases, money buys happiness on both sides.
Money will only buy happiness short term. Don't get me wrong, money is very important in a relationship, but having a companion you can always trust and care about should come before that. If you love each other, you will both work hard to help each other live a wonderful life together, else, you will become a serial divorcee with long strings of alimony obligations. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 11, 2019
halalMACburger:

See this spoilt kid. I was like you when I was younger.

Oga, money comes first before love. Yes, you need both things but a person needs more money than love.

It is only the rich that say that money isn't important.

Perhaps, but then again, there is a certain old Igbo proverb that said thus "What an old man sees sitting down, a young man cannot see standing up."
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2019
Hojuholape:
All this long epistle for what?

I hope you all can now see that I wasn't kidding when I said mekaprime is always trying to seek KoiceReloaded validation smiley

Wetin mekaprime do you, ajekpako? angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hojuholape: 11:24am On Jun 11, 2019
Here in Sweden, we don't know the meaning of the bolded.

KoiceReloaded:

Wetin mekaprime do you, ajekpako? angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 11, 2019
Hojuholape:

Neither do I here in Greenland. I leant that word from you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hojuholape: 11:30am On Jun 11, 2019
And who do you presume me to be?
KoiceReloaded:

Neither do I here in Greenland. I leant that word from you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:46am On Jun 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Regina will never love him the same may a parasite will never love it's host. Nwoko is simply an end to a means, and provided that means is generating opulence, Regina will be very fond of him. Once the pipe line cease running, she will be gone before you can say "gold digger". This is normal.

Fred Nwoko on his part, married Regina to feel young again. He is currently undergoing what is commonly known as "mid-life crisis". It's a certain point in life whereby people are hopelessly trapped in an identity or lifestyle they experience as constraining, fueled by an acute awareness of time passing. So to counter this, they take certain steps to make themselves feel young again. Acquiring of sports cars and robbing the cradle (marrying people young enough to be their grand kids) are the most common steps taken.

At the back of his mind, Nwoko is well aware that Regina doesn't and will never love him, but he doesn't care. His marriage to her fulfills a purpose in the sense it's very symbiotic. They both benefit from the union in their own different ways. This is also normal.

The bolded is wrong. You confuse fondness with love. The fact that there is fondness between two people does not necessarily mean that this is a good relationship. Sometimes what we want and what is good for us are in conflict. The bad news is that we are capable of having that fondness with people we could never be with long term.

Furthermore, Fondness is to have a FOOLISH affection for something or someone. It is very fickle in nature and can disappear once the source of that fondness is no longer there. REAL love on the other hand is is to have a STRONG affection for someone or something. A fickle bond and a strong bond are night and day.

Love is not disconnected from reality. How could you even say that when we're in perpetual state of want. We love to be surprised, aroused, and stimulated because it distracts us from the ordinariness of life. These are real emotions.

You're digressing. We're talking about love being more important than money, and you're talking about real love in arranged marriages. Stay on topic, man.

Money will only buy happiness short term. Don't get me wrong, money is very important in a relationship, but having a companion you can always trust and care about should come before that. If you love each other, you will both work hard to help each other live a wonderful life together, else, you will become a serial divorcee with long strings of alimony obligations. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
Alright, i totally get your drift. Pls permit me to digress a little & throw in this very sensitive question. Does true love exist ?
IMO, all I see nowadays is conditional love, love based on a particular reason, a particular trait of a person and a particular greed which needs to be fulfilled by human beings.
Many people love each other because they need sex whereas there are some people who love each other for the lust of their physical traits, some
people love each other for the lust of
their money and some love each other
only to showoff because they that it makes them look pretty cool in the modern world. So this proves
there is nothing called true love.

So going by this my good man, why should i reverence true love more than money, owing to my knowledge of what true love is.
Permit me to ask, do you truly love your lady/wife with all your heart & does she truly love you?? God forbid, since you're not a Christian, let me rephrase this question, Faith forbid, any of you gets into an accident, health related accident to be specific, my question is would you still love yourselves?, would you still stay together? Would she still love you, seeing that, faith forbid you're confined to a wheel chair? Would you still love her as you do now, if the reverse were the case. Pls take your time, don't be hasty with your answer.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2019
Hojuholape:

JBL no vex abeg, chie!!..see wetin alternate monikers day cause. There is a saying that goes thus, Adìẹ funfun kò mọ ara rẹ̀lágbà. Egbon bọwọ fun ọjọ ogbó rẹ.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hojuholape: 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2019
What are you trying to say?

Stop using Kazeem language here!
Speak English
mekaprime:

JBL no vex abeg, chie!!..see wetin alternate monikers day cause. There is a saying that goes thus, Adìẹ funfun kò mọ ara rẹ̀lágbà. Egbon bọwọ fun ọjọ ogbó rẹ.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2019
mekaprime:

Alright, i totally get your drift. Pls permit me to digress a little & throw in this very sensitive question. Does true love exist ?
IMO, all I see nowadays is conditional love, love based on a particular reason, a particular trait of a person and a particular greed which needs to be fulfilled by human beings.
Many people love each other because they need sex whereas there are some
people who love each other for the
lust of their physical traits, some
people love each other for the lust of
their money and some love each other
only to showoff because they that it makes them look pretty cool in the modern world. So this proves
there is nothing called true love.

So going by this my good man, why should i reverence true love more than money, owing to my knowledge of what true love is.
Permit me to ask, do you truly love your lady/wife with all your heart & does she truly love you?? God forbid, since you're not a Christian, let me rephrase this question, Faith forbid, any of you gets into an accident, health related accident to be specific, my question is would you still love yourselves?, would you still stay together? Would she still love you, seeing that, faith forbid you're confined to a wheel chair? Would you still love her as you do now, if the reverse were the case. Pls take your time, don't be hasty with your answer.

To answer your first question, you asked if true love exist? My answer is a resounding YES! True love depends on the couple involved. True love is about compromise. True love is the choices you make everyday. True love is about communication. True love is a functional relationship in which people take care of each other and consider their partner's feelings. It's about being willing to work with each other to keep both of you happy and growing as a couple. It's neither blind nor impatient. It sees all your shortcomings. In short, real love is work, hard work. It isn't just this blissful state of bliss, it's also tears, frustration, patience, and talking until you want to scream. Bottom line, true love is complex, but it very much exist.

To answer your flutter of second questions, the answer is yes, yes, yes, and yes. My wife is my best friend and soul mate. Heaven forbid I lose her to some mishap, I'm very certain I will lose the meaning of life as well. I love her dearly, and I know she loves me too. I've known her for 5 years before sealing our relationship with marriage. Suffice it to say, I know her every flaws and she knows mine. Our love is eternal.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2019
Hojuholape:
And who do you presume me to be?

My roadside vulganizer. Jamaican brethrenangry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hojuholape: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

My roadside vulganizer. Jamaican brethrenangry

Sharrap!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
Hojuholape:

Sharrap!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

To answer your first question, you asked if true love exist? My answer is a resounding YES! True love depends on the couple involved. True love is about compromise. True love is the choices you make everyday. True love is about communication. True love is a functional relationship in which people take care of each other and consider their partner's feelings. It's about being willing to work with each other to keep both of you happy and growing as a couple. It's neither blind nor impatient. It sees all your shortcomings. In short, real love is work, hard work. It isn't just this blissful state of bliss, it's also tears, frustration, patience, and talking until you want to scream. Bottom line, true love is complex, but it very much exist.

To answer your flutter of second questions, the answer is yes, yes, yes, and yes. My wife is my best friend and soul mate. Heaven forbid I lose her to some mishap, I'm very certain I will lose the meaning of life as well. I love her dearly, and I know she loves me too. I've known her for 5 years before sealing our relationship with marriage. Suffice it to say, I know her every flaws and she knows mine. Our love is eternal .
To the later part of the answer, I wou..I woul...i wouldn't shed a tear. Speaking on her behalf, simply goes to show you really know her. Wish you a blissful conjugal life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hojuholape: 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2019
That's what they all think till life rears its head.

Why do you think some people take sniper after heartbreak?

mekaprime:

To the later part of the question, I wou..I woul...i wouldn't shed a tear. Speaking on her behalf, simply goes to show you really know her. Wish you a blissful conjugal
life.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
Rich Boy Rich Girl.. 6.5/10

Nice movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ishilove:

Big Willy matter is a VERY important matter cheesy

How's the fam, fam?

We good. smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
double post
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
Octopusssy:

Awww.

my hunting ground if you're interested. download an epub reader to open after your downloads have taken place. epub is better at reading ebooks than pdf.

http://www.starbase-929.net/media/Calibre%20Library/Stephen%20King/

http://www.starbase-929.net/media/Calibre%20Library/
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
oyaskii:
Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile" (2019). I expected more gore tbh.This was actually about ted bundy proving he didn't commit those crimes and you would almost believe him been that he was so manipulative, intelligent and Charming. I got why his victim's family were upset about the movie, his actual crimes were turned down to the very last notch but make no mistake he was "extremely wicked, shockingly evil and evil" one of his quote while in custody was 'I don't feel guilty for anything. I feel sorry for people who feel guilt.We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere and there will be more of your children dead tomorrow".
Zack Efron killed the Ted Bundy role, his performance was so detailed to the latter.
But overall I felt the movie could have been more. 6/10
F A C T
Expected more seriously. Zac killed the role. Felt for the babe sha. He was so cunny and manipulative, that i felt he was set up cheesy Chai, smooth criminal

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2019
Joy
Just started watching and I have to say I have not felt so in a scene in a long time and this is just the first 6 minutes.

PS: It is a Nigerian film (at least till our scholars find out who produced it and term it accordingly) and the first scene I am talking about is an actual

SPOILER

RITUAL SCENE!!!

PS 2: What is the need of putting spoiler tag if others are still going to scroll through the thread and see the spoiler. Those wey dey dodge, how una take dey do am?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by error4040: 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
since i could not find Alita Battle Angel am currently Downloading I am Mother I hope it worth my time and data

Would give Feedback tomorrow.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by deradees: 12:20am On Jun 12, 2019
Can you please help me with the link to download the movie Concussions. It is a 2015 movie featuring Will Smith as Dr Omalu. Thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by halalMACburger: 6:47am On Jun 12, 2019
I just watched The Ruins again. It is one of the most underrated horror movies of all time.

It has an original story to it. Its horror is unique. A higher budget would have made this film a blockbuster. 6.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dansolution: 8:57am On Jun 12, 2019
pls someone should recommend good movies to watch this holiday,I have enough data to download
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 10:48am On Jun 12, 2019
Terminator 3......8/10...... Terminator 4 ........7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abdurrazaq(m): 11:19am On Jun 12, 2019
error4040:
since i could not find
Alita Battle Angel am currently Downloading
I am Mother
I hope it worth my time and data

Would give Feedback tomorrow.

Check thenetnaija/com for Alita
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Frostyzone(m): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2019
Iosprince:
It's spare me your...
Try and see a shrink my dear, it might help rid you of your neurosis.
Lmao! Fatality. gringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1402) (1403) (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Illusioneffect(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.