Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3740830 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) ... (3832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:08am On Aug 13, 2019
Clubmaster:
I have come to learn that JeromeBlack makes intelligent comments early in the morning right after rising from bed....... Anything after that, caveat emptor

A result of good coffee in the morning. wink
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:10am On Aug 13, 2019
Kaycee7:
**In Peter Drury's voice**
This is the Jerome we want to watch. Use this one relax for evening.

grin

I'm a vodka person.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 7:13am On Aug 13, 2019
Brightburn 2019....6/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:14am On Aug 13, 2019
JeromeBlack:

grin

I'm a vodka person.
We'll give you a direct pipeline to one of our storage tanks. You can have a dedicated vodka tap in your house.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:16am On Aug 13, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Bravo!

Being an over-thrashed topic, I didn't bother to argue with them, but you've practically said everything I would have said on the matter. cheesy

I dont blame you. I remember the first two weeks of the release of Endgame. We all discussed this movie for days. No one likes to repeat themselves, especially on a topic that has been done to death.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:17am On Aug 13, 2019
Kaycee7:
We'll give you a direct pipeline to one of our storage tanks. You can have a dedicated vodka tap in your house.

Cc. Koicereloaded ati clubmaster, see you guys later. I am going to be hungover for a week grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:26am On Aug 13, 2019
friendlyadvice:

grin I have no idea what you are talking about
Of course you don't, but that is how they reason. I was once involved in their nonsense arguments way back, in the Religion section. The foolishness in that conjecture popped back in my head after watching the even stupider scene of the rat bringing Ant Man out of the Quantum Zone.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:28am On Aug 13, 2019
joseph1832:
smiley

You've seen the last samurai?
I may have. Who are the headliners?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bravesoul247(m): 7:33am On Aug 13, 2019
Saw blood money last night. Very nice film and good storyline, then I switched to Vskit to laugh lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:36am On Aug 13, 2019
Ishilove:

Of course you don't, but that is how they reason. I was once involved in their nonsense arguments way back, in the Religion section. The foolishness in that conjecture popped back in my head after watching the even stupider scene of the rat bringing Ant Man out of the Quantum Zone.
Pray, tell. How were you expecting Ant-Man to make it out of the quantum zone?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 7:41am On Aug 13, 2019
Ishilove:

I may have. Who are the headliners?
Tom Cruise, Ken Watanabe.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 8:05am On Aug 13, 2019
One of the most useless movie I have seen this year.

Nollywood would have done better.

Damfostopper:
Brightburn 2019....6/10

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 9:06am On Aug 13, 2019
Clubmaster:

lol average for me.... I'm giving it 6 because of the song played at the end of the movie.... I like that lady music.... so calm and weird music.....

if not.... the movie is just a 5/10 movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by friendlyadvice: 9:17am On Aug 13, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

You did agree with @friendlyadvice baseless assumptions though.

grin baseless assumption that is giving you night mares
Good morning by the way.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:29am On Aug 13, 2019
Clubmaster:

It was not that bad. 5.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by friendlyadvice: 10:23am On Aug 13, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Some people are experts at analysing nonsense.

Let me drop some few facts.

1. Technically, all marvel movies are fan service movies given the added numerous Easter eggs shown in each movie for comic book fans. Just look at the amount of stan Lee cameos.

grin lol so because of 10 second stan lee cameos and Easter eggs that we usually miss because of more important things like perhaps the story telling and delivery, automatically makes all marvel movies fan service movies? lol so in that case I guess movies like
- sharknado that had shark tanks kevin johnson in cameo is a fan service movie
- Game over man that had shark tanks mark cuban in cameo is also a fan service movie
- 15:17 to Paris that even had the real participants is a fan service movie
- US and Get out that has a kajillion Easter eggs and references to other movies is a fan service movie
- All quentin Tarantino movies are fan service movies

JeromeBlack:

[b]2. If a product is over hyped, it simply means that its features were exaggerated and did not meet its expectations. Only a liar or a dumbass would claim that Avengers endgame did not meet expectations
grin well call me liar then my friend because I "expected" endgame to be better than infinity war but it didn't deliver

JeromeBlack:

A. It gave a nice ending to the current Marvel cinematic universe.
grin yea sure nice ending that focused on just tony stark sure lets not think about :
- how 2012 thanos is still alive and will probably repeat infinity war again
-How they disrupted the reality in avengers one and let loki escape with the tesseract to do God knows what with it and oh captain america is a hydra agent now, I wonder how that will play out in that time line
-And oh lets not forget the fresh new set of questions that arise from captain america showing up at the end after everyone said that's not possible

JeromeBlack:

B. It was an interesting film that kept our attention for 3 hours.
grin yea so Tony starks pointless I love you 3000 scene and hawk eye ninja scene and captain america support group scene and black widow crying scenessssssssss and thor meeting his father Mother scene and seeing human Jarvis kept your attention right?
grin LIES!!
JeromeBlack:

C. It ticked all the elements of a superhero movie. Crazy Superhero fights
Yes the "two" crazy superhero fights definitely makes it worth the watch
JeromeBlack:

Super evil villain
grin what does that even mean? The thanos here was so generic the only difference between him and ronan and the bad guy from doctor strange or thor dark world or even killmonger was just his appearance
JeromeBlack:

Gripping science fiction. Redemption. Etc[/b]
grin Tony stark discovered time travel without explanation in mere seconds,thanos is able to time travel with the squad without explanation(directors even forgot to explain and had to use mouth to repair it on YouTube)
Na that one you dey call gripping science?

[quote author=JeromeBlack post=81203518]
3. Thanks to koicereloaded, I understood that avengers endgame is a summary movie
grin summary movie? What does that even mean?they literally shoved our heroes in past movie set pieces and you are happy with that? Infinity war made a lot of call backs and references to other movies but didn't stop it from adding new stories and characters and twist and being its own movie not a "summary movie"

JeromeBlack:

it is the movie that ties the cinematic universe to an end.
Yea poorly

JeromeBlack:

Therefore, it is going to be a different movie from its predecessor, infinity wars. It is going to focus more on closure
grin yea 10-25 minute closure and 2hour 35 minute pandering

JeromeBlack:

Both are award winning movies
grin na saturn awards you dey compare with oscar well done

JeromeBlack:

Note that Endgame would have more awards
I doubt that buh we'll see

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:25am On Aug 13, 2019
Kaycee7:
A human fooling around with the controls would have made more sense than a rat.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 10:27am On Aug 13, 2019
I was just skipping scenes.

JeromeBlack:

It was not that bad. 5.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 10:28am On Aug 13, 2019
Kaycee7:
If you watch closely 22:30 minute into Endgame you will see a Rat inside the bus that rat pressed something then there was a green light on the device then the engine started running then boom ant man flew out

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:29am On Aug 13, 2019
joseph1832:
Tom Cruise, Ken Watanabe.
Ha, yes. Back then at Easy Life grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2019
joseph1832:
Who have watched the twilight samurai? The movie have very high rating from rotten tomatoe: 99% Imdb: 8.1/10 and 94% of Google user liked the movie.

My rule of thumb - watch first check ratings later.

Folks have missed out on good movies because of a few individuals behind rating articles and websites.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:15am On Aug 13, 2019
Ishilove:

A human fooling around with the controls would have made more sense than a rat.
Seriously? A rat makes sense because it's a chance happening that doesn't really require cognitive thinking. The van had been left in storage for years which makes sense for a rat to be there. The rat, inadvertently triggering the quantum portal can then be accepted as a plot device.
For a human to enter there and fool around with the controls would imply a deranged, homeless person somehow wandering into a closed garage. How does this make more sense than the rat?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:30am On Aug 13, 2019
friendlyadvice:

grin lol so because of 10 second stan lee cameos and Easter eggs that we usually miss because of more important things like perhaps the story telling and delivery, automatically makes all marvel movies fan service movies? lol so in that case I guess movies like
- sharknado that had shark tanks kevin johnson in cameo is a fan service movie
- Game over man that had shark tanks mark cuban in cameo is also a fan service movie
- 15:17 to Paris that even had the real participants is a fan service movie
- US and Get out that has a kajillion Easter eggs and references to other movies is a fan service movie
- All quentin Tarantino movies are fan service movies

grin well call me liar then my friend because I "expected" endgame to be better than infinity war but it didn't deliver

grin yea sure nice ending that focused on just tony stark sure lets not think about :
- how 2012 thanos is still alive and will probably repeat infinity war again
-How they disrupted the reality in avengers one and let loki escape with the tesseract to do God knows what with it and oh captain america is a hydra agent now, I wonder how that will play out in that time line
-And oh lets not forget the fresh new set of questions that arise from captain america showing up at the end after everyone said that's not possible

grin yea so Tony starks pointless I love you 3000 scene and hawk eye ninja scene and captain america support group scene and black widow crying scenessssssssss and thor meeting his father Mother scene and seeing human Jarvis kept your attention right?
grin LIES!!

Yes the "two" crazy superhero fights definitely makes it worth the watch

grin what does that even mean? The thanos here was so generic the only difference between him and ronan and the bad guy from doctor strange or thor dark world or even killmonger was just his appearance
Bruuuuuuh!!! The amount of energy you put into hating this movie could be used to achieve world peace while simultaneously discovering the cure for cancer. Just look at how you're creating non-existent plotholes without the infinity stones sef. Twale baba.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) ... (3832) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: brainiacadeboi(m), 0Brien and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.