Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3748610 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
McSpeedy04:
I didn't know there's a cure for dicks. Wow. shocked

But there's no cure for dickless punks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2019
losprince:
Both ishilove and jeromeblack could be somewhere in the Bahamas cuddled together after some ravenous love making trying to lead us to believe they are eternal enemies while infact they can't do without each other and the simple non-existence of one could lead to to extinction of the other. I'm done taking these two love mongers serious.

grin

I too have watched this nollywood movie

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
Deja Vu (A rewatch)

Some trippy time traveling_shit that dipped a bit into a concept initiated by Minority Report. Some movies really do age like fine wine.

7.5/10

The movie went on well for me, till the very end when they decided to screw things up. Deja vu is a feeling that one has actually experienced something that is actually happening for the first time. So it's basically a sort of time loop in a circular format. Washington ended the time loop by saving the girl & stopping the bombing, but he did so at the detriment of his life, a past life that traveled to the future. Analysing it logically & going by the theoretical rule of time travel, that action of his creates a new timeline that ought to wipe him out of existence from the present & future, but damn no, they had to make it a happy ever after. It's similar to going back in time & killing someone in the past, that person is automatically erased from the present & future timeline created.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2019
Early man - 8/10

Very funny animation
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
mekaprime:

The movie went on well for me, till the very end when they decided to screw things up. Deja vu is a feeling that one has actually experienced something that is actually happening for the first time. So it's basically a sort of time loop in a circular format. Washington ended the time loop by saving the girl & stopping the bombing, but he did so at the detriment of his life, a past life that traveled to the future. Analysing it logically & going by the theoretical rule of time travel, that action of his creates a new timeline & ought to wipe him out of existence from the present & future, but damn no, they had to make it a happy ever after. It's similar to going back in time & killing someone in the past, that person is automatically erased from the present & future timeline created.
em, pardon me, wasn't the Denzel of the future the one that was killed?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2019
JeromeBlack:

grin

I too have watched this nollywood movie
Then how do you rate it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
Hellboy.

7/10.

The gore and humour was kinda worth it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2019
joseph1832:
em, pardon me, wasn't the Denzel of the future the one that was killed?

wow!.. You're actually right. The events had already happened in the present/future, so he basically goes back in time to save the girl & stop the bomb & he dies in the process. So it was future him who died, so basically he's still intact in the timeline.. Tnx for pointing this out jare, your head day there.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2019
mekaprime:

wow!.. You're actually right. The events had already happened in the present/future, so he basically goes back in time to save the girl & stop the bomb & he dies in the process. So it was future him who died, so basically he's still intact in the timeline.. Tnx for pointing this out jare, your head day there.
You're welcome.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2019
losprince:

Then how do you rate it?

2/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2019
mekaprime:

The movie went on well for me, till the very end when they decided to screw things up. Deja vu is a feeling that one has actually experienced something that is actually happening for the first time. So it's basically a sort of time loop in a circular format. Washington ended the time loop by saving the girl & stopping the bombing, but he did so at the detriment of his life, a past life that traveled to the future. Analysing it logically & going by the theoretical rule of time travel, that action of his creates a new timeline that ought to wipe him out of existence from the present & future, but damn no, they had to make it a happy ever after. It's similar to going back in time & killing someone in the past, that person is automatically erased from the present & future timeline created.

Hold up. First of all, the very notion of time travel is ridiculous in the sense that it violates every fundamental premises of physics. There are no theorical rules of time travel, just like there are no logical explanation of time travel - time travel operates beyond the fringes of time and space, and thus not guided by physics relativity laws. Naturally, with cause and effect thrown in the_shitter, there arises a number of inconsistencies, like bootstrap, Grandfather, Hitler, and Predestination paradox.

The kind of paradox used on Deja Vu is of the grandfather variety. It's a scenerio which generates a number of timeline inconsistencies related to the possibility of altering the past, or to put it in another way, it's a scenerio whereby everything can go wrong or right, and in turn initiates a time loop paradox. I know, I know, It's complicated as hell.

What I'm trying to say is Doug went back in time multiple times, and failed multiple times till he finally got it right. Don't ask me to elaborate further, cuz I won't be able to. It's a trippy_shit that doesn't make sense most of the time.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 9:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
JeromeBlack:

2/10

Yes I agree, the actor that played jeromeblack performed very poorly, his cunnilingus skill was below par, his thrusts were dull and he had no clue what to do with a woman's mammilla. While the actress of ishilove was horrendous and I guess part of it was because of the unskilled jeromeblack, but she mostly laid down on the mattress like a log of wood staring at the camera (in a creepy way if I might add) and moaning inconsistently. It was like watching a twelve year old having a go at adult cherry while the adult pretends (unsuccessfully) like she was getting it for the first time from a seasoned explorer.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
losprince:

Yes I agree, the actor that played jeromeblack performed very poorly, his cunnilingus skill was below par, his thrusts were dull and he had no clue what to do with a woman's mammilla. While the actress of ishilove was horrendous and I guess part of it was because of the unskilled jeromeblack, but she mostly laid down on the mattress like a log of wood staring at the camera (in a creepy way if I might add) and moaning inconsistently. It was like watching a twelve year old having a go at adult cherry while the adult pretends (unsuccessfully) like she was getting it for the first time from a seasoned explorer.

Just say that the thought of another man with your ishi is too painful for you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 3:36am On Jul 06, 2019
MobileGees:
My brain is telling me not to watch this movie

But my mind is telling to watch it
I watch horror between 12am and 4am. This one wont be different.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 06, 2019
12 Monkeys (A rewatch)

This is one of the few movies that does time travelling right. Continuity of time is maintained, cuz it is absolute. No matter what you do, you can't change the past.

This movie, Interstellar and Primer are my top recommendations of time travelling movies for the way they were able to limit the scope within the boundaries of physics laws. They made time travelling an interesting notion to contemplate, rather than a mere science fiction gimmick.

8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:24am On Jul 06, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
12 Monkeys (A rewatch)

This is one of the few movies that does time travelling right. Continuity of time is maintained, cuz it is absolute. No matter what you do, you can't change the past.

This movie, Interstellar and Primer are my top recommendations of time travelling movies for the way they were able to limit the scope within the boundaries of physics laws. They made time travelling an interesting notion to contemplate, rather than a mere science fiction gimmick.

8/10

This is confirmed bullshite, koice.

12 monkeys actually ignores the actual problem with time travel. The butterfly effect. The moment you go back into the past, the present will be changed. Time travel means timelines get changed.

In interstellar, time travel was a weak ex machina designed to solve an unsolvable problem. A giant tessaract supposedly built by humans in the future just appeared out of nowhere to help the protagonist send messages to his daughter in the past.

But the again, it might have not been time travel if one considers te relativity of time as mentioned in the movie. The protagonist did not age and so, he was sending it it the present which stood still for him as time works differently in a black hole. But his daughter got the message and was growing up as time was moving on earth.

Had they really explored this relativity, I would have given the movie a pass on time travel.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 06, 2019
JeromeBlack:

This is confirmed bullshite, koice.

12 monkeys actually ignores the actual problem with time travel. The butterfly effect. The moment you go back into the past, the present will be changed. Time travel means timelines get changed.
That's why I said they worked it within the confines of laws of relativity. The irony of your comment is you inadvertently consolidated my original comment. In 12 Monkeys, they didn't ignore the butterfly effect at all, rather, they worked around it. For instance, in Cole's final mission, in the process of trying to kill the man with the virus, got himself killed instead. Why? You can't alter history once it has been observed. 12 Monkeys is very clear on this - You can't change the past. Time is absolute, whilst maintaining it's relativity. It's not an exact science, but credible.

You're so hasty to refute what I said that you forgot to comprehend the full meaning of my comment. Time travel will always be a polarizing topic since it doesn't exist within the known laws of physics.

JeromeBlack:

In interstellar, time travel was a weak ex machina designed to solve an unsolvable problem. A giant tessaract supposedly built by humans in the future just appeared out of nowhere to help the protagonist send messages to his daughter in the past.

But the again, it might have not been time travel if one considers te relativity of time as mentioned in the movie. The protagonist did not age and so, he was sending it it the present which stood still for him as time works differently in a black hole. But his daughter got the message and was growing up as time was moving on earth.

Had they really explored this relativity, I would have given the movie a pass on time travel.

I can't go into this right now because there is a lot more complex science involved. I remember they published a book about it. One thing I can authoritatively tell you right now is that the science used on Interstellar is very real.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:50am On Jul 06, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Hold up. First of all, the very notion of time travel is ridiculous in the sense that it violates every fundamental premises of physics. There are no theorical rules of time travel, just like there are no logical explanation of time travel - time travel operates beyond the fringes of time and space, and thus not guided by physics relativity laws. Naturally, with cause and effect thrown in the_shitter, there arises a number of inconsistencies, like bootstrap, Grandfather, Hitler, and Predestination paradox.

The kind of paradox used on Deja Vu is of the grandfather variety. It's a scenerio which generates a number of timeline inconsistencies related to the possibility of altering the past, or to put it in another way, it's a scenerio whereby everything can go wrong or right, and in turn initiates a time loop paradox. I know, I know, It's complicated as hell.

What I'm trying to say is Doug went back in time multiple times, and failed multiple times till he finally got it right. Don't ask me to elaborate further, cuz I won't be able to. It's a trippy_shit that doesn't make sense most of the time.

Nice exposition. But my reference to rules & logic on time travel was based on fictional science which encapsulates movies,series & books on time travel I've read over the years and not based on real science.
In real science, time travel as a concept may not be feasible for now because of our lack of understanding of the subject matter, but its theoretically possible. If you call it ridiculous/ unreasonable because it violates every fundamental premise of physics, that argument of yours stands, if the reference to time travel is based on fiction science. Time travel in real science has a different theoretical explication & application to the fictional time travel shenanigan we know.
According to the concept of Time dilation in physics, Albert Einstein's theorised on the concept of relatively. Relatively which he categorized under two types of time dilation. Special relativity & general relativity. Though this idea/theory may seem far fetched but over the years, scientists have come to confirm them through experiments.
Special Relativity states the much of a muchness of the space and time space-time, and when your speed in relative to other objects is close to the speed of light, time goes slower for you than for the people who are not encapsulated by the speed of light.
So also the theory of General Relativity which predicts that time passes more slowly for objects in gravitational fields eg Earth than for objects far from such fields.
But i strongly believe that further research & work in field of Time dilation will some day in the far far distant future, make the fictional time travel a reality.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 9:17am On Jul 06, 2019
Who else have felt this way before?

I am now in the habit of leaving movies unfinished no matter how interesting it is, whenever I have like 20 mins left, I will lose interest.

I presently have like three movies which I am yet to conclude.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 06, 2019
mekaprime:

Nice exposition. But my reference to rules & logic on time travel was based on fictional science which encapsulates movies,series & books on time travel I've read over the years and not based on real science.
In real science, time travel as a concept may not be feasible for now because of our lack of understanding of the subject matter, but its theoretically possible. If you call it ridiculous/ unreasonable because it violates every fundamental premise of physics, that argument of yours stands, if the reference to time travel is based on fiction science. Time travel in real science has a different theoretical explication & application to the fictional time travel shenanigan we know.
According to the concept of Time dilation in physics, Albert Einstein's theorised on the concept of relatively. Relatively which he categorized under two types of time dilation. Special relativity & general relativity. Though this idea/theory may seem far fetched but over the years, scientists have come to confirm them through experiments.
Special Relativity states the much of a muchness of the space and time space-time, and when your speed in relative to other objects is close to the speed of light, time goes slower for you than for the people who are not encapsulated by the speed of light.
So also the theory of General Relativity which predicts that time passes more slowly for objects in gravitational fields eg Earth than for objects far from such fields.

But i strongly believe that further research & work in field of Time dilation will some day in the far far distant future, make the fictional time travel a reality.

The bolded are Einstein's much theorized laws of relativity, and if I recall correctly, Interstellar brilliantly utilized all the laws to make the bootstrap time paradox used in the film plausible. However, in the real world, it's still very much a theory for the the fact that it's beyond our technological capabilities to fold the four fabrics of space-time to form a bridge/wormhole between one timeline and another, aka time travel.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:40am On Jul 06, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I beg to disagree here, the concept of relativity used in this movie was well/accurately explored. It was in fact, within the confines of special relatively as theorised by Einstein.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:53am On Jul 06, 2019
mekaprime:

I beg to differ here, the concept of relativity used in this movie was well/accurately explored. It was in fact, within the confines of special relatively as theorised by Einstein.

Relativity of time is not time travel.

I was talking about the time travel at the end with the tessaract. It was an ex machina.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 9:59am On Jul 06, 2019
Seven Psychopaths-

I am now just understanding why Norman Rockwell won all those Oscars. The guy is such an intense actor.

The storyline is rather strange but hilarious nonetheless. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, and the featured soundtrack gave me an earworm. 'First Cut Is the Deepest' by P.P Arnold. I slept with this song playing in my head and woke up this morning muttering the lyrics.

I had no idea Sheryl Crow is not the original singer. This song is so... soulful and beautiful... cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTJJ9kPOWQ8
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:03am On Jul 06, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

That's why I said they worked it within the confines of laws of relativity. The irony of your comment is you inadvertently consolidated my original comment. In 12 Monkeys, they didn't ignore the butterfly effect at all, rather, they worked around it. For instance, in Cole's final mission, in the process of trying to kill the man with the virus, got himself killed instead. Why? You can't alter history once it has been observed. 12 Monkeys is very clear on this - You can't change the past. Time is absolute, whilst maintaining it's relativity. It's not an exact science, but credible.

You're so hasty to refute what I said that you forgot to comprehend the full meaning of my comment. Time travel will always be a polarizing topic since it doesn't exist within the known laws of physics.

I was not hasty to refute your point about time travel in 12 monkeys.

You are contradicting yourself if you say that you cannot alter history once observed. The mere action of going back in time alters history. Your mere presence in the past itself has changed history and created a temporal paradox.

How can the butterfly effect be ignored? It is simple logic that going back in time creates alternate timelines. The only exception is if one goes back in time as an unseen observer.

This is why I prefer time travel inlooper. Time travel occurs in a loop. The past alters the future. The loop can change but it will always remain a closed loop with death.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:08am On Jul 06, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I can't go into this right now because there is a lot more complex science involved. I remember they published a book about it. One thing I can authoritatively tell you right now is that the science used on Interstellar is very real.

I repeat, relativity is not time travel. The only bit of time travel in interstellar occurred at the end with a tessaract.

I am aware of the rigorous scientific work that went into the plot of interstellar. However, there was nothing scientific about the end with the time travel. The tessaract, the bookshelf, the message and the protagonists survival in space were all weak plot stuff. Ex machina.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:10am On Jul 06, 2019
Clubmaster:
Who else have felt this way before?

I am now in the habit of leaving movies unfinished no matter how interesting it is, whenever I have like 20 mins left, I will lose interest.

I presently have like three movies which I am yet to conclude.

undecided

You are alone.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 10:16am On Jul 06, 2019
My question was directed at people with a fully functioning thinking faculty you know smiley

Be patient, I will get to your IQ category soon.

JeromeBlack:

undecided

You are alone.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2019
Clubmaster:
My question was directed at people with a fully functioning thinking faculty you know smiley

Be patient, I will get to your IQ category soon.

See this neanderthal talking. You were probably the first to walk on hind legs in your family.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:23am On Jul 06, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The movie 12 monkeys was based on the concept of Butterfly effect. Technically they didn't include the idea of alternate timeline to it. To me, i think the butterfly effect in the movie wasn't well explored. Just saying, a ripple effect in the past by a time traveller ought to create an alternate/parallel universe.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 10:27am On Jul 06, 2019
Mean streets 8/10

Most people won't find this one intriguing, but if you are a fan of gangster films and you're willing to stay focused and let the picture encapsulate you then this one you will find very interesting. I guess this is where Martin Scorsese found his Midas touch and Robert de Niro proved his chops.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:33am On Jul 06, 2019
mekaprime:

The movie 12 monkeys was based on the concept of Butterfly effect. Technically they didn't include the idea of alternate timeline to it. To me, i think the butterfly effect in the movie wasn't well explored. Just saying, a ripple effect in the past by a time traveller ought to create an alternate/parallel universe.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 10:37am On Jul 06, 2019
I am not the first, the honor belongs to my maternal grandmother.

Does that explain why nobody has a functioning thinking faculty in your family?

JeromeBlack:

See this neanderthal talking. You were probably the first to walk on hind legs in your family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Illusioneffect(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.