Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,884 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3736679 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) ... (3831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 7:41pm On Jul 02, 2019
sometimes those white guys speak like they have hot yam in their mouth

DannyKoice:
If you're one of those guys that pay more attention to subtitles than the actual movie, lemme see your hands up. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2019
DannyKoice:

You weren't paying attention, all these were explained

- By hacking earth's collective database via their more advanced technology, they were able to discover that they'd camouflage better/hide in broad day light by imitating the appearance of our vehicles. They can transform to anything that have cogs and torques, including helicopters and planes.

- Bumblebee was well hidden from the Decepticons until he mistakenly broadcasted his location to the Decepticons, and by extension, earth's.

- Transformers were able to make their escape because the resistant leader, Optimus Prime offered himself as a sacrificial lamb.

- Family, relationships and trust are the themes of the movie. You should have paid more attention.

You dey try sha to explain what anyone paying attention would've known. Anyone that rates Bumblebee 0/10, knows zilch about movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2019
losprince:
Good will hunting - ACES everyone, ACES.
10/10

I never thought I'd see the day two dudes hugging on screen would make me tear up. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck wrote a master class and delivered a breathtaking performance along with the rest of the cast. And the ending, oh man, the man ending was AMEN.

I can see you're binging on old movies. Good choices.

I so much love this movies. Back when movies were sensible and not reliant on CGI or graphics.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
sometimes those white guys speak like they have hot yam in their mouth

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 02, 2019
Beorn:

I so much love this movies. Back when movies were sensible and not reliant on CGI or graphics.

One of the cons of technological advancements, I guess.

One of the reasons I like independent productions, aka low budget films is the emphasis the writers lay on dialogue, character and plot development, conflict and resolution, structure and scenes. Less emphasis is laid on visuals, cuz when all these other elements are executed properly, it's secondary.

You rarely see filmmakers pay such attention to details to blockbusters nowadays. This is why independent films like Coherence and Primer are such little masterpieces.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:04pm On Jul 02, 2019
DannyKoice:

Tbf, BWP didn't get scary until the last 10 minutes or so. PA is scarier.
I will not be discouraged, I will see for myself. cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2019
losprince:
I will not be discouraged, I will see for myself. cool
Okey-dokey.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2019
DannyKoice:

You weren't paying attention, all these were explained

- By hacking earth's collective database via their more advanced technology, they were able to discover that they'd camouflage better/hide in broad day light by imitating the appearance of our vehicles. They can transform to anything that have cogs and torques, including helicopters and planes.

- Bumblebee was well hidden from the Decepticons until he mistakenly broadcasted his location to the Decepticons, and by extension, earth's.

- Transformers were able to make their escape because the resistant leader, Optimus Prime offered himself as a sacrificial lamb.

- Family, relationships and trust are the themes of the movie. You should have paid more attention.

Nicely written, but if I may interject, the above explanation of yours can only stand if.... Bumblebee were the first Transformers movie in the franchise.. Don't get wrong, i so much loved the movie, & its themes. In fact, it's my second best in franchise after the first one. But if were to go by what we already know in the previous instalments then Bumblebee had one heck of a plot hole.
The last knight made us understand that B was here in the 40s, & even fought along side the Devil's Brigade in the second world war killing as many Nazis as possible, Bumblebee made us understand that B came to earth in the 80s. Or let's say he didn't, how come the B in the 40s was very matured, while the B in the 80s was a kid bot..Do Autobots grow smaller as they age.

Secondly, the Creators seeded the Earth with Transformium 65 million years ago, the Fallen and the Decepticons hid the Sun Harvester on Earth in 17,000 B.C, the 12 Knights that formed Dragonstorm helping Merlin and King Arthur beat the Saxons in 484 A.D, Megatron was long here in search of the cube but crash landed in the Attic region & froze up, so invariably,Bumblebee's broadcast wasn't what disclosed earth to the Decepticons as they were already here long ago. And yet at the beginning of Bumblebee, Optimus Prime indicated that Earth was a planet he'd just found and dispatched Bumblebee to protect it until the Autobots arrived.
Hacking, I wouldn't necessarily call it hacking, its more of imitation. imitation of whatever earthly technology they come in contact with. The first movie showed the evidence that supports the above...
Irrespective of the above, the movie was still a solid 8 for me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2019
Legion season 3.

What a psychedelic mindfuck!

Koicereloaded aka dannykoice, are you watching this crazy series?

I'm sorry, I have never seen any scifi series better than this when it comes to the scenery and sets.

Then there is the bad guy Amal Farouk. This guy is a monster but likes to present himself like a classy gentleman in a suit.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:34pm On Jul 02, 2019
DannyKoice:
If you're one of those guys that pay more attention to subtitles than the actual movie, lemme see your hands up. grin grin
Mine is British movies with vernacular
English, or a movie with heavy accented Scottish English. in fact for movies like this, I watch the subtitle rather than the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:38pm On Jul 02, 2019
mekaprime:

English, or a movie with heavy accented Scottish English. in fact for movies like this, I watch the subtitle rather than the movie.

So, if you were studying in England/Scotland, you would ask your lecturer for subtitles abi?

All these pakos sef. Clubmaster, how you see am?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2019
JeromeBlack:
Legion season 3.

What a psychedelic mindfuck!

Koicereloaded aka dannykoice, are you watching this crazy series?

I'm sorry, I have never seen any scifi series better than this when it comes to the scenery and sets.

Then there is the bad guy Amal Farouk. This guy is a monster but likes to present himself like a classy gentleman in a suit.

Legion is the_shit. Cinematography is out of this world. Farouk aka Shadow king is one cunning parasite. Successfully convinced everyone that David was the bad guy too.

I'm staying away from season 3 till it's over. I prefer to binge-watch tv shows.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
mekaprime:

Lolz, I'm the same way on any heavily accented English language film. Kinda gruelling tbh.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
Nova15:

You're kidding right?

Nope.... I have been hearing hype about the movie and the characters all through the years... But I just realized I have never really seen any of the movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2019
DannyKoice:

Lolz, I'm the same way on any heavily accented English language film. Kinda gruelling tbh.

So you too are pako? Upon all the English you have been blowing on this thread?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2019
IKON360:

The movie is 3hrs long that's why I've not seen it till now, I've also not seen Hobbit and Matrix

Also never seen Hobbit

Seems I shall need to update my Movie List �
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 8:46pm On Jul 02, 2019
Here in Uzbekistan, we don't ask for subtitles from our lecturers.

Don't know about England/Scotland.

JeromeBlack:

So, if you were studying in England/Scotland, you would ask your lecturer for subtitles abi?

All these pakos sef. Clubmaster, how you see am?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2019
JeromeBlack:

So you too are pako? Upon all the English you have been blowing on this thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXGP4Sez_Us
Decode this gibberish for us please. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
if you know you have not seen Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Matrix Trilogy,raise your hand now use that hand to slap yourself for waiting this long

Matrix Trilogy I have seen... Over and over again... Neo is life ✔️

LOTR I have never seen though.... Will download tonight
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2019
DannyKoice:

Anime Life ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2019
Beorn:

Most Old movies tell their stories in a very true form, staying true to character and what was obtainable in the era which it was set, most latest movies just throw visual spectacles at the viewers along with whatever political nonsense they pretend to be sympathizing with-with barely coherent plot and unbelievable character development. Just check out how they massacred GOT.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2019
nani667:

Anime Life ✔️
That chest really is heavy, I could feel the weight from here.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2019
Tully-

A commentary on post-partum depression. 7.5/10

The Favourite-

7.5/10. Olivia Colman deserves that Academy Award

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2019
nani667:

Anime Life ✔️
This one doesn't need subtitles. wink
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
Ishilove:
Tully-

A commentary on post-partum depression. 7.5/10

The Favourite-

7.5/10. Olivia Colman deserves that Academy Award

Olivia Colman is very talented. Too bad you don't like tv shows cuz most of her best works are found on television.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
Can anyone please tell me why Samuel L Jackson has never won an Academy award?

Highest grossing actor of all time
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 02, 2019
Clubmaster:

Boggles the mind. Very prolific and versatile, and has been around the industry for a very long time. A legend in all ramification.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
DannyKoice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXGP4Sez_Us

Decode this gibberish for us please. grin

The average Scottish accent is understandable. There are some that are difficult, yes, but not the majority.

Pako 4 life grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2019
Clubmaster:
Here in Uzbekistan, we don't ask for subtitles from our lecturers.

Don't know about England/Scotland.

Clown grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by henrydadon(m): 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2019
Clubmaster:

Racism

Beside Samuel L Jackson hasn't always played by the rules of white colonial master
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2019
Clubmaster:

it really beats my imagination.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2019
JeromeBlack:

The average Scottish accent is understandable. There are some that are difficult, yes, but not the majority.

Pako 4 life grin

Nope, the only decipherable Scottish accent is Edinburgh accent. The highland and Glaswegians accent are another matter, esp the famed Glaswegian accent. The accent is like a foreign language, or a speaking-in-tongue gibberish. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) ... (3831) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.