Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3743110 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2019
JeromeBlack:

So, if you were studying in England/Scotland, you would ask your lecturer for subtitles abi?

All these pakos sef. Clubmaster, how you see am?

Must you always be racist or tribalistic or how should I put it.. just because your parents made it in life to give you a better life doesn't mean your life is worth more than others oga.

I can't help but notice how you ridicule people with every chance you get by boasting about your luxurious lifestyle.

If we investigate now we go see say all na wash.
You are a BULLY.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2019
Moneyboyz:

Must you always be racist or tribalistic or how should I put it.. just because your parents made it in life to give you a better life doesn't mean your life is worth more than others oga.

I can't help but notice how you ridicule people with every chance you get by boasting about your luxurious lifestyle.

You are a BULLY.

cry

Bros, I was only joking

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2019
DannyKoice:

Nope, the only decipherable Scottish accent is Edinburgh accent. The highland and Glaswegians accent are another matter, esp the famed Glaswegian accent. The accent is like a foreign language, or a speaking-in-tongue gibberish. grin

I see. I'm familiar with Edinburgh.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2019
If I hear say I no get front row for what's about to go down.

JeromeBlack, what do you have to say for yourself?

Moneyboyz:

You are a BULLY.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2019
Clubmaster:
If I hear say I no get front row for what's about to go down.

JeromeBlack, what do you have to say for yourself?

I'm sorry for my behaviour.

You have understand, I grew up pako and broke. People oppressed and bullied me. The life of an apprentice spare parts dealer was rough.

But when I turned 18, Yahoo changed my life. I became a big boy and I now had the power to oppress others. grin

I swear. I think I would make a good nollywood script writer
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
henrydadon:

Racism

Beside Samuel L Jackson hasn't always played by the rules of white colonial master
Abeg, Racism wetin? If it were based on Racism, blacks wouldn't have been winning it. Talk of people like Mahershala Ali(the black dude who played vector in Alita) who has two Oscars to his name, Viola Davis, Jamie Foxx, Denzel Washington with 2 Oscars, Cuba Gooding Jr,Morgan Freeman. The truth is Jackson hasn't had a performance worthy of an Oscar.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 02, 2019
mekaprime:

Abeg, Racism wetin? If it were based on Racism, blacks wouldn't have been winning it. Talk of people like Mahershala Ali(the black dude who played vector in Alita) who has two Oscars to his name, Viola Davis, Jamie Foxx, Denzel Washington with 2 Oscars, Cuba Gooding Jr,Morgan Freeman. The truth is Jackson hasn't had a performance worthy of an Oscar.

Saying that there is no racism in Academy Awards is naive. Once upon a time in not too distant past, Oscars snubbed every black actor in Hollywood, I've forgotten the year, and I'm to lazy to look it up, but it happened.

Samuel L. Jackson has done a lot of Oscar worthy performances. He impressed the hell out of critics in Jackie Brown, The Hateful Eight, Kingsman: The Secret Service, I Am Not Your Negro, et al, and got snubbed anyway. Tell me why? A lot of people have asked this question, and a lot of them know the answer. It's practically an open secret in Hollywood, and it begins with an "R".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:18pm On Jul 02, 2019
DannyKoice:

Saying that there is no racism in Academy Awards is naive. Once upon a time in not too distant past, Oscars snubbed every black actor in Hollywood, I've forgotten the year, and I'm to lazy to look it up, but it happened.

Samuel L. Jackson has done a lot of Oscar worthy performances. He impressed the hell out of critics in Jackie Brown, The Hateful Eight, Kingsman: The Secret Service, I Am Not Your Negro, et al, and got snubbed anyway. Tell me why? A lot of people has asked this question, and a lot of them know the answer. It's practically an open secret in Hollywood, and it begins with an "R".

Its 2015, no black actor was nominated that year. Am not ignorant or disputing the existence of Racism in the Oscars. My reference was actually to L A Jackson. The other guy( pardon me if i misinterpret/misunderstand what you said) made it seem as if Jackson never won because of his race, so I pointed out some people of colour who have actually won. For Jackson, I honestly think it goes beyond/far worst than racism. To think that he never ever got nominated for once, Haba!!, whatever it's, it's definitely worst than racism.

My saying that he hasn't had an Oscar worthy performance is what literally comes to mind when a deserving actor doesn't get what he ought to.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2019
DannyKoice:

Olivia Colman is very talented. Too bad you don't like tv shows cuz most of her best works are found on television.
No time and energy to watch TV shows.

I think she is the pulsing fire that lit up the entire movie. Absolutely fantastic performance.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 02, 2019
In The Heart Of The Sea - 8.5/10

It was a beautiful story, well told. Thor and Spidey boy consuming human flesh. I pray never to be that hungry. I wonder why it scored so low in RT. Probably has something to do with women not being involved in the movie?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MobileGees: 11:36pm On Jul 02, 2019
Spiderman Far From Home - 8/10

Funke Akindele and Mercy Johnson really did a great job in bringing the Evil of the land to justice

I also commend the heroic acts of Odunlade Adekola in the movie, he had the best character development. From the villain to becoming Spiderman himself

Movie was great with only little potholes which can be ignored

I can't wait for the part 2 of the movie
A MUST WATCH FOR EVERYONE

Grab your copy now!!!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 11:54pm On Jul 02, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

It was a beautiful story, well told. Thor and Spidey boy consuming human flesh. I pray never to be that hungry. I wonder why it scored so low in RT. Probably has something to do with women not being involved in the movie?
I fucking hate that film. angry
Don't know why y'all jerking off to it.

I pity any studio banking on Chris Hemsworth outside the MCU.
Case in point: Watch the recent MIB.

You might argue that it's not his fault.
But look at his track record when he isn't wielding the hammer.
Definitely not a draw.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cooljoe(m): 11:57pm On Jul 02, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

it was a really good movie. Imbd rated it 6.9 which is fair enough. Rotten Tomatoes are just too difficult to impress. I don't bother with them.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 12:13am On Jul 03, 2019
DannyKoice:

Samuel L. Jackson has done a lot of Oscar worthy performances. He impressed the hell out of critics in Jackie Brown, The Hateful Eight, Kingsman: The Secret Service, I Am Not Your Negro, et al, and got snubbed anyway. Tell me why? A lot of people has asked this question, and a lot of them know the answer. It's practically an open secret in Hollywood, and it begins with an "R".
Since you used Samuel L Jackson.
Permit to chip in some observations about his career.

1. Dude is an A-list "Supporting Character". You hardly see him as the lead man. So cancel out the Oscar Award for best Actor.

2. Dude is Bleep/ing prolific, appearing in 5/6 movies per year. It means most times na waka pass/glorified cameos or roles in which he doesn't get to stretch himself to be considered for awards. The few Oscar guys I know don't have too many films under their belt. Case in point: Daniel Day Lewis, Leornado Di Caprio.

3. He's always gets to curse the white guy cheesy ; Typical typecasting!!

I may be wrong though!
wink

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 1:06am On Jul 03, 2019
Trilogy loading... Earmarked for the weekend ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Since you used Samuel L Jackson.
Permit to chip in some observations about his career.

1. Dude is an A-list "Supporting Character". You hardly see him as the lead man. So cancel out the Oscar Award for best Actor.

2. Dude is Bleep/ing prolific, appearing in 5/6 movies per year. It means most times na waka pass/glorified cameos or roles in which he doesn't get to stretch himself to be considered for awards. The few Oscar guys I know don't have too many films under their belt. Case in point: Daniel Day Lewis, Leornado Di Caprio.

3. He's always gets to curse the white guy cheesy ; Typical typecasting!!

I may be wrong though!
wink

1. Academy Awards has two categories for that. Matter of fact, Samuel. L Jackson got nominated once for a supporting role.

2. Non-prolific =/= Oscars. There has been a lot of prolific actors that have won a number of Oscars in their day. The more prolific you are, the more shot you get at winning a major award, it's simple mathematics. Donald Sutherland has appeared in over 120 movies and has an Oscars to show for it. Anthony Hopkins is very prolific and is still very much active in his old age, he is also a proud recipient of an Academy award and 4 nominations. Michael Caine, a legendary British actor of 156 movies, has 2 Academy Awards and 6 nominations under his belt. Heck, the guy is even more prolific than Samuel L. Jackson and Danny Glover. So therefore, being prolific equals a greater chance of winning something.

Using Leonardo DiCaprio as an example is invalid for that fact that pre-2015, the guy was Academy Award-less.

DDL is an anomaly. Phenomenon like him are very rare, and only happen once in a lifetime. 3 Oscars and 3 nominations in a very short movie career. Only few can boast of a superior record.

3. Not always. A signature is very different from a typecast. There are certain things his fans expected of him, cussing is one of them, but he can play differing roles whilst doing them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:17am On Jul 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:

I fucking hate that film. angry
Don't know why y'all jerking off to it.

I pity any studio banking on Chris Hemsworth outside the MCU.
Case in point: Watch the recent MIB.

You might argue that it's not his fault.
But look at his track record when he isn't wielding the hammer.
Definitely not a draw.

The film is actually a box office bomb. The studio were unable to recoup the money they spent on production and distribution.

I dunno when big movie studios will finally realize that Chris Hemsworth is a fraud.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:22am On Jul 03, 2019
DannyKoice:

The film is actually a box office bomb. The studio were unable to recoup the money they spent on production and distribution.

I dunno when big movie studios will finally realize that Chris Hemsworth is a fraud.

Lol!

He should stop going for lead roles and start playing supporting ones or even focus on indies.

Perhaps studios will rethink after the recent MIB failure. wink
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Lol!

He should stop going for lead roles and start playing supporting ones or even focus on indies.

Perhaps studios will rethink after the recent MIB failure. wink

One can only hope.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:53am On Jul 03, 2019
mekaprime:

Its 2015, no black actor was nominated that year. Am not ignorant or disputing the existence of Racism in the Oscars. My reference was actually to L A Jackson. The other guy( pardon me if i misinterpret/misunderstand what you said) made it seem as if Jackson never won because of his race, so I pointed out some people of colour who have actually won. For Jackson, I honestly think it goes beyond/far worst than racism. To think that he never ever got nominated for once, Haba!!, whatever it's, it's definitely worst than racism.

My saying that he hasn't had an Oscar worthy performance is what literally comes to mind when a deserving actor doesn't get what he ought to.

Institutional racism is a part of American history, it is nothing new. Fact is if Samuel L. Jackson was white, he would have been a proud recipient of at least one Oscars by now.

Philip Seymour Hoffman before he died from multiple drug overdose was generally seen as the white Samuel L. Jackson, because of the similarities in their acting quirks, and guess what, he won an Oscars for a supporting role from a performance that wasn't any better than the sort of performances Jackson had consistently given us. The organizers basically gave Hoffman an Oscar nod because he was blonde and had the "right" color. It is what it is.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Thegamingorca(m): 5:41am On Jul 03, 2019
nani667:
Trilogy loading... Earmarked for the weekend ✔️

Egbon which plan
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 7:36am On Jul 03, 2019
Nova15:
Lord of the Rings trilogy - 9/10

This is one of my all time favourites. The casting, soundtrack are on point.

When it comes to Lord Of The Rings, all the stars were aligned when it comes to making a movie..
From the Directors, the Producers, The Scores, the Digital Photography, Digital Effects, The Costume Designers, the Editors, the Cast and so on.

It took a great team to deliver this movie not just the Story or The Director or The Cast.

When I watched the Directors Cut years ago, I stopped looking at movies as it's only the job of the stars on screen to make a movie a masterpiece.
There is a lot that goes in to make a timeless classic like this, that's why I insist any actor/actress can deliver a masterclass if they work with brilliant production team.

Have you seen Hidalgo starring Viggo Mortensen?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:40am On Jul 03, 2019
Abeg, abeg. It's not racism that Samuel L. has not won an Oscar. Dude's prolific but not so dramatic as an actor. If he should have won it should have been for Pulp Fiction. Asides that I can't think of any other role he should have even gotten nominated for. Even for Hateful Eight he couldn't have won still. Mark Rylance was miles better than his fellow nominees that year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:43am On Jul 03, 2019
DannyKoice:

Institutional racism is a part of American history, it is nothing new. Fact is if Samuel L. Jackson was white, he would have been a proud recipient of at least one Oscars by now.

Philip Seymour Hoffman before he died from multiple drug overdose was generally seen as the white Samuel L. Jackson, because of the similarities in their acting quirks, and guess what, he won an Oscars for a supporting role from a performance that wasn't any better than the sort of performances Jackson had consistently given us. The organizers basically gave Hoffman an Oscar nod because he was blonde and had the "right" color. It is what it is.
Did you just compare Philip Seymour to Samuel L.? Have you watched Capote? Have you seen the real Truman Capote speak? Have you watched the Master? My God.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 7:44am On Jul 03, 2019
IKON360:

The movie is 3hrs long that's why I've not seen it till now, I've also not seen Hobbit and Matrix

you are missing out on the movie of the millennium.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:46am On Jul 03, 2019
DannyKoice:

I wanted to overlook this and focus on the discussion, but I've seen it twice so this post is a knee jerk reaction grin tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 7:53am On Jul 03, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
Is this movie good?

If you are watching this movie, you need to watch Alien: Covenant to know the the aftermath of this movie.

If you like Alien franchise you should watch this, cos there is a strong link here.
But there are lot of plot holes here in the movie, I needed to watch some YouTube clips to really understand the whole story here.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:53am On Jul 03, 2019
troubleseller:
Abeg, abeg. It's not racism that Samuel L. has not won an Oscar. Dude's prolific but not so dramatic as an actor. If he should have won it should have been for Pulp Fiction. Asides that I can't think of any other role he should have even gotten nominated for. Even for Hateful Eight he couldn't have won still. Mark Rylance was miles better than his fellow nominees that year.

Mark Rylance? Bridge of spies?

Shouldnt this even be an example of racism? A cold war film winning best original screenplay.

Dunkirk?

These award bodies love them some white imperialistic war movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 8:05am On Jul 03, 2019
hulk616:
hacking?? At the beginning of the movie, when they were still in their planet they were transforming to trucks, cars, jets.

Well hidden? When bumblebee landed on Earth, a decepticon attacked him Immediately.

Hahahahah really?

The general consensus is that Bumblebee is the best movie from the Transformers series, you should leave it at that.

But to me personally it's the worst Transformers series, if I want to see a domesticated robot I will go watch Wall-E if want to watch fireworks I go for the Transformers, but I rather got a Wall-E in Bumblebee.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 03, 2019
Ishilove:

I wanted to overlook this and focus on the discussion, but I've seen it twice so this post is a knee jerk reaction grin tongue

Lolz, I know it should be "a oscars", but "an oscars" rhymes better, so_fuck it. tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 03, 2019
troubleseller:
Did you just compare Philip Seymour to Samuel L.? Have you watched Capote? Have you seen the real Truman Capote speak? Have you watched the Master? My God.

Bruh, there is nothing special about Hoffman's acting that I haven't seen before. Hoffman, God rest his soul, was criminally overrated as an actor. Snap back to tha reality yo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Kaycee7(m), Davidzy23(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.