Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3741563 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:50pm On Aug 05, 2019
Movie fun fact
Now you see me

Isla Fisher got into difficulty while filming the piranha tank scene. The top of the tank remained opened so that Fisher would be able to swim to the top to get some air, and there was also an emergency lever inside the tank that, if pulled, would alert the crew that she needed help. During one take, Fisher was running out of air, and tried to swim to the top, but the chains on the handcuffs she was wearing got stuck on the bottom of the tank, so she was unable to swim to the top, or pull the lever. She then attempted to alert the crew by hitting the glass of the tank, but since her character is supposed to be panicked and scared in the scene, the crew thought she was acting. She was stuck for three minutes, before the Stunt Coordinator finally realized that something was wrong, after he noticed that her handcuffs were stuck.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
mekaprime:
movie fun fact
Jaimie Alexander

The actress was almost paralysed when she slipped on a staircase during the filming of Thor: The Dark World. She herniated a disk in her Thoracic spine, dislocated her left shoulder,tore her right Rhomboid, and chipped eleven of her vertebrae, from the fall. The star was in hospital for a week and didn’t return to the set for a month.

This has a lawsuit written all over it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

This has a lawsuit written all over it.
I don't think she filed any lawsuit for it. She probably took it as an occupational hazard.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2019
undecided

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2019
mekaprime:

I don't think she filed any lawsuit for it. She probably took it as an occupational hazard.

If she didn't, then she missed a huge opportunity that would have amounted to a substantial settlement.

New movie stars pray to get injured on set just so they can cash in. Big movie studios shell out considerable sums of money to settle workplace-related lawsuits annually.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2019
mekaprime:

Lolz. A fine evening Lady Ishilove.
Nnwoke nmadu, dalu
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

If she didn't, then she missed a huge opportunity that would have amounted to a substantial settlement.

New movie stars pray to get injured on set just so they can cash in. Big movie studios shell out a considerable sums of money to settle workplace-related lawsuits annually.
Don't you think that might geopardize their career in the long run?

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2019
nani667:
undecided

Everything wrong with this rating starting with number 5.

What's the rating based on? RT, IMDB, viewer's choice, critics' choice or the readers of an inconsequential blog.

In as much as some of us will disagree with me, no marvel film will make the top 50 greatest of all time. Scratch that: top 100.

How can it be a great film when you need to watch over 15 other films to understand what's going on?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2019
AntiMCU:

Don't you think that might geopardize their career in the long run?

Not at all. Provided they were well within their rights to sue, I don't see how it will jeopardize anything. Although, it wouldn't hurt to have a top agent with tier 1 connections, in your payroll... you know, just in case.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Not at all. Provided they were well within their rights to sue, I don't see how it will jeopardize anything. Although, it wouldn't hurt to have a top agent with tier 1 connections, in your payroll... you know, just in case.
Well, if you say so. Not familiar with how it works.
Besides, never heard of any actor suing a studio for on set injury.

Also, the studio might be proactive and include how to settle issues like this in the actor's contract.

To me, that's more like it although I might be wrong.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2019
AntiMCU:

Well, if you say so. Not familiar with how it works.
Besides, never heard of any actor suing a studio for on set injury.

Also, the studio might be proactive and include how to settle issues like this in the actor's contract.

To me, that's more like it although I might be wrong.

In every contract, there is always a loophole to explore. I haven't heard of a fool-proof contract... don't think it exist, tbh.

You don't hear about it on the news because of the NDA that comes with every behind-closed-doors settlement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gustav25: 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2019
AntiMCU:

What's the rating based on? RT, IMDB, viewer's choice, critics' choice or the readers of an inconsequential blog.

In as much as some of us will disagree with me, no marvel film will make the top 50 greatest of all time. Scratch that: top 100.

How can it be a great film when you need to watch over 15 other films to understand what's going on?

Demented Cifia Pains patient

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:14pm On Aug 05, 2019
Ishilove:

Don't be so cynical. People get into trouble every day. People need lawyers to bail them. All you need to do to get steady jobs is hang around police stations. Sure banker

Smh.....charge and bail lawyer.

Only a local minded person could think that this is what lawyers do to earn money.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 10:17pm On Aug 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
This is England.

Some heavy shit_ in here. A kid of 12 french-kissing a girl of 18 is one of the standouts. Set in early 80's England.

7.5/10

Moving over to the miniseries that continued the story.
no sh1t? I think you should see Cape Fear and watch a forty something year old Robert DE Niro kiss an 18 year old Juliette Lewis.

Funny thing is Juliette Lewis doesn't even look 18, babe looked like she was 14 and acted the part nicely.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 05, 2019
AntiMCU:

shut up!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2019
joseph1832:
no sh1t? I think you should see Cape Fear and watch a forty something year old Robert DE Niro kiss an 18 year old Juliette Lewis.

Funny thing is Juliette Lewis doesn't even look 18, babe looked like she was 14 and acted the part nicely.
Oh, I remember the Cape Fear scene. I was utterly disgusted by it.

This scene however, weirded me the heck out. I couldn't decide if I should cheer for the 12 year old boy for riming an older girl, or get angry at the 18 year old for taking advantage of him. I mean, technically, both were kids (even if the girl was 6 years older), thus not breaking any laws. Yeah, it was a weird moment.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Disagreed.

My personal opinion though.
Which i respect. I was heavily vested in this movie because it had the theme i like when looking for a movie to see and it was one of the hyped movies that year. I was seeing it bits because with was monotonous to saw the least but i finally finished it and got the hang of it.
Now was it good film, Yes and that's about it., was cassey affleck's performance good, deserving of an oscar and one for the ages, and my answer is still the first and not the latter 2. The Competition for Best actor for that year wasn't all that stiff with Ryan gosling for La La Land (would have been ridiculously if he had won), Denzel Washington for fences ( I didn't think he's performance was anything near an oscar winning level), i think the Closest person should be Andrew Garfield for Hack Saw Ridge. I believe all this contributed to Cassey's win...and like you said my Personal opinion tho.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
Ishilove:

I think Casey deserved the Oscar win. His performance was gritty. He projected so much misery and self-loathing that I found myself depressed after watching the movie.

His performance was good, but oscar worthy i still have my doubts till this day.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
nani667:
undecided
I have never watched godfather.
What is that movie all about??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 05, 2019
oyaskii:
Which i respect. I was heavily vested in this movie because it had the theme i like when looking for a movie to see and it was one of the hyped movies that year. I was seeing it bits because with was monotonous to saw the least but i finally finished it and got the hang of it.
Now was it good film, Yes and that's about it., was cassey affleck's performance good, deserving of an oscar and one for the ages, and my answer is still the first and not the latter 2. The Competition for Best actor for that year wasn't all that stiff with Ryan gosling for La La Land (would have been ridiculously if he had won), Denzel Washington for fences ( I didn't think he's performance was anything near an oscar winning level), i think the Closest person should be Andrew Garfield for Hack Saw Ridge. I believe all this contributed to Cassey's win...and like you said my Personal opinion tho.

I have always viewed Manchester By The Sea as his best role. Not knocking Gone Baby Gone, but he showed a lot more emotions and action chops in MBTS by some distance.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:03pm On Aug 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I have always seen Manchester By The Sea as his best role. Not knocking Gone Baby Gone, but he showed a lot more emotions and action chops in MBTS by some distance.
Performance for the Ages, Oscar Worthy comparing side by side with say Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles, Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill, Rusell Crowe as Maximus or even Matthew McConaughey in Dallas buyers club?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2019
oyaskii:
Performance for the Ages, Oscar Worthy comparing side by side with say Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles, Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill, Rusell Crowe as Maximus or even Matthew McConaughey in Dallas buyers club?

It's subjective, isn't it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

It's subjective, isn't it?
Yes man.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 05, 2019
oyaskii:
Yes man.

Exactly. See, I could rate Casey's performance over all in your list, and get away with it. It's all a matter of opinion.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 11:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
hulk616:
Most people consider it the greatest movie ever made, it's a Mafia movie, but it's so Shakespearean and it's beautiful and sad and glorious and depressing and so many things.... lipsrsealed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamJ(m): 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2019
mehn

write down all the animations u watched as a kid and rewatch them as an adult, u will be amazed

rewatched lion king part 1 to 3

didnt understand simba in part 2 when i was young, didnt get why he was so worried abt kiara but now i do

Post-traumatic stress disorder in a cartoon for children

i hail the writers
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Exactly. See, I could rate Casey's performance over all in your list, and get away with it. It's all a matter of opinion.
Yup, Boils down to personal choice.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bailynbas: 1:28am On Aug 06, 2019
Pls,I need site to download series movies...it should not be less than 360p graphics
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JonsDavin: 3:23am On Aug 06, 2019
I'm watching my favorite online movies at the mobdro official website for android, a great app to help you see the best broadcast 2019.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 7:20am On Aug 06, 2019
oyaskii:
Opened TDK recently and i am still in awe..Still the greatest superhero movie ever made!
Cc; Hulk616, Cosmicphoenix, Gustav25, Vic2ree, Afobear, MJBOLT, Mrdojo
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 06, 2019
AntiMCU:

Cc; Hulk616, Cosmicphoenix, Gustav25, Vic2ree, Afobear, MJBOLT, Mrdojo
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
overrated TDK

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:04am On Aug 06, 2019
hulk616:

Ahhhhh. The travesty grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.