Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,007 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3753344 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
Clubmaster:
I believe in what I see.

Second?
then don't bother downloading it because the message will be lost to you.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
Clubmaster:
Speaking from experience, are you?
Nah, just preparing you for the inevitable.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 10:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
I can be gullible when I choose to be so will I enjoy the movie from a theist perspective?

joseph1832:
then don't bother downloading it because the message will be lost to you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 10:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Nah, just preparing you for the inevitable.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 10:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Emotion kee you dere.
I will shred you to your last atoms

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 10:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
Clubmaster:
I can be gullible when I choose to be so will I enjoy the movie from a theist perspective?
I really can't say. All I can say is the movie have a very strong message.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by friendlyadvice: 10:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The core of MCU storytelling has always being embedded in fan servicing.
grin grin grin KoiceReloaded don kill me oooooooooooooooo so classix like

Civil war,Avengers Assemble and Winter Soldier(I won't even add infinity wars to the list cause that is on another world of its own) are fan service movies? They didn't have solid stories that tied up the extended universe and developed the well written characters despite the different hands that touched the other movies? now I know you are pulling my legs

KoiceReloaded:

If Endgame is guilty of fan service, then the same can be said of Infinity War, and the rest of em.
How can you say that? didn't you watch infinity wars? can you compare thanos and doctor stranges character development, the unification of the GOTG , avengers and the sorcerers, thors and a more matured rockets adventure to get the storm breaker etc can you compare all that to..............time heist?

KoiceReloaded:

The thing is, it works. If something ain't broken, don't fix it.

You see? even you know that the movie is overhyped
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 10:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
I will download it next month

joseph1832:
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 10:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
friendlyadvice:

Civil war,Avengers Assemble and Winter Soldier(I won't even add infinity wars to the list cause that is on another world of its own) are fan service movies? They didn't have solid stories that tied up the extended universe and developed the well written characters despite the different hands that touched the other movies? now I know you are pulling my legs

How can you say that? didn't you watch infinity wars? can you compare thanos and doctor stranges character development, the unification of the GOTG , avengers and the sorcerers, thors and a more matured rockets adventure to get the storm breaker etc can you compare all that to..............time heist?

Say no more, reality is lost on some folks here.

Granted endgame was epic, I got multiple Goosebumps from several scenes, even the 10 seconds all female faceoff with thanos gave me mad chills and I kinda liked captain marvel in the movie, but with that being said I only regard it as a visual spectacle and a nostalgic ride, the stakes weren't that high and the apprehension was almost non-existent. It won't be held in same regards as the dark Knight.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by friendlyadvice: 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
losprince:

Even the directors sef know it is overhyped, na everyday them dey use youtube repair them film with "details we missed"

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:58pm On Aug 12, 2019
friendlyadvice:

Yea for the first fifteen minutes till a rat bailed scot lang outta the quantum realm.
This reminds me of the average atheist's 'Big Bang' theory of man's evolution: Give a mad man (completely insane, lunatic, foaming at the mouth fellow) a biro, several thousand sheets of paper and enough time, he will eventually be able to solve calculus.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
joseph1832:
Now I'm interested.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
Who have watched the twilight samurai? The movie have very high rating from rotten tomatoe: 99% Imdb: 8.1/10 and 94% of Google user liked the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:03pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ishilove:

Now I'm interested.
I recommend it strongly for you. Please watch it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
joseph1832:
I recommend it strongly for you. Please watch it.
Adding it to my bucket list.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ishilove:

Adding it to my bucket list.
smiley

You've seen the last samurai?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by friendlyadvice: 11:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ishilove:

This reminds me of the average atheist's 'Big Bang' theory of man's evolution: Give a mad man (completely insane, lunatic, foaming at the mouth fellow) a biro, several thousand sheets of paper and enough time, he will eventually be able to solve calculus.
grin I have no idea what you are talking about

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 11:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
oyaskii:
I can't certainly show you evidence or at least not on here, except you want a cache of screenshot (which you might still disprove), but FF has taken a dimension which has become monotonous and am sure the only reason the makers are still hanging on to it is because it guarantees a great payday.
thank God you've said...
if it makes money,it makes sense..
majority of its fanbase aren't tired which is all that matters..
it's all good moaning about the film but end of the day movie goers still flock to see these films
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 12:56am On Aug 13, 2019
losprince:

Granted endgame was epic, I got multiple Goosebumps from several scenes, even the 10 seconds all female faceoff with thanos gave me mad chills and I kinda liked captain marvel in the movie, but with that being said I only regard it as a visual spectacle and a nostalgic ride, the stakes weren't that high and the apprehension was almost non-existent. It won't be held in same regards as the dark Knight.
No Marvel film will be held in the same regards as The Dark Knight.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:00am On Aug 13, 2019
I remember when Endgame came out and folks were comparing it to Citizen Kane.

Few months later, a few people have seen it for what it is: a visual spectacle.

I've said it several times and will still repeat today: "Time won't be kind to Marvel films".

Mark my words!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 13, 2019
Raalsalghul:
I remember when Endgame came out and folks were comparing it to Citizen Kane.

Few months later, a few people have seen it for what it is: a visual spectacle.

I've said it several times and will still repeat today: "Time won't be kind to Marvel films".

Mark my words!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 13, 2019
friendlyadvice:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 3:23am On Aug 13, 2019
friendlyadvice:

losprince:

Some people are experts at analysing nonsense.

Let me drop some few facts.

1. Technically, all marvel movies are fan service movies given the added numerous Easter eggs shown in each movie for comic book fans. Just look at the amount of stan Lee cameos.

2. If a product is over hyped, it simply means that its features were exaggerated and did not meet its expectations. Only a liar or a dumbass would claim that Avengers endgame did not meet expectations

A. It gave a nice ending to the current Marvel cinematic universe.
B. It was an interesting film that kept our attention for 3 hours.
C. It ticked all the elements of a superhero movie. Crazy Superhero fights. Super evil villain. Gripping science fiction. Redemption. Etc

3. Thanks to koicereloaded, I understood that avengers endgame is a summary movie- it is the movie that ties the cinematic universe to an end. Therefore, it is going to be a different movie from its predecessor, infinity wars. It is going to focus more on closure, than the events that caused chaos and brought our heroes together. Once you understand this, the comparison to infinity wars would be more nuanced.

4. While Endgame and the dark knight are both superhero movies, they are very different. The dark knight tries to ground itself in realism with a gritty/dark main character in a gothic city. Avengers endgame embraces the science fiction and is more upbeat. Both are award winning movies. Note that Endgame would have more awards.....

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 3:30am On Aug 13, 2019
This is the same thing that happened when they said that Black Panther was over hyped. Now they are saying that Endgame is over hyped.

Local kazeems that probably did not watch the movie when everyone watched it at the cinema and do not understand the significance of the movies are now coming to analyse nonsense.

It would do people a lot of good to look at the meaning of overhyped before claiming something is overhyped.

Of course, the exception is DC fanboys who never see anything good in marvel. If Jesus was a marvel character, these DC fanboys would become satanists.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 3:41am On Aug 13, 2019
Ishilove:

You managed to outdo your previous foolish comments. Bravo.

Even the person you made this comment to, was like "what the fvck?".

FYI. There is nothing like atheist big bang. There is only the big bang.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 5:32am On Aug 13, 2019
JeromeBlack:

1. Technically, all marvel movies are fan service movies given the added numerous Easter eggs shown in each movie for comic book fans. Just look at the amount of stan Lee cameos.

2. If a product is over hyped, it simply means that its features were exaggerated and did not meet its expectations. Only a liar or a dumbass would claim that Avengers endgame did not meet expectations

C. It ticked all the elements of a superhero movie. Crazy Superhero fights. Super evil villain. Gripping science fiction. Redemption. Etc

3. Thanks to koicereloaded, I understood that avengers endgame is a summary movie- it is the movie that ties the cinematic universe to an end. Therefore, it is going to be a different movie from its predecessor, infinity wars. It is going to focus more on closure, than the events that caused chaos and brought our heroes together. Once you understand this, the comparison to infinity wars would be more nuanced.

4. While Endgame and the dark knight are both superhero movies, they are very different. The dark knight tries to ground itself in realism with a gritty/dark main character in a gothic city. Avengers endgame embraces the science fiction and is more upbeat. Both are award winning movies. Note that Endgame would have more awards.....

God, dude I didn't even say anything negative about the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 5:36am On Aug 13, 2019
losprince:

But you agreed with a clown that said the movie is over hyped.

It's right there in the first sentence of your comment.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 13, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Bravo!

Being an over-thrashed topic, I didn't bother to argue with them, but you've practically said everything I would have said on the matter. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 13, 2019
losprince:

You did agree with @friendlyadvice baseless assumptions though.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:45am On Aug 13, 2019
JeromeBlack:

**In Peter Drury's voice**
This is the Jerome we want to watch. Use this one relax for evening.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 6:57am On Aug 13, 2019
I have come to learn that JeromeBlack makes intelligent comments early in the morning right after rising from bed....... Anything after that, caveat emptor

Kaycee7:
**In Peter Drury's voice**
This is the Jerome we want to watch. Use this one relax for evening.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:07am On Aug 13, 2019
Clubmaster:
I have come to learn that JeromeBlack makes intelligent comments early in the morning right after rising from bed....... Anything after that, caveat emptor

(1) (2) (3) ... (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Cyril009(m), ebner70(m), bolagabriella and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.